1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hmm, so after counting up the numbers, I suppose it was one vote away. Just woke up when I posted that, and didn't really think about the day ending early. Sorry about that, even if it seems you are holding it against me, heh. Nonetheless, I can understand why you might.

I do find it curious that Castiel who voted for jwlk right after you, would also rescind vote within one minute of you doing so.

---------- Post automerged at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Above post was directed towards Uncle Stojil, obviously.

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Pretty sure we were just fooling around. I was anyway.

No there is not. And there especially isn't any in your vote there. At least wait for everyone to check in before going for the lynch.

Vote: Fenraellis

---------- Post automerged at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I rescinded to prevent a lynch so early in the day, I only saw his post after submitting mine.

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Rofl. Did it arouse them?

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Stojil: I think all sorts of fuck and what are you even doing.

Can everyone please explain what this just was, and why they voted for jwlk? In order:

Rubicon
    Bill Door
    Uncle Stojil
    Castiel
    Kaemrynn
    Fenreallis.

Rubicon, I'm listening.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

/tencharacters

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I voted to gauge reactions, Jwlk's or players' jumping in to defend or take advantage of the bandwagon or whatever.

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Wild and baseless early lynch votes is my standard day one strategy.

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

In short:
    -Got online after waking up.
    -Saw stuff happening. Mildly amused by banter, then mildly curious about the accusations.
    -Saw what looked like something really happening, and joined in when I finished reading posts, rather than be accused for intentional-inactivity or something like it.
    -Got accused for being wordy in my responses, as per usual, since I don't like the idea of pithy half a dozen word posts as a concept. Possibly again now :p.

-----
    Anyway, Castiel, I was under the impression that the supposed logic was that he who casts out the first vote is under suspicion simply due to the act, and that's what was being followed, so I did too.
    Therefore, aside from the unintentional fact of my vote bringing it to one-from-lynch(believe it or don't), I can't really see mine being any less suspect than your claimed 'fooling around'. "At least wait for everyone before going for lynch," indeed, when your vote was already the Soft Lynch value barely three hours after the thread begins.:|

-----
    Rescind Vote: jwlk

Not sure which of three people I'm looking at the most right now.

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Where?

Also, what you said in the last post =/= "brought it upon yourself (jwlk), really."

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Eh, just figured at least half of the reason behind the accusation was because of typing more than most, hah. If not, no matter. Just noticed it happened in the past to me, regardless of innocence or guilt. It's just how I type, though, so eh?

As for the 'brought it upon yourself' comment, that was in regards to being the first to throw accusations, when such a course of action has historically brought negative attention upon them. Thought it was obvious?

Anyway, last post for a while, M/W are my longer school days, but school is over next week.(for the record, in case any wonders on my lack of response)

11. Bill Door

The people that I'm suspicious of here are Castiel and Kaemrynn. One or two stupid votes are a joke, when it gets to four or five is when it looks like some dodgy bandwagoning.

Kaemrynn: I haven't seen you play here before, is this your first game of mafia?

We're just waiting for Riley to show up now, I think.

12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

A random vote to provoke a reaction from jwlk or someone else.

Kalas reacted in a very town way to the bandwagon, others less so.

1) Did you see Kalas' warning? If so, why did you ignore it?
    2) Excluding you, who do you think is the most suspicious member of the jwlk wagon?

You're suspicious of these guys for voting jwlk, but your vote is on jwlk instead of them. Why is that?

Vote: Bill Door

13. Bill Door

Well he is wearing sunglasses, a common sign that someone is up to no good. I also slightly forgot to rescind.

Rescind Vote: jwlk

Vote Kalas

Too many people are buddying up to him without him actually saying anything. I don't like it.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You wouldn't like it. Any chance of a response to the rest of Rubicon's post?

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Stojil thoughts on post 20?

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Voting for Rubicon on Day 1 gives me a petty sense of satisfaction. Anyway, at the time I voted there were two votes on jwlk and one vote on kalas. I didn't want to pile on jwlk or make this a two horse race so early on, so I decided to vote elsewhere.

I don't like the people who jumped on the jwlk bandwagon later on (i.e. Castiel, Kaemrynn and Fen), as the massive early bandwagon pretty much ensures that jwlk won't be lynched today. Fen's vote seems almost too stupid to be scum. Kaemrynn's vote strikes me as the worst, regardless of jwlk's status as scum or town, especially because it came after Eido's votals, as Kalas pointed out. On the other hand, he is new.

Unvote Rubicon
    Vote Kaemrynn

I'd love to hear your explanation for those shenanigans.

16. Bill Door

What do you mean, the rest of his post wasn't directed at me?

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Post #20:

What I like:

-The part about Kaemrynn.
    -The part about me.

What I don't like:

-The part about Fenraellis (too soft).
    -The part about fontisian (there was no bandwagon yet).
    -The part about Kalas (how does him not voting and especially him having a back and forth with jwlk help his case?).

...not again.

Riley Poole

Big and bright. Maybe it'll help.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hm, well. That escalated quickly. But i'm glad it's not coming down to it still being RVS with 12 hours left.

With that said... Wow, Castiel/Kaemrynn/Fen (stoji to a lesser extent, but still worth looking into). There is random voting, and then there is that. I'm... hesitant on condemning Kaemyrnn, simply because it is his first game (period), and I can see that being a noob mistake. Castiel, on the other hand, I can't. It's not random voting anymore when you put someone on soft lynch, especially when you don't even say anything in your post.

Kalas, well I think I like the way he responded to pressure. I wouldn't quite call him a town read yet, but I do like his posts responding to mine.

I don't want to lynch Kaem today, until we can sort out his noobiness, but I think Fen/Castiel are free game.

Vote Castiel

---------- Post automerged at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Btw, what was that thing we called you that always annoyed you stojil? Was it Stolji? Or Stolij? I can't seem to remember.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Unvote

Vote: jwlk

:colbert:

Not really.

Unvote

Vote: Fenraellis

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

At the time of Fontisian's posting, there were two votes for Jwlk. One of whom was BillDoor, another player others are likely to rally behind. No bandwagon yet, I agree, I phrased that badly, but I was more considering a deflection from a potential bandwagon. Just speculation in any case, but Rubicon is an easy target for such things.

As far as Kalas goes, my point was something like this: You came in and voted for Jwlk out of the blue. Fair enough as a means of putting pressure and gauging reactions, but if you consider it from the 'support a bandwagon' perspective it's fishier than Kalas, simply because Kalas didn't put in a vote, even when the bandwagon was rolling along at two votes and could be nicely prodded along. As for the back and forth, it was merely pointing out that he and Jwlk had been trading playful banter that would support any push that Kalas made if he had really wanted to start a heavy bandwagon. Yet he didn't, even though he was easily around later on to warn against an impending lynch that would have been even closer with his vote. Not sure if that makes sense.

And it does somewhat look like I'm pushing Kalas as town in this post. I'm not. When I said that the same question mark that applies to Stojil applies to him, I meant it. As someone else said earlier, he reacted in a very townish manner to the bandwagon - something that's easy enough to fake, especially on day 1. He did essentially the same as Stojil, albeit at a marginally less critical time and without a vote to rescind. When I said I view him as okay, that was, again, bad wording - probably should have used neutral instead. My post was more about why I consider him less suspicious compared to Stojil, when otherwise I'm suspicious of the two of them for mostly the same reason.

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Now I'm wishing I had refreshed before posting. Could have sprinkled that post with a liberal dose of Stoljilijiji.