1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Unvote

Vote: Riley Poole

because he was lurking earlier.

fontisian, Rubicon, Bill Door and Moridin: give me three scumreads.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Castiel: Look at this and tell me when Kaemrynn was in danger of being lynched. And you think Bill Door, a.k.a. the only person besides me to vote for Kaemrynn yesterday (and I never had any intention of leaving my vote on Kaemrynn), is potentially Kaemyrnn's teammate?

Day 1 Voting
    jwlk vote Kalas (1)
    Rubicon vote jwlk (1)
    Bill Door vote jwlk (2)
    fontisian vote Rubicon (1)
    Stojil vote jwlk (3)
    Castiel vote jwlk (4)
    Kaemrynn vote jwlk (5)
    Fenraellis vote jwlk (6)
    Stojil unvote jwlk (5)
    Castiel unvote jwlk (4)
    Stojil vote Fenraellis (1)
    Castiel vote Fenraellis (2)
    Fenraellis unvote jwlk (3)
    Rubicon unvote jwlk (2) vote Bill Door (1)
    Bill Door unvote jwlk (1) vote Kalas (2)
    fontisian unvote Rubicon (0) vote Kaemrynn (1)
    jwlk unvote Kalas (1) vote Castiel (1)
    Stojil unvote Fenraellis (1) vote Sesc (1)
    Castiel unvote Fenraellis (0) vote Sesc (2)
    Kaemrynn unvote jwlk (0) vote Castiel (2)
    fontisian unvote Kaemrynn (0)
    Sesc vote Fenraellis (1)
    Stojil unvote Sesc (1) vote Fenraellis (2)
    Riley Poole vote Sesc (2)
    Kalas vote Fenraellis (3)
    Bill Door unvote Kalas (0) vote Kaemrynn (1)
    fontisian vote Fenraellis (4)
    Castiel unvote Sesc (1)
    Moridin vote Castiel (3)
    Fenraellis vote Castiel (4)
    Castiel vote Fenraellis (5)
    Fenraellis unvote Castiel (3)
    Stojil unvote Fenraellis (4) vote Castiel (4)
    Riley Poole unvote Sesc (0)
    Bill Door unvote Kaemrynn (0) vote Castiel (5)
    Riley Poole vote Castiel (6)
    Rubicon vote Fenraellis (5)
    Stojil unvote Castiel (5) vote Fenraellis (6)

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

@ Stojil:

Kalas: made one more post since night end, mostly answering your question and asking Castiel a question.
    Kaemrynn: has yet to really post much of substance over the whole game, can't tell if its due to noobness or just general playstyle.

I want to see more from Kaemrynn right now so, Vote: Kaemrynn

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Moridin: Low post count, only Kaemrynn has lower. But he has said a lot in those posts, talking about stuff and poking at other people. I like what he's done so far, town in my eyes.

Sesc: Bleh. He's kinda talked a lot while not really saying anything. Not a big fan of his posts so far.

Kalas, Riley, Kaemrynn/Castiel

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

...that's a sucky and unsatisfactory answer, especially for what concerns your (lack of) opinion of Kalas.

6. fontisian

A question at last! I was starting to feel left out.

Castiel: His idea that people voted for him to protect Kaemrynn set off my bullshit meter, so I did that whole vote history. And what do you know, it was bullshit. I could however see Kaemrynn's vote on Castiel as an attempt to protect Sesc. The way his votes followed Stojil's is eerie. Even after Castiel was called out on it, there was just a larger time delay between his vote and Stojil's (though I doubt Stojil would ever let Castiel do this if they were a team).

Rubicon: This post:
    indicates that he is thinking about power roles, and not necessarily from the perspective of a power role. The way he waited until the very end of the day to make a meaningful vote on a confirmed towny is also concerning. That, and he answered one of my questions that addressed to another person, which is always irritating.

Kalas/Moridin: Kalas' lack of content, except for his one reads post, bothers me and I'm not satisfied with the way he answered Stojil's question today. I would like some elaboration on this in particular:
    I don't like the way Moridin supported Kalas in his first post, then immediatley backtracked when called out on it.

Stojil: Not really. I'm just throwing his name in here to remind people that he might be scum, because I know I forget sometimes.

Vote Castiel

I'm not really sure what to think of Kaemrynn.

Riley: I am questioning your ability to count.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I did not say he was in danger of being lynched because he had many votes, I said he would have been a good next choice after Fen. But that choice was never taken because I was brought in.

You tell me why a bandwagon was formed on me yesterday? I voted jwlk yes but Kaemrynn voted after me. When I pointed out to jwlk that he was suspicious of me and not Fen/Kaemrynn, (who voted after me) Kaemrynn immediately put a lynch vote on me. To me that seems like diverting attention.

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You notice Moridin backtracking from me but miss how he does it all yesterday? Just backs off after whatever question he asked got answered?

Moridin pressuring Fen, Bill pressuring Castiel (and me now that I think about it). Not exactly breaking new ground.

Read post 184. Tell me that's not the definition of a bland post.

Not voting together through the day, but ending up so their next to each other on the list. Just didn't sit right with me.

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Rubicon using "PR" instead of spelling out "power role" smells like someone who's had to type it many times already.

Can you clarify the bolded part?

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Watching my Spurs sweep the Lakers left a bittersweet taste in my mouth. (Sup jwlk? /trollface)

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

(enjoy your sweep against a team who lost literally all its back court to injuries. You sicken me. I hope Golden State sweeps your Spurs)

11. fontisian

I neither fully understood nor agreed with the run on you yesterday. However, I really don't like defensive way you reacted and the way you haven't even mentioned your voting record's similarities with Stojil's despite being called out on it.

Kaemrynn was never a good lynch target yesterday, because lynching people on their first day is not cool. And really, his vote on you was a diverting tactic? Who exactly does that implicate with Kaemrynn?

Hmm.
    Post 20: Pressure on Fen, Kaemrynn, Stojil and myself. Support for Kalas and jwlk.

Post 40: After Stojil critiques his reads, he continues to pressure on me while backtracking on Kalas.

Post 72: Backtracks some more on Kalas. Questions Stojil, Sesc, Rubicon, Kaemrynn, Castiel, Riley and jwlk.

Post 82: Pressure on Castiel.

Post 102: Lots of pressure on Castiel. Some pressure on Rubicon, jwlk and Kaemrynn.

Post 106: More pressure on Castiel. Defends Fen (sort of). Pressures Rubicon, Kaemrynn and me (sort of).

Post 123: Pressure on Fen and Castiel.

Post 125: Pressures Fen and Castiel, then backtracks on Castiel. More pressure on Kaemrynn.

Post 168: Pressure on Stojil. More pressure on Castiel.

Conclusion: Moridin backtracks on Kalas and does not follow up his questions of Sesc, Riley and jwlk. He puts fairly constant pressure on Kaemrynn and Castiel. His statements about Fen just sound confused. So, no Kalas, I don't think he backs off all the time and the way he gave up his earlier defense of you is noteworthy.

I didn't know potatoes had basketball loving ghosts.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Post 20 supports me for meh reasons, 40 backs away from me when called on it, post 72 asks a lot of questions to a bunch of people (also scumteams, not scumreads which I like less everytime I read it), post 82 pressures Castiel for a wordier response, post 102 votes Castiel due to no explanation of previous actions/tl;dr light Sesc poke, more call for posts. Also gave us this quote:

Which I found pretty funny. Post 106 not pressuring Castiel anymore, just wants him to make some posts to come back to in case he's lynched. Has concerns about the Fen lynch, calls more people to talk. Post 123 asks Fen for thoughts on players, calls Fen on a fairly legit blunder. Post 124 Fen gives a meh response. Post 125 Moridin doesn't pressure about it, just accepts it and moves on. In the same post then mentions Fen is the scummier one and wants a lynch on him. Calls for more people to talk. Post 168 rehashes Stojil's post, mild Castiel pressure.

---------- Post automerged at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

@fonti: Pointed questions are great, they just lose their sting when its in a wall of other questions by someone you won't see for another 10 hours.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

STOJIL! What changes when you combine posts 184 and 185?

13. fontisian

Agreed.

...I don't know?

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Absolutely nothing. Stojil was commenting on Riley's post, when he could just as easily have been commenting on Bill's. But he didn't. He's usually pretty good on calling people for shit like that.

15. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Castiel, for reasons I've already stated. I also don't like how he has been focusing exclusively on Kaemrynn, who (if he is town) is a newer player unable to defend himself nearly as well, and in the process drawing attention away from any other discussions we might have.

Castiel, at a time when it looked like you were going to be lynched, you made a tiny post with a two person scumlist. One of those has been townfirmed since, and the other has been the subject of pretty much all of your posts today. Do you really have nothing else?

Not to mention how you reacted to my pressure. Initially, you responded to my question with the answer that Sesc and I were looking scummy (and forced me to claw out a minor justification from the depths of hell). While you gave your reason for rescinding your Sesc vote, you didn't give one for backing off me. Nor did you put a vote on me, at a time when you were unhappy with the main bandwagon and in a perfect position to advocate a new one. You didn't state your Kaemrynn suspicions until much later. Not to mention how you completely skipped me over here. You said my playstyle was what initially led you to suspect me. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed it in the interim. If I didn't know better, I'd say we were scumbuddies. As it stands, it leaves me feeling a touch neglected unhappy at the way you seem to be avoiding coming back to me. Leaves me with the idea that you're picking the player you want to target for something other than the thought process you've documented in this thread.

Alternatively, the timing of your attack on Kaemrynn also meshes well with my earlier post about why I found your last post on Day 1 bad. Throwing out Kaemrynn's name and then being revealed as scum would have provided him with a much needed boost to stay alive, and then when you don't actually die you follow it up with some deliberately bad arguments for someone (here, Fontisian) to pick apart. At no point in the past couple of days has Kaemrynn actually been in serious danger of an impending lynch - there have always been better targets. This is a bit of a stretch, since it's somewhat dangerous now that others are beginning to look at him funny too, but it's a possibility.

Kaemrynn. He, as people say, hasn't said much. Unfortunately, there's no real way of knowing if this is because he's a new player afraid to speak up because he doesn't know mafia that well or if it's because he's a new player afraid to speak up because he doesn't know mafia that well and could give away his position as scum (and his teammates with it). In his (all too short) list, he mentions providing information/knowledge thrice, I'm not sure quite what he means by that. Seems somewhat vague, when I think a newer player should actually be more able to pick up specifics, even if they aren't actually able to tie them together into something more concrete. Could be a hint at an assisted readwall, which would also explain the delay before posting it.

Kaemrynn, if you could elaborate on that point? And while you're at it, expand your readlist to include everyone else, and update it to account for Fenraellis' and Jwlk's deaths and subsequent reveals as town, and the events of yesterday and today since your post.

Rubicon still hasn't answered my question to my satisfaction, and unfortunately I got sidetracked by a focus on Castiel and forgot to follow up on it. Anyway, Rubicon, there's more to go on now. Thoughts on Kalas and others?

Rubicon, want to follow up on this?

I have more issues with Rubicon, and probably another question, but I really have to run now so I'll post this much and return to the issue once I'm back.

---------- Post automerged at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I also didn't like how Rubicon was basically sort of defending Castiel in Day 1. He has a point about Riley's vote, but I don't see his issue with Bill Door's vote, since it came after posts 130 and 131, which definitely gave good grounds for lynching Castiel. Post 138 in general just seems like it's built to divert attention towards Fenraellis and away from Castiel. It also contains Rubicon asking if Kaemrynn's analysis of Fenraellis is accurate. That's fine, it's a meta read that needs to be verified, but Kaemrynn's view on Castiel was equally interesting, especially given how close Castiel was to lynch at the time.

Posts 152 and 155 are actually okay, since not hammering gives scum Fenraellis the chance to deadlock the lynch, but in combination with 138 I can't help wondering if it isn't a little more than that.

Rubicon, your views on Castiel now?

16. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So it's been what, a day and a half and no word from Kaemrynn?

I'd vote to get him to talk but I don't think it would make much of a difference.

So Vote: Rubicon. You've made one post today and that really doesn't count as one. What are your thoughts on Stojil and Riley?

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Hush, you. You're as dead as the Lakers. Also, you still had Goudelock the D-league MVP, so I don't know what you're complaining about. :rolleyes:

There's a key difference. Bill actually expressed his opinion about his reads:

while Riley didn't say anything. His "read" of you amounted to "he made one post lately, answering and asking a question". His read of Kaemrynn is inconclusive, although he at least voted for him which is good in a way (and bad in another):

Can't you see the difference? Or did you see it, but decided to help your teammate out and/or doubt-cast me like with your night-kill?

Anyway, you missed post #189, Kalas.

As for Moridin:

This smells very fishy.

KAEMRYNN

Also Eido. Mostly so the countdown link can remind everyone how much we're sucking today, but a vote-count wouldn't hurt. Votes wouldn't hurt, either.

18. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It was actually Kalas and Fontisian discussing how I back off after getting my questions answered that made me go back and look, which is how I caught that.

Vote: Castiel

Hoping you can respond to what I've said so far. Why did you consider Jwlk to be scum late yesterday? Why not vote for me? Who else are you uncomfortable with so far, and why?

19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Hey guys, sorry for shitty posting activity but at the time I started writing my post, I was about two minutes away from a phone call that would inform me that my sister was in labor with her second child, I spat something out that seemed coherent and have been waiting ever since. Let me tell you, that little thing was a bitch to push out according to her.

Anyway, enough about my life. Back to Mafia,

I note Kaemrynn still has not posted much.

Stojil was not night killed, either scum were too scared to lynch him so quick or he is scum.

Same with Sesc.

Kalas is playing pretty hard on Castiel now, whom it seems is everyone's favorite target right now.

Castiel is writing a lot but saying very little it seems, most of his posting however is defensive in nature in my opinion, either he has not had time to creative a successful attack strategy or he's simply his usual derpy as fuck town and is too busy trying not to be lynched.

BillDoor seems unusually quiet and his scum team has no explanation involved. Either he's tired and not playing normally or he's trying to slip under the radar, I'm inclined to the second since I can see him lurking. If he posts before me though, we'll see what reactions occur.

Fontisian is saying a good amount this day and a lot of it seems pro-town, but I can't recall playing with her before this so my meta read would be way off.

Moridin has put up a lot and asked some decent questions of Castiel which could lead to some clarity in that area.

As for you Stojil. I had no idea what the hell doubt-casting was until I looked it up and I can say that that's not at all what happened and I assure you I'm not working with either Kalas or Kaemrynn. As I look back I do notice what I missed and it seems glaringly obvious now but what can I say I made an error, I'm only human.

That said, I'm keeping my vote on Kaem because even if they don't respond to the pressure, removing dead weight is sometimes the only option and while I hate to think like this, I'd rather be sure of their allegiance to town than wondering throughout the whole game if they're town or not. If they couldn't continue playing they should have contacted Eido by now, the fact that they haven't speaks volumes.

---------- Post automerged at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I realized I skipped over Kalas, who seems to be having a heated argument with Castiel, is he pushing a lynch because he believes it's right for town or try and start a bandwagon on Castiel? I'm not sure, someone with better Mafia skills than me might be able to discern the motives at work here.

---------- Post automerged at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Annnnnd I missed Rubicon too, shit. He's posted literally nothing of real importance almost the entirety of day 2 so far. What's going on there.

Stojil: What is the scummiest thing I've done so far in your opinion. And I mean truly scummy, not just happenstance.

Sesc: Am I still scummy to you now?

Rubicon: Say more man, what's your read on everything that's happened?

Kaemrynn: You got some explaining to do. Why so quiet?

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

There are many others, but the scummiest?

You think someone is town and you'd pick him as your lynch... in case you're wrong?