1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Caesar

Caesar First Year

One case against Wetnurse, as requested.

This reads as set-up for a Rents lynch to me. The question is particularly loaded. The question for Lucky is probably a throw away.

Pretty simple game talk. Seems kind of fillerish.

Ducks answering the question. In combination with his low post count, this is starting to look like deliberately not talking.

This one is very interesting. Responds to pressure with a large post and read wall. The post puts more pressure on Rents, pushing the idea that he's on a team of some sort. Reads are generally null. Subtle pressure on Lucky, font and Sacrifice. Notably skips over Kalas. Also of note is his statement that the worst case scenario is that Sesc is a third party, not that Sesc is scum. Could be due to buying into guljon's meta-reasoning though. He also ignores the value of Day 1 discussion in retrospective analysis.

Attacks font for what actually was, IMO, a fairly logical question. Notably only does this after Fishy brought it up. This is his last post on Day 1.

His first post of Day 2. Standard reaction to non-lynch, followed by mechanics speculation. Promises further analysis. I find his word choice ("magnificent scum") interesting. It's not what I'd have chosen.

Expressed further suspicion of font and launches an attack on Sesc for his part in the end of Day 1. (For the record, I made the exact same mistake in tallying the votes). Strikes me as vaguely opportunistic. Also changes his mind re: the existence of a serial killer and posts more speculation about the night kills. There is an interesting contrast in his statement that "people screwed up and had an NL" and his earlier sentiments.

Conclusions: Set out like this, Wetnurse actually looks fairly scummy to me. He's been pretty lurkerish, if not as bad as guljons, and hasn't really contributed to discussion. His lynch votes also carry the impression of going after vulnerable targets. He's unlikely to be on a scum team with Rents, font or Sesc. He's a good candidate for a team with Kalas.

@ font: Nice analysis.

---------- Post automerged at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

*interesting contrast between*

Seriously, what is wrong with me?

2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hi guys I haven't slept in the longest time, in fact the last post I did was on no sleep for 24 hours to put it in perspective, I'll say things after I wake up, I want to play, but I just cannot into at the moment.

/lolpromiseposts

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nhh, now I feel really bad about not doing the case against Sacrifice. I'll get to it tomorrow.

Rents and guljons: Are you two still playing this game?

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Note:

Effective immediately, Lexicat replaces Guljons.

Day Two Deadline will be extended 24 hours as a result (I'll fix the timer links later).

Please step up the overall activity, or more replacements will ensue.

(This is mostly directed at Wetnurse and Rents)

5. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Hold on a second. So exactly why did you vote for me? I've re-read Font's post several times, and this is what I make of it.

Fontisian's thought process:

assuming Sesc, Font and Luckylee are town,
    Considering the interactions between Lungs, Sacrifice, Kalas and Caesar,

Kalas/Lungs scum team is possible
    Lungs/Sacrifice scum team is possible
    Kalas/Sacrifice scum team is unlikely
    Kalas/Caesar scum team is unlikely
    Lungs/Kalas/Sacrifice scum team is highly unlikely.

all 4 of these players mentioned have a chance of them being scum.

In this situation, I would like to ask you a question regarding

You told fontisian to go through the lynchwagon, while selecting the players Luckylee, yourself, and fontisian to be assumed town. Look back at the lynch votes.

Vira (4): LuckyLee, Sesc, Fishy Justice, Sacrifice
    Fishy Justice (4): Caesar, Kalas, Fontisian, Vira
    Fontisian (3): Wetnurse, Rents, Guljons
    Abstaining: Lungs

The ones in lime are the ones assumed to be town. Red for the two players that have died and confirmed town.

We know that scums nearly always try to split up their votes to evade being seen as a scumteam, so that if one of them is caught, the others wont be immediately suspected.
    There's only one person in the Vira lynchwagon who could be scum according to your scenario. That would be me, Sacrifice. It's almost as if you are trying to set me up. I could do the same by asking Fontisian to analyse the lynchwagon by asking the very same question you asked.

" Run through the votes and the lynchwagons on the assumption that I (replace Sesc with Sacrifice here) am Town, and Luckylee too confused to be part of a Mafia team. Also keep in mind what you pointed out when the day started. What would you say?"

^@fontisian, I would love it if you can answer this.

So, my question to you is, Sesc, why did you ask this question, and how did fontisian's answer lead you to lynch voting me?
    ------------------------------------------

Also, another question,

I want you to answer the very same question you asked me.

6. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Can I ask why the fuck people think they can VCA with 2 townies flipped, when neither wagon resulted in a lynch?

Because if you think that's anything but counter-productive, you're flat out wrong.

Excuse me while I gather some things and tell you what's up.

---------- Post automerged at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

This is an awful post.

But rather than tell you why this post has absolutely zero town intent, let's see who wants to earn some town cred!

Quiz time, kiddies: Who can tell me why this post has zero town motivation?

---------- Post automerged at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Speaking of, here is another shining example.

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I sure hope I'm driving this point home for people. Firstly, the cognitive dissonance of saying multiple times there's no use in reads on day 1, followed by a definitive stance on Sesc when he replaces in.

Further, a throw away comment being worried about looking like scum. I'll let you guys figure out why that one is scummy.

Vote: LuckyLee

This is the lynch for today.

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Oh yeah, and the most town player in this game currently is Caesar.

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

8. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Welcome to the game, Lexicat. No, you're not just going to throw in a statement like that without an explanation. Why do you find Caesar "most town"?

9. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Yeah you can be scum too, friend. You want to ignore everything else, but question me on my town read?

Well I refuse! Explaining town reads is an anti-town practice, and I won't participate in it. ^-^

If you'd like to hear why explaining and elaborating on town reads is an anti-town practice, I'll be glad to give you a thesis on it ^-^

---------- Post automerged at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I wasn't sure if the VCA was just bad town play, or scum play, but the way you totally ignored my posts about lucky!scum to nitpick at my town reads was a good tipping of the scale.

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

That's sweet of you, but you did it all by yourself. And I don't know who Fishy Justice protected. It's impossible to say, and thus not important.

@all: Can I have a few more reactions than resounding silence? That's a reaction on its own and all, but hearing stuff is cool too. Do you like Sacrifice's posts so far, today? Kalas? Lungs?

Hi and welcome to the forums. Do you want to be kicked out again?

11. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

:facepalm I'm not going to "ignore everything else". In fact, your entire post seems logical until out of nowhere, "Caesar is most town". Then again, I think I can see why explaining town read is -ve town.

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Excuse me? You're gonna have to elaborate, I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

13. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Are you intentionally ignoring this?

14. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Then give me a reason not to want to kill you, and read/react to the post. If it's so logical, perhaps you can answer my question about town motivation?

---------- Post automerged at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Don't leave me alone friendsssssss. I wanna talk!

:(

15. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Yes, because it's a dumb question. I wrote why -- I wanted to see if she arrived at the same conclusion I did. Seeing that she did, I saw no reason not to lynch you. Do you like your posts today?

@Lexicat: I'm just asking because the tone of your posts sounds like it. And no, we are most certainly not lynching Luckylee today. I can't quite decide whether you don't know Luckylee, or you do, and are intentionally picking on an easy target.

16. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I told you, I found your post logical until suddenly you slap on a "Caesar is town" in your post merge.

I agree with most of your views regarding Luckylee, in which he makes really terrible posts.

Regarding your town motivation question, Luckylee posted

Town should be actively trying to seek out scum. Not sit back and be like "eh, everyone seems townie, let's sip a cup of tea and let the others talk". That's scummy behaviour.

The line "everyone has seemed pretty townie so far" made no sense. If you are town, if you do not have a read on someone, you would give the person a null-read, without dismissing the fact that he/she could be scum. My stance is that "I do not trust anyone because any one of you can be scum"

17. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I have an aggressive playstyle, and I see nothing wrong with anything I've posted. Everything I've said has been about the game.

I have no idea who LuckyLee is, or about the quality of his play. Doesn't matter, since that's a fallacy. "Bad" players have an equal chance to be scum as "good" players. It's not about his posts being subjectively bad, or being an easy target.

They simply do not display a town mindset or intent within themselves.

---------- Post automerged at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Oh, and in addition Sesc, while I don't need your vote to lynch Lucky today, would you like to explain to me in a reason that isn't "he's an easy target" why exactly my read is wrong? Perhaps you can begin by examining my logic and telling me why it's wrong.

---------- Post automerged at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

That's good enough for me, Sacrifice. I'm satisfied enough to not want you dead right now. Yay! ^-^

Now, why aren't you voting Lucky~?

18. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

A dumb question is what you just posted. What kind of question is that?

You claim that you want to see if she arrived at the same conclusion as you did. In which, your conclusion was this
    1) Fontisian, Luckylee are definitely town.
    2) Sacrifice is scum for a reason I refuse to explain
    3) I shall lynch Sacrifice

I am alarmed at the fact that you simply ignored the possibility that Luckylee and fontisian could be scum. If you are scum, either Luckylee or Fontisian is your scumbuddy, in which, Luckylee being your scum buddy is way more likely.

Unvote
    Vote: Sesc

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Sacrifice, why would you vote Sesc over Lucky?

20. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Luckylee is a new player and though his posts look scummy, there is a chance it could be derp town behaviour.

Sesc is a veteran player, and his posts felt completely off , beginning from the post where he first voted against Fishy Justice. To add on to that, before he replaces TMNTurtwig, TMNTurtwig was acting mighty suspicious.

I think Sesc is more scummy than Luckylee. So I voted for Sesc and not Luckylee.

That's why in a summary.