1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

It's contraindication to no one else talking. Look at your posts today, Ash. You know that playing actually opposes boredom, usually?

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I don't assume people assume I'm doing stuff when I actually don't, I assume they assume I'm busy and don't have the time, especially when I haven't logged in all day and posted anything else either :|

I was at Uni all day Friday. Now, I'll have breakfast, shower, stick my nose out to see if there's snow already, and then I'll start reading through this thread. Srsly, you people >_>

3. Sesc

Er. Alright, this is silly. One of Stojil and Whooves will be lynched today for no other reason than to finally stop their private side battle. Considering Whooves is the better target:

Lynch: Whooves

That said, there's actual reasons. Either Whooves is Mafia, or the most derpy Town ever. The Am-I-suspicious?-rating is out of the Universe. I can dig voting for someone you think suspicious, and Rapscallion was suspicious. But the problem is that

tells us nothing of whether that is actually true or not, which is why you want a credible posting record behind you to decide that in a positive way. And what you have is just terrible. fontisian did a good job pointing that out; no sense in repeating it all. The only thing I can add to that situation is that I don't know why Stojil isn't going all the way:

No. No, it's not. That's a reverse of cause and effect. I read through all that back and forth, and had half a mind to leave that thread again. No one else is talking because you are constantly at each other. Either vote for each other, or stop talking it.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Town (for me):

Stojil: He was the first to vote for Lochness, our first mafia lynch. And we already had been considering him town from before.

Sesc: He was really suspicious of me. If he were scum, he along with his buddies could have easily pushed for my lynch and since, there was some suspicion against me already, town too would have joined that wagon and mafia would have won. So, I am almost certain that he is Town.

Ash: I don’t think she is scum because, she did show her suspicion on Lochness, even before there was that series of votes on Lochness. And there never was any suspicious connection between her and Lochness or Whooves(whom I consider scum). So, she is off the hook for me.

Fontisian: I did thought her as scum on start of previous day but her posts that day and later on does more than to convince me otherwise.

Scums:

Castiel and Whooves.

Let’s start from Lochness’ post( #180) on previous day. She was under immense pressure and she makes a huge post, but at the end shows suspicion on Castiel. Castiel, who has been very silent throughout the game, suddenly, is hyper active. He exchanges couple of posts with Stojil, and what we see in the end is him and Whooves, both desperately appealing others to remove vote against Lochness.

Lochness’ suspicion against Castiel, was clearly planned to divert attention from herself. Castiel at that moment was the best placed scum (he seemed the least suspicious). This is where I really got suspicious of Castiel, and it was the first time in the game too. But it didn’t really work and in the end, he and Whooves voted against me. Though, no one really came in to that trap.

I think lynching Whooves would be the best, since he already has a vote against him.

Lynch : Doctor Whooves

---------- Post automerged at 04:12 ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 ----------

I stated the last post, couple of hours ago and got distracted. That's why didn't see Sesc's post. Though, it doesn't affect my viewpoints any how, so meh.

But Whooves now has 3 votes and require only 1 more for hard lynch.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Guys, something came up and I couldn't be and won't be around much (if at all) in the coming days. I don't have time to try out the plan I had in mind and, also, I don't know if I'll have another chance to later on share the info I have, so here it is:

I'm the Joker, the town Schizophrenic. Every night I can target a player and randomly get one of four results: a check, a kill, a roleblock or nothing. Night 1 I targeted Rapscallion and he checked town. Night 2 I targeted Kens and I killed him. Night 3 I targeted Doctor Whooves and he checked town.

That's why, today, I've continued to poke Whooves without actually voting, despite all signs pointing to that up to yesterday. Now, there's the Godfather role to keep in mind, the scum that checks town. He could easily be that (I think Rapscallion can't, considering his opposition to LochNess), but I also think it's safer to go for another target.

Lynch: Castiel

for reasons that I already stated in the past (although some of them were links to Whooves). I'm very tempted to go after Ash/fontisian, but I think my vote would be wasted there, anyway, since they apparently have gained town-reads from the majority of you, and I will probably be unable to check again and change my vote accordingly. So, good luck with the game.

@Sesc: I disagree. There are many players, posts and situations to discuss. The fact Ash (and most of you) aren't doing that shouldn't be my and Whooves' discussion's fault. At all.

@Eido: if you want and can replace me, be my guest. I honestly don't know when I'll be back reliably. Sorry.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Mod Note: Kalas will be replacing Uncle Stojil effective immediately.

Votals
    Doctor Whooves (3): Fontisian, Sesc, Rapscallion
    Castiel (1): Kalas

Abstaining (3) Ash, Castiel, Doctor Whooves

With 7 alive, it is 4 to hard lynch and 3 to soft lynch.

Day Four Ends in 19.5 Hours.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey guys. I'm fairly busy till days end, but Eid was kinda out of options. Going to be spending what time I can going over the thread with the available information and hopefully get a few quality posts out.

8. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Assuming what Stojil said up there is true, Whooves is indeed town. (as I suspected all the game I might add) There are currently 3 votes on Whooves, with 7 people alive scum can hammer the vote any time. (unless both of them are already voting for him right now) Either way, one of you should remove your votes just to be safe.

I am still not sure what to make of Stojil's RR. I expect town to have 3 power roles (going by the last Mini mafia game). Two are known and dead. Because of no night-kill last night I expected the last role to have blocked the kill. Stojil's RR tells us he did not do that.

So either scum did not kill last night intentionally, or Stojil is lying. But if he is lying why would he town-firm the guy who he has been after the entire game?

Like I said before, I don't know what the fuck is true anymore.

9. Rapscallion

Wow, wtf.

Well, when I read Stojil's post, I seriously went wtf. Then, I went hurrying to rescind vote but wait - why hasn't scum already came in and hammered in on Whooves? Or either of Fontisian and Sesc is scum? Or is Stojil lying (that would just be :confused:?

I will have to probably go and read the game once again, with this new context.

And just to be cautious:

Rescind Vote

And also, it would be interesting what others have to think about this.

10. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

So Stojil was town? Aw, fuck.

Since he's already said it: I'm Clayface, vanilla town. No powers, just the ability to be incredibly stupid and spend half of my posts arguing with another town member.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Rescind vote
    I'm inclined to believe Stojil, but I also think that there's a good chance that Whooves is a scum role that checks town. My thoughts on Castiel 's scuminess were partly due to his connection with Whooves. Whooves' role reveal as a vanilla town means nothing, as scum players were probably given fake alias to claim, but not fake roles. So, if Castiel flips scum, I still want to lynch Whooves.

However, the assumption that Whooves is scum or both Sesc and I are scum doesn't make sense at this point because we are no longer at MYLO. We can afford to mislynch once, so I doubt that a mafia will want to hammer the lynch now.

Castiel: This game and last game aren't really comparable for role ratios, because the main mafia team didn't have any real roles last game besides the godfather who checked innocent. This game we know that they at least have a rolecop. I suspect that you realized that and are just doubt casting.

I'm not as sure that Castiel is scum as I was about Whooves before Stojil's RR, but with Whooves out of the picture for now, he's our best target.

Lynch: Castiel

Kalas: Who are you thinking of targeting tonight?

12. Rapscallion

There weren't enough posts to read and gain any information from.

I looked back, and I think Castiel is the most scummy.

So, not much to say. And I am off to sleep.

Lynch : Castiel

13. Koalas

High Score:
    Maths:

4 man scum team
    3 scum, 4 town, 4 to hard lynch
    Dog pile first target 3 scum, 3 town
    NK 3 scum, 2 town, scum win

Potential problems: Judge mechanic/ even-night town kill

Judge could give them pause but I find the role.. unlikely(?) in this setup. Given they had 5 hours from when Stojil RR'd where the second Night 2 kill came from to Rapscallion Rescinding I'm more inclined to say they were unable to bandwagon rather then unwilling.

So assumption being now scum team of 3.

???, Lochness, ???

Looking at the wagons:

LochNess (5): Uncle Stojil, Rapscallion, Sesc, Fontisian, Ash
    Rapscallion (2): Castiel, Doctor Whooves
    Abstaining (1) LochNess

Given the first 3 posts after Stojil's original case against Lochness (post 168) I'm feeling significantly better about a town!Rapscallion and a scum!Castiel.

Scum team: Castiel, Lochness, ???

Third scum candidate, in order of likelihood to me at the moment: Ash, Sesc, Godfather!Whooves

fonitisian: Ash most likely check target. Also what post was your RR thing? I'm having trouble tracking it down.

14. Sesc

Oh, what the fuck.

Rescind Vote.

This is all going far to fast for my liking. Right now, we have three hours left to decide what to do with a sudden RR that might or might not be true, a player dropping out, and a new lynch target. I can't even count in how many ways I dislike Stojil's post right now (and that's even if he is genuine). Springing surprises like that at the game in the eleventh hour is just bullshit.

I mean, what are the "options" now? Lynch Castiel or lynch no one? No, fuck you very much. Lynch Stojil Kalas.

Kalas: Convince me. And not with

that no one understands, because you failed to link us to your brain.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Kalas: I suggested a role-reveal plan in post 176, but since we lynched scum yesterday, I no longer think it's a good idea. Could you elaborate a bit more on your logic? It's hard to follow.

16. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

I don't think Kalas is scum. If Stojil was town, then Kalas must be too.

Although Stojil's timing for his post was odd, I think he just wanted to gain info on the people who bandwagoned on me, and only stepped in before the lynch votes passed the point of no return. After all, I had three votes on me - enough for a soft lynch - and according to him, he wouldn't have been able to post before the day's end anyway. If he hadn't told everyone then, I'd have been lynched.

About Kalas' maths: he's basically saying that a four man scum team is unlikely (or at least a definite loss for town), and so giving his ideas on a three man scum team.

---------- Post automerged at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

EDIT: When I say 'Kalas must be too', I mean that he must be town too. Sorry.

17. Eidolonic

Day Four Ends!

The forums are being annoying.

Pretend there is flavor here.

Why so serious?

Castiel has been lynched!

Castiel was Robin.

He was a Mafia Goon.

Votals!

Castiel (3): Kalas, Fontisian, Rapscallion
    Kalas (1): Sesc

Abstaining (3) Ash, Castiel, Doctor Whooves

With 7 alive, it is 4 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Day Five will begin in roughly 24 hours! (Hurricane permitting)

Mod Note - Day Five start may be delayed a while because of the hurricane that will be hitting me and potentially a couple players. Thanks for your patience - I will mass PM the living players in the game when I start Day Five. Do try to get any night actions in in the next 23 hours, though.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  18. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Please sir, may I have a filler?

19. Eidolonic

Day Five Begins!

The sun rises in Gotham, as the fifth day of the villains quest to eradicate the Bat begins.

Overjoyed at the development of the day prior, they meet up and realize that... none of their number is missing.

Again.

How curious.

No one has died in the night!

Livelist!

Ash
    Doctor Whooves
    Fontisian
    Kalas
    Rapscallion
    Sesc

With 6 alive, it is 4 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Day Five Ends in 72 Hours!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  20. Koalas

High Score:
    Suuuup Sesc?