1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Not entirely sure what fontisian concluded with regards to me in her post.

My only response is that I play with my gut, I don't overanalyze and break down everyone. There is more than one way to play mafia, and my way is laid back and sometimes troll-y.

My other response is that on day 4, the day I posted and didn't vote, I got into a heavy session of Crusader Kings 2, followed by a long hibernation period. My bad. I have an addiction, I know.

---------- Post automerged at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Also this:

wrt my late and pointless vote on LochNess: woke up, checked forum, saw posts about my vote on Sesc, realized that I voted for him because I felt like it while bored, changed it. Wasn't bussing.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I was referring to Castiel's attempts to lynch you. Sorry, I should have been more explicit.

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So any thoughts anyone wants to get out? Or should we wrap this up?

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

I don't see why we are waiting now. Someone should complete the hard-lynch, so that we can wrap this up.

5. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Fine then. Once you lynch me, please take a hard look at Sesc. I still think he's scum, and I think it's worth pointing out that fontisan was the one who pushed this Godfather accusation through.

I reserve the right to point and laugh if town gets defeated by one scum.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Five Ends!

There are not many of the Villains left in Gotham.

Paranoia is at an all time high, as they look in the shadows for the Bat.

They even begin to look at each other, suspiciously - perhaps his disguise is quite clever?

After a few drinks, they corner one of their own, and accuse him of that vile thing.

He must be the Bat, they say.

And despite his protests... he is slain.

Doctor Whooves has been lynched!

Doctor Whooves was Clayface.

He was a Vanilla Town.

Votals!

Doctor Whooves(3): Fontisian, Rapscallion, Ash

Abstaining (3) Doctor Whooves, Kalas, Sesc

With 6 alive, it is 4 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Day Six will begin in roughly 24 hours!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  7. Ash

I feel so unloved, Eidolonic....

8. Eidolonic

This is correct. No one loves you.

(Just had a work deadline finish at midnight, and haven't slept in two days. Everything should be accurate now)

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER

I AM A FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER

FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER

10. Eidolonic

Day Six Begins!

Tires squeal as the lithe Batmobile roars around a corner.

The driver narrows his eyes as his target appears in his sights.

A fleshy thud, a scream, a sickening crunching sound, and the Mad Hatter is no more.

Rapscallion has been killed!

Rapscallion was the Mad Hatter.

He was Vanilla Town.

Livelist!

Ash
    Fontisian
    Kalas
    Sesc

With 4 alive, it is 3 to hard lynch. THERE IS NO SOFT LYNCH.

Day Six Ends in 72 Hours!

11. fontisian

Sorry guys (and Whooves). I screwed up.
    Kalas: What did you do last night? Also, odd question but what time did you put in your night action?

12. Koalas

High Score:
    5ish hours ago. got results back about an hour before days start. Anyway got a town check back for Sesc.

Ash make your case.

13. Ash

Ugh, I really thought Rapscallion was scum, he was going to be my go-to person to lynch.

So, as I know I'm town and I know Kalas is town, that leaves fontisian and Sesc.

fontisian, Sesc, why should we not lynch you? Who should we lynch?

Since Whooves was town, that means that the lynch on him should have scum on it. But we have Raps and me, both of which are town. (yeah, yeah, you can think I'm scum all you want, I know I'm not, will reason as such) Then we have fontisian. That leads me to think that fontisian is the right lynch choice.

But....Sesc is a fairly smart player, he could have realized that the lynch would go through without his vote and abstained.

Really want some opinions...at the moment I lean towards fontisian, she has been awfully earnest this game, which is more suspicious in retrospect.

---------- Post automerged at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Oh, I did not see your post about Sesc, Kalas. Well, everything I just said goes.

I have no proof that I am town whatsoever, other than the fact that I claimed to be town!vanilla!Penguin days ago, and that is still true. Vanilla means that I have no way to prove that I am town mechanically.

Your confirmation that Sesc is town means that I am going to vote now.

Let's win this shit.

Lynch vote: fontisian

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Post 270 Ash/Sesc. Your thoughts?

15. Ash

The post you mentioned. It is pretty puzzling to me, but largely irrelevant.

Plain and simple, if you are town and have confirmed Sesc as town, if I know I am town, then fontisian absolutely must be scum.

Not sure why she would bring up mechanically knowing that you are not part of the main scum.

If you (Kalas) were a third party, and the rest of the mafia was dead, the game would still be going, correct?

If that is the case, I really don't know why you would reference that post and make us question you, so I am going to conclude that you are town.

16. fontisian

Ash: I am earnest because that is how I play games. I'm not an experienced player and I feel like I have to make up for that by trying harder. I think that you are wrong about the Whooves lynch. It did not need to have scum on it. I was gunning for Whooves pretty hard and no one else was stepping up for him, so scum could have easily sat back and watched the lynch.

I'm having trouble deciding between you and Sesc, but if I had to vote now I would probably vote for you because of Kalas's confirmation of Sesc.

Kalas, Sesc: What do you think?

Also Sesc, do you want to roleclaim? I suppose that I could roleclaim as well at this point.

---------- Post automerged at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I am Bane, the Healer. I protected Stojil night 1, Sesc night 2, Stojil again night 3 and Kalas from then on because of the rolereveal. Since no one died on two nights that I was protecting Stojil/Kalas, I assumed that he was town.

17. Ash

I may have been a bit premature in that Sesc could be a role that checks town.

Inclined to go with the person that hasn't been checked as town, rather than the person whose check could just be wrong.

Looking forward to Sesc's post.

18. fontisian

Likewise, Ash.

---------- Post automerged at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Alright, I have a potential plan. We don’t kill anyone today and I protect Kalas tonight.

Possibilities:
    1. Scum kills me. 1/3 chance
    2. Scum kills Ash. 1/3 chance
    3. Scum kills Sesc. 1/3 chance
    4. Scum attempts and fails to kill Kalas. Not likely so I wont even include it.
    a. Kalas targets me. 1/3 chance
    b. Kalas targets Ash. 1/3 chance
    c. Kalas targets Sesc. 1/3 chance
    I. Kalas gets a rolecheck. 1/4 chance
    II. Kalas kills his target. 1/4 chance
    III. Kalas roleblocks his target. 1/4 chance
    IV. Kalas’ ability does nothing. 1/4 chance

Combined possibilities:
    1aI. I die. Ash and Sesc vote for each other. Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town victory.
    1aII. I die. Ash and Sesc vote for each other. Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town victory.
    1aIII. I die. Ash and Sesc vote for each other. Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town victory.
    1aIV. I die. Ash and Sesc vote for each other. Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town victory.
    1bI. I die. If Ash is a godfather role, she checks innocent and Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town victory. If Ash is not the godfather role, she checks innocent or guilty and Kalas votes accordingly. Town win.
    1bII. I die. Ash dies. If Ash is scum, town wins. If Ash is town, scum has a 3/4 chance of winning, 1/4 chance of tying (because Kalas can target Sesc the next night). 1/2 town win, 3/8 scum win, 1/8 tie.
    1bIII. No one dies and we kill Ash or I die and we kill Sesc. Town win (unless scum doesn’t do a night kill).
    1bIV. I die. Ash and Sesc vote for each other. Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town victory.
    1cI. I die. If Sesc is a godfather role, he checks innocent and Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town win. If Sesc is not the godfather role, he checks innocent and Kalas votes accordingly. Town win.
    1cII. I die. Sesc dies. If Sesc is scum, town wins. If Sesc is town, scum has a 3/4 chance of winning, 1/4 chance of tying (because Kalas can target Ash the next night). 1/2 town win, 3/8 scum win, 1/8 tie.
    1cIII. No one dies and we kill Sesc or I die and we kill Ash. Town win (unless scum doesn’t do a night kill).
    1cIV. I die. Ash and Sesc vote for each other. Kalas has to pick out the scum. 1/2 chance town victory.

2aI. Ash dies. I check town. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2aII. Ash dies. I check town. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2aIII. Ash dies. I check town. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2aIV. Ash dies. I check town. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2bI. Ash dies. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2bII. Ash dies. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2bIII. Ash dies. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2bIV. Ash dies. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.
    2cI. Ash dies. If Sesc is a godfather role, he checks innocent and Kalas kills me. Scum win.
    2cII. Ash dies. Sesc dies. Town win.
    2cIII. No one dies and we kill Sesc. Town win (unless scum doesn’t do a night kill).
    2cIV. Ash dies. Kalas choses between me and Sesc. 1/2 chance town win.

3aI. Sesc dies. I check town. Kalas and I vote for Ash. Town win.
    3aII. Sesc dies. I check town. Kalas and I vote for Ash. Town win.
    3aIII. Sesc dies. I check town. Kalas and I vote for Ash. Town win.
    3aIV. Sesc dies. I check town. Kalas and I vote for Ash. Town win.
    3bI. Sesc dies. If Ash is a godfather role, she checks innocent and Kalas votes to kill me. Scum win. If Ash is not the godfather role, she checks guilty and we kill her. Town win.
    3bII. Ash dies. Sesc dies. Town win.
    3bIII. No one dies and we kill Ash. Town win (unless scum doesn’t do a night kill).
    3bIV. Sesc dies. Kalas choses between me and Ash. 1/2 chance town win.
    3cI. Sesc dies. Kalas choses between me and Ash. 1/2 chance town win.
    3cII. Sesc dies. Kalas choses between me and Ash. 1/2 chance town win.
    3cIII. Sesc dies. Kalas choses between me and Ash. 1/2 chance town win.
    3cIV. Sesc dies. Kalas choses between me and Ash. 1/2 chance town win.

Total chance of a town win (from my POV obviously): 45.8% if there if the last scum checks innocent and Kalas doesn’t believe my roleclaim. 62.5% chance of a town win if Kalas doesn’t check me and I am killed. 100% town win if Kalas believes me and I’m not killed. Obviously, this model isn't perfect. Scum might have an extra ability, there could be no innocent checking scum and we should just kill Ash, etc.

19. Ash

Isn't this whole plan contingent on you being able to protect Kalas?

20. fontisian

If Kalas dies tonight, kill me tomorrow. The only way you would be unable to do this if I were scum (which I'm not) is if Kalas targeted you or Sesc and got a kill (1/4 chance). I wouldn't propose this plan if I were scum because because my chance of survival without it would be better. Do you see any other problems?