1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(t/d) III

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Feb 14, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Voldemort hated weakness, that was the reason he hated muggles, because he thought that they are inherently weaker. It wasn't about blood at all, but power.

2. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I stole this from Rache from a different thread. I'm challenging someone (a few of us?) to write a one shot where someone other than Harry, Dumbledore or Voldemort end up with the Elder Wand. I'd particularly like to see Goyle, but any number of stories with that twist could be hilarious or awesome - imagine Mad Eye with the Elder Wand, or even a rarely used character like Luna Lovegood's father.

Any takers?

3. Rache

Rache Headmaster

I think I read a story where Xeno Lovegood identifies the stone on Dumbledore's ring on the cursed hand and steals it after the death of Albus Dumbledore.

I can't remember other details though.

We need more bad-ass Mad-Eye Moody stories and what better than to start with a Moody with the Elder Wand?

4. Andrela

An unknown being of extreme power forever changes the fate of the magical world when it resurrects Lily and James Potter on October 31st 1991.

They appear in the place they died, their old home in Godric's Hallow.
    From their point of view, no time passed since their death, while in reality 10 years passed.
    Strangely enough, they have their wands with them.

After figuring things out, they go to Hogwarts to speak with Dumbledore and meet Harry.
    Naturally, Quirellmort sees them and freaks out, because of course.

Proceed from here.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  5. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

... Who is the unkown being of extreme power?

6. Andrela

Up to the writer to decide. Probably should be something badass, like maybe Death itself.

7. Thyestean

Thyestean Slug Club Member

Should give Trelawney the elder wand and see what would ensue.

8. Andrela

5-Star Horror Story right here.

9. Reece

Reece Second Year

Three words for you: Alien, Space, Bats.

10. Andrela

You don't say? :awesome

Ps, my signature should explain all to you.

11. Ennead

Ennead Seventh Year

Has anyone done this before?

A series of oneshots that have Doctor Who popping in and dragging a witch/wizard with him on a random adventure. A la that episode where he brought Nefertiti with him onto a ship full of space dinosaurs. Afterwards, that witch/wizard gains fame and fortune and ends up shaping the history of their world...

12. elemsky7

elemsky7 First Year

The one person I know who watches Dr. Who just told me it was good because, "British humor." The only British show I've seen is BBC Sherlock which is epic. Is the the series with Barty Crouch Jr. a good place to start watching Dr. Who?

Anyway, an HP series that I'd like to see is one in which side characters from other shows/fandoms start at Hogwarts the same year as Harry (with their own powers or lack) and interact with and alter canon story lines and characters.

Such as:
    Mass Effect (Biotic Shepard, Garrus, Miranda, Wrex, etc.)
    Dragon Age 2 (Hawke, Fenris, Merrill, Isabela, Anders)
    Knights of the Old Republic 2 (the Exile, HK-47, Atton, Kreia, Visas)
    Fairly Odd Parents (Cosmo, Wanda, and Timmy)
    BBC Sherlock (Sherlock, Watson, Molly or Moriarty)

Those are my fandoms but I'd love to see anyone doing something similar for fandoms I'm at least nominally familiar with while keeping the character true to their voices\talents.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd suggest watching Doctor Who from the start of the reboot (so with the Ninth Doctor). It lays the background down for you and introduces the more important concepts (the ones that generally don't change from season to season). Besides, it's only one season of Eccleston before Tennant takes over, which is the one you mentioned.

14. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Enjoy the 9th, feel bitter-sweet when he regenerates.

Enjoy the 10th, feel emotional when he regenerates.

Watch the 11th, feel disappointed by the new actor and director. :awesome

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Or form your own opinion and don't listen to Jorm, for he is a documentated twatface who thinks that Steven Moffat is a director.

16. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

I plead the fifth.

17. elemsky7

elemsky7 First Year

I started watching with the Ninth Doctor (3 episodes in so no spoilers, thanks). It's enjoyable even with the funny old-school CGI (it's done on purpose, right?).

Returning to the post topic: a series of one-shots in which HP characters get to use the TARDIS (one time?). Maybe after they've read the books or seen how their canon lives end.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's more because of the low budget than anything else. This was the first Doctor Who season since the mid-90's so the BBC were playing it safe in case it didn't take off.

19. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Well, I don't like to brag... ;)

20. Serris

Serris Muggle

Due to real life circumstances out of my control, I never have a lot of time or motivation to write my own fanfics. However, I have thought of many plot bunnies that I think would make good fics that I hope someone here can take the time to write if they so wish. Here's one of them.

1) Harry develops a split personality after the events of Goblet of Fire. The personality manifests due to the Dursleys' constant neglect and the hardships he has faced at Hogwarts and finally breaks through the surface in the summer before Order of the Phoenix.

The personality is the manifestation of Harry's deep rooted negative emotions. It is made up of his hatred, envy, pride, fear, etc. The personality has been gradually absorbing the soul fragment of Voldemort in Harry's scar to gain strength and becomes the link to Riddle's mind. However, it cannot completely suppress Voldemort's mind rapes, only dilute it. It is also a natural Occlumency barrier against other Legillimency attacks.

It is mostly more powerful than Harry due to its willing to use Dark Arts and using Harry's memories and knowing how to use his spells more effectively. It's goal is both to ensure its and Harry's survival and deal with the threat of the Death Eaters more aggressively since the Order has been passive since they reformed.

The personality does possess Harry multiple times during his fifth year. One occurrence is during one of his detentions with Umbridge. The personality, having enough of her, forcefully takes over Harry and tortures her brutally and then erasing her memory so he doesn't get caught and raises the Ministry's attention to Harry more than it already is. Another is after Sirius is killed and it in turn tortures Bellatrix and barely holds Voldemort back until Dumbledore arrives.

Harry becomes fully aware of the personality either during the Christmas break or late in the year, but before his O.W.Ls . He is, of course, terrified of it at first and wants it to go away. However, after the events at the Department of Mysteries, he resigns to its existence and accepts its help, willing to do anything to make sure Voldemort and the Death Eaters are wiped off the face of the planet.

So, what do you guys think?

Not open for further replies.