1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

After 182 wins and 142 losses and a lost promotion series I've finally made it to Diamond V. All I can say is that getting here tastes like victory.

2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Wow, congratulations. I thought hitting the '100 games' played medal in Silver was an achievement, sort of. Very nicely done.

Sadly only got to play one game today, we got ploughed into the ground by Rumble/Ez then were starting to make a comeback winning 3 fights in a row & getting Baron... Then the whole European server cluster fell over and has been down since, so, ghost-game whenever they come back up.

3. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

'Veteran' achievement always makes me think of those people sitting in Bronze V while bearing that title. On the one hand, you figure they are exactly where they are supposed to be for the time being, but on the other hand... one hundred or more games and still in Bronze V. =/

(just looked at a friend who is in Bronze)
    There is someone with 201 WINS, let alone total matches played, sitting in the Bronze V of his League, with seven others sharing the 'Veteran' title. Two with 161/182 WINS.

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Guess they keep getting unlucky in their promotion series, I always get a little jealous when I see accounts with sub 20 wins up for promotion to Gold, though most of the time I convince myself they're smurfs of banned accounts.

5. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Congratulations!

6. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

Thanks, all I need to do now is get challenger and I'm set.

7. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Well, I hit Gold IV today. Will keep climbing, it's only a matter of time!

8. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

My friend started playing some ranked regularly whereas before he only played at end of season for rewards.

He sent me a text today and I haven't heard from him since.

9. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I began playing ranked games yesterday because I had enough of these endless, childish discussion of who said first mid and who gets it etc. And lo and behold I begin my first ranked game and get kicked three times out of matchmaking because my team (and yes it was exactly the same team three times) couldn´t decide on who played what.

And from what I hear from my brother id doesn´t get better. I really would like some way to filter for age or something like that to escape this shit.

Is it so difficult to be able to play at least 2 different roles? I mean I also like playing mid because that is where I am best.. but I learned playing support..

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Welcome to ranked, where everyone thinks themselves as the best LoL player to grace the world and having several good games in a row apparently means they can win vs anyone with anything.

Got rolled over in my first game of the day due to a terrible duo lane who camped top the whole game & did nothing else; Still died 15 times between them (Darius/Vi vs Shen, just, how?) - 2nd Game I played worse than shite but got carried ridiculously hard by a much better duo-queue and a top laner who must be high Gold if not on his way to Plat, incredibly well mannered and ridiculously good. Encountered the Leona bug though, game was won but eh, still weird they haven't fixed it.

TL;DR rant was deleted because nobody gives a damn, it's a diary thread not myspace.

Edit; Probably jinxing it but, 86lp, nearly promotional. Such a good comeback despite me derping. Again. Trist late-game is beast. So is having an ADC that gets caught out 3 times in a row, alone even w/ a supp Shen.

Edit 2; So I'm wondering, what kinda idiot picks Vayne into MF and then says 'play passive'? I seem to be getting a lot of them today, same lane match-up twice Vayne/Leona vs MF/Thresh. Like, MF's a lane bully, and suddenly it's my fault we're losing the lane when Vayne can't do shit against MF?

Edit; Duo q's who don't say anything till you've locked in your role are annoying. I thought I was screwed when he picked me Nasus vs Zed... Then I stomped him. In hindsight, sheen first would've made more sense over glacial shroud but he doubled my CS early because I maxed Q over E like an idiot and took a lot of free harass with a bad start (cloth, 3 pots & a ward).

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So I've found out that aggressive bot lanes under Gold suck-ass.

Any time I tried aggressive bot support during placements, it ended horribly.

Still, placements finally done. Now just need to work up from Silver 3, which shouldn't take long if I actually play ranked.

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

So StrikerLee and I are duoing.

Our last match of the day give this complete shit Leona. I'm not even joking. Every single god fucking damn ulti. Complete miss. I'm not talking about just the stun circle either. I'm saying the ENTIRE thing is just completely fucking off. And these are on enemies standing still and not even trying to move.

Like holy fuck. How the hell is this gold 5? I mean, if this is the general skill level, it's gonna be fucking easy hitting at least gold 1, minus these retarded allies from time to time.

12. Super Bunny

Super Bunny Fourth Year

Cuz you THINK nobody's stupid enough to stand still...but then they do. ;_;

Diamond juke = bronze obliviousness.

13. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

See, if it was just Leona missing teh stun portion, I wouldn't be going WTF.

It's her missing the ENTIRE AOE on it. When they're trapped in enemy Jarvan ulti.

This confuses me and gives me headaches trying to comprehend the stupid.

Like, the ultis weren't even close to hitting the target. They were like 300~ off every time.

14. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Maybe they just have really, really bad ping?

Or the more likely reason is that they got annoyed by somebody on their team and decided to troll.

15. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Welcome to my world Evan, I know your pain. That said, I'm sat on 95lp in Silver I and by god it slow to a crawl. I went from +23 for a win down to 10, and now 5. I reckon I'll get 2 or 3 for my next win, not the 5 I need for this damned promotional series.

Still, if I can get here, I'm sure you'll fly through, even though yes, being a support main it can be hellish, such as someone picking Vayne against MF and wanting to pasively farm. Silver is filled with idiots who don't quite get how things work and as an aggressive support, it's saddening.

Still, been trying out Lulu, can't work out if I like her or not, again. I'm running 0/9/21, could probably go 9/0/12 but I'd be stupidly squishier than I already am. Rune wise I run MPen reds, armor yellows, mana regen per level blues & GP10 quints. Rush double gp10, boots & then ruby sightstone, spamming wards the whole way. In a good game I'll get Twin Shadows and Shurel, Bulwark first if my jungler's braindead like my last one - J4 vs Elise, Zyra, Malz. Rushes 2 HP items vs 2 Liandry's. Derp.

Still, I find Lulu annoying as hell to play against - probably because I tend to run melee supports, so, rage worthy. To be fair, outside J4 my team was rather intelligent, rushing QSS' when Malz got an early kill and, well, their goes all your CC guys. Mikael's just to help our Kog and good luck getting to him.

Was a weird team comp though - Veigar, Yorick, J4, Lulu & Kog'Maw. I thought we were fucked vs Lee, Malz, Elise, Zyra & MF.

16. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

If you're feeling too squishy maybe try armor reds instead of the mpen.

17. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Yup, was my thought as that's my standard support page, double armors with flat mr & GP10. I just like harassing and a simple E-Q combo at level 3 or 4 hurts quite a bit.

Edit; Fml. Won a 45 slug-fest of a game, I got 2lp. Now sat on 97. My god.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Double post but hey, thread needs some life!

Finally got my promo series for Gold, started out well though I didn't realise it was 4 vs 5 till we were 3 minutes in so, sucked to win my first game of my promo series unfairly but, that's life.

Then went on to lose the next 3 games & thus not be promoted, mostly due to the client being awful today. I dunno what it is, but I had 7 bugsplats just trying to load into those 3 games, and I was top in 2 of them so I basically got screwed out my lane before I could even try and have a good 1 vs 1. Sadly playing vs people who have 3 levels on you by the time you get into the game just sucks.

Pissed off with Riot for their continued use of Adobe Air when it seems to be a constantly bugged out programme lately. Not sure what caused the bugsplats but I sent all the reports off with what I was doing, I've not had one in 6 weeks now so, I assume it's not my laptop but there aren't any mass reports of bugsplats lately so, I dunno what's going on really.

Either way, bugsplatted out of promotion, though it didn't seem to make much difference as the teams I got put on after the first game were... questionable in their mental stability. One death = gg, like, I've not seen that mentality since I started playing normal games waaaay back when.

Still, 83lp, not all that bad considering it was a 1-3 series so, back to the slow grind up I guess.

Edit; Remind me not to play after 5pm European time, I forget the kids are home & thus want to play. Gonna stop before I drop any further, from Promo win to 49lp in 5 matches, bad enough when I look at my team-mates & their choices.

Also, why does every jungler want to play J4 today? I've had 4 J4's in a row, and they've all been garbage, it's like having CLG's Chauster play on the team.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  19. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Whereas all respectable adults spend the working day playing video games?

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Naturally! No, I took a 4 hour chunk of my day to play my promo series & stupidly went on to try & play more games afterwards, I figured I could at least start the small climb back up & did more harm than good.

I just generally try & avoid playing between 5 & 10pm European time on weekdays because my net starts to fall over and then there's a mixed bag of players attitude wise, generally during the day people are quite pleasant which is great, just today was a little different. Still not figured out what the bugsplat problem is so I guess I just got unlucky, stupidly so. Fingers crossed I'm splat free for a few months after today.