1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battle School Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    We already know Rubicon is scum and we have a soft-lynch on him, why would I waste my time and everyone else's putting him on my list? And why in the world is my list terrible, because you're on it? You have six posts in a 300 post thread.
    #19 is a waste of time and an entirely arbitrary accusation.
    #34 is you bitching about power roles and, again, not contributing.
    #102 continues to be uselss except for a weak accusation against Aekiel which comes off as distancing.
    #191 is you literally echoing what other people have said while contributing nothing but a lynch vote: the ultimate non-comittal bandwagon vote. Incidentally, you promise an 'in depth readthrough'... which you haven't apparently even considered delivering.
    #244 is, again, you not really contributing anything signficant other than a somewhat asinine vote against me.
    #300 is you defending people I think are scum.
    Factor in Rubicon's rather stupid attempt at distancing, and a Rents-Rubicon-Aekiel team just seems to work rather well. How about you actually contribute to the thread for once?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Schro: How does Aekiel fit onto a scumteam with Rubicon?

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

That's what I was wondering.

4. fontisian

Thanks man. It's great to have your endorsement.

5. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Ah, maybe not, I'll have to look over the stuff. I think I may have Rents and Menace mixed up. My bad. I'll glance over my evidence, but it was probably a mistake.

6. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

How exactly does one get the thread set by posts? There needs to be more pressure on the people like Rents that barely if ever post. Not only is it scum-like, it is boring to see. I don't feel like there is a full 15 people currently alive in this game.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Alright, I'm home. So yeah. Let me read through the last several pages, and I'll post my thoughts.

8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Er, do you mean how to check who has how many posts? You have to go to the Little Italy subforum and click on the number of total posts it shows for the thread and it'll give you a list.

9. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Smile: Who Posted?
    Very, very handy.

---------- Post automerged at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Also, the replacement for Jwik still hasn't posted. This is one cheap-as-hell scum strategy if it is one, and unfair to the town if it isn't. Jwik, you're an asshole.

10. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Jwlk never checked in, so we don't know what happened to him. We do know that he doesn't have a history of skipping out on games he's registered in just for the hell of it, though, so something must have come up. Why don't you focus on his replacement and quit being a dick?

11. Schrodinger

High Score:
    My bad. Bob99, you're an asshole.

12. fontisian

How exactly would that effect your read of Aekiel?

13. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hey guys I kinda have Internet again so I can replace into my old spot if the new guy doesn't come back!

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

So, thoughts starting immediately post lynch:

Well, Bill flipping town ruins almost all of my reads. Damn. Wetnurse was one of my top suspects if he had been scum, but as town I'm not sure where he'd fit in the larger picture. Similarly, I thought the Menace swap to Bill last minute was almost a surefire scum tell, with him swapping last minute to keep from being caught during the late game.

Rubicon did that suspicious ass "let's all swap to Rents" thing at the end too, which pushed my suspicion of him to 11 after the prior utter reversal of opinion on Menace in less than 20 posts. That suspicion worked out a little better :awesome. On that note, I haven't really done anything but skim this yet (analysis on the fly and such), but I think Rents should be under fire at this point. I mean, Rubicon had to know it would fail, so it makes sense to assume that he was just trying to prop Rents up in a situation like this. Just my two cents.

Sesc and Fen. Weird combo, really. Sesc is a serious blow; his mid-late game skills are impressive, to say the least. Fen, though... Fen was a nonfactor, who really only ever threatened Rubicon, at least that I can remember. Now that we know Rubicon is scum, maybe that's why he died. Or maybe there's a serial killer role that is trying to avoid too much notice. It warrants a reread of Fen's posts (and Sesc's as well, although I'd still say the reason for Sesc's death is more logical, since he is generally a strong player). I'll work on that next.

Stojil had a crazy-dramatic secretive post, but apparently that was a message to Aekiel about using the daytime cop power? I can go for that.

Schrodinger's kneejerk is to lynch him with no further questions... Interesting.

Menace rebuffs him. Distancing?

Smile is still doing that derping thing. Question to any who have played with him before: is this the norm? Because it's setting off alerts for me.

Rents posts, apparently angry about Rubicon trying to lynch him last minute. No pressure, questions, or even a lynch vote, though. Just a big fuck you and carrying on. Looking worse and worse for him.

Aekiel calls for top 3 scum reads. At that moment, Rents, Rubicon (for the above reasons), and... I don't know. Schrodinger and Smile are both derping all over the place, and I have a gut feeling that at least one of them is scummy. Smile would've had the most synergy with Rents and Rubicon, so probably Smile. Updated to include the Rubicon revelation, I'd say the fourth man is kinda up in the air on this scan through. The hardcore lurking by Jwlk/bob is bothering me. Riley was lurking hard, prior to replacement. I don't know. I'll include my final man in the more detailed analysis as well.

Moridin has lots of back and forth with Rubicon; all of it negative. Worth noting in case it's distancing, but honestly doesn't feel like it. Moridin is doing a /lot/ of reasonably solid analysis to be scum. No blind trust, because that was precisely my thought process for font last game, but he seems pretty town to me, despite a proclivity to include me in his scum teams.

Menace, Aekiel, and Stojil all pile on Rubicon, which would probably be significant if he didn't deserve it. Still, there's at least a reasonable chance that one of those four (Menace, Aekiel, Stojil, or Moridin) is going for distancing. Since Stojil and Aekiel tag teamed on outing him, that leaves Moridin, who feels towny, as I said before, and Menace, who I felt to be null leaning slightly scummy before. He's a weird fit for the above scum team, though.

Aekiel reveals Rubicon is definitely scum.

Kalas asks me about Wetnurse. Question: mind if I save that for the analysis that will most likely come in the middle of the night? Most of the case I was arguing was built on the foundation of Bill Door's scuminess, so an off the cuff case against him would be weak. I will look, though.

And fuck, my power just flickered. Posting before I lose it. More later, if it holds up.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Hi, hi.

Resident bad player checking in, replacing Riley.

I'll post more tomorrow.

16. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Jesus, this game is a total clusterfuck.

17. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Oh god, I am so amused for some reason.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Note to self: Prophylaxis is always wrong.

---------- Post automerged at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

In other news, I'm getting my shit together for my trip to the US today and travelling for the majority of tomorrow. I'll try to get on as often as I can, but I can't guarantee it with any degree of certainty.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

EVERYONE: LIST YOUR SCUMTEAM

I can't believe people are avoiding that.

It's nice how you don't give us your opinion on any of this beside for Rents.

Pro-tip: ignore Rubicon from now on.

Or it makes for good easy targets.

Nope. This is unacceptable.

Explain this because it doesn't make sense. Also, you never answered this:

And your new scumteam doesn't even fit with any of this!

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Smile has yet to post a scumteam in the aftermath of the Rubicon reveal. Who do you think are Rubicon's teammates, and why?

Rents, can you give your reasoning for your Schro/Rubicon/Smile scumteam?

Schrodinger,

They are both on your scumteam so I'm not sure how getting them mixed up is relevant. So what is your final scumteam? Is Aekiel on it or not? Reasons too, please.

I'd also like to hear from Fontisian, Stojil, Menace and Kalas on the same. Typhon will hopefully post further too. Hell, it's probably simpler to list who has reacted meaningfully to the Rubicon reveal. If we don't use this time to discuss and narrow down possible scumteams, there's little point leaving Rubicon alive. Let's not forget that at least one more townie will probably die tonight, and that added perspective could be invaluable.

---------- Post automerged at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Okay, Stojil ninjas me by seconds.

---------- Post automerged at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I assume you stand by #257, Stojil?