1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battle School Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Menace: I'm still having a hard time seeing your story. I mean, in some places it checks out, but you're neutral, you have a protection piercing kill, and you shoot... Fen? Really? I mean, sure, as per your story you're basically vanilla town now, but you damn sure weren't then. Why take out a weak player over a strong one?

And then when you think about it more, it makes less sense. Under your story, we have the ballsiest scum player in the world with Casear (or a power that makes no sense on a scum player), a scumteam size that conveniently makes it where you can't die lest we lose, and there's no reason to kill you anyways; you just want what we want, after all!

Alternately, we have Caesar telling the truth, you with our best interests at heart, and me, the derping mafia gunsmith who gives the gun to town players. Either that, or I'd have to give the guns to town players, providing a method of townfirming players and actively hurting scum by allowing the town to take potshots at them. The first is stupid, and the other is terrifically unlikely. Even if it were possible, it would still be somewhat advantageous as touched upon above.

Not only do we have all of that, but it conveniently ignores the guns. We have to keep you because scum will win if we don't because you think they have a five man team is all good and well, but that ignores the guns in the hands of town players. That extra kill, if used wisely, is enormous insurance against a scum win.

All of that said, though, if I have to die to settle this, then I'll do it. You guys don't have to have me for us to win. It just seems like an unnecessary risk to kill me and remove an extra town kill a day, when you could just lynch Caesar and see the flip.

Other stuff: I'm still concerned about a role blocker or something similar (although with a scummy Menace, the roleblocker wouldn't have had to worry about the gun last night. That was my mistake in the first post; like I said, I was a little distracted), but frankly I think clearing up the confusion on about all of this might be worth the risk. I'd appreciate it if you came forward with it now.

Karn: role and results, now.

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Oh, and if it helps anybody that has read the books, I will go ahead and say that my role is Champi 'Dumper' T'it'u, and apparently I'm making sure that none can stand against Ender by making sure my E Toon is well supplied and ready for battle.

That's gibberish to me, but there it is.

2. Sir Karn

Sir Karn Guest

Typhon is nontown.

I didn't want to out myself yesterDay so that I could use my ability again (in case I didn't get a protect on me). My ability allows me to target two players each Night, and I'll be told if they are on the same team, or if they are not. Stojil and Typhon got results of not being on the same team, and I strongly believe that Stojil is town.

Last Night I targeted Kalas and Menace, and got results that they are not on the same team. Since Kalas flipped Town, this means Menace is nontown. Caesar is telling the truth.

So what we need to do is lynch Typhon. Menace's claim is somewhat believable.

Aekiel... looks super scummy. Trying to get us to lynch the claimed Neutral because he can't stand two factions winning. It's ridiculous and I can't see that behavior coming from town when there is a possibility that we are in lylo right now.

Scum team:
    Typhon
    Aekiel
    Smile
    -possible one more could go here-

Nontown:
    Menace (could be Neutral or Scum)

I haven't looked into who a possible other scum could be yet.

So, we lynch Typhon toDay since he's confirmed nontown from my ability, and his behavioral analysis shows him as buddies with Rubicon (so we likely are lynching scum not a neutral).

Vote: Typhon

If I'm not alive Tomorrow, lynch either Aekiel or Smile. They are the last scum based on my analysis.

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Sir Karn, what about night 1?

4. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Of course the circumstances are exactly right for me to reveal, Typhon. Why do you think I revealed in the first place? I killed Fen with my kill Night 1 because he was my biggest scum read at the time, and I DO need to go after scum as well, like I said. In regards to the gun, it's true that it would make it possible for town to win even if they did lynch me, but it would put them at like double LYLO. Even if they lynched scum every night from then on, misusing the gun could still screw them over.

And since taking that risk isn't necessary, I didn't include it in my post?

5. Sir Karn

Sir Karn Guest

As you may have noticed, Rents wasn't paying much attention to the game - he even got replaced. He unfortunately didn't submit an action Night 1.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I... don't know whether this actually helps your roleclaim or not. On one hand, it doesn't give us anything just like, conveniently enough, your night 3 check. On the other, I can totally see that derp (damn you, Ollie) doing that.

I gotta go and I don't have time right now, but someone fish that role-comment he made on day 1. He sounded disappointed with his power or something. Honestly, that isn't very in line with his power, which is awesome IMO.

I'll be back in a few hours.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, fuck that noise. Rents would have submitted; he said that's all he did! What reason would have have to lie when he was admitting that he was being super lax?

Lynch me, if you feel the need. It will clear up several things. But, for the record, I'm calling bullshit on Karn, Menace, and Caesar. If there is a fifth man (which is doubtful, to me), it's probably Smile who has been essentially inactive for forever.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, let's collate the information we have. I'll start with a role reveal on my part, since my role is useless now anyway.

I am Ducheval, aka 'Shovel'. I am the Town Loyalist and my ability is to check one player each night to see if they are Julian 'Bean' Delphiki, at which point my alignment would be confirmed to him and vice versa.

Except I shot him instead. >_> Welcome to my game so far.

So, here's a list of claims so far (and my inferences from other players):

Live Players
    Aekiel - Loyalist
    Caesar (r. LochNess) - Empath
    Menace - Neutral Hitman
    Moridin
    Prophylaxis (r. Riley Poole)
    Sir Karn (r. Rents) - Comparer? (I don't know the role name for this one)
    SmileoftheKill
    Typhon - Gunsmith
    Uncle Stojil - Inventor?

Dead Players (Lynch, Scum, Gun)
    Bill Door (L) - Town Arsonist
    Sesc (S) - Town Motivator
    Fenraellis (G) - Town Supersaint
    Rubicon (L) - Mafia Sibling
    Fontisian (S) - Town Sibling
    Wetnurse (G) - Town Backup
    Schrodinger (L) - Town Jailer
    Kalas (S) - Town Bodyguard
    Bob99 (G) - Town Tracker

With a 4 man scum team that leaves us at 4/3/1.

Caesar has claimed that 2 of Schrodinger, Menace, Typhon and Bob99 are scum. Sir Karn has come forward and stated that Typhon is non-town. That would place us at 4/2/1, likely 3/2/1 or 4/2 after night.

That's 4 non-town in 9 players. Discounting myself that's down to 8 players and 4 non-town.

Menace has claimed neutral, but that's not entirely certain.

Typhon has claimed Gunsmith, with evidence to back it up, and the evidence points to him giving guns to non-scum (this assertion is, of course, from my point of view so take from that what you will). That heavily points towards him being town.

Sir Karn has claimed that Typhon is non-town, as compared to Kalas. If that's the case, why did you do so after checking Typhon and Stojil on night 2?

Stojil gave me day cop, which is a definite non-scum ability. Down to 7 players and 3 scum (or 3 scum/1 third party).

Caesar has claimed that there were two non-town amongst Schrodinger, Menace, Typhon and Bob99. Schro and Bob have proven to be town. Sir Karn claims that Typhon is non-town and Menace has roleclaimed so there is some evidence there.

So I'm looking at Caesar, Moridin, Prophylaxis, Sir Karn, Smile, Typhon to find my scum team.

I've got a few worlds that could apply here:

1) Scum!Typhon - In this case he is being forced to give his guns to non-scum players, or has for some reason chosen to give a gun to non-scum players since the start of the game. Potential scum mates are: Moridin, Prophylaxis, Smile. Caesar and Sir Karn have both come forward with evidence against him that would prove his guilt.

2) Town!Typhon - In this case Caesar must be lying, therefore he would be scum. Therefore Sir Karn must be in on the act as well. That gives us 2 of the 3 scum we need. The third scum would be either Smile or Prophylaxis. Assuming Menace isn't lying his ass off about being third party.

3) Scum!Typhon and scum!Menace - That would make it 7 players and 3 scum to find, which makes things both easier and harder. This world doesn't make much sense because Menace is pushing the lynch on Typhon, who wouldn't otherwise be the target today (hi Menace!).

4) Town!Typhon and scum!Menace - I find this world much more likely. Scum team would be Rubicon/Menace/Caesar/Sir Karn.

5) Scum!Typhon and 3P!Menace - Scum team for Typhon would be Smile and Prophylaxis.

In every world we have Typhon as the lynch pin. If Typhon is town then at the very least Sir Karn and Caesar are lying, in which case we know who the scum are bar one. If Typhon is scum then we've effectively townfirmed Caesar, if not Sir Karn.

So maybe it would be best if we lynch Typhon. It would also remove the risk of us losing by the wrong person being shot in the night. We can't afford to make mistakes at this point, so would removing the risk be good? On the other hand, we could lynch Sir Karn or Caesar, to test whether they're telling the truth, then have whoever got the gun last night to shoot Typhon (if they flip town) or Sir Karn/Caesar (if they flip scum).

Either way we confirm the alignment of Typhon, which is the important part at this point. If we go with the latter we get to keep the gunsmith as well, though only if he turns out to be town and scum don't kill him.

In that case...

Vote: Caesar

9. Caesar

Caesar First Year

1. Where are Prophylaxis and Smile? I'd really like to hear from them.

2. Actually Aek, based upon the last few pages, there is a strong argument that Typhon hasn't given a gun to a single non-scum player all game.

3. Even if I was scum, why, in the name of all that is sacred, would I make that sort of claim? I was under no pressure at the time and, assuming a four man scum team, would still have had one scum buddy even if the Rents wagon went through. Why would I suddenly decide to that Rents, the perpetual absentee, was vital to victory? And why would I then go about saving him in such a sub-optimal manner?

4. No, seriously. Why?

10. Striker

Yeah, I don't agree with 2 because Typhon couldn't have possibly known I was third party when he gave me a gun, but 3 is my thinking 100%. Typhon's +town role is why I'm leaning towards there being a 5 man scum team (4 now)- if it were a 4 man scum team with a third party actively hunting for one of them AND a role that can only hurt them? It'd be too much.

11. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Actually, Menace, the argument involves you being scum. I don't think we can afford to neglect that line of reasoning, even though your role-claim is plausible.

12. Striker

That's why I don't agree with it. ;)

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Please, for the love of all that's good, will the person I gave the gun to reveal? Lets put this to an end. I'm giving the gun to town people... Because I'm a town role.

Caesar:

1. Yes. So much yes. They're killing us. If they're scum and they eke out a win on lurking, I'm going to be pissed.

2. If the last recipient will claim, I think you'll set that argument aside.

3/4. Presumably because Menace had a gun, and the scum still have a power up their sleeve. I don't know, this is a ticklish point to me, and the only reason I'd even consider a 5 man scum team. I think that you must have something to upset the natural progression of things; redirects, a bulletproof, something, because you have to know that when I flip things are going to hell. If you have an ability that will let you swing things in your favor, though, then we might be fucked and unable to salvage things. If I weren't afraid of that, I'd say to lynch me too, just to put an end to the facade. There /must/ be a plan, though.

14. Caesar

Caesar First Year

I read that as denying that there was any such argument to be made. My bad.

---------- Post automerged at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Also, Prophylaxis was viewing the thread not long ago. Seriously, man, post something.

---------- Post automerged at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

You too, Smile.

---------- Post automerged at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Typhon: In a world with a four man scum team you giving a gun to a town player now is irrelevant: you have no other choice.

Sorry for the multi-posting guys.

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

If that was the case, I could've went with Rubicon night 1. It would've been worthless, as it turned out, but he was a town read for most of us. That kind of debating is pointless, though; I can't prove it. I'm hoping that the strength of the town player will vouch for my sincerity, though.

Menace, if you really are 3rd party with town's best interest, you're an idiot. We could have saved all of this by killing Caesar. Still, I guess there is no use in crying about what's been done b

16. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Vote Count 4.1

Typhon (3) Menace, Caesar, Sir Karn
    Caesar (1) Aekiel

Abstaining (5) Moridin, Prophylaxis, SmileOfTheKill, Typhon, Uncle Stojil

With 9 alive, it is 5 to hard lynch and 3 to soft lynch.

Timer for Day End

17. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I've been following this thread and I am having a hard time picking the best choice. Typhon is well, he could be scum or town. We have a decent confirmation Caesar is town, decent confirmation that Typhon is not-town/not-scum, and mehhh confirmation Typhon is town. If Typhon is scum, it seems that he can't give any guns to non-scum.

At this point we can just lynch Typhon for most likely being scum, assume Typhon is town and lynch Caesar, or even assuming Typhon is scum and can only give weapons to non-scum, so leave him alive and lynch someone else.

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

It's 5/3/1. The numbers of your post are all based on this wrong calculation (or maybe derpy info-manipulation).

Typhon, is there a reason why you can't just tell us who you gave the gun to? But even then, you want their towniness to town you? That's absolutely garbage now, and you know it.

:facepalm

Could a post be more useless?

19. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Well, it is more posting that I am alive. I can see all three things being possible and I do think Typhon is scum. I don't want to vote since we are already close enough to hard lynch, and voting for Menace could bring issues if the scum ram the vote though.

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The uselessness wasn't in your lack of voting (that was good). It was in the fact you stated everything and its opposite in the same breath, without coming to any conclusion.