1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Just dropping in to say that the White 2 Nuzlocke Squared I started a little while ago has resulted in my first ever blackout in over 15 years of playing Pokemon. Floccesy Ranch, wild Riolu counter OHKO'ed my shitty Patrat from full health. Awesome.

2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I got my girlfriend started playing with the fire red I gave her, unfortunately she has told me she will never ever play nuzlocke because it sounds so heartbreaking and difficult...

I on the other hand just started a HeartGold Nuzlocke because I thrive off my own emotional pain. So far we have

Quilava- Lvl 16 - Sandra (I didn't get to name her, or it would be Daenaerys)
    Rocky- Lvl 9 - Onix, got this guy for a bellsprout, not too shabby, but agh that name
    Augustus - Lvl 5 - Togepi

No deaths, just still a bit clumsy at the whole capture thing after all this time. I'm enjoying it, and am at Azalea Town, where I'm pretty sure there are Rocket Shenanigans.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Fail once, start again.

Standard Nuzlocke Squared rules, except I will be using a No Repeats clause and will not be reusing Routes.

Naming scheme is so sophisticated this time. Names starting with the letter 's'.

Start in Aspertia City, get roped into taking the Pokedex. Have to locate Bianca. Retard senses, activate!

Rival dude comes up, not yet bitching about his sister's Purrloin but it will come later. He tags along. Bianca is standing on the looking.

[​IMG]
    Salazar the Snivy
    Level 5

Salazar beats the shit out of Hugh's Tepig in a Hot Tackle Battle.

And the tale begins in earnest. Mom hands over Running Shoes. And since I still need to learn how to catch Pokemon, I have to watch Bianca catch a Purrloin. Hope that I will not get a Purrloin, ever.

Trek through to Flocessy Town, meet Alder (give me Volcarona, Alder) without running into any wild Pokemon. Lucky, I don't want a Patrat or a Purrloin. The luck holds up through to Flocessy Ranch. Salazar beats up on a couple Trainers en route to the ranch. Once I get there, now it's time to catch something and bid goodbye to the starter. And that something is...

[​IMG]
    Static the Mareep
    Level 5
    Next Capture At Level 15

Backtrack a little bit to level Static until he learns Thundershock, and then zap Hugh's Tepig and breeze through the ranch Trainers and back home to take down Aspertia Gym. Cheren's Trainers are no match for the Sheep Powered Ray Gun either.

[​IMG]
    Aspertia Gym Challenge
    Leader Cheren

Not much to talk about here, just wear down and wreck a Patrat and a Lillipup with Thundershock. Doesn't take long, no real threat either. Cheren's Lillipup managed to do enough damage to make Static use his Oran Berry, that's all. Basic Badge is mine, and I've got an Evolution...

...But the battle with Cheren caused Static to reach Level 15. I knew this would happen prior to the battle, and I'm going to roll with it. I like Ampharos, even though it does have two evolutionary stages.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Static the Mareep Evolves Into Flaaffy
    1/1 Evolutions Used

And now it's on to Virbank City. Buy a couple Repels at the Pokemon Center to avoid running into crap on the road, and power on through. Static wrecks everything in his path en route to Virbank.

Hoping to grab a Growlithe or a Koffing at Virbank Complex, but that doesn't pan out for me.

[​IMG]
    Scout the Patrat
    Level 13
    Next Capture At Level 23

Ugh, Patrat. That sucks ass, but oh well. It won't take too long to raise it. I let Static steamroll Virbank Complex, and when I'm done I abuse Audino grinding to get Scout up to the same level. Both Pokemon are at or around Level 20 when I decide to take on Virbank Gym. Pecha Berry goes onto Static, and I also buy up several Antidotes to be sure.

This music is terrible. So are the Trainers. Thundershock galore.

[​IMG]
    Virbank Gym Challenge
    Leader Roxie

Same song and dance as with Cheren. Thundershock unto death, though Roxie's Whirlipede does take a little time to put down. But I manage to get through the battle without ever getting poisoned, and there's no danger. Toxic Badge obtained, along with another Evolution.

And after wasting time at Pokestar Studios (also known as Free Lemonade Stand) and trolling Team Plasma Redux, it's on to Castelia.

Until next time.

Summary

Badges Obtained: Basic, Toxic
    1/2 Evolutions Used
    Most Recent Capture: Patrat, Level 20. Next capture at Level 23.

Team

Static (Flaaffy) - 23
    Scout (Patrat) - 20

Box

Salazar (Snivy) - 8

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  4. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Call me old fashioned, but I just have a thing where I HAVE to use my starter. Nuzlocke run or not.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I do it in Nuzlocke Squared because it was in the original rules and it adds another dimension of challenge. In the case of this particular runs, it helps that I don't care much for the Gen V Starters on the whole.

So, heading into Castelia City with my wool-less sheep and my shitty Rattata expy. And oh wow, and I can get the original shitty Rattata here also should I so desire (I do not so desire). First order of business is to loot Castelia for items, which are most plentiful. Once that's done, it's on to the Gym where I meet Token Loli Iris and get redirected to the Castelia Sewers. Hugh is all mad and such, and wants to chase Team Plasma Redux into shit river. Before I follow him in, I head back to the Pokemon Center and grab a couple more Repels.

I put Scout in the lead to get him extra experience and head into the waste. Hugh's Pignite does all the work as I spend turns using Detect to make sure my weakling Patrat doesn't die and ruin my entire game. An easy Plasma battle allows me to meet Burgh and unlocks Castelia Gym. Not prepared to tackle that quite yet, however.

Next thing to do is to head into the little park in Castelia to do even more Audino grinding. Not sporting with risks, and this is both the quickest and least dangerous route to gaining levels. Scout gets to Level 23 within ten minutes or so (have to Evolution Cancel a couple times here) and that opens up another capture.

Nothing I want much anywhere in Castelia itself, though I am tempted to pop into Relic Passage and snag a Drilbur. But, I used Excadrill in my last W2 Nuzlocke, and it's a little cheap to abuse a guaranteed encounter. I'll take my chances in the desert, and so onward to Route 4.

Hoping to get a Darumaka here to steamroll the next several Gyms with, but I get something rarer and arguably better.

[​IMG]
    Scumbag the Scraggy
    Level 17
    Next Capture At Level 27

No Intimidate activating upon beginning the encounter with the Scraggy means that it has Moxie, which is awesomely awesome. I love Scrafty.

Scumbag gets Eviolite and learns Rock Smash via TM, and back to Audino Park we go. Audino grind Scumbag up until he learns Brick Break, and then he gets to lead through Battle Company for more experience.

So, right now I have nothing that has Super Effective coverage on Burgh. The smart move would be to level up Scumbag to 27, and attempt to grab a Zubat in the Castelia Sewers (can't go back to Virbank Complex for Growlithe or into the desert to make another run at a Darumaka because I'm not re-using Routes). But I'm sure I'd just get a Rattata and I don't want to spend the time. So I'm going to roll with what I've got and I should be able to win.

I have to use some healing items getting through Castelia Gym, but it's mostly annoyance. The Gym Leader provides a bit more challenge.

[​IMG]
    Castelia Gym Challenge
    Leader Burgh

I normally have something that can waste Burgh, so I've never had much trouble with him. This time, not so much.

Burgh leads with Swadloon, which takes a couple rounds to beat down with Scumbag's Headbutt (transitioning into Payback once String Shot lowers my speed to the point that I move second). Scraggy eats a couple volleys of Razor Leaf, but tanks the damage without problems due to high defenses, Eviolite and no crithax. Moxie boosts Scumbag's attack score once Swadloon goes down.

I was hoping to get Dwebble next to get another round of Moxie, but Burgh sends out Leavanny. This is the hard part, obviously. It's a slow battle of attrition here, which I eventually win thanks to, again, no Razor Leaf crits. I do have to pop a Lemonade mid-battle though.

Dwebble is last, and goes down easily due to two Moxie boosts and the fact that Burgh does nothing but spam the useless Struggle Bug.

Insect Badge is mine, two Evolutions now stocked.

Nothing more to do around here, so it's time to move on towards Nimbasa. Trolling Colress on Route 4 opens the road. Scumbag hits Level 27 while beating down the Trainers among the ruins, and we have another capture available.

Desert Resort will be the place to use it. I pretty much can't get screwed over here. Sandile, Darumaka, Sandshrew and Trapinch would all be good choices in general and to help me deal with Elesa, since three are Ground types and Darmanitan is Darmanitan. In addition, Sigilyph and Maracus are 'free' in that I won't have to burn Evolutions in order to use them. Dwebble would be great too. So, yeah, whatever I get will be happily added.

[​IMG]
    Snapdragon the Trapinch
    Level 21
    Next Capture At Level 31

Not what I was expecting to get, as Trapinch is pretty damn rare here. It is also another Pokemon that evolves twice. I will have some time to decide whether to keep her, since Trapinch doesn't become Vibrava until Level 35. Flygon is amazing, but that plus the two Evolutions I'm already locked into using on Ampharos might leave me short on Evolutions later. Well, I already know how I can recoup the extra one but it's a bit cheap.

Tell me, what can be gotten inside Relic Castle in B2/W2? :)

Still, whether I keep Trapinch in the active roster to the end or not, she will at least get me past Elesa with no problems and should be a great help with Clay as well.

For now, back to Castelia to do a little more Audino abuse to make sure Snapdragon can hold up against the Desert Resort Trainers, and then I'll be back to clear this dump out and move into Nimbasa.

Summary

Badges Obtained: Basic, Toxic, Insect
    1/3 Evolutions Used
    Most Recent Capture: Trapinch, Level 21. Next capture at Level 31

Team

Static (Flaaffy) - 27
    Scumbag (Scraggy) - 27
    Snapdragon (Trapinch) - 21
    Scout (Patrat) - 23

Box

Salazar (Snivy) - 8

6. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

So is anyone else planning on a nuzlocke run in gen 6 with a full team from the random trade function?

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I believe I left off just after catching Trapinch at Desert Resort. I leveled her via Audino grinding for a bit, and then went back to handle the resort Trainers. Still almost got Snapdragon killed due to a Darumaka's Fire Punch. Had I not thrown on Eviolite (and it would have been so much like me not to remember to), that would have resulted in an abandoned run.

Anyway, once Desert Resort is cleaned out of Trainers and items, it's on to Nimbasa City.

Flaaffy gets to take point in the double battle with the other protagonist against the Subway Bosses. Rosa's Dewott does most of the heavy lifting here, and soaks up all the hits as well. Further battling in the sports arenas gets Static to Level 30.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Static the Flaaffy Evolves Into Ampharos
    2/3 Evolutions Used

Everyone's levels are good enough now, so right in into Nimbasa Gym. Snapdragon the Trapinch, as expected, gets all the work here. Easy pickings, both inside the roller coaster and down the runway strip. And then...bright lights!

[​IMG]
    Nimbasa Gym Challenge
    Leader Elesa

This battle was a bit more annoying than it ought to have been considering I had Electric immunity.

Emolga got a couple Quick Attacks in on Snapdragon, and my Rock Slide was juuuuust too weak to get the OHKO. That, of course, means Hyper Potion. But the caped rat does go down without too much trouble.

Elesa's Flaaffy was more bothersome due to Take Down. I could have and perhaps ought to have OHKO'd it with Dig but I didn't care to risk activating Static so I took the extra round to sink it with Bulldoze. Two hard Take Downs leave Snapdragon at low HP.

Have to heal in the opening round against Zebstrika, but its poor movepool makes it much less a threat than Flaaffy was. Dig oneshots Zebstrika to give me the win and the Bolt Badge. Volt Switch TM also gotten, and taught to Ampharos to replace the unreliable Electro Ball.

After using the Pokemon Center, it's out to Route 5. Bianca shows me a Hidden Grotto. I have a capture unlocked, and I decide to go ahead and grab Skill Link Minccino in here. I don't plan on using it, but it's not a bad Pokemon and will make a worthy backup option should need arise later.

[​IMG]
    Silver the Minccino
    Level 20
    Next Capture At Level 30

I will need to grab a Ducklett on Charizard Bridge, since it's the only way I'll be able to use Surf without actually being able to Surf and get another Water type, which I can't do without something that can use Surf. Gah. So, in the spirit of not backtracking later I'll be doing Silver's leveling now. Off to Lostlorn Forest.

Audino hunting again. Game gives me some old country way trolling here, as I run into a Pinsir in the regular grass and a fucking Vespiquen in a shaking spot. I would have been ecstatic to have either but I wasn't allowed to catch them due to the 10 level rule. Fuck.

Anyway, a couple of close calls here even despite proper caution because Minccino is pretty much a piece of shit pre-evolved. But the rat does make it to Level 30 intact.

Triple Battle with Charles prior to the bridge goes without incident, thanks to Static and Scumbag being able to dispose of his Archen and Sigilyph in the opening round. I still remember losing my Leavanny to OHKO Pluck that one run. On to Driftveil.

I said I needed a Ducklett...

[​IMG]
    Sailor the Ducklett
    Level 25
    Next Capture At Level 35

Leveling this duck to 35 going to be a chore. But I'll be getting that out of the way next because I want to grab Zorua here. Because it would be a dick move not to take care of the poor bugger when asked to and that's not what heroes do. And then I have to level that because I need to catch something else ASAP. Back to the grind...

Summary

Badges Obtained: Basic, Toxic, Insect, Bolt
    2/4 Evolutions Used
    Most Recent Capture: Ducklett, Level 25. Next capture at Level 35

Team

Static (Ampharos) - 34
    Scumbag (Scraggy) - 32
    Snapdragon (Trapinch) - 33
    Sailor (Ducklett) - 25

Box

Salazar (Snivy) - 8
    Scout (Patrat) - 23
    Silver (Minccino) - 30

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Fucked over by crithax yet again, quit the run and deleted the save. I don't think anyone cares, but just going to say it anyway.

I didn't even have my Volcarona long enough to gain a single god damned level with it before it got OHKO'd by a Pansear with Acrobatics.

9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A Pansear.

With Acrobatics.

How does that even :\

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

The elemental monkeys all learn it naturally. I figured I could just twoshot the little fuck with Signal Beam (was grinding in the Nimbasa Arenas, which I really must stop doing in Nuzlocke games, I've gotten fucked or nearly so there so many times). LOLNO, Acrobatics crithax. I honestly forgot it learned it via level up also, or I would never have even risked it.

11. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Damn, that's rough.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I've got something new that I might try in White 2. A little idea I came up with (that someone else has surely come up with before me and I just don't know about it) called the Five Generation Challenge. Standard Nuzlocke rules, except max five Pokemon in the team. One Pokemon per Generation allowed. If you want to use some new capture from the Johto Pokedex and already have another Johto Pokemon in your team, you have to box and replace. Probably won't be as entertaining as it sounds like, but we'll see how it goes.

13. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

So in the spirit of the Emerald Randomizer thread getting a large amount of interest again, I decided to do a randomized FireRed as my first Nuzlocke run. Basic rules, nothing complicated.

Settings are all held items are randomized, the starter pokemon are all set to random and everyone pokemon is set to randomize.

Straight off the bat, instead of the usual pokemon he sends out during the introduction, Oak sends out... A ridiculously small Rayquaza? Not what I was expecting, but hey ho. Named my guy, nabbed the potion from the computer and ran straight into the grass after saying cheerio to Mom. Old guy comes after me, not trusting my judgement to catch a pokemon the old fashioned way and drags me to his lab, where the generic rival awaits me.

And now, for the random starter. The choice between... A Yanma, a Spinda and a Chikorita... Something tells me this run won't last very long. I chose Twirls the Spinda, since the randomiser means the chances of bumping into something that can kill flying, bugs and grass types are much higher.

Twirls gets ready to fight and... Gets critical'd by the Yanma my rival took that knows Air Cutter, for some odd reason. Seriously, 1 hitted at the start? Is this going to happen a lot?

Ok, time for round 2. Randomised again, Oak sends out a Zapdos this time and I go through the routine. Much better lineup this time, a choice between Zangoose, Octillery and an Electrike. Taking Octillery this time, since a water Starter has always done me well in the past. Clunk the Octillery kills the Zangoose despite being slower through judicious abuse of water gun.

Since it's the first time, I decided the Nuzlocke would really begin once I got pokeballs. First pokemon I bump into on Route 1 is... A Wooper, promptly named Kipper. Right after that, I bump into an Entei. Seriously?

I decide to train my two water types on Route 1, since it's utterly infested with fire types due to the randomiser. After a close run with a Beautifly that knows absorb, I manage to get both Clunk and Kipper up to level 9 and 8. I venture onto Route 22 in hopes of catching another pokemon that might aid in my quest and the first one I see is... Zubat. Well, I guess a Crobat might be nice. After a serious scare with a critical hit that left my soon to be prize with a sliver of health, Ace the Zubat is now a member of my team. Time to grind him up.

Current Team:

Clunk the Octillery - Level 9
    Kipper the Wooper - Level 8
    Ace the Zubat - Level 4

Edit: An update from last time.

Moving onto Route 2, I manage to catch Bugsy the Pineco. Never used a Forrestress before, but it might make a good emergancy tank for healing with the half steel typing. Moving into Viridian Forest to get my next catch and it's... Gyarados. Ire, as he is named, is a lonely little boy who can only spam Thrash. He'll do me well.

While grinding them up, disaster struck. A freak critical knocked out Bugsy. There goes that plan. Trudged through the Forest and saved.

Current Team

Clunk the Octillery - Level 12
    Kipper the Wooper - Level 11
    Ace the Zubat - Level 10
    Ire the Gyarados - Level 9

Graveyard

Bugsy the Pineco - Level 6 (Critxhax)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Alright, I’m bored and that means it’s time for a new Nuzlocke! Let’s play Leaf Green, for nostalgia value.

I name my character and boom, I’m in my bedroom. I don’t know who designed this house, but my television is in the dead center of my room and this concerns me. I grab the Potion from my PC before heading downstairs. The beauty of the old generations is that I’m not accosted by my mother as soon as I step into the kitchen, so I dodge her and head outside. No rivals, no railroading plot; it’s just me heading towards the grass-

Oh, sup Oak. Yeah, the old geezer drags me to his lab where Green, my unfortunately named rival, is waiting. Oak gives us the go ahead to grab a Pokemon, and I choose Charmander, because I feel like it. I named my Charmander Decoy because I had plans to ditch him as soon as I get my next Pokemon, but for reasons stated later, that’s not happening. Green chooses Squirtle, the doofus, and I kick his ass out the door.

I can’t catch any Pokemon yet, so there’s no use fooling around. I grab the package from the PokeMart, throw it at Oak, steal a Pokedex and some Poke Balls, and head straight back to Route One. A Pokemon comes out of the grass and it’s a female Pidgey! D’aw, I can’t wait to catch her-

GODDAMN IT DECOY WHY DID YOU CRIT.

With my Charmander’s claws dripping blood, I head past Viridian City, restless for more Pokemon. Some old man tried to stop me, but one look at my Charmander changed his mind. Another Pidgey pops up, this time male. No accidents happen and I catch him and name him Kalas. Now, I was going to ditch my Charmander, but since this is a Nuzlocke, I’m sure he’ll die of his own accord eventually, so what’s the point of throwing away a meat-shield?

I haven’t played Leaf Green in a long time, and I have to say, I’m really liking the graphics. They touch something deep inside my cold, robotic heart that makes me marvel. Or perhaps that feeling is just indigestion. I haven’t decided.

I’m not ready for Viridian Forest yet, so I head west of Viridian. I hope to get a Nidoran or a Mankey, something interesting- Nope, Rattata. I get his HP down while he Tail Whips for two turns in a row, and if I hadn’t caught him immediately, I shudder to think what could have happened. I name him Klackerz. Now that I have three Pokemon, it’s time to train! I prey upon helpless Route One Pokemon until everyone’s at level 8.

Before Viridian Forest, I head west and find Green, who’s randomly wandering around. I beat his ass and his pathetic Squirtle, and once he runs off crying, I decide it’s time to take on the forest. There’s no way I’d get a Pikachu, so I express no disappointment in finding a Caterpie. She’s easy enough to catch, and I name her Font. We conquer the forest easy enough, and huzzah, Pewter City! I heal up, and stop playing for like a day. When I come back, I went to the patch of grass south of Pewter to train. It was only after I killed a Weedle did I remember I could catch it. UGH.

I train silently and with determination. Everyone was levelling well except for my Rattata, who takes twice the time to level, I swear. Font evolves, and I picture having an amazing Butterfree in the future to tackle all foes. My team’s getting a flying-type theme, but c’mon, flying-types are awesome.

My hopes are dashed, however, when Font immediately dies to a Pidgey. It’s my fault, I admit it. Perhaps leaving Font in at 1HP wasn’t the best idea. If only my Tackle didn’t miss to finish off the Pidgey, maybe things would be different.

Moving on, I level everyone to lvl12 and my Charmander learns Metal Claw. In the distance, I hear the gym call, and I rush in to answer. Pewter’s boring, I need to get to Cerulean and actually do stuff. In the gym’s trainer battle, my Pidgey fights the Geodude, but I’m perplexed when my Gust seems to be affected by Geodude’s Defense Curl. Then I remember the physical/special split hasn’t happened yet and Gust is a physical move. Of all the stupid things…

Okay, time for Brock. Decoy kills the Geodude okay, but that Onix is a problem. I don’t even get the Onix into yellow before it kills my Charmander with Rock Tomb. Welp. I send out Rattata for some Tail Whip helping, and Onix kills him too, not that I care since that Rattata was a bitch to train. I send out my last Pokemon, Kalas! If he dies, there’s no way I’m posting this. I’ll just pretend this never happened. <_< But since I’ve posted this for your pleasure, I have yet to totally humiliate myself. Kalas pulled through with some nice Quick Attacks.

So, 2/3 of my team dead. It sucks.

I heal up with my single Pokemon and go east. Some aide gives me running shoes, FUCKING FINALLY. Walking everywhere is so annoying. I try to avoid most of the trainers so I can come back and murder them with new Pokemon. At the grass before Mt. Moon, I find a Nidoran! Yay, something interesting. I catch her and name her Ash. It’s doubtful I’ll find something good in Mt. Moon, so I double-back for some training. The first one I challenge is a lass. She has a Jigglypuff at lvl14, but it’s okay, it’s just a Jigglypuff.

Five minutes later:

This. Fucking. Jigglypuff.

Ash was out first, but I switched her out for Kalas. First Quick Attack and I get Cute Charmed. Oh boy, I thought, this’ll be fun. Kalas is too in love to attack for the next, like, five turns, and kept being Sung to sleep. I know I could break the attract effect by switching out, but I’m not going to put my poor Nido in danger. Those Pounds hurt like a bitch, so I change tactics and Sand-Attack. It’s funny, whenever I try to actually attack, Kalas can’t, but throwing sand in a lady’s face is apparently okay behavior in my Pidgey’s eyes. The Jigglypuff Defense Curled like a motherfucker, and I got down to my last Potion before I finally offered it.

And that’s where I stopped. Fuck that Pokemon, I’ll play more tomorrow.

Current Team
    Kalas the Pidgey (lvl16).
    Ash the Nidoran (lvl8 ).

Rest in Peace
    Font the Metapod (lvl7). I was stupid, I’m sorry.
    Decoy the Charmander (lvl13). Goddamn it, Rock Tomb.
    Klackerz the Rattata (lvl12). That fucking Onix.

15. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Im not gonna lie Vira, 3 down before 2 gym including your starter has got to be the worst start I've ever seen. :p

16. Vira

High Score:
    I expected them to die quick, Kang, there's no need for surprise. D:

I beat the rest of the trainers before Mt. Moon to help my Nidoran level up, now it’s time for the cave! I use some repel and get to one of those cave tunnels before I let myself find a Pokemon. My luck is paid off and I find a Paras! What a cute little guy; I catch her and name her Cheddar. Then back outdoors to train my new bug-type into something that won’t die. To my horror, I find my Paras is weak to Zubat’s Leech Life. It’s so pathetic I’m ashamed. It takes an hour to level her, and it’s very boring. But when I’m done, I’m ready to go (for reals this time)!

I grab the Bullet Seed TM and teach it to Cheddar to deal with pesky rock-types. The cave is harder than I remember it being, it keeps making me run to the Pokemon Center to starve off any ‘accidents’. Either way, I get through it. I pick up the Dome Fossil since I’ve already trained an Omastar in my White version, but I have no clue if I’ll ever get around to this Kabuto. Ash evolves into a splendid Nidorina, and I already have a Moon Stone waiting for the right moment.

Outside the other end of the cave, I beg the Mega Punch guy to teach my Nidorina his ways, but he tells me Nidorina can’t learn Mega Punch. I was so sure too. ;_;

I reach Cerulean City, heal my Pokemon, and go to the grass to the west. I find a Rattata and kill it because Rattata suck. I train my Pidgey until it evolves into a Pidgeotto, then head to Nugget Bridge! Green’s there, waiting like a jerkass, but he’s nothing compared to my team. After he runs off crying, I trounce the entire bridge. Everyone dies, especially that one Rocket fucker who demands I join his cult thing. I kick his head into the water and everything’s awesome.

Finally, more Pokemon to get! I go into the grass, hoping, praying…

AND MY PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED.

I find an Abra, and I catch said Abra with a single ball! Everything is glorious today. I name him Stojil. Abra’s entire line are fragile motherfuckers, so he’ll probably die, but I’ll enjoy him while he lasts.

Current Team
    Kalas the Pidgeotto (lvl19).
    Ash the Nidorina (lvl19).
    Cheddar the Paras (lvl19).
    Stojil the Abra (lvl10).

Rest in Peace

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Vira... it would seem you ned more LUCk in your team. Hinttedy hint hint~

18. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Alright. Here goes my Nuzlocke (sorta) run of Pokemon Red, with only normal type Pokemon.

Gonna suck before I get past Brock. Currently, my team consists solely of Monreal the 11 Rattata, who is gonna have to get beefier before we meet Brock.

[​IMG]

The adventure continues. Having beaten Brock, I kick the ass of a couple of trainers to the east and catch this little fella in the grass.

[​IMG]

Since he's tiny and sorta adorable, I name him Wilshire and move on to Mount Moon. Many dead Zubat later, I have myself a third addition to the party. Yet again, cute little thing. I name him Cazorla.

[​IMG]

Gary got his ass kicked and now I'm off to get ready for Misty.

No idea, Proudboar.

Gonna fix the links soon-ish.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  19. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Is your Rattata gonna be in the Top Percentage of Rattata?:awesome

20. Vira

High Score:
    I forgot there was another route east of the Nugget Bridge and in it I find a… Pidgey. Too bad. I one-shot it and continue on. I beat all the trainers and visit Bill, who gives me the S. S. Anne ticket.

With that out of the way, I think I’m ready for Misty now. The gym trainers are easily destroyed, and all that’s left is her. Misty sends out Staryu and I send out Ash the Nidorina. LET’S DO THIS. I start off with Secret Power which crits and kills the Staryu. Okay. For Starmie, I decide to stay into Ash to see what Starmie is going to do, only to find that one Water Pulse sends me into yellow. I Potion, but Starmie crits me with Water Pulse and bye bye Nidorina.

I D8 and send out Cheddar the Paras, my only hope. To my utter relief, I’m able to stay relatively healthy and Bullet Seed that Starmie into oblivion. Good fucking riddance. Ash is laid to rest on a hillside that looked over a strange cave across the river, and I hope she rests in peace. :(

Stojil the Abra evolves and learns an actual attack. PROGRESS. Some Rocket guy is blocking my way to Vermillion and I pound his ass into the ground, stealing the TM he stole. I don’t have a use for it yet, but maybe I’ll have one soon. In the grass of that route, I find a Meowth. I catch him and name him Lucky. The guards at Saffron are being dicks, so I use the underground path. Some girl wants me to trade a Nidoran female for a Nidoran male but the request only brings tears to my eyes. On the route before Vermillion I find a Bellsprout. Well, better something than nothing. I catch him and name him Kang.

I dodge the trainers only to find two assholes blocking my path. One of them has a Raticate and without my bulky as fuck Nidorina, I may have a problem. Kalas the Pidgeotto takes on the first person and destroys them, leaving the last. Again, I send out Kalas and he does his duty until faced with the mighty Raticate. YARGH, QUICK ATTACK. It barely puts Raticate in yellow, but HERE COMES THE HYPER FAAAAANG, crit, dead. I look at my team listing with puzzled bemusement. My Pidgeotto didn’t just die on me, did he? I send in my Paras who somehow kills the Raticate.

Fuck this shit, I need more Pokemon.

I heal up in the Pokemon Center, deposit dear Kalas, then it's off to the routes to the east. In Diglett Cave I find a Diglett. Oh noes, not a Diglett! I catch the little bugger and name her Drome. In the grass, I find a Sandshrew. I already have a ground-type now, but whatever, I name the Sandshrew Sesc.

Ah, look at this reviltalized team! I deposit Kang and Sesc for emergencies and take my new Pokemon to the grass north of Vermillion. It’s training time. First thing I find is a Pidgey and I send out Lucky the Meowth. Bite doesn’t do very much, but it doesn’t have STAB, so-

Pidgey Quick Attacks and crit kills my Meowth.

Welp.

Maybe I shouldn’t have named him Lucky, my brother always said naming a cat Lucky just brings bad luck.

Drome the Diglett is more easily trained. My three Pokemon and I clear the route of all the trainers I’m able to access and when I finished, everyone stands at a proud level twenty-one. Oh, if only two of them weren’t fragile fucks, maybe my future would be better.

I’m off to the S. S. Anne now! Wish me luck. D:

Current Team
    Cheddar the Paras (lvl21).
    Stojil the Kadabra (lvl21).
    Drome the Diglett (lvl21).

Box
    Kang the Bellsprout (lvl13).
    Sesc the Sandshrew (lvl13).

Rest in Peace
    Ash the Nidorina (lvl20). Starmie paid for what it did to you.
    Kalas the Pidgeotto (lvl21). Too bad. :(
    Lucky the Meowth (lvl10). You were the unluckiest cat I’ve ever met.