1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

What are you talking about? If Stojil was town (and I had a paragraph underneath that quote about why I thought he was), then Kalas must be town too.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

I think, the scum team consists of three.

But, even if there are more complications, I am still inclined to lynching the scummiest person i.e. Whooves. I don't have any ideas except basic, as to how the godfather role works, but if Whooves perchance turns out to be town, then I would go for Ash. This is because, I don't think Sesc is scum. And fontisian too, seems town to me.

If Whooves turns out to be scum and still the game continues, then I will basically look around for other players' help, as to what is happening.

Lynch : Doctor Whooves

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Yeah, I slept on it, I want to lynch Whooves.

Lynch vote: Doctor Whooves

---------- Post automerged at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Edit by way of second post:

That is three, soft lynch, unless you guys want today to end, don't hammer.

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Are you quite sure? :rolleyes:

Add.: Oh, lucky I saw that, Ashaya. I was just going to vote for Whooves. Do we want more time in the day?

5. Doctor Whooves

Well, it looks like this is finally happening. Fuck. Ah, well, I had a good run.

When I flip town, don't go for Ash. I still don't think she's scum, and lynching two town in a row would be bad.

In fact, Sesc still seems like the best scum option. I'd vote for him, but it doesn't look like it'd do much good right now. Just keep him in mind, yeah?

---------- Post automerged at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

EDIT:
    I still have no flipping idea what you're on about.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I honestly wouldn't mind day ending early. I would really like to find out if I'm right about Whooves.

Kalas: Please target Ash or Sesc tonight if the game doesn't end after we lynch Whooves.

Whooves: Why do you think that Ash is town as opposed to Sesc?

7. Sesc

Yes, I gathered that much, Whooves.

And what is it with people just rolling over and dying in this game? "oh i'll get killed but at least i had fun" That's horrible. Castiel posted once and then died silently. Lochness wasn't around. Ollie derped and then disappeared. I think the only one who even tried to kinda sorta defend himself was AngelRick.

If you aren't gonna try to do anything anyway, we might as well end the day here. :s

8. Doctor Whooves

Well, look at it this way: I've been targeted for lynches from the very first day, and frankly, with the best will in the world I'm not sure I could convince any of you that I'm town. I say it's a bad idea, but what can you do? Unless any new info comes in (which is why I think we should continue to the day's end, no matter what), or someone scum-slips like fuck, I don't know what I could say to stop myself from being lynched. Trust me, if I could do anything I would.

Before someone jumps the gun and pushes the vote, then, I'd like to ask some questions:

Sesc - What do you think about fontisan? And what were you talking about earlier?

Ash - Why do you think people consider you the second-scummiest?

Fontisan - Can we have that tl;dr about Sesc and Ash you mentioned?

Rapscallion - Why don't you think Sesc is scum?

Kalas - Why do you think no one was nightkilled?

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You couldn't just wait for Whooves to chime in could you. Ugh.

Whooves: You were one away from a hard lynch when Stojil, towniest voice in the game, revealed his Innocent check of you and turned the lynch around on Castiel. Give me all scenarios where scum!Castiel would then NOT hammer you.

10. fontisian

Working on the tl:dr.
    Whooves: You didn't answer my question.

11. Sesc

Kalas: His initial reaction was to wonder whether you were Town if Stojil was. I'm not sure he was ever going to respond in a serious way. Sorry though -- I was about to go to bed, and just addressed all questions.

12. fontisian

I started a TL:DR on Ash and Sesc, but they're actually fairly time consuming and I'd rather not do one without a reason. Here's the one on Ash. A Sesc one and Rapscallion one may come later.

Ash: First post points out the potential scumminess of Whooves' first post, though it could have been a joke. Most of Ash's posts day one fall into three categories:
    1. The cryptic, that mention information but don't really tell us anything

2. The fluff, about cute avatars etc.

3. Ollie hate, put out in a manner that would not get her lynched if Ollie flipped scum.

Now Gambit was an easy lynch at the time, but I thought that this action was scummy if Whooves flips scum, as it took attention off of Whooves. Since it's unlikely that Ash and Whooves are scum buddies at this point, I'd say that the attacks on Gambit were not particularly scummy.

There are two exceptions that I can find from day 1.

This addressed Gambit's lurker question and put some pressure on Vesvius, who has flipped town.

This summed up Ash's position for the day.

Day 2 started with this post.

Until I went back to read this I thought that Whooves had started that Day 2 lynch on Angelrick. Actually, Ash was the first person to say that AngelRick was really suspicious that day.

The next post is a response to Stojil's question.
    This is not quite as vague as previous posts, but it's still pretty bad. What does "changed my perception of Castiel" mean? (Don't answer that Ash) And that was it for the day. Ash didn't even vote.
    In other news, Whooves put Ash as one of his town reads, despite saying that her posts were "perhaps not the most informative."

Ash started to look a lot better day three when she immediately put suspicions on Lochness, Rapscallion, Castiel and Sesc, two of whom are confirmed scum. She also prompted discussion that day.

This bit of the post was strange considering her previous position on AngelRick. It looks like she was trying to distance herself from the vote on a towny.

Then Lochness called Ash towny, while calling Sesc scummy. Oh course, Lochness called Castiel scummy in that post as well and it was just after I pointed out a Lochness/Whooves/Castiel/Ash connection. Castiel then tried to get Ash lynched, though that didn't go anywhere.

Ash lynch votes Sesc for ok reasons. Day 3 ends with pretty much useless hammer from Ash. If she hadn't hammered, Lochness would have most likely died in a few minutes anyway.

Day 4: Ash posts suspicions of Castiel and Whooves. She posts a fluff post and a vote count post. The day ends without her voting. Again.

TL:DR
    My suspicions of Ash were fairly dependent on my suspicions of Whooves, which doesn't make sense at this point. However, if Whooves flips town, her lack of content and definitive positions every single day is a huge mark against her. The lack of votes (only one that really mattered out of the four days) is even worse. What Ash does have is a record of suspicions on scum players and votes from scum (Castiel), but she isn't above bussing. I think she is significantly more towny than Whooves and if Whooves flips town I will have a lot of trouble deciding who to lynch tomorrow.

13. Doctor Whooves

Oops, sorry about that. IMO, Ash just seems like a more honest poster than Sesc. Sesc, earlier in the game, did a lot of well-timed posting that sided with the main lynch whilst not adding much, but wasn't called out because he did so very close to the day's end. Ash, on the other hand, seemed to be actually striving for a town win.

How about the one where he knew he'd be instantaneously lynched the next day if he lynched me. At that point he didn't know he'd be lynched if he didn't hammer me, but if he did (particularly after Stojil's reveal), then he would definitely be lynched. So, he took the option where he might not be lynched.

Sesc and Kalas, can you answer my questions please?

14. Sesc

... you said this before, Whooves. It doesn't get more true if you repeat it.

Please tell me, exactly, where I had "well-timed" posts that sided with a "main lynch", and stop arguing that I squeezed in at Day's end (which, incidentally, in my time zone is late evening i.e. the moment where I actually have time to play) when I explained why that was. Could you possibly imagine that the reason I did not get "called out" by anyone but you was because we have a rule that says no one's lying about RL stuff?

As for fontisian: I'm inclined to think she's Town because of reasons. Could be wrong though.

15. Doctor Whooves

*cough*Post 105 and Post 159*cough*

Please. You're running, what, one hour ahead of me?

Well, that was useful and informative. Why?

---------- Post automerged at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

EDIT: I'm at GMT, by the way.

16. fontisian

Post 105 determined the lynch between Gambit and AngelRick, both of whom would have looked like town to scum. Sesc didn't have to make a risky vote to get town lynched at that time.

Post 159 came just 2.5 hours after Sesc said this
    It was at the very end of day and didn't effect the bandwagon at all. It's excusable because Sesc sited RL for his lack of posting, and lying about that is against the rules.

I sort of see where you are coming from, but your points are invalid. Try doing some actual analysis of scummy posts. I do agree with your view of Sesc's read on me.

17. Sesc

I'm starting to see why Stojil nearly started foaming. Sorry, I'm not re-acting your one-on-one. This is the last post on that matter.

Where you conveniently ignored that I had already voted for Ollie way before and rescinded my vote so that there wouldn't be a quickhammer, because I was not done talking with AngelRick, and

Maybe it has to do with size?

Then, stop fishing for information on fontisian. Feel free to assume I meant her analyses, which are good, and a Towny thing to do.

And finally, I'm not going to argue with you what is "late evening". I meant exactly what I said.

18. fontisian

Can we just lynch Whooves already? I really want to know.

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    :facepalm

Go back and reread Eid's Day posts. Then today's posts. Lestrade could get this one :sherlock:

20. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Here: #244

I am not under the illusion that my earlier posts were very good or logical. And if Sesc was scum, he could have easily used that point to lynch me without being too scummy. At that period, it was only Stojil who thought I was town(due to the check). So, it wouldn't have been too much of a problem for Sesc and his team to lynch me.