1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nothing ever beats Blizzard cinematics. Seriously. One that always remains in my head is when Arthas kills his father in Lorderon. That shit was fucking amazing for 2003.

The siege tanks were so badass, such a good concept.

Edit: This one, but the quality is really shit in this video. :(

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

This one has all the cut scenes from the game and from the, I think, the expansion. It's also pretty great quality after the first scene. And, now, watching all of them I want to play Warcraft 3 again.

3. Innomine

High Score:
    Awesome find. Cheers.

I might actually play that game again... god it was awesome.

I do miss the heroes from War3 in SC2, So I'm really looking forward to the HOTS campaign in that respect.

4. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I know a lot of people probably play SC2 for the multi-player and competitiveness, but I'm actually a huge fan of the campaigns and story of it. I think I've played a handful of SC2 matches online, but I've played the campaign a dozen times. Loved the upgrades to your units and choosing Ghosts of Spectres.

The whole aspect was great, plus loved the dialogue between all the crew.

So, yeah, looking forward to seeing what they do for the sequel/expansion. New units look fun and I really hope they keep some of the upgrade system. Also, this will be fun, but I'm more excited for the 3rd installment where you'll play as Protoss. For some reason I just like them better than human or zerg.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Still feeling slightly cheated that we didn't get all three races/storylines in the original game.

...also looking forward to moar.

6. Innomine

High Score:
    Cheddar, from a single player perspective I understand... but from a multiplayer perspective it does make quite a bit of sense.

iLost, I agree with you completely. The campaign is absolutely fantastic, and I've played it a few times, but not for at least a year. I plan to do a quick brutal playthrough of WoL just before HotS comes out.

Considering I hit masters on SEA before switching to NA, I feel relatively comfortable being able to do that.

7. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

The way I see it, Blizzard made Starcraft II as a core + 2 expansion packs. oh yeah, and to milk their loyal fans as much as they can.

By the way, the Siege Tank animation is awesome - the punishment delivered by Mjolnir Shock Cannon is a beauty to behold.

8. redshell

redshell Order Member

I loved the trailer, showing Kerrigan's attack on (presumably) Mar Sara was amazing, and having it be a flashback before she woke up in a Dominion facility was also really cool. HotS looks amazing, and this coming from a guy who cannot play Zerg to save his life.

9. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Masters on SEA is like gold on NA :p

10. Innomine

High Score:
    Errr no it's not. NA gets hard around top masters - to GM, but I find NA easier than SEA until then. What really lets SEA down is the Grandmasters league. That's nothing compared to anywhere else.

This was late last year though, SEA now has just become 90% zerg, or so it seems. Thus my switch to NA. It's hard to compare though, since when I was top 8 masters on SEA, it was because I just had 1 strat for every race. I'd do the same thing every time.

I went on vacation for 5 weeks, came back and redid all my hotkeys, took mouse acceleration off, and then made myself learn at least 2 different play styles for each race. Currently sitting top Dia on NA, playing some masters. Once i've got all the new keys/strats down... :D

Right now I am toying with a muta/ling/bling build for ZvP. Since I just fucking hate having to go brood/infestor every game otherwise.

11. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

That's extremely insulting. SEA is kind of skewed to being slightly higher on average than NA (having a smaller and more dedicated playerbase) but lower top end. When I was Plat on SEA I was Diamond on NA. My brother was masters on NA and Korea before climbing to double GM in SEA (taking my account when I couldn't dedicate the time about a year back)

12. Zennith

High Score:

Eh, I was 1300 point masters player last season on NA, and when I played some o dem GM SEA players in a tournament it was... pretty damn easy.

And yeah, I actually almost never make infestors in zvp or zvt. You have to in zvz though, sadly enough.

13. Innomine

High Score:
    Yeah, as I said, SEA is really bad for GM, but under GM, it's actually better/harder than NA.

14. Zennith

High Score:

Fair enough. You should play some roach/hydra corrupter against protoss (with drop play) and/or try some ling-muta with drop play. Both incredibly awesome if executed correctly.

15. Innomine

High Score:
    Ooooooh. Drop play. Now THAT is what I was missing. Brilliant idea. The one biggest problem I have with this current start, is if they open phoenix's I tend to have a really hard time. Especially when backed up by 6+ gateway 2 base pushes. Forcefields make banelings :(.

Forcefields again are the issue with roach/hydra/corrupter. Yet again, drops get around that. That's what I'll work on next, cheers.

16. Innomine

High Score:
    Hey, so for all of you that don't know, Global Play is live. Korea here I come!

It's not official yet, but if you go here then you can make it work.

I advise you create the regions xml file in the link, it's the best way to go about it.

17. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Awesome cinematic. Ultralisks look terrifying.

18. Telrath

Telrath Second Year

Don't quote me, but I think those may have been Omegalisks.

19. redshell

redshell Order Member

Entirely possible, since it would appear that each race gains access to units in the campaign that you can't get in multiplayer.

Also, the evolution chamber in HotS' campaign will hopefully introduce upgrades that aren't blown away by their competition (such as the gun on top of a bunker vs getting two more marines in there).

20. Innomine

High Score:
    Well, I know one of the upgrades is raptorlings, which means that lings can jump up and down cliffs. Not sure what could possibly rival that.