1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Forget LoLReplay. It's buggy, it temperamental and it breaks every single patch. Riot have their own built-in replay system on the PBE right now and it shouldn't be too much longer until it goes live.

You really should get a mouse though.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I just got out of my promotional matches.
    First one we completely dominated. The only one who died was the support (me) and only in 1 for 3 exchanges.
    Second one had a terrible start, but seemed to be picking up. I was support Alistar against a blitz/cait combo. I have to admit I played like a retard this game. Top, mid and bot were all lost in lane phase. Our Vayne entered god!mode and carried us to late game, but a series of bad decisions and wrong positioning caused us to lose.

Third game was a fucking disaster. I was support once again, and my miss fortune was fucking retarded. She went ahead of our minions to farm, ate all the damage of their cait/sona, and only then did she turn to fight. And die. Gave first blood, a bunch of kills, and then went afk at about 18 mins.
    Meanwhile our mid khazix was afk on and off since minute 9. The game was 3v5 for most of its duration. Our jax top entered godmode and tried to carry us, but with two lost inhibs we couldnt push anytime we aced them or almost aced them. Lost, again.
    Meh. There's always next time.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  3. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Oh, really? I heard rumors that Riot was going to be releasing an in-client replay system, but I thought they were just rumors. If its already on the PBE, I'll hold off on reinstalling Windows. Space would be a little cramped with three OS partitions anyway.

And yes, I'm definetely getting a mouse. Right now I'm considering getting the Razer Naga Hex and Razer Omega mousepad. I did some research and those two products seem to be a good buy for the amount of money I'm willing to pay (Roughly $80).

I wanted to ask you guys if I really need to buy a gaming mousepad. I do have an old rubber mousepad sitting around and I'm not sure if the Razer one is worth the money...

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

It's on the PBE but they did say they're going to be testing it for a long time until they release it.

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

That promo match was incredible! ... In that it was terrible for us.

People ruining ranked experience for everyone, there needs to be a new report option, preferably in the champion select screen or something.

We had Janna mid (eh, I'll take it), Jayce & Leona - Our 4th pick locks in Lux claiming he'll top, blames Janna for mid and forces Jayce to jungle so... We got stomped, naturally. Janna & Lux blame everyone else whilst getting stomped in their lanes with no wards. I just went afk after we lost 6 towers and talked to the other team - very friendly people, got +5 honorable for it so, terrible game to start my 2nd Gold promo series but, damn.

Jayce claimed he was Plat V too, so, if he is... He must suck in Plat to be getting matched with low gold/high silver =\.

Edit; And that's 0-2 down in my gold promo. Our jungler goes bot when I have Baron fully warded up & their team is everywhere, they then group & Baron & nobody kills Veigar so he blows peopl up 1 by 1. Sigh. One day Gold I will reach you, one day.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  6. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

You don't. Shit, you don't need a gaming mouse either.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Regular mouse works fine, mousemats are touch & go, I have a Razer one just because I won it in a competition.

Lost my promo series 0-3, down to 57lp so not too harsh. Lost the 3rd game because our Lux died TWICE to J4/Veigar & didn't ward. Her excuse? Pantheon ganking for her more than our jungler was - she was helping us double bot for the 2nd time, you stupid fuck. Why'd we lose? She went afk & we got caught 5 vs 3 at Dragon so we lost Baron and an Inhib off of it, couldn't come back. Another game though where people are focussing the tanks & not the backline...

Honestly, Silver players and low Gold are their own worst enemies. There is narry a braincell between the lot of them.

Edit 2; Cho'Gath jungle never fails. Even with a Cait whining the game was lost, Kha'Zix was a monster & Vayne tumbled straight into my Oracled feast & Cait... bad idea.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  8. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I know I don't need a gaming mouse but I want one :)

That sucks about your promo series BsuperB. Even as a silver player, I completely agree with "Silver players and low Gold are their own worst enemies". I know I make stupid mistakes in my games, but at least I'm slowly but surely reducing their frequency.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I'd like to think I didn't fuck up but I know in the first game I missed a pretty easy Crescendo, we won the fight anyway but if I'd landed it Varus wouldn't have got a triple from clean-up before he died.

Third game I missed my ult on Leona when they 4 man dived us though we were screwed either way with Fiddle and J4 ult on us whilst Ali tanked it with his ult. Main problems were people just not warding &/or paying attention to the minimap, cost people their lives too often. I was purple side in all 3 games too, so, small things, but I do detest golem starts.

As is tradition, after I lost my promo series I got a great team of positive people who gave each other encouragement bar the Caitlyn who was convinced we'd lost after she didn't get to do golems bot. I generalise too often, but with games like that in a promo series leading into a positive atmosphere and teamwork it... just sucks. No worries, 20lp is a good sign, should be back to another series in 5 days or so.

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    After last promo series I won a varus game and entered another promo series. I went varus again, went 12-1 and won, life was good.
    Next game I supported Taric. Game was an hour long, could have gone either way, but after a tense struggle we won.

Now if I go up one more division I will be back where I was before I went inactive and dropped divisions because of it :/

11. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Small question Republic regarding inactivity - The Riot website says it's a month or 28 days, yet for some reason I have it ingrained in my head that the inactivity kicks in after a week of not playing ranked - did you not play for 28+ days?

Checking as I'm visiting friends in Oregon in June and I'd rather make Gold before then if it's 7 days.

12. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Eh, it's definitely more than 7 days. I've gone at least 3 or 4 weeks before ranked games before and it's never happened to me.

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Gaming mice are required for league of legends.

You need the extra buttons to bind taunt, laugh, joke, and dance to.

14. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Inactivity seems to be around 3 weeks for me. I just checked on my second account which I got to Gold V, and my ranked matches had dates for 3/27 and 4/23.
    My last ranked match was 4/26 and I'm at 62 LP right now so I can check in two weeks if it goes down.

Just played a Ranked game as Caitlyn and holy shit is Caitlyn stupidly good. My first game ever as Caitlyn and we destroyed our lane with Cait + Lulu. That combo is just stupidly good at poke, clearing, kiting AND diving. We got a double kill after we counterganked their team and then dove Ezreal at lvl 6. Gave Lulu an honor badge after for great play.

15. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Despite all my bitching, complaining, idiotic plays, bad ideas, and a whole heap of other stuff, I finally hit Gold V this morning.

Honestly, goal complete. I could care less where I end up now, Platinum would be nice but that's a long, long way off.

From Urgot's Chains in Silver, to a completely new division in Gold - Diana's Daggers. Only 27 people in Gold V, 1 in Gold IV and 1 lone person in Gold II.

16. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Congratulations!

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Good job man. I am this close to getting back to gold, myself. Strange how I never see you, aren't we on the same server?

Just got off a very frustrating game as Mundo top, against an elise. Top and bot kept dying to rammus ganks, while I got ganked three times by him early game but didn't die, because I'm Mundo. After taking inner turret, I stole dragon from 4 guys and secured baron twice. Pushed all the lanes, focused the carry, etc. Honestly, I played much better than I usually do.
    None of0the above made our Graves learn how to play, and we lost the late game even though we had baron and an inhib.
    Ah well, I lost 4lp and got 3 honorable opponents. It was a fun- if frustrating game.

18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Probably play at different times, I tend to play early morning now I've finished Uni and doing several other minor courses so as to avoid the school children and seemingly most of the ragers/insta-locks that I play with. The majority of the people I play with before 4pm CEST seem to be awesome folks who can have a laugh even when losing, really impacts my play. Slowly learning to just relax and focus on improving over winning so, only had to chat with someone in 1 game thus far recently about why they were wrong and why they did so poorly - naturally they wouldn't have it, as if I'm supposed to ward the entire map with a regular sightstone and no objective gold.

It also means I can miss out on some great nail-biting games or great players who're at school &/or work but, I like to get my games out the way early in the day. If I play after 4PM CEST it's usually just ARAM's. That said, player pools are rather large below Diamond so, don't really see the same people. I've yet to meet someone I've played with before unless I queue up immediately after the game and get lucky.

Honestly I'm just happy to get to Gold, even if I did support in my final Silver game, carrying as top & jungle in the 2 prior wins made me at least feel like I earned it rather than being carried there. I probably will start to play more now that I'm not worried about being relegated from a bad streak and can only go up.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Pretty sure you're in my contact list.

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I thought you were EUNE? Huh, maybe not. Either way, relddiR ehT is my summoner name.