1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Doubtful in the short term, it might be like 1-2 years away at a minimum, at least with the new DLC included. It's possible we could see something like what Civ V did I guess. GOTY Edition followed by Gold Edition and then god knows what else is next.

Apparently Gearbox is coming out with even more Borderlands 2 DLC. One will increase the level cap again (Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak) and add another new mode or what not. Another campaign DLC is also in the works, with TK Baha returning. Both DLCs will be outside of the seasons pass, with the UVH upgrade being $5. No planned price point yet for the latter, though I imagine it'll be $9.99.

It's less the market and more of people speculating on the summer cards, believing that they'll increase in price dramatically since they won't drop past the summer sale. I saw one guy posting that he dropped 100 euros on cards, buying up a ton of foils and rare backgrounds/emoticon from the summer cards with the hope for future profit.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I got two Torchlight and one Skyrim card out of summer sale... kinda bummer, forget to vote a few times:p

EDIT: Also I got Bard's Tale and Strike Suit Infinity. Bard's Tale is really funny and Infinity is kinda funny shootin'/flyin' game. For 1€ each it was kinda worth it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. JenosIdanian

JenosIdanian Professor DLP Supporter

Mother. Of. God. Final Fantasy VII is on Steam and has achievements! Throwback! I got the following cards off the sale:
    KRONG
    Bioshock: Infinite x2
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare x2
    Dead Island: Riptide
    Football Manager 2013 x2
    Prison Architect x2
    Skyrim
    Torchlight

And I haven't got any of my voting ones but I'll pick up a few more off that once I hit Steam Level 5. I can't trade anything till August because Steam won't let you trade anything if it's been over a year since you bought anything and... yeah.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Final Fantasy VII also has double DRM and they fucked up all the music in game.

I may be slightly salty about it. I won't buy it with the way they're handling it. =/

5. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Might I suggest mods. Lots and lots of mods. Unless it's just the principle of the thing.

6. Dryops

Dryops Second Year DLP Supporter

Would anyone be able to add me to the Steam group? Profile

7. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Should have an invite waiting.

8. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

9. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Oh, that is a fun game. It is pretty simple, but I really enjoyed Fortix 2.

10. JenosIdanian

Sadface.jpg. I'm just excited to see it. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

For what it's worth, along with the achievements, there is even a feature to max out your items, money, levels, whatever you want, if you feel like you are struggling. All so you can have more fun adventuring!:facepalm

12. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Fucking casuals.

13. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I spent so long levelling my party up in FF7 on the PSX, that when I replay it, I'll totally use cheats about 1/3 of the way through to avoid all of that level grinding I did the first time. While I loved the fighting system, it really did become a chore more than it was fun after a while.

Oz
  14. JenosIdanian

Bitches don't know 'bout my GameShark! Playthrough 2 team back in the day: Sephiroth, Rude, Tifa. Because I was 13 or something.

Seriously thought it took so. much. time to breed a Gold Chocobo. Pretty sure I could've opened a damn Chocobo veterinary clinic/breeding emporium after all that Chocobo!SexyTime.

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

God, this. And having to go to the effort of stealing all those attack materia off monsters. So stressful. @_@

yak
  16. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

Infographic summarising the Summer Sale.

[IMGUR]2bKMTtn[/IMGUR]

17. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

They missed the biggest goof. CS:GO was mistakenly put on sale for 99% off. Some people got it for just 14 cents. And so far valve has let them keep it. (AFAIK)

18. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I only spent $0.59 this sale, for the last New Vegas DLC I had neglected to get (Courier's Stash -- and I don't like it that much since it just piles equipment on you straight out the door, but on the other hand I finally have the entire game). Considering how much money I've dumped in previous sales and how I've yet to finish most of those games, I'm rather proud of that.

NTD
  19. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Same here. I only spent the 27 cents for Just Cause, and that was for a friend.

20. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Kentucky Route Zero is on sale. Finally. It missed the Summer Sale only to hit us with 50% off today. It's an adventure game in five parts, with the second episode having been released about a month ago, and the remaining three acts to be released over the coming year.

Kentucky Route Zero - Season Pass $24.99 $12.49 USD

If you feel strongly on the games vs. art issue, and don't think that The Walking Dead was a game, then just ignore Kentucky Route Zero and the rest of this post.

First of all, this is an indie point-and-click adventure game, with text instead of voice, told in a very cinematic manner. It's art style reminds me of Another World, Limbo and to a lesser extent, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery. The music consists of an original score by Ben Babbitt, along with a suite of old hymns and bluegrass standards recorded by The Bedquilt Ramblers.

I haven't played this myself yet [just bought it], so why should you? Well, if the description interests you, then take a look at what other people are saying about it:

Rock Paper Shotgun's two part interview with one of the co-creators.

Or Destructoid:

tl;dr: This game's a bit weird, a bit arty, a lot atmosphere, music, and story.

As Big Z just pointed out to me, you can buy it discounted from the dev's website [which includes a Steam key] so they don't lose 30% to Valve.