1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@Moridin:
    The answer probably won't satisfy you, but he just doesn't feel like Mafia. I've been pretty good a picking up when Castiel's playing for Mafia -- it was the the way the posts were worded, the reactions to things -- and additionally, there were slips in his game. Right here, I felt nothing, with the exception of one post (#177, I think it was). So either Castiel suddenly changed dramatically since his last game, or he's a simple Vanilla Town, as he said.

#195 is about a lot of issues, anything in particular you want my comment on?

Also. If Eido's post at the start of the day is right, we have about an hour left, don't we? About the extension I haven't heard anything. So where are the votes?

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Isn't there like 24 hours left?

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Bill's right, we have about a day left. Eido was talking about replacing Castiel if we don't lynch him by the end of our 72 hour "Day".

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Right, my bad. Apparently, I can't count to three :facepalm

Votals:
    Rubicon: 1 (Sesc)
    Castiel: 2 (BillDoor, Moridin)
    BillDoor: 1 (Kalas)
    Sesc: 1 (Typhon)

Also, sorry if I was too harsh, Typhon, but the way your vote is worded annoys me.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Unvote: Sesc

Vote: Bill Door

Reasoning, analysis, etc. is coming, but it's time to start pareing down the number of vote getters. This is a phone post, so forgive the briefness, please. Moridin, Castiel impressions will be included in the next post. I swear.

Sesc, I was kinda attempting to provoke a post; I probably deserved it. We're cool

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

WALLPOST :nyan:

Yeah, it's a bit irritating in retrospect, but... I didn't put a whole lot of effort into the decision to protect Sesc. I submitted the protect as a matter of principle, just in case - but I thought I was 100% going to be the kill so it wouldn't matter. The gist of my 60 second thought process was, they wouldn't kill Uncle Stojil after I'd already said I'd protected him, and they seemed to be picking unusual / stronger players as targets based on the whole jwlk thing. So I picked Sesc.

Again, not my best idea ever, and obviously it would have been wiser to protect someone off your list (not Kalas, though - where's that coming from?), but I didn't. I'll do better tonight, I promise.

ANYWAY - I've been banging my head against this mystery of why I didn't die, and why scum would take the risk of targetting Uncle Stojil with me alive. I thought of two possibilities:

(1) Scum is derp as hell and got reeeeaaaaallly lucky that I was also derp on this particular night.

(2) Scum has a way to neutralize my power without killing me. Maybe a roleblocker or strongman. Which would suck, but is probably more likely than (1).

Since this line of reasoning concludes with you voting me, the "no mafia pushing for the lynch of the doctor" argument is questionable at best.

And you really are speculating that there isn't a doctor in this game? Isn't that like, Setup Balance 101.

I agree with this, at least. Bill Door is scum and should be lynched today. In addition to all the stuff I've mentioned before, post 256 is some bullshit.

- 60 seconds after my claim, minutes from a lynch, he's not even stopping to consider the implications if I'm telling the truth.

- His vote was on Castiel, because (according to him, today) he didn't think I'd done anything suspicious, but Castiel had, and he just wanted me to post more. So I make probably my longest post of the game, and claim town doctor, and suddenly I am suspicious? No.

- His stated reason for not trusting my claim is that it "seemed desperate". Of course, I was desperate, I had 10 minutes to get out of a lynch, and it's not like me not claiming would have been a good idea - so this is a nonsense reason anyway. But from a player Bill apparently did not find scummy, my claim should not have caused this reaction at that point.

Part of me can't help but wonder if Bill Door knew I was the doctor somehow. That's just wild guessing in a closed setup, but still.

I disagree. I've seen scum self-vote and "woe is me" and even replace out a few times before, either because they simply lose hope in the game, or as a tactic to create exactly the impression you're talking about here. Enough that I think it's null at best, and you have to look at the rest of the person's play -- and their interactions with other players --to pin down their alignment.

I agree with this.

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

oh and Vote: Bill Door

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Prophylaxis replaces Castiel.

Day Three is extended 24 hours as a result!

New Deadline - TIMER.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay. I'm alive again, after 40+ hours without sleep. Giant-ass post incoming; give me just a minute.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Checking in.

I'll have a real post soon.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Moridin: If Rubicon is scum, Castiel and Sesc are probably his teammates. I'll do a tl:dr on it soon.

I'll vote: Prophylaxis to keep it even for now.

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Caught up.

Prophylaxis

Uncle Stojil
    Jwlk
    Fenraellis
    Typhon
    Rubicon
    Fontisian
    Kalas
    Sesc
    Moridin
    Riley Poole
    Bill Door

Bill Door's "am I doing it right" reeks of scum mindset. Could be reading way into it, though.
    Oh, and he hops on the jwik bandwagon. Yeah, if there's one scum on that early bandwagon, then Bill Door's it.

Moridin looooves to post big posts that I grind the axe to read.

Bill Door's #33 is awful.

Riley Poole reads scummy by gut to me.

I like Kalas's analysis posts.

Uncle's 99, if Kalas is town then Riley is probable scum.

Grr, #109 Riley fearmongering

Kalas #127 brings up a neutral, which is very scummy in my meta but judging by the contents of the other two mafias here, probably not a tell

Ew, Castiel's posts are egregious

Bill Door: Nice fencesit on me 142.

I have a bad gut feeling about Moridin.

Vote Bill Door

He's been my most consistent scumread so far. If there's one scum on that early jwik bandwagon then it has to be him. His posting also doesn't inspire me, as well.

Next up, I'll try some vote analysis. Should be informative with three dead bodies and a confirmed mason.

---------- Post automerged at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Castiel (2): Jwlk, Kaemrynn
    Sesc (2): Stojil, Castiel
    Bill Door (1): Rubicon
    Kalas (1): Bill Door
    Fenraellis (1): Sesc

Fenraellis (4): Sesc, Stojil, Kalas, Fontisian
    Sesc (1): Castiel
    Kaemrynn (1): Bill Door

Fenraellis (5): Sesc, Stojil, Kalas, Fontisian, Castiel
    Castiel (3): Jwlk, Kaemrynn, Moridin
    Sesc (1): Riley Poole

Abstaining (1): Fenraellis

Fenraellis (6): Sesc, Kalas, Fontisian, Castiel, Rubicon, Stojil
    Castiel (5): Jwlk, Kaemrynn, Moridin, Bill DoorRiley Poole

Kaemrynn (1): Castiel
    Castiel (3): Fontisian, Sesc, Biil Door
    Rubicon (2): Uncle Stojil, Moridin
    Stojil (1): Kalas

Rubicon (4): Moridin, Kalas, Riley Poole, Sesc
    Castiel (4): Fontisian, Bill Door, Rubicon, Uncle Stojil
    Kaemryn (1): Castiel

Abstaining: (1) Kaemrynn

Rubicon: 1 (Sesc)
    Castiel: 2 (BillDoor, Moridin)
    BillDoor: 1 (Kalas)
    Sesc: 1 (Typhon)

---------- Post automerged at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Ugh, messed up vote counts. Stojil should be violet.

Sesc (2): Stojil, Castiel
    Kalas (1): Bill Door
    Fenraellis (1): Sesc

Fenraellis (4): Sesc, Stojil, Kalas, Fontisian
    Sesc (1): Castiel

Fenraellis (5): Sesc, Stojil, Kalas, Fontisian, Castiel
    Castiel (3): Jwlk, Kaemrynn, Moridin
    Sesc (1): Riley Poole

Kaemrynn (1): Castiel
    Castiel (3): Fontisian, Sesc, Biil Door
    Rubicon (2): Uncle Stojil, Moridin
    Stojil (1): Kalas

Abstaining: (1) Kaemrynn

12. fontisian

Ugh, don't make me look up all of those posts. Can you quote them and point out the precise words that you find scummy along with your reasoning?

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sure. Not a huge fan of quotes myself, as too many of them just produces a huge wall which I despise.

Don't know if this is some RVS joke or not, but I'm taking it at face value. "Am I doing it right" is indicative of a scum mindset.

Then we go to the jwik bandwagon.

-Rubicon claims doc, and he was the first one on.
    -Bill Door follows on with a RVS-ish reason.
    Uncle and Castiel hop on. I'm town. Uncle's flipped.

I can see Kaemrynn hopping on because Uncle did. Besides, Typhon's confirmed town.

Fenraelis flipped.

Simple POE.

Immediately unvotes and votes Kalas for.. what? I also don't like his reason. Smells like backpedal to me.

I'm town and Fen flipped. Kalas is null right now but I could go after him if Riley flips town.

Fearmongering, plain and simple. If Riley flips scum, Sesc instantly becomes more town. Their interactions are too genuine.

How does your meta handle stuff like this? In my home turf it's super scummy because mafia are more worried about neutrals, but it looks like your meta has stuff like this all the time.

Mindset inconsistency. Scum are like "Eh, the two people that everyone is pushing against are town, but I'm OK with lynching them." Town would find more scummy people.

---------- Post automerged at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Vote analysis incoming.

It feels strange that my scumspects are pushing a counterwagon.

I tend to view lynch leaders as town more often than not, so Sesc gets very slight leaning town.

If there's scum on that wagon then Kalas is it, but I'm not comfortable pursuing that read now. I want scum bodies first.

And here we go.

Still can't believe a no lynch happened. In my meta no lynch is the surest sign of town losing, but then again, we have much longer days (weeks sometimes months) so no lynching is probably more prevalent in this meta.

I'm town and pretty sure Rubicon is too.

Eh, not much happening here. I would appreciate having scum bodies, and if I'm correct, scum are in both of the wagons (Riley and Bill).

Still want to lynch Bill today, with Riley flipping tomorrow to clear up my read on Sesc.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh, I'm at L-2?

Not sure if Castiel claimed this or not, but I'm Pink Platypus, a vanilla. The role PM says I'm fabulous.

I want Bill to claim, too.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Claiming is pointless honestly. Eid always provides scum believable fake claims so that town cant break the game through mass claiming.

Personally I was trying to see if Sesc had been getting similar feelings as me but.. eh. I can see how it'd be considered scummy.

The no lynch was a result of such a very late reveal by Rubicon and Sesc just missing deadline by like 7 seconds.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Well, it appears my hour of F5ing has paid off.

Mmm, I just wanted to avoid a situation like Fen not claiming and lynching the town untargetable.

@Everyone: Who do you Want to Lynch toDay and Why?

---------- Post automerged at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Also if Bill flips scum then you're pushed to ++town, so probably going to have to question my read on Sesc and fontisian.

16. fontisian

Thank you.
    I'm pretty sure that was a joke about Eido's flavor. The process of elimanation stuff makes sense, though it assumes that there were mafia on that bandwagon (and that you aren't mafia).

... In what way is that a backpedal?

I was very worried about a third faction in Mini Mafia 2 as a townie. I tend to view these things as null.

This is actually the main thing that bothers me about Bill Door. Normally by day three he would be putting some pressure on his main suspects, but he seems to be playing far more conservatively than normal.

Why do your reads on Kalas and Sesc depend on Riley's flip?

As for your lynch question, I'm pretty happy that you and Bill Door are both close to a lynch.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@fontisian:

I don't deny that Castiel was scummy. Heck, if I was playing I would have called for a Castiel lynch too (especially with that idiotic 110)

But here I am, having replaced Castiel.

And y'know what? His role PM ain't mafia.

I read Bill's post as "Hey, I need to get off this toxic wagon now, oh look here's Kalas!" Not necessarily backpedaling, heh. Don't know why I thought that.

My read on Sesc, not Kalas, depend on Riley's flip. Sesc and Riley is an unaligned pair. They can be town/town, mafia/town, town/mafia, but I doubt they would flip mafia/mafia. Their interactions are too genuine.

So if one would flip scum, the other is confirmed town in my book.

18. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You.

You haven't really said anything to convince me you aren't scum. Your giant posts basically boil down to jumping on the only bandwagon other than yourself.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Strawman.

Confirm Vote

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

On Phone, will post more later now that we have an extension. For now, just want to say this is arguably the scummiest thing to happen in this game. As we all know, that really is saying something.