1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

This is all sorts of fuck. I HATE when this gets dropped on me with three damn minutes remaining. No one can possibly react that way.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

UNVOTE NOW

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

AND VOTE CASTIEL SO THERE'S A LYNCH

---------- Post automerged at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

seriously, if I'm lying someone will CC tomorrow

but I can get one more protect in

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Vote Castiel

4. Rubicon

god damn it

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Fuck this shit, by the way.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Rubicon: I hate you.

And if Castiel is Town, which I suspect he is, I will lynch your sorry ass tomorrow.

Unvote

Vote: Castiel

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Two Ends!

Burgandy kleenex swirl through the demon-infested playpen, as dolphins crabwalk the night away.

The random elements swirl and close in upon you as the deadline approaches, and you lash out against it frantically, hoping to make a dent in it, but to no avail.

No one has been lynched!

Votals!

Rubicon (4): Moridin, Kalas, Riley Poole, Sesc
    Castiel (4): Fontisian, Bill Door, Rubicon, Uncle Stojil
    Kaemryn (1): Castiel

Abstaining: (1) Kaemrynn

With 10 people remaining, it is 6 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch

Mod note: I was watching the timer closely and spamming refresh. Sesc's vote was a touch too late.

Day Three Begins in 24 Hours!

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Filler Filler Filler ~

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Three Begins!

Popcorn daffodil walnuts triapse across the delicate seagull.

A new day dawns, and the world closes in upon you once more. The thick, pulsing wave of colors and smells all but overwhelms you. An explosion occurs, and you find yourselves coated in a tan, fragrant...

...is that peanut butter?

Uncle Stojil has died in the night!

Uncle Stojil was a Peanut Butter.

He was a Town Mason.

Livelist!

Bill Door
    Castiel
    Fontisian
    Kaemrynn Typhon
    Kalas
    Moridin
    Riley Poole
    Rubicon
    Sesc

With 9 alive, it is 5 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Day Three ends in 73 Hours!

10. Rubicon

well.
    I protected Sesc. Maybe not my best idea ever.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vote:Rubicon

What's your excuse?

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Ninja'd to the extreme

Unvote, for now

12. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

We're going to have to treat any Mason claims very carefully now since Stojil did not tell us anything regarding his "partner"

---------- Post automerged at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Also: Vote Castiel because I said I was going to today.

13. Koalas

High Score:
    Unvote:Rubicon

Ninja'd.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Day 1 voting
    jwlk vote Kalas (1)
    Rubicon vote jwlk (1)
    Bill Door vote jwlk (2)
    fontisian vote Rubicon (1)
    Stojil vote jwlk (3)
    Castiel vote jwlk (4)
    Kaemrynn vote jwlk (5)
    Fenraellis vote jwlk (6)
    Stojil unvote jwlk (5)
    Castiel unvote jwlk (4)
    Stojil vote Fenraellis (1)
    Castiel vote Fenraellis (2)
    Fenraellis unvote jwlk (3)
    Rubicon unvote jwlk (2) vote Bill Door (1)
    Bill Door unvote jwlk (1) vote Kalas (2)
    fontisian unvote Rubicon (0) vote Kaemrynn (1)
    jwlk unvote Kalas (1) vote Castiel (1)
    Stojil unvote Fenraellis (1) vote Sesc (1)
    Castiel unvote Fenraellis (0) vote Sesc (2)
    Kaemrynn unvote jwlk (0) vote Castiel (2)
    fontisian unvote Kaemrynn (0)
    Sesc vote Fenraellis (1)
    Stojil unvote Sesc (1) vote Fenraellis (2)
    Riley Poole vote Sesc (2)
    Kalas vote Fenraellis (3)
    Bill Door unvote Kalas (0) vote Kaemrynn (1)
    fontisian vote Fenraellis (4)
    Castiel unvote Sesc (1)
    Moridin vote Castiel (3)
    Fenraellis vote Castiel (4)
    Castiel vote Fenraellis (5)
    Fenraellis unvote Castiel (3)
    Stojil unvote Fenraellis (4) vote Castiel (4)
    Riley Poole unvote Sesc (0)
    Bill Door unvote Kaemrynn (0) vote Castiel (5)
    Riley Poole vote Castiel (6)
    Rubicon vote Fenraellis (5)
    Stojil unvote Castiel (5) vote Fenraellis (6)[/QUOTE]

Day 2 voting
    Castiel vote Kaemrynn (1)
    Stojil vote Riley (1)
    fontisian vote Castiel (1)
    Bill Door vote Rubicon (1)
    Moridin vote Castiel (2)
    Stojil unvote Riley (1) vote Rubicon (2)
    Kalas vote Stojil (1)
    Sesc vote Rubicon (3)
    Moridin unvote Castiel (1) vote Rubicon (4)
    Sesc unvote Rubicon (3) vote Castiel (2)
    Bill Door unvote Rubicon (2) vote Castiel (3)
    Kalas unvote Stojil (0) vote Rubicon (3)
    Riley vote Rubicon (4)
    Sesc unvote Castiel (2) vote Rubicon (5)
    Rubicon vote Castiel (3)
    Stojil unvote Rubicon (4)
    Stojil vote Castiel (4)
    Sesc attempted unvote Rubicon (3) vote Castiel (5)

---------- Post automerged at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

I'm wondering why Rubicon isn't dead if he is indeed the doctor. Presumably, he can't self target so it seems like scum would want to ensure that their kill goes through by killing him.

Stojil: Why would you switch at the very last minute? Give us some time to react man.

We can look at Stojil's votes and who he chose to pressure. Even if scum claims mason, the actual mason should just counterclaim. It might actually be a good idea for the other mason to come forward now so we can townfirm at least one person.

Really? No thoughts on yesterday's shenanigans?

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Well, isn't this a peachy time to waltz in as another newish player, replacing a guy that admittedly made some shady posts and lurked a lot? All I ask is a bit of time to prove that I will be of utility to you; regardless of how my predecessor played it and how you felt about him, I think I can be of use and help secure a town win.

That said, I am playing catch-up to the tune of 270ish posts, so I could missing something. Or over analyzing little things. Bah, that kind of speculation from me is worthless, and I know it, so I'll just dive in to what I have so far, and we can see what happens:

Riley and Castiel - In no way am I discounting them as scum (or linking them, for that matter; I just grouped them because they're in the same place on my "scumdar"); I actually have Castiel marked in my notes as "kill him with fire" circa post 200 (a bit before, but close)... But it just doesn't seem to fit anymore. I won't drop Castiel off my list, but the whole "woe is me, it'll be better for the town if I was dead" thing seems more dumb town than scum, and, after a bit of digging, does have a bit of a precedent as dumb town. With that said, unless he's been intentionally derping to set up a masterstroke for ages (which is entirely possible, if unlikely), he's on level in my mind.

Riley is somewhat similar: I disagree with several of his judgement and statements, and others still have simply been ridiculous (to me, at least). I won't say anybody is too stupid to be scum again; I get to look that particular quote in the eye every time Kalas posts. Still, he goes on the back burner of my scum list for now as well.

Having mentioned Kalas, I guess that's the best place to go next. I had serious suspicions about him early in my read through, but he's cleaned up his game towards the end of the thread. Ignoring my initial suspicions helped cost us Dresden (the only game I've ever played) though, and it's a lesson that, hopefully, I've learned well. So yeah, still firmly on the scum side of neutral, but less so than before.

Let's see... Mordin. Mordin gets a paragraph too, I think. If Stojil had lived, I'd have come after you with a vengeance for laying some ground work with "every day Stojil survives is a mark against him". That could have ended messily for the town. He did die, though, and I that takes a /bit/ of heat off of you in my mind. I /am/ wary of you, though. We think similarly enough that I tend to agree with what you are saying, and that's a dangerous trap. Additionally, I felt like there was something significant about how vehemently you reacted to Rubicon's meta-reads, considering he was a part of the Dresden game where you were the White King. Maybe that's just overly paranoid, but your posting style /is/ similar, especially towards the beginning of this game. Conclusion? Not the worst on my least, but still being watched.

Rubicon assuming no one counterclaim, (and if the real doctor is out there and isn't counterclaiming, I /will/ cunt punt you), I'm actually inclined to accept as being on level. It is /immensely/ unfortunate how things unfolded, but I'd have probably played doctor the same way, honestly. Well, I'd have probably protected Stojil, but that's neither here nor there now I guess. Now that his role is out, though, I'd like to see a bit more constructive activity from him.

Fontisian might just be my only real town read left. Damn. I've liked her posts all the way through, honestly, and I think she's done well for us. Still being watched because everybody is a suspect in this sort of thing, but presuming something doesn't really pop out as wrong, I think she gets a pass.

Sesc has been (or was earlier; admittedly I spent less time on analysis of the late game because I was running out of time) terrifically neutral. Not to be the bastard that links everything to the one game of Mafia I've ever played, but I smell something like another Marcone situation. Barring that, I don't particularly like his production for the town. If forced to give him a label between scum or not, I would say he strikes me as a bit scummy with further question marks.

And Bill Door. I don't really have the long standing experience that others have with you, but you seem a bit off in several of your posts. Further, I /hated/ what you did with regarding Rubicon: the pressure you applied, only to be snatched away with an answer almost universally regarded as unsatisfactory... That bugged me. If Rubicon gets counterclaimed and is scum, I'll be inclined to kill you with fire. As it stands, you are still near the top of my scum list.

So, tl;dr?

I'm a suspicious bastard. What do you guys have?

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Town I guess Stojil. Sorry about that. Mason kind of makes sense for what was tweaking me.

Thoughts: Scum were likely provided fake role claims. That's something we can't forget. I'm not saying one way or the other... but Sesc? Really?

If scum have a team of 4 this is the deciding day. Scum team of 3 (more likely) gives us one free day.

Mason should probably claim and get whatever discussion/conclusions you and Stojil had on the thread.

Depending on their results, and if we have one, cop should look into revealing as well.

Use your judgement but best case scenario we could have all scum figured out today.

---------- Post automerged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Please don't reveal till we've discussed ps.

17. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Given who the most discussion generating players were, no, Sesc shouldn't have been near the top of your list. Stojil, Fontisian, Kalas. I even mentioned early yesterday how Stojil is a high profile target. If you had chosen to WINE and protect one of the others I mentioned, I would have understood. As it is, I don't get protecting Sesc. What's your reasoning there? Genuinely curious.

What did you say yesterday?

Firstly, I didn't see it yesterday, but what about if Rubicon is scum? Who do we go for then? If it's still Castiel, why make the distinction?

Also, your vote implies that you believe Rubicon's claim. Why?

Scum could leave him alive given he's one of the likelier candidates for a lynch. Makes no sense to waste a nightkill when they can go for a power player.

Somewhere in the middle of Day 2 I made a post articulating my issues with Castiel. Any thoughts wrt the problems I raised there? Because while his 'let's kill me' thing does have precedent, it is also a stupid plan that people are less likely to follow if they think that's the primary justification. What's your read on him outside that suicidal tendency?

I'd appreciate the paragraph if it was talking about Moridin. Moridin. It's Moridin.

Rubicon's meta read wasn't against me, it was against Riley. In addition, it was one of the worst - 'he doesn't feel like scum'. He somewhat justified it in a later post, which was better. Also, the meta read on me you mentioned was made by Castiel, and if you look back you'll see I accepted it, because I know my game is similar to the previous one. I've made a concerted effort in that direction, because previously I tended to lurk and post minimally, and I wanted to stop that. As such, it's a valid read (as I mentioned, there are exceptions), which has an actual basis for suspicion. Many, if not most, meta reads are harder to justify beyond 'gut feeling', and as such are useful as refuges for scum to doubtcast townies.

I was going to disagree wrt the real doctor claiming, but honestly, with 9 players and an assumed 3 man scum team, we need the information. Then I read Kalas' post, and honestly it's better for the cop to reveal with two checks (one being Rubicon) than it is for the doctor to reveal.

Scum team of 4 with 12 players seems a bit too overpowered. If we had lynched wrong yesterday, wouldn't the game be over? 4 of 8, it would be. Two mislynches seems awfully short a game.

Any cop worth their salt checked Rubicon, so maybe the doctor should hold off revealing until the cop does. Would save us an unnecessary reveal. I agree, the information the Mason gives us could be very useful now that we know Stojil is town.

As for everything else... I really don't want to believe Rubicon's claim. It's too convenient and scum are usually given plausible fake claims for just such an occasion. Post #252 was okay, though I'm still looking for justifications for the reads now that he isn't dead.

Typhon - given my half baked theory about Castiel/Kaemrynn/Rubicon I'm not particularly happy that he's soft defending the two others in that equation. Granted, Rubicon's validity will likely be proven or disproven today, but his Castiel reasoning is suspect. I'd like to hear more from him on that, but the readwall with decent reasoning allays a lot of my suspicions at this point.

That said, there's someone else who shouldn't be forgotten. Castiel, come on out and play. I am honestly curious about why, after your whole spiel about killing yourself for information, you didn't vote for yourself. Granted, you couldn't have known that the lynch would deadlock, of course, but if you want to see someone lynched the accepted practice is to, you know, vote for them. Even if the someone is yourself. This is the primary reason I think you are scum rather than derping town. It reads like you wanted others to think you were simply being an idiot, but didn't want to actually risk a lynch.

This is getting somewhat close, and we need a mislynch like we need an aperture in the cranial cavity. If you are town, get in here and prove it RIGHT NOW.

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Sorry about this guys but I am going to need a replacement too. RL has gotten busier than I expected. I would have had myself replaced day 2 but I fully expected to get lynched so I did not bother. Seeing as that did not happen and since I don't have enough time for the game right now I have asked Eido to replace me.

Good luck with the game.

19. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Damn. So two of my top scumpicks are getting replaced, and the third's claimed doctor. Not sure how to move forward with this now.

I might consider lynching Castiel instead of replacing him, but that runs the risk of killing a townie who set off warning bells due to inactivity and inattention rather than being scum.

Rubicon is still at the top of my list, though.

Let's wait for any reveals, I suppose. If none are forthcoming past the 48 hour deadline then I'll trawl the thread looking for anything else.

20. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I don't think that Castiel being replaced is really the same situation as it was with Kaemrynn. Castiel has been active enough over the course of the game that we wouldn't be lynching him just for not saying anything. I don't think anyone was thinking of lynching him for inactivity.