1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I don't really see why they can't throw Orohime at this problem.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Maybe it is a matter of pride, letting a mere human getting involved in SS affairs probably annoys them but who knows.

3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Might be that the true nature of her abilities aren't well-known so she hasn't been considered for that type of that thing. It might be that it wouldn't work on bankai because they're a type of ability i.e. reiatsu-based instead of just physical.

But I admit my first thought was that Orihime might be handy here.

4. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

If anything, why doesn't Ichigo realize it. Idiot ball?

(Then again, they never thought of restoring Ishida's powers either, so at least it's consistent...)

5. Constans

Constans Sixth Year DLP Supporter

...Zero Division - "combined power>SS"

And yet they'll be critically injured/trapped while throwing useless attacks at the enemy.

Ichigo will come in at the right time to save the day.

Or he'll use a great superpower (perfected my Kishimoto) - Talk.

And go Luke on Juhabach's Vader. He'll repent.

The day will be saved.

6. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Just looked in on the chapter to see what the Zero Division looked like. I wonder which one of these is Hikifune Kirio, the ex-12th Division Captain.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I'm thinking the fat one. And I'm also wondering if one of these is called Yachiru.

8. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

What utter tripe from Bleach.

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    The former 12th division captain is a female IIRC.

10. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I think it's probably the first one from the left - it looks like female, and with all this make-up it's similar to present 12th div captain.

11. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

A new chapter.

Kubo sure likes to troll his fans and he doesn't even try to hide it.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I actually kind of liked this chapter, Zero Division telling the Gotei to deal with it themselves and man up was cool, and foreshadowing about Retsu's strength was interesting.

13. Super Bunny

Super Bunny Fourth Year

Legit question, what makes people think Bleach went down the toilet? I was under the impression that everybody got tired of so-called ass pull power-ups, with Ichigo obtaining everybody's powers, but didn't Kubo kind of foreshadow most of it? Not much of an ass pull if there's foreshadowing, in my opinion. I'll admit to being blindsided by the fullbring stuff, but the hollow mask and quincy symbols showed up very early in the series, before Ichigo even had his bankai.

Or does everyone hate Bleach for some other reason?

14. Zvohunter

Zvohunter Third Year

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

The Quincy thing is the most recent reason for annoyance, not the only one. It was poorly foreshadowed and the signs that were meant to signify his Quincy origins could have easily received more reasonable explanations. IMO, it wasn't implemented that well either, to the point that it feels like this recent revelation about broken bankai was added in purely so that Ichigo would have a reason to learn their techniques. And having him learn to use every type of power out there seems unnecessary when he already has a power representing each of the known species (i.e. Human, Shinigami and Hollow).

We don't even know whether Ichigo's hollow powers have changed or if he still has fullbringer abilities yet we've now got another power piled on top of all that. Ichigo learning Quincy techniques is fine in itself but it was spoiled by how it was handled.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  16. kolya318

kolya318 First Year

People hate bleach because of random bullshit kubo introduces once he realises character X is not strong enough

17. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

He messed up the foundation of the entire series when he powered up Rukia. That she was put in the position that she had to give her powers away in the fist place shows a level of incompetence that is rare even in the series.

18. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Never really considered it a problem myself. Seemed more like she was having off day thanks to meeting Ichigo who drowned out her senses, broke her kido and then proceeded to throw himself in front of a hollow despite being defenceless.

So she went for the knee-jerk reaction of "protecting Ichigo" instead of "killing the hollow", especially since she likely didn't have the time to go shikai.

And if I wanted to be overly analytical about it, the emotional trauma of Kaien's death could have made her willing to sacrifice herself for his look-a-like (or it made her slightly suicidical). So yeah, the reveal that Rukia's on par with the higher-ranking officers didn't particularly bother me.

19. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

That pretty much anybody near that level could have killed that hollow in a moment, before it can complete an attack, without releasing their sword still makes her seem incredibly incompetent. There's having an off day and there's going retarded.

20. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Bleach should have ended with the end of the Aizen Arc.. After you save the world everything else seems rather pointless.

It would have been better if he used a time-skip and new characters(for example his sisters or somebody like that) for the other plots.