1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Nice! I just got my 100 points for promotion out of Silver I. Hopefully, I'll be able to post the same thing in a couple of games.

Update: I'm 2-2 so far ._. Wish me luck. This is bullshit though. I've been matched with some Plat Vs for two of those games. Is that normal?

Update: Yay I'm gold now!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Congrats on gold~!

On a side note, Kellros and I duo'd for a game. In champion select, the usual bans go forth. Enemy first picks Thresh, Kellros picks Kha'zix and our mid goes Karthus. Solid picks so far. Enemy takes Graves and Gragas. Looking slightly painful but manageable if we play our cards close to our chest. Then we have 3rd and 4th pick, simultaneously, with one choosing Ezreal and the other choosing Ashe. They argue about pick order, Ezreal had called ADC and wanted the position, Ashe argued that she pick order on him. They were picking at the same time... So Ezreal says fuck this, picks Nautilus jungle.

I worry, thinking about who I just ended up supporting, with enemy taking Eve jungle, and Darius top. I pick the ever manly Taric. As the game loads, Kellros and I check quickfind.kassad.in and lolking.net to check out Ashe to see what I'm dealing with.

Turns out, her standard Ashe build is rush Spirit of the Elder Lizard, then pick up Boots of Lucidity, Bloodthirster, Liandry's, Static Shiv, and Last Whisper. I facepalmed, knowing I was laning with the epitome of Srubiness herself.

In lane, she gets pulled not once, not twice, but three times by blatant hooks from Thresh, netting Graves a solid early lead. She then facechecks twice, but picks up a lucky kill when they dive us, giving her a score of 1/5/0 ten minutes in. I give up.

I run top and help get Kellros 2 kills on Darius, he is now starting to snowball. I ward everything I can and peel for him in fights, while Ashe does no damage and Karthus just suicides and uses his passive.

By some miracle, through our efforts and the aid of Nautilus, we managed to carry the game. Kellros at 24/5/8 and myself at 3/3/30. Ashe ended at 5/14/9. And somehow, she is Gold V and Kellros and I are not.

tl;dr Miracles can happen in League.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Who wants to make a Gold V Ranked Team? :awesome

4. Kellros

Kellros Ultimate Snorlax Buddha

5. Red

Been playing a lot of Eve jungle. Clear is good and ganks abuse the solo q style of play but I haven't been able to transition early leads into victories.

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That's because Eve is a squishy little bitch who gets spanked if she doesn't land perfect ults. Of course I play Morde who hard counters her so I guess i'm a bit bias.

Gold V makes no sense, I played two games and got +25, and +32 or some ridiculous number. Not sure if that is normal or not, MMR OP I guess.

Red
  7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I've watched a few streamers play Eve jungle and they always take care to build hp along with AP.

On another note. The 28 day inactivity counter starts on last ranked game, or last game in general?

8. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

The counter is based off of last ranked game played.

Eve jungle is meh. I'd much rather have Mao, Sej, Naut, J4, etc. She is too squishy, and relies on kills to be able to do anything. Which means that the laner doesn't get the kills, which can gimp them.

9. Red

Yeah, I also get like +30 per game while my friend consistently gets like +4. Idk whats up, MMR too stronk.

10. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

11. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

We're all masochists who enjoy torturing ourselves, obviously. Why else do we sink hundreds of hours into an online game that involves a constantly changing learning curve?

12. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Yea that is really weird. I enjoy playing normals so I play them. I don't know why you torture yourselves with ranked games if you don't.

13. Jon

So yeah.

Haven't played ranked in a while. Logged in.. You've been Demoted to Silver I

Play a game.. and oh god I forgot how bad it was in silver 1.

Mejai's Kat when we're 10 kills down. -_-

14. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Well, I haven't played much in a while, but I went on a 3 win streak lately. Played some ADC this time, as Caitlyn and Ezreal. Promoted to Gold 4!

Blue Ezreal is so fun.

15. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I don't know what to say man...

People rushed Tmail and GA over Randuin's and Fheart to shut down fed ADs Trynd, Cait and Talon.

Like... where was the team defense? No one could peel those 3 off and no one would focus them down fast either.

Well, I guess there goes my 5 win streak in ranked.

Also, Trynd is seriously broken fucks top. The common tops get shit on by him like woah. I also take back everything bad I've ever said about Shiv on trynd. It's stupid for top.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  16. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Shiv on Trynd is annoying just because if he crits (which, well, this is Trynd) it's an instant 4 man magic crit, which works out weird when you're trying to rush some armor against him.

He's one of those champions that kind of needs to snowball, or clean up a fight if he's behind, otherwise he's rather sub-par, though in Gold that could just be the calibre of Trynd's I'm seeing - Pro wise he's rare, though definitely scary (Voyboy this split, ZionSpartan last split).

Not touched ranked in 3 weeks, had a holiday and time away from the game so, kind of dreading restarting tomorrow. 47LP in Gold V, can only go up ideally, so fingers and toes are crossed.

17. Jon

Really?

I recall a few days ago you were telling me how bad it was for Trynd and how I should stop building it. :p

18. Evan Tide

For jungle and low gold builds, yeah. But trynd top gets easy farm currently.

@BsuperB: Trynd top doesn't need to snowball at all. He gets to this obscene point where you can't beat him 1v1 anymore through raw farming. He doesn't need to kill you. He just needs to farm til 6 and shiv then proceed to crush your lane.

19. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Maybe, I guess he's like Shen in that respect. I've hever really thought about Tryn, I've played him maybe 3 times in ARAM and never really enjoyed it, though I played it stupidly maxing e first without going AP, I had no idea.

Most split champions I tend to generally ignore if I'm done laning against them, doubly so if it's Singed/Nid since there's no shoving them away without a friend or 2. Just a case of trying to force fights and hoping your team can actually win 4 vs 5, as the concept of stopping splitters in my games never goes well - people going via jungle and getting caught or just flat out losing the 1 vs 1.

20. Evan Tide

See, the thing is, you can't ignore Trynd split push.

He's a hyper carry. He gets ridiculous amounts of damage from that free farming which means that when he does eventually join fights, he will crush whoever he targets.

On top of that, he's also a resource-less-tower breaker so he's not going to eventually go back for mana either. Singed and Nid? They're going to be using spells to speed up their push and that costs mana. Tryd just whacks people all day with autos that one-shot minions later.

Nid and Singed also can't force 100% death fights. I mean, yeah if you get caught it'll be painful, but you can eventually escape since they won't burst you from full to zero in 3-4s. Farmed trynd will blow up just about anyone in 4 hits in a 1v1 and doesn't have to back because he used too much mana or lost a good chunk of HP in that exchange.

Nid and Singed also have only a few ways to keep enemies in a fight. Split push trynd has Shiv, Bilgewater, W, Ghost, E to catch and escape. E lowering CD on crits basically has that sucker up to engage and run every single fight.

With his ulti as fall-back, he's not going to leave people alone just because he gets to low HP either.

He also pushes much more ridiculously fast than Singed + Nid after a certain AD point. E + Shiv crit = all melees dead. 2 swings for the leftovers and you're on your way after 4~ seconds. Singed requires roughly 5-8~ seconds to clear a full wave, assuming no cannon minion. Nidalee requires about that same amount of time also, assuming she aims pounce + claws correctly.

I lost some Trynd games, but that was mainly because I just started playing him this way recently compared to my usual team fight style. Bad targets = I died. If I was targeting properly, I'd have been able to force 1v1 exchanges with multiple enemy ultis blown every time, leading to easy 4v4 team fights after my split push deaths.

The only real counters I've noticed to this is Singed and Kennen because they can both compete with his split push and have minimal resource management, though Trynd can outmaneuver both with some skilled play.