1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Honestly, this is the most interesting arc of bleach since Soul Society. The characters are interesting (and only show up for a few chapters so they don't get old) and it's obviously building up to something.

History of Soul Society is good as well.

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I thought them to be a big disappointment, but the Zero Division is really getting more interesting with each chapter. And sexier too. ;)

3. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Professor

Wait when was it revealed that Urahara has been to soul kings realm I must of missed that.

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

It's implied rather than stated. His talk with Aizen revealed that he had knowledge of the Spirit King when it was first described as an "it" and more recently we're told that he created his own healing springs after analysing the Hairdo Zero's.

Urahara might have done this through other means but him going to the royal dimension seems most likely. Especially since creating something is enough to make you a candidate for being a Zero Squad member so he would fulfill that requirement.

5. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

More than the hot springs he recreated, I feel like Urahara would have been summoned there in relation to his development of the Hogyouku(?).

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

He's created several thing that could have gotten him an audience; the reiatsu-concealing cloak and gigai, a soul-object integration technique and the zanpakuto-materialising doll.

The Hogyoku's the most plot relevant but if the King and his Zeros knew about it then it makes me wonder why they let him keep it. And he wasn't the first to create one then Aizen seemed to do a better job at concealing it.

7. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

The Bankai doll seems the most likely one imo.

8. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Personally the Gigai makes the most sense. I think they said that only those who made inventions/contributions that changed the way that Soul Society operates, and of his inventions, only the Gigai seemed to have made it into standard use. Most everything else is either personal use only or just hadn't gotten into major use.

9. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Double Post

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I'm with Brukel on this one.

We haven't been told that Urahara invented the gigai, only different types e.g. the reiatsu concealer, the humaniser and the portable version. And I don't think any of them were put to use before he was sentenced to exile.

But the zanpakuto doll is owned by Onmitsukido and has definitely seen some general use; it's just that Urahara and Ichigo who achieved bankai with it. Unless we get told that he actually invented the standard issue gigai, the doll seems to the best contender.

11. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Plus it's something that has or would have had a huge impact on Soul society if it was ever put into general use. Say he hadn't been exiled and the doll became standard issue then there would be a significant increase in the fighting power of SS just because you have far more people (potentially) with Bankai and able to achieve mastery long before they could traditionally.

And if the old squad 12 captain (food woman) made Kon ect, that suggests to my mind that the Gigai was already present as the Artificial souls were based of them I believe.

12. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The bankai doll was only successfully used by Urahara and Ichigo, though, and supposedly because they have astronomical levels of talent, relative to other (the average?) shinigami, whereas the Hogyoku might have had the power to create, as seen, armies of hybrids, blurring the lines between groups that had been firmly separate for generations. And Aizen's attempt to possess/create it was behind one of the strangest occurrences in SS history (Pendulum Arc). They lost captains because of that, multiple captains, in addition to their lieutenants, and never found them again until it was time to be saved by the same people who'd been lost. In addition to the citizens of SS who disappeared without a trace, a phenomenon which, at that point, had never even been seen.

And Aizen used it to wreck everyone's shit during the Winter War. Without Ichigo (another hybrid created by the same person who manufactured the Hogyoku), they would have been fucked. Spirit King had to be interested in that when it was made, if he knew about it. If the Hogyoku didn't change history, nothing did.

Sorry, missed the part where knight addressed it as the most plot relevant, wondering why the king would have let him keep it, but they might have trusted him to keep it safe, and from the look of things, they're definitely more of a reactive than a proactive body. They wouldn't have intervened until it destroyed SS.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  13. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Knew they were Zanpaktou from the get go y0.

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
  16. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Now with 100% more rapeface.

17. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    LOL Unohana face. Best face EVER. And she fucking better not die after all these reveals!

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  19. Kravot

Kravot Fourth Year

Quite surprisingly I enjoyed this chapter. It might be because I love Kenpachi's character and seeing more of him is always good. Probably the only guy I really enjoy reading about in the manga right now.

20. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Kubo still retains the throne when it comes to having the least amount of content in a chapter. I really don't know how he does it. Just fills up the space with black and white lines that I can't make any sense of, I guess.