1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Four Begins!

The sun rises in Gotham, as the fourth day of the villains quest to eradicate the Bat begins.

Overjoyed at the development of the day prior, they meet up and realize that... none of their number is missing.

How curious.

No one has died in the night!

Livelist!

Ash
    Castiel
    Doctor Whooves
    Fontisian
    Rapscallion
    Sesc
    Uncle Stojil

With 7 alive, it is 4 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Day Four Ends in 72 Hours!

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Thank god for small favors. No one died, hurrah!

And LochNess was scum! Hurrah!

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Lynch: Doctor Whooves
    The reasoning behind this is pretty obvious, IMO. Now we just have to decided whether to go after Ash or Castiel tomorrow. I'm leaning towards Castiel at the moment.

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I would like whoever knows why no one died tonight to come forward, or to at least seriously think about it, especially if it would clear two people.

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

And if anyone thinks that shouldn't happen, speak up.

5. fontisian

I have an idea, but I'd rather not discuss it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Also, I think that the only way a person can know if they've been targeted for a nightkill in a closed set up is if they die.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Ash, can you give us your reads? There aren't many players alive and everyone should have an opinion about each other by this point.

Castiel and Whooves: does LochNess' flip change your view of this game? How?

7. Ash

I think Castiel and Whooves are the remaining scum.

Still suspicious to me are Rapscallion and Sesc.

8. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Ok, so LochNess' flip has completely screwed up my perception of the game so far. Even though I'd like to entertain the possibility of a self-sacrificing lynch on behalf of the scum - and I will be keeping it in mind - my previous assertion that this was scum driven is almost definitely wrong.

I still see Sesc as scummy. My reads haven't changed there, and if we look at the lynch wagon on LochNess:
    We can tell that there must be at least one scum on it, and more if Castiel is town. Now, as all three of my (former) scum team were on it, and Fontisan hasn't been exactly the towniest person this game, that makes deciding who the real scum is very difficult.

The other person on there was Ash, who I feel dropped me pretty quickly after the day started :( That's not necessarily a scum tactic, just annoying - she has supported me for most of the rest of the game, after all. Still reading her as town, though; the scummiest thing she's done is role-reveal, which I don't think is a very good tactic.

Stojil was a strong proponent of the LochNess lynch, which either adds credence to my 'scum-sacrifice' pseudo-theory, or blows my scum read on him out of the water. Whilst I'm still reading him as scum, I will take that into account.

Also, Fontisan - I know you feel your reasoning 'obvious', but could you expand on why you think I'm scum? I voted for the person that I felt was scummiest (or rather, scummiest that I felt was possible to get lynched), didn't vote for the person I felt wasn't scummiest, and was wrong. What more can I say?

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Am I glad we got a scum? Yes.

My view of the game? I don't know what the fuck is true anymore.

Anyways, I am tired as hell, I will look through the thread again in the morning.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Can you tell me why you think I'm scum, now? For Sesc, too, if possible.

I'm weirded out that you even felt the need to state this.

Sesc/Rapscallion: *sigh* Post, please.

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

I think I am pretty much convinced who the scums are. But it's 02:30 AM here and I would like to go through the posts once more(unlike before when I posted at 03:00 AM), before taking a firm stance.

12. Doctor Whooves

Maybe it's your irritating and condecending attitude :p

Actually, it's a bit hard to say. I suspect a rather large portion of it is your immense hostility towards anyone who opposed your idea that lynching someone for info, even if they were town, would be better than lynching someone who looked scummy. Also, the frequency with which you changed your mind in early game was extremely annoying, particularly in that stage when you're trying to get a read on people. I disliked the way you accused me of not posting much early on day two, when you had posted less than me, and then of using the excuse 'I've posted loads - you can't kill me', when I said nothing of the sort.

All in all; we have abrasive personalities and they rubbed, I suppose. Sorry about that. Still not changing my mind, though.

Sesc is a slightly easier read, to me. Though his posts have often been informative, well-citated and useful (as you might expect from a mafia veteran like him), they have been painfully infrequent, and I think that he's been relying too much on his reputation to carry him through. Like I said before, people assume he's doing more than he is, even when he isn't. This may have abated slightly in the past few rounds (he's posted more, I think), but this tendancy to pop in for the last couple of posts to get his name stuck into people's heads. Honestly, this seems to me like the conduct of a 'professional lurker' - competent in remaining unseen, but known.

Actually, I would be very interested in a post count of all the currently live players, if someone is willing.

Finally, Rapscallion and Fontisan: both of you have posted statements equating to 'I have info, but I'm not sharing it - ha.', and I'm sure the rest of the class would like to know what you're thinking too. So, please; tell us what you think.

13. Ash

Post count, which you requested.

Ash: 18
    Castiel: 12
    Doctor Whooves: 37
    Fontisian: 21
    Rapscallion: 11
    Sesc: 14
    Uncle Stojil: 37

14. Doctor Whooves

Thank you kindly.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

My hostility was only directed at you as far as I can remember, not at "anyone who opposed my idea". And that's because you were the guy I wanted to lynch because of that idea. There was that tiny conflict of interests when you often intervened to say that the idea was bad.

How many times are you going to say this? I simply stated that your deflection was either scummy or a sign of newb-townie. When people came flocking to your defense, I started wanting you dead no matter whether you were the former or the latter for the aformentioned info-lynch idea.

I pointed out the inconsistency of it compared to your day 1.

Ahem:

Anyway...

Whenever you want to know, go in the Little Italy sub-forum and click on the Reply button (the one before the last, on the right) relative to the thread.

16. Doctor Whooves

Not outright hostility, maybe, but I like the way you subtly insinuate his scummyness, just because - you guessed it -he disagreed with your idea.

Enough times for you to get it right:

Post 16 - Defends me.
    Post 46 - Votes to lynch me.
    Post 78 - Decides I'm town. Rescinds vote on me.
    Post 86 - Rescinds vote on Vesvius. Votes for me. Doesn't say if he thinks I'm scum, just that he doesn't like me and killing me might bring info. Votes for me.

Good for you - how's about you go back in time and post more than me that day, then I'll concede the point.

Well... it kinda does, you know? That's the reason why people are scared to post anything too hefty in early day one. Also, I clearly wrote 'noise' - that is; not necessarily the amount of posts I made, but the amount of discussion I generated, and a good proportion of the posts in day two included me in some manner.

Thanks. I always assumed someone had to go back to the start of the thread and tally everyone's posts up.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Reread that. I "insinuated his scumminess" because he seemed to take for granted that you would have flipped town and because he said there was no info to be found in Gambit's lynch.

Defended you for completely different stuff (your hint at roleplay, which was from town's point of view).

For diverting the attention (the whole scum/newb town thing)

I stated that you looked like inexperienced town. Still nothing new compared to the previous post.

Right. So I changed my mind about you the grand total of one time, and that was in between your townie roleplay (which was one of the first posts) and your scummy/newb-town deflection.

Don't mistake changing opinion with voting and rescinding. I don't use votes only as a reflection of my reads, especially early in a game.

"Sure" about the rest. Let's not go deeper into semantics for such inconsequential stuff.

18. Doctor Whooves

Sure.
    /10chars

19. Ash

I'm so bored with this Whooves/Stojil circlejerk.

20. fontisian

Alright, let's start this out with some process of elimination. Stojil and Rapscallion were definitely not scumbuddies with Lochness based on their votes and accusations early in the previous day period. Sesc is very unlikely to be Lochness's scummbuddy because of his early vote. Ash also voted for Lochness, but she did it at the end of the day when the lynch was inevitable unless Lochness came on to vote for Raps, so she could have been busing her teammate.

So, that leaves you, Castiel and Ash as the people most likely to be Lochness' scum mates.

No let's at your behavior and your interactions with Lochness. On the first day you had a good chance of being lynched, especially after you flailed and attacked Sesc for no real reason. Then Dovaekiin and Lochness jumped in with town reads of you. Lochness then started the AngelRick bandwagon, which, along with the Gambit lynch that you and Ash started, saved you from being lynch during day 1 and 2. Oh, and Castiel also defended you before going after Gambit.

But hey, maybe those links with Lochness, Ash and Castiel were one way only. Oh wait...

Stojil covered this pretty well.

You put Ash and Lochness as town reads despite limited posts and content from both of them. Then, you started the AngelRick bandwagon.

Then Lochness does this:

Lochness defends you again and then seconds your vote on AngelRick. Vesvius and Castiel vote for Rick, which pretty much ensured Rick's lynch.

Now, your second (and first useful) post of day 3:

Oh look, Ash and Lochness are town again. Just after Ash declare you to be town too. (Ash then said that she was leaning toward Scum!Lochness, though that could have been a bit of busing since she didn't vote.)

Lochness' next post also read you as town, along with Ash and Stojil.

(She also had a scum read on Castiel, which is interesting.)

Then we have another Lochness defense from you.

I'm just going to summarize the rest of your posts from Day 3. You consistently defend Lochness and beg us to take our votes off of her in case scum try to hammer, including this fairly odd gem.

You then attack Raps, wait until Castiel votes for him, then put a second vote on Raps, who is probably town at this point. Then we had your lovely post at the beginning of this day, where you said that Lochness role had messed up your perceptions then didn't change your scum and town reads at all.

TL : DR
    You are the most obvious potential scum at the moment, closely followed by Ash and Castiel (if you flip scum).

Also, I should say that I take back my read of Ash not being scummates with Lochness or Whooves, though that should be clear from these last posts.

I suppose that I also should address this.
    That would be detrimental to town, so I won't.

Er, sorry for the longest post ever guys.