1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A) No one is 100% town right now. Scum and town could make that statement equally well. Its meaningless.

B) Information wins game. And at end game nothing gives more information then reading over posts with the knowledge of lynch results. There is no power role or player worth more then said information.

C) The only people that think a Day 1 NL is preferable to a lynch are naive town players or scum.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

A) A townie is 100% town to themselves. That's my point. You do not let yourself get lynched i.e. by voting for yourself or choosing not to cause a tie.
    B) I am talking solely about the decisions of a townie who is about to get lynched. The rest of the town should absolutely be creating a vote history and trying for a lynch everyday.
    C) Where the fuck did I say I don't want a day 1 no lynch? I would accept a lynch on anyone except myself (though I would fight or help it based on how scummy I think the target is) because any of you could be scum.

3. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Uh huh, that's right. i made a mistake like that in a previous game and felt stupid for doing so.

Fair enough

Uhhhhhhh.....WHAT?

4. fontisian

Bleh, I saw Kalas' reply as I was walking out the door. You know what I meant.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Alright, we have one day and six hours left. Who are our primary targets for today? I've seen Guljons, Fishy Justice, and Sesc being thrown around with varying degrees of scumminess. Since it's Day One, it's unlikely we'll bag a scum player so early in the game, but any information is good information.

6. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @wetnurse, Adderall is one kickass sumbitch for focus.

In day 1, there isn't enough to put a real driving force behind a wagon, so I think the best move is to lynch someone quiet, or someone who's been really on the defensive. I've found that aggressively defensive town isn't much of a thing, so I'm pretty tempted to put the Lynch on LuckyLee.

We still have time so I might post again but I won't vote for 4+ hours because I have to prepare for an interview.

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Lungs pissed me off by bringing up something totally unrelated to the game, thats why I got defensive :/ People who lurk/post little and ask questions without answering them seem the scummiest to me. I'd say my biggest suspicions are on Vira, (again D8), Guljons, and probably Ceasar.

8. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Rather than lynching the inactives, I think voting for someone you find suspicious, even if slightly, should be better.

There is a chance some inactives have important roles, and they might be replaced if the player really don't have time. We won't want them to die just like that.

---------- Post automerged at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

LuckyLee, would you elaborate more on your suspicions?

9. fontisian

Unvote guljons
    In my experience, scum players don't metagame like guljons did about TMNT. Waiting for Sesc's reply before I push a lynch.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Well... my suspicions are purely based on few post or the post feeling weird. Ceasar seems to be trying to hard to be pro town, yet ignores questions directed at himself. Vira made one post as a joke, then asked us about Lynching after inactivity. Guljons just feels off tbh, but my gut isn't exactly hard evidence.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    You flat out don't let yourself get into the situation where your determining your own lynch. But lets Theorycraft Day 1 for a closed set up like this.

Its near Days end, and you are near getting lynched. You've said your piece and people are still voting for you. At this point you should RR and throw any information you have on the table.

If you have some confirmable role, thats best kind. If you have a vital role that scum can't let live at least we know who's being hit.

But if your something non-vital? Vanilla for example? And your vote is the difference between a lynch and a no lynch? Then I firmly believe you vote for yourself.

12. fontisian

That's where we disagree. I think you should vote for the person who is second closest to a lynch, and hope that someone changes their mind.

13. Koalas

High Score:
    Lurking is scummy. See.. whatever game Rubicon RC'd Doctor in.

---------- Post automerged at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Oh absolutely. I'm talking 11th hour you vote determines Lynch or No Lynch bs.

14. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Out of interest Lucky (or anyone else for that matter), what questions have I ignored?

15. guljons

guljons Squib

If we're talking about voting for yourself in a vote that determines Lynch or No Lynch, I wouldn't vote for myself. Especially if I thought the other guy was at least scummy in my eyes. This self sacrifice thing just seems like a thing, that a scum player would push for.
    Even if this in only a vanilla town.

16. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Tilapia.

Speaking of pie...

This sentence reads like you see something. Did you? Or were you dropping it in Caesar’s lap to see what he’d say?

I do not agree. But before I explain, I want to see what you’re getting at.

Now, honestly, I found this interesting. Font supported Wetnurse with this. Wetnurse’s question read like groundwork for a future lynch to me, so this sticks out. The question only has one clear answer to top it off. So why ask?

By the way, Wetnurse, I’m still holding that possibility against you.

Post 105. Vira is calling for action while contributing nothing. Do you have an opinion on any of the three individuals you mentioned?

17. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I have no opinion, Fishy. My scumdar is shit and I don't have any information to go off of. I don't care who we lynch today as long as it's someone.

18. fontisian

Hey Fishy, let me quote that exchange for you.
    TMNT's wording made it sound as if he knows Rents is town (a possible scum slip). You'll notice Wetnurse's question doesn't address whether Rents is town or scum. While Wetnurse's question was strange, but TMNT's wording was worse, hence my question.

Of course, now I'm supicious of you for not including the context.

For the bit about self voting, I'll say that I agree with guljons and leave it at that.

Vira: You've got to give us something.

19. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Fishy

Font's #54 looked bad for me, imo. It's as if Font is defending me after TMNT placed his vote on me. If Font is scum, then this is basically setting me up as a fall guy while she distances herself from TMNT.

I saw this yesterday when I was parsing through the thread and thought it was a bit suspicious. Then I just shrugged it off after I did a reread thinking it seemed like the logical thing to ask after TMNTs #53. Now that you've brought it up too, I guess it really is a bit fishy.

I'd hate to lose Font in this game but from where I am she looks really scummy.

Lynch Vote: Fontisian

20. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I am aware of the exchange, Font. The scum slip idea just didn't cross my mind. I mentioned how I understood TMNT, and that's all I had taken from it. Your response seems fair to me, albeit aggressive.

Lynch Votes

Fishy: Sesc
    Sesc: Sacrifice
    Font: Wetnurse

I'm fairly certain that's what it comes out to. Despite having done little of value so far, Vira has a point. 22 hours remain and time zones are a thing. We need a target and no one is here.

Rushing into a vote for a votes sake has a bigger chance to backfire. So if you have something to say, now is the time. Soft votes are possible, but can be influenced by Scum far more because of the number of votes required.

And to put her on the board until proven otherwise.

Vote: Vira