1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Wonder if it'll get removed from accounts or not.

2. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

I doubt it. I'd expect Steam will honor this. There have been other pricing errors where they haven't removed games, and the deal really wasn't up that long.

3. redshell

redshell Order Member

For those of you who bought Sleeping Dogs, or are thinking about picking it up, it's worth picking up for less than $20 (let alone less than $10, jesus). If you've played the old True Crime games from last generation, it plays quite a bit like those. If you haven't, I'd suggest looking up some gameplay footage on youtube to see if you'd like it or not.

Driving takes a bit to get used to, for those among us who live in the US and are used to driving on the right side of the road with the driver's seat on the left. Obviously, since the game takes place in HK, everything's reversed. Combat feels remarkably fluid and all of your 'special' attacks feel very rewarding (for example, breaking a dude's arm puts him out of the fight).

Gun fights are also pretty well done, the police feel competent (at times) and the fact that running around with a gun out will instantly have the police on your ass is also gratifying, considering the fact that in GTA you can walk around with an RPG out and the cops don't give a fuck as long as you don't shoot it.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5. redshell

redshell Order Member

Pretty much, yeah. Activision published the first two, and the third was in production until the company behind the first two went under, whereupon Squeenix picked it up and handed it off to United Front Games to finish.

In this case, finishing the game did not involve putting a spit-shine on shoddy work, it involved stripping the game and building it from the ground up, hence the 7 year gap between games.

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There's heaps of DLC for Sleeping Dogs. The combined DLC costs more than the base game. Is any of it highly recced?

7. redshell

redshell Order Member

In my opinion, I'd go for Nightmare In North Point and Zodiac Tournament. Everything else is more or less cosmetic, adding a car or new shit for you to wear. Two of the packs, and I can't remember which they are, add some repeatable races and some repeatable cop shit, both of them incredibly boring. So yeah, Nightmare In North Point and Zodiac Tournament.

Each one adds maybe three hours of extra time to the game, if you're a completionist like me and JUST HAVE TO FUCKING DO EVERYTHING.

8. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Spec Ops: The Line for 5 bucks, for the next 24 hours. Decent shooter, pretty good story in there.

9. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

10. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Edit2: Perhaps my internet was just derping.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but here ya go:

Elder Scrolls Collection - Skyrim + Oblivion + Morrowind with Expansions/DLC

[Download Only / Steam Activation]

£20.61 or ~$34+ USD
    Contains games and expansions from Elder Scrolls III to V:
    Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year
    Elder Scrolls III Morrowind: Bloodmoon
    Elder Scrolls III Morrowind: Tribunal
    Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Game of the Year
    Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion: Knights of the Nine
    Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Elder Scrolls V Dawnguard
    Elder Scrolls V Hearthfire

Listed 1/13

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  11. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's "download only" too! There's no mention if they're all Steam codes or not, but presumably that's the case. Skyrim always needs Steam, but the other two may not.

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

13. coleam

coleam Death Eater

It appears to still be there. I was able to do everything short of actually placing the order (putting it in my cart, entering payment info, etc) with no problems. I already have these though, so I'll let someone else actually try to buy them.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

That's because the True Crime games were built horribly.

15. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Ah, thanks for letting me know. The link didn't work for me last time I check but it does now. I suppose my internet was derping.

Edit: I decided to buy it. It is indeed a Steam Activation key.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  16. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Just a quick update but Amazon will have Far Cry 3 for $34.99 ($30 after coupon) as well as Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition for $44.99 ($40 after coupon) on January 22nd. It's a one day sale. Steam key, like usual.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...rcade-edition/

GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is 75% off, from $40 to $10. With the code listed above you get 20% off on the $10, making it 8 dollars. Deal is good until Monday.

I know there aren't a lot of fighting gamers on here, but maybe this will get you into it. It seriously is an awesome game, and 8 dollars is a fucking steal.

18. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

19. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

BB corporate already amended it to exclude gift cards and now you can only buy 1 item over $100 for it to work. Some people got greedy, started buying up like 2K in Amazon cards so suspicion was raised, killed it for everyone else.

20. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

Amazon is having and end of January sale if anyone's interested. Most of the games and bundles are the same as the winter sale, so if you weren't able to get the stuff that you wanted at the time now is your chance. The $5 editors choice coupon works for most of these games also for extra savings.

Oz