1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day over, phonepost - will edit when home.

2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hurry up ya lazy bastard.

3. Eidolonic

Day One Ends!

Red pineapples flit across the turquoise battlefield, as Hitler moonwalks on top of fractured trashcans.

The randomness gets to you, the players, and you lash out - and part of the colorful cascade is gone.

Unfortunately, it's a friendly ghost banished to nothingness forevermore.

Fenraellis has been lynched!

Fenraellis was Abraham Lincoln's Ghost.

He was the Town 1-shot Untargetable.

Votals!

Fenraellis (6): Sesc, Kalas, Fontisian, Castiel, Rubicon, Stojil
    Castiel (5): Jwlk, Kaemrynn, Moridin, Bill Door, Riley Poole

Abstaining (1): Fenraellis

Day Two Begins in 22.5 Hours!

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Filler for when day starts~~~

5. Eidolonic

Day Two Begins!

Candy duck sponges swirl in the fornicating hurricane.

Players awake to the randomness still existing in a malestrom of dizzying color.

But a thick coating of white covers the ground, slowly disappearing.

You sniff the air, perplexed... mashed potatoes?

Jwlk has died in the night!

Jwlk was a Potato.

He was Vanilla Town.

Livelist!

Bill Door
    Castiel
    Fontisian
    Kaemrynn
    Kalas
    Moridin
    Riley Poole
    Rubicon
    Sesc
    Uncle Stojil

With 10 alive, it is 6 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Day Two ends in 72 Hours!

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Potatooooo~

GL guise

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Wow. Does this scum-team not know the meaning of subtlety or is it very high on WINE?

jwlk dying paints Castiel and partially me in a bad light, but it's incredibly on the nose. More on the nose than Castiel and I voting pretty similarly on day 1, even. Sure, there's the possibility that scum didn't even think about that and that they just wanted to get rid of a dangerous player, but hey, paranoia is my default state of mind in mafia games, so I feel like everybody's out to get me.

Not sure about Castiel. On one hand this really feels like a framejob, on the other, he would have likely been the best lynch-target for today, already, at least in most people's eyes, so this could be an attempt at shaking things up and making us second-guess his scumminess.

Castiel: tell me all you can about Rubicon and Sesc.
    Kalas: tell me all you can about Moridin and Bill Door.
    Riley: tell me all you can about Kalas and Kaemrynn.

8. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Hmm. Jwlk seems like a strange choice, to be honest. As far as dangerous players go, there are more pressing targets (honestly, don't get a bloated head Stojil but every night you aren't knifed, poisoned, shot, strangled, clubbed, mutilated and thrown into a river is another mark of suspicion against you). He was somewhat on the town side of things in most players' estimates, so that's a possible reasoning, but again, there were others who would have been better options. Especially since he wasn't actually townfirmed or even close, and most of the opinions on him built on the original bandwagon against him, a perception that could easily have changed down the line.

I'd be wary about pushing estimates about who scum was trying to blame for Jwlk's death simply because as Stojil mentioned, the WINE involved is a little tricky to decipher.

As far as Castiel goes, as I said my vote was a pressure tactic more than anything. That said, his post 131 (especially contrasted with post 130 from the other major lynch candidate) really annoys me. Both the minimal scumlist (giving me the impression of someone who knows their views won't be taken all that seriously anyway if they die) and the random claim which is worthless considering roles reveal upon death (I might give him a pass on this one, since it's been a while since I at least have played one of those, but in conjunction with most other things, not so good).

Will get back with more in a bit.

As for Jwlk's role, I guess it's somewhat irrelevant now, since as a wise Latvian once said,

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Because my voting for someone else does not matter? Decision was to be made between me and Fen. I needed all the edge I could get to survive. I don't know why Fen refrained, I expected he would chime in at the end.

I forgot there was RR on death, it has been a long time since I played a game where this was the case. I was tired and about to sleep, I just thought 'is there anything I should say in case I am dead when I wake up' and that was what came to mind.

The fact that they are supportive of me makes me feel they are townies, which I suppose is also why you asked the question.

Let's see, Rubicon's posts seem fairly townish and he has given good reasons for his votes. (While the reasons for the first one might be debatable I suppose.)

Sesc's first post throws me off a little, I dunno why, gives of a scummy vibe. The next one (#76) I like, basically says everything I was thinking at that point, which is why I removed my vote from him.

Now, whatever other reasons may be Fen ultimately got lynched for bringing jwlk vote one step closer to a hard lynch.

I was targeted for bringing the vote to a soft lynch.

Soft Lynch is at 4. Hard at 7.

4th Vote: Me
    5th Vote: Kaemrynn
    6th vote: Fen

Why did Kaemrynn get ignored?

I don't get it, is soft lynch somehow more special the soft lynch + 1?

It is highly likely one of the three of us is scum. We know Fen wasn't it. I know I am not it. Which is why I keep thinking Kaemrynn is. I think the wagon on me was created to put him in the background.

Sesc sums it up very well:

But then again, jwlk was after me and he is town, so maybe there is another townie or two in there, I am not entirely sure yet.

Also, what exactly is Fen's role supposed to be? Google isn't helping.

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

He wasn't ignored, he was my preferred lynch target until we were forced to choose between you and Fen. Though i dislike him less for that vote and more for how he's played since then.

I'm guessing it was something like what I had in Mini Mafia #1, he would have survived the first night kill attempt against him. Either that or he was supposed to haunt some bitches.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

4 posts in more than 12 hours? No. Just no.

Vote: everyone who hasn't posted yet.

Bill, Eido says it wasn't just a night-kill, but any night-action targeting him that would have failed.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Good morning to you too Stojil.

Bill Door: What do you think of Moridin and Sesc?

Castiel: Why do you think the people on you are more likely to be scum than the people on Fen? I could understand the diverting the lynch from Kaemrynn argument if Fen were scum, but since he's town you've lost me. Give me two scum reads (other than Kaemrynn) with your reasoning?

Kaemrynn: A lot of your new player protection expires after Day 1. Tell me what you think of yesterday's bandwagons.

Anyway, Sesc's post near the end of the last day is interesting.
    Moridin responded to this, but I'd like to hear from everyone else. And where is Bill Door in this post? Shouldn't he be between Riley and Stojil?

13. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Hello, dear. 20 hours is a lot of beauty sleep. You must be a really gorgeous gal. :rolleyes:

Vote: Kalas

because he was lurking earlier.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It takes work to look this fantastic.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Alright.

T R A I N W R E C K.

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Given your vanilla townie claim, did you consider that you might be voting a PR?

---------- Post automerged at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

stojil's reason for voting Castiel was clear, at least.

17. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Fen got votes for a silly mistake (as we now know) of making a vote without checking where the total votes stood. But still, not everyone was ready to lynch him, next up as a lynch target was Kaemryn having made the vote before Fen, but jwlk had already voted against me, and Kaemrynn, if he is scum, did so as well.

My argument is that the lynch for me was created/supported in order to divert attention from Kaemrynn. See Bill's most recent post for example,

Fen already was under fire, scum did not have to bother with Fen's lynch at all.

If Kaemrynn is scum, which is the assumption I am working with right now, I'd say there is at least another scum among the people who had their votes on me at last day's end. jwlk is out. That leaves Stojil, Bill and Riley. I am going with Riley for now, mostly because Stojil and Bill are talking and gave some sort of a reason for voting against me.

Not sure what PR is?

---------- Post automerged at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

If PR is Power Role, then no I did not really consider that.

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Things I like:

They get discussion going.
    Bill putting some pressure on Castiel.
    Moridin (somewhat) pressuring Fen.

Things I don't like:
    Have a sense of pressuring easy targets.
    Bill's bland posts.
    How the Castiel voting record worked out.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

@Castiel: If it's a two person race between you and someone you consider town why not make the case for someone else? Best case we get a more informative lynch, worst case the lynch that was going to happen still happens. Either way its good for town.

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

While I agree with your best case, not so much with the worst.

Firstly, I would have preferred to lynch Kaemrynn, but see my case is built on the fact that I know I am town, the other townies don't know that and hence their surety of the scum!Kaemrynn scenario is lower than mine.

I did not vote for him because I knew that it was highly unlikely that that lynch would happen. When I went to sleep the votes on me and Fen were tied and I was voting for Fen whereas he had made no vote. If I voted for someone else, and Fen voted for me later on, I would have 2 more votes than him and would most likely have been lynched.

I will say it again, I thought Fen was town, but I knew I was town. Which is why when I was forced to decide between the two of us I preferred he die and not me.

Also,

Lynch Vote: Kaemrynn

To make it official.

20. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Bleh. No one wants to post. So what about that there bandwagons? We know all of Mafia voted for one of Castiel or Fenraellis. Who's it going to be?

You could possibly construct something where Stojil saved Castiel from getting lynched with his switch just before day's end. Another thought could be to lynch Castiel today, simply because if we knew his alignment, we could learn lots of useful stuff -- it's much easier to figure out Mafia if you know how they were playing (defending themselves, or just coasting along).

As a side note, rubicon, can you unvote before you revote? It makes keeping track of voting movements easier (also if everyone could use unvote and not something else).