1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'm not the only one who can see scum panicking if they screwed up, but neither of us said it actually happens. Both this post and my own mentioned that it could happen.

I didn't say anyone was panicking. I said that Scum panicking is good for town and if you're attempting to "calm them" then you're stupid. You seem to be using conjecture to make my words seems like I think a bunch of people flipped out and said "holy shit" when all I've ever done is say that panicky-scum is great for town and that it's a stupid thing to try and disregard that as something a town player can use.

As for your annoyance with the lynch, with all the talk of how Fen's not really that high on your list, you've sill kept your vote on him. Why?

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

For what it's worth, Riley, I kind of agree with you. I've given the impression of 'there is somewhat less negative attention on Fenraellis now, so I'm going to jump on Castiel instead.'
    This is particularly in light of his presumption that "I assume Fenraellis will vote Castiel eventually." Which would swap the totals to 5:4 leaning in the opposite direction from before. Anyone not favoring either would appear to be preventing a lynch from occurring at all and be suspect. Presumably anybody finishing the vote would be suspect too, aside from him of course ;), but that's a different issue.

That's not to say there isn't reason behind it, as there are things to be learned from a lynch, even of an innocent, but still, it is an odd swap.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Fenraellis, you've mentioned Stojil, Castiel and Kaemrynn. Care to give your thoughts on the other players, since it looks unlikely you will survive this?

I'm not even sure what to say to this. What possible scenario could there be where Castiel would not say that he knows he is town?

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Minor correction due to having to re-type my post because of internet being screwy:
    "I've given the impression" is supposed to be "I'm given the impression".

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Moridin, it's not so much Castiel saying those particular words, as his overall behavior.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Although Castiel's '[Look into Kaemrynn if I die],' seems to incite aggression, I suppose it's no different than what you just asked of me.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

That, and I kind of agree with the sentiment, heh.

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Fair enough. In other news, looks like a Castiel lynch is a distinct probability, so you might well survive. Could you still give the readlist? Castiel, could you do the same for all players (not just the ones I asked about earlier).

Not sure how glad I am about this new twist. Honestly, the Castiel vote was for pressure and while I would be okay with him getting lynched, I'd rather see a Fen lynch (no offense) since he's the more suspicious of the two overall. If Fen does a readlist that might change. Leaving it at 4:4 for now, both so I can wait for additional posts from either one and so others can chime in.

And yeah, Kaemrynn needs to start being useful asap.

6. Riley

My last post was directed at Sesc, just FYI in case it wasn't obvious. Not Rubicon

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sesc, opinions on a third faction?

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I suppose I'll see what I can whip up as a quick list, based upon the "Who Posted" page as the order. Typing it now, just leaving this hear so you know I am.

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm not sure what this post was about.

Do we agree that a no lynch should be avoided?

What do you mean when you say there is somewhat less negative attention on you? There certainly wasn't in terms of votes, since you were at 5 before I rescinded.

Do you see another bandwagon that isn't yours or Castiel's forming this far into day 1?

In a situation of tie or close to it, would you waste your vote on a not-credible lynch-target or vote for the player that isn't you?

If there are two credible bandwagons and someone doesn't vote for either, wouldn't they be suspicious but at the same time somewhat safe from a lynch the next day in light of whatever the day 1 flip had been?

How would I not be suspicious (I am to you already, no?) if you or Castiel flip town, when I explicitly said I would be okay with either of you being lynched and I voted for both?

In short, my move wasn't about not looking suspicious. It was about seeing the other players pick a side and give me and others something to read off them after the first lynch-flip.

---------- Post automerged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Now, I'm really out. 99% I won't be back before the deadline. Bye.

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

As per the order, based upon their posts so far:
    Uncle Stojil: Perhaps it's because he's the most prolific, or perhaps it's because of his early focus on me, then others, but I just feel like he's a bit overaggressive. Personally, I can admit that's probably at least related to playstyle differences, as I have seen him this way in the past, but if I were to relate it solely upon this game, then my opinion stands.
    -Leaning towards scummy, but as I said, playstyle differential?

Riley Poole: Talks a lot about what scum factions/players would or wouldn't do. Particularly notable for often saying that he doesn't think certain individuals are scum.
    -That said, roughly neutral on him, with a slightly scum leaning.

jwlk: Hard to say. He starts out silly, and casts the first stone. Then disappears and reflects upon the results, noting out Castiel, Kaemrynn and I, while saying Stojil is less to blame for no particular reason(later says Stojil is slightly suspicious, so I guess there is that, at least).
    -Either way, he's been fairly supportive of people being active and communicating, so I'm looking at him in a pretty decent light at the moment.

Castiel: Had the back and forth tiff with him for a while there, but after that was over, he focused on Kaemrynn and Moridin mostly, albeit the latter for 'Meta' reasons. Well, me too, insomuch as a 'rather you than me,' kind of thing. I personally agree with him more or less on Kaemrynn, though.
    -Leaning towards town.

Myself: Myargle?

Kalas: Honestly hasn't posted much aside from his read-list. Started silly early, but sobered up. Mostly posting with questions of others, rather than observations of his own.
    -Relatively neutral.

fontisian: Another tricky one, partially since I've never really seen him before. Still I approve of how his is outlining potential scenarios, even if they've mostly had me in a bad light. Good situational analysis is useful for the town.
    -Leaning towards town.

Moridin: Kind of like fontisian, I like how he has applied himself to written-out posts, but something just seems slightly off to me. Maybe it's the Joker avatar ;).
    -Relatively neutral. Not exactly scummy, but not really town-like either. Possibly a third faction, if existing?

Bill Door: Half silly posts, half minor posts. Hard to derive anything meaningful overall, but...
    -Slightly scummy leaning.

Sesc: Kind of like Riley with discussing scum strategy, although to a lesser degree, and mostly related to his argument with Riley, for what it's worth. Slightly aggressive, but I think that's mostly syntax.
    -Relatively neutral, with town leaning.

Eidolonic: Monkey
    -Completely and unequivocally scummy.

Kaemrynn: Made mostly silly posts without any actual observations. At all. Might be related to newness, but still...
    -New and scummy leaning.

Rubicon: Mostly asking reasonable questions, but stymied by a low post count.
    -Somewhat town leaning.

-----
    @Stojil
    Yes, I agree that no-lynch should be avoided, as their is value and something to be learned from a lynch regardless of outcome. As for my observation, even I can tell that some of the negative sentiment towards me, largely stemming from my voting mistake, egregious as it was, has been lessening somewhat.
    I suppose I would vote for Castiel in the case of a tie, just as he is voting for me now. That's a given, though. Even if we are both town, obviously both of us would rather be the one still playing (well, presumably). Doesn't mean I have to enjoy the idea of voting for someone I think as likely town at this point. :|

-----
    Either way, still got some time left until the end of the game-day, but I already missed my bus that would get me to class a few minutes early as is, due to desiring to get this finished first. I'll be back in a few hours, but before the deadline.

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I am heading off to sleep now. My current scumlist is: Kaemrynn, jwlk, (???).

And even though this is a closed setup, if it might help somewhere down the line, I am a vanilla mortal.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Random claiming. Wat. o_O

Riley, my vote is where it is because we can still learn something from the Fenraellis lynch, because I'm not sure we could get another target in time since no one except me is even talking about that, and since I don't feel the other available option (Castiel) is Mafia. I think I said that before.

Also, I now think you're a peculiar Town.

Kalas, no idea. I haven't noticed anything, but I'm also not sure how it would show, if there was a third faction.

13. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What? How is it a good idea to vote for someone you think is town? Like just... how does that make any sense? If you are town as you claim then why not vote for someone you think is scum.

Honestly my vote at the moment is on the person who I think is the most scummy. But since it looks like we're forced into choosing between Castiel and Fenraellis at the moment, I'll unvote, Vote Castiel. I think they're both fairly equally suspicious, Castiel a bit more at the moment. Also I think a Castiel lynch will be more informative.

---------- Post automerged at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Guys, there's less than three hours left in the day. Get talking and can the people who haven't yet vote?

14. Riley

Since both of the parties who are most likely to be lynched are away, I am unfortunately going to Lynch Vote: Castiel since he has the higher number of votes. I dislike that we are even considering this but if we want results we need a lynch. I'm looking at Sojil for the bandwagon switch over though. This could have just as easily been Fenraellis, but since you switched earlier, combined with Bill Door's late post, we have to vote him or else we risk a tie.

Votel: Castiel Again to make it stand out

---------- Post automerged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Just something I've noticed re-reading the thread, but Sesc and Stojil, why are you guys systematically ignoring each other for the most part. Sesc focuses on certain people and Stojil on others. The one or two times they've addressed each other, they completely buried it in the midst of a bunch of other comments.

Maybe this will be answered next day but it's something that's really bugging me.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think that's L-1. Next vote for Castiel ends the day.

Post incoming as soon as I finish lunch.

I'm a bit boggled by people voting Castiel because he's "more informative". Not sure how that works.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Not really sure about that either, since I was under the impression that people think we are both likely to be town.

Actually, on second thought. Maybe it's because the voting on me started because of a more logically sound reason, even if it was a mistake. Perhaps the bandwagon on Castiel is all the more suspicious because it has less of a foundation for it. Maybe it's just slipping my mind, though.

17. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Thoughts:

Rubicon seems to be a bit wishy-washy, going from providing information to simply standing on the sidelines to some degree, but perhaps that is just me. He appears to be coming off as Town with the constant (although not necessarily threatening) pressure on individuals producing reads, more information, etc. but that could be simple posturing to hide his potential scumminess.

Kalas at first appeared to be neutral(if there is a neutral role in this mafia) with his abstinence of voting(at first), but produced some viable information that could certainly point toward possible Town. Still not completely against the fact that there may indeed be a third faction.

Fenraellis definitely strikes me as scummy. Period. I've known Fenraellis personally for going on almost a year now. He's not near enough absent-minded to vote jwlk after the votal and Kalas' warning and claim to not have payed attention. There appears to be an ulterior motive to his actions. Currently, he is deflecting attention away from him, claiming little information can be gleamed from his lynching, but I still disagree.

Castiel was my vote after I rescinded from jwlk and people looked at me with suspicion and still very much do. Personally, judging from his reactions to the way the jwlk bandwagon went, and his current actions (pointing at me even before there was a soft lynch beginning on him, and after one had clearly begun), he strikes me as purporting to be town(claiming that if he is lynched, no reliable info is gained, and start looking hard at me) so he can try and stay alive. The scumminess is strong with this one.

Riley Poole, other than having an awesome name and an inane argument with Sesc, appears to be leaning Town as of this moment. He currently appears to be scumhunting rather forcefully and has yielded some solid(in my humble opinion) knowledge.

These are some of my thoughts at this moment. As you guys know by now, I am new, so take all of this with a grain of salt(as Kalas pointed out). Some of you have more information simply from the fact that you may know the playstyles of other players in addition to the concepts of the game. As for some pointing at me(*cough* Castiel *cough*), let's be honest, regardless of my being town or scum, I am new, so let's see how much enlightenment can be gained after my death as compared to some of the other individuals.

---------- Post automerged at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Also, unfortunately, this is the only post I'll be getting in before the Day ends, as I have to go to the Relay for Life event to co-captain my team and oversee proceedings. Just to ensure there is no confusion as to where I stand as of right now:

Maintain Vote: Castiel

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Fen: It could also be because people want to lynch Castiel and are reaching for any vaguely-townish sounding reason to join his wagon.

And by people I mean Bill. /eyes Bill

(well, and Riley - his reason for voting is just as bad)

Anyway, I don't know if Fen is scum, but the most interesting dynamic of D1 is the wagon and people's reactions to it, so that's where my vote is going. We can't properly analyze what was going on until we know his alignment.
    Vote: Fenraellis

Sorry, I didn't see your question until font pointed it out. I don't have strong feelings about Kalas at this point. Warning about L-2 is a town reaction, but as others have said, easy to fake. If Kalas were being smart scum, he would realize that jwlk being quicklynched that soon is unlikely - someone would have posted a warning if he hadn't - and decided to earn some easy town points by posting the warning himself. Or he might have just been town and genuinely wanting to warn people.

#86 is okay but not super meaningful yet. I could see Kalas as a third party because of his #127.

That's all I got for now. Ask me later once there's more information to work with.

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

ninja'd

People who have played with Fen before, is this accurate?

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I was going to say, not specifically as a defense, but... technically I've been a member of DLP, and heck, even played several Mafia games, including with some in this game, since before I met Kaemrynn.

I was kind of amused by his comment, quite honestly.

20. Riley

Read my full reasoning Rubicon. Any people have a response to my question regarding the Sesc/Stojil thing I noticed?