1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Lungs is pretty neutral to me, but possibly, that's because I can't recall the last time I played with him. Nothing sticks out, and I dunno if that's how he plays. There was just one thing where I now stopped for the third time -- whenever I read through the thread, and reach post #175:

I pause. I dunno. It's weird, it hasn't even anything to do with the game itself, and I can't really explain why either. Just because that statement was objectively wrong? No idea. You didn't quote that post, Caesar, so thought I'd add it here.

2. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Hmm. Must have skipped past it. I'll go back and look at the context, see if I can shake anything loose.

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    unvote

Fine... fucker :p

I'll toss a real vote later then

4. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Guys, sorry about being gone the past few days. I was travelling the past 48 hours and couldn't get a reliable internet connection. I'll do a reread of what's been happening then weigh in.

5. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    K, I'll do that. I'm a bit tired, I expect to sleep until ~2/3 am (7 or 8 hours from now), or fuck around on IRC until then, then kinda step up to the plate because exhaustion. (post a case against someone, or something).

6. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

:facepalm If only you had done this sooner Sesc, we could've cleared this up multiple posts ago. Your "nah, I'm not explaining this, it's obvious" attitude does completely nothing to help me to understand you.

Fine. I've did have "issues with reading comprehension". I truly thought what you meant was that "we should not discuss Fishy and Vira since they both flipped town and that is what mafia wants". My mistake here.

As if you would be that obvious and say "I doctored the results". I thought you were doing that, I asked Fontisian to re-answer your question in a different point of view to confirm my thinking that it will end up with the same result, just that with yours and my name switched. Oh look, it turned out the exact way I said it would.

-----

Regarding the Fishy protection target question. Your answer was not just "I don't know who Fishy Justice protected. It's impossible to say."

It was
    Which to me wasn't a proper answer, at all. I also don't know why you would leave out the last line in your answer. It should be fairly obvious by now, but I like to analyse the entire thread and every single posts to point out an issue.

For your question I honestly thought that I should do the same, in which I did re-read the entire fucking thread just to make post #251. It just so turns out that my analysis shows that I am the most probable protection target. Had Fishy given anyone else town-reads, (other than Wetnurse), my answer might have been that person too.

Should I have answered "fuck if I know man, I'm not Fishy so I don't know who he protected, this is not even important" to your question? Because that's what your answer essentially says, which kinda got me mad. I expected a proper analysis which actually tries to seek out Fishy's protection target.

Oh right, fontisian have said this earlier on but
    If you are Fishy's protection target, step out NOW

I'm referring to this, either you know and you're intentionally cropping this out, or you honestly don't know what I'm talking about. What I meant by "not just everyone" was that you also specifically called out Kalas and Lungs.

Of course she would assume she is Town. I was talking about your assumption that she and Luckylee are both town when you lynch voted me. Because you did not explain why, I thought your lynch vote was completely based on Fontisian's answer to your question alone.

My point being your posts against me are based on Fontisian's posts, and also it just so appears to me that Fontisian and you are working as a pair.

Like I said, this is probably meta-gaming and the two of you have similar reads in other games, hence why you asked Fontisian instead of anyone else. I did not know that until Fontisian pointed that out in
    which was after I of course, already posted #265. Personally I think meta-gaming is terribad.

Now look here, if I think my own posts are scummy, do you think I would've still posted them?

What are you on about? Of course I find my own posts perfectly fine before I post them (save for those automerges where I forget to put in stuff and such).

God damn. My point was proving that your question was so flawed that I could simply turn it around and change the entire result just by answering it from another point of view, which was what I asked fontisian to do.

I was pointing out that using that fontisian's answer to your own question to prove that I am scummy is completely invalid due to its bias nature. You say your lynch-vote of me was not just because of it, fine then. Had you said exactly what were you voting me for, I would not have wasted so much time regarding that.

Then why didn't you vote for me at that point? Also, I have already answered fontisian regarding this New Day post.

I was expressing my displeasure that both lynchwagon targets were town, I don't care if you think it's reverse gloating because it isn't.

I have no further points against you as of now.
    I want to lynch you because I thought you were setting me up for lynch with your question to fontisian, as well as intentionally not answering your own "who is Fishy's protection target" question properly (according to my perception) after you notice that it makes me look bad. Also, your "my points are obvious and you are stupid for not noticing them" attitude is snobbish as hell.

I may post a full read-wall later on, I have enough information now.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I find it strange that Rent's two scummiest reads are on the people he voted with yesterday.

Sacrifice: Could you give me some scum reads (other than Sesc)?

Caesar: What do you think of the Sacrifice/Sesc argument?

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    World's are distractin :(

Post 44:
    First post of the game. Still basically in RVS, making the LL question a completely useless throwaway. Annoyance with Rents is understandable, dissonance between part 1 and part 3 less so. May have been trying to go for pressure.. but that question is just really bad.
    Post 59:
    Decent mechanics discussion, seems to be coming from the right place even if the logic itself is slightly flawed.
    Post 85:
    Worthless. You don’t have cases formed Day 1. Opinions are formed the second you read a post.

Post 94:
    Oh look. Opinions (or something)! On Day 1!

Doesn’t seem to understand how implied content work. Seems really uneager to peg me as scum due to lack of content, though that very well may be so it couldn’t be flipped back on him. A lot of words said but just sooooo little content.
    Only thing worth the post is his fonti comment which I actually agree with.

Post 119:
    Convoluted is a word I guess? I don’t feel directly asking your scum buddy if they KNOW, not feel KNOW, someone is town is distancing.
    (also fall guy kinda makes himself when he doesn’t post. Just sayin.)
    Post 220:
    Understandable outrage over the lynch results. Ironic in that he hadn’t posted for a full 24 hours before Day’s end. Mechanics discussion that, while not completely useless, is utterly obvious for anyone who’s played mafia before. So filler. Firm statement of doing something which I actually like.
    Post 243:
    People have said there piece on this before but I’ll throw my two cents in. Scum would not intentionally cause a N1 NL on two town. Someone MIA for 24 hours trying to place any kind of blame is laughable. Additionally Vira was the last vote. And anyone reading thread in the last couple minutes, myself included, is just as guilty for the NL as anyone else.

The switch from serial killer to Vigilante in 20something posts was the only Interesting thing in this whole post.

Bottom line.. Wetnurse isn’t playing this game. He’s making the bare minimum of input to remain unreplaced. No more, no less.

Personally I don’t find this scummy behavior (its beyond lurking for clarification) but its also about as far from town as you can be. Keep him on the backburner to be sure but there are better lynch targets out there, and better people to discuss.

9. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Here comes the readwall.

Livelist

Caesar
    Fontisian
    Lexicat
    Kalas
    LuckyLee
    Lungs
    Rents
    Sacrifice
    Sesc
    Wetnurse

Caesar
    Caesar has been asking a lot of questions Day One, mainly "what do you think of X?" to another player. Seems as though he is testing their reactions, or maybe just posting fillers.

He then questioned Sesc regarding Fishy Justice lynch. He lynch voted Wetnurse for inactivity as well as his "lynch Rents if he fucks up" question. Later on posted a read-wall of his own.

On Day Two, he made 4 case studies in total, against Kalas, Wetnurse, me as well as Lungs. He also told several people to make cases of their own against someone else. Seems to be actively asking people for more reads. He also pressures Wetnurse and Rents to post.

Analysis:
    Caesar is towny. He actively encourages discussion in thread, as well as giving reads of his own.

Fontisian
    She was the one who first tried to stop the RVS, though she started it first. Answers my question regarding how to play in a closed set up in detail, and gives a few advice of her own. Puts pressure on guljons. Post questions to people regarding their reads. Posted some mechanics regarding a no-lynch vs lynch that 100% kills town. Pressures Sesc after reading my post. Short exchange with Rents who lynch voted her.

Posted a readwall. Pressures Kalas and tells Lungs not to abstain.

A sudden flipflop and voted for Fishy instead.

During Day 1 ending phase, said that she would change her vote to Vira in order to avoid a tie. In other words she wanted a lynch.

This kinda contradicted what she said earlier on regarding "No lynch is better than 100% town lynch", seeing that she did not mention at all that Vira is scummy.

Day 2, calls me out on my summary. Provides some reads of her own as well as asking for reads from others. Says that Fishy protection target should step out and reveal him/herself. Also gave case studies when requested to do so. Was certain that Fishy was killed by scum somehow.

Analysis
    Fontisian is a null read for me. She has been quite actively contributing to the thread and seems generally towny. The part I don't like is the Day One contradiction on her stance, and that she seemed pretty sure Vira was not killed by scum.

---------------------

I will post the rest of my reads later.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Did you not notice my read wall from before I switched my vote? Honestly, even if I thought Vira looked towny at that time, that wouldn't have made her 100% town in my eyes. :facepalm

I expect that there was a scum kill, and I think scum killing Vira would have been beyond stupid. Conclusion: Fishy was probably the scum kill, whether directly or indirectly. How many times do I have to say it?

tl:dr You're reaching, man. I'm really looking forward to the rest of your reads, but not in a way that bodes well for you.

11. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I know you've said it. I know you explained it. I'm just saying, and that's my point of view.

12. Sesc

Nope, still not there, Sacrifice. But do keep trying.

So you think I and fontisian are together in a Mafia team? That's good. Except then I'd like to know why your answer to "give us your top three Mafia reads" is Kalas, me and, uh, Vira? Perhaps you think it's Kalas, me, Vira, and fontisian? Eidolonic could have accidentally posted the wrong alignment for Vira, or perhaps she's both. So Vira is and isn't Town, and together in a team with me, Kalas and fonti. Except you raised also the objection that Luckylee shouldn't be considered Town.

So possibly, your Mafia team is Kalas, me, Vira, fontisian and Luckylee? It keeps getting rather crowded there.

But maybe not? So fontisian and I work as a pair, but I'm Mafia and she is not. I suppose if Vira can be Mafia and Town, that works too. And it also works that you still think I asked fontisian about the lynch votes for meta reasons, when she had posted them beforehand in this thread, and it also works that Mafia killed Vira despite her being Mafiatown, as indicating that Town killed her is odd.

So, to summarise: I'm in a Mafia team with fontisian. fontisian is not Mafia. Luckylee is not Town, and Kalas and Vira are Mafia, but not in my team. Vira also wasn't killed by Town, as fontisian says. This makes her suspicious (but not Mafia (she's still in my team though)).

Did I get it right?

13. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

No no, that's not quite what I meant. I posted my first Day One + Day Two read, which included Vira, and forms up the top three scum suspects. I did say that I was completely wrong when Vira flipped town. You say I don't read your posts, what about you?

Not quite.

My scum reads are you, and Kalas, also, the additional read when Luckylee exploded at Lexicat.

Scum team possibility one:
    Kalas
    Sesc
    Luckylee

This is the scenario in which I consider Fontisian town. You aggro-ed Luckylee in Day One, perhaps to show that you are not distancing.

However, from your interaction with fontisian, there is a possibility that you are working together with fontisian, which results in this scum team instead.

Kalas
    Sesc
    Fontisian

In this case, I assume Luckylee is just nervous derpy town that seems scummy.

Or it could be Sesc/Fontisian/Luckylee scum team with Kalas as the serial killer, or Kalas could be town. Or I'm completely wrong and only one of you are scum.

Anyway, I find you, Sesc, most scummy, so I voted against you, and not against Font, Luckylee, or Kalas.

I think it is near impossible to have a 4-person scumteam, purely based on game mechanics. We need 4 person to soft-lynch, hence it is pretty unlikely that scums will have a 4 person team. Therefore, a Kalas/Sesc/Fontisian/Luckylee scumteam is highly unlikely.

It is however, possible that there is a serial killer. If this is the case, we will probably see two deaths Night 2 again. If it was a Vigilante kill, there will probably be only one death, from mafia NK.

------------
    I kinda wanted to post these AFTER I post my full reads, but since you asked, I might as well answer.

It appears that we have a lot of miscommunications, Sesc, or my english is that bad.

14. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Alright, there are so many walls in this game, I've tried to scan for specific questions to me.

Can anyone who had anything they wanted to ask me/wants me to explain why Lucky is scum again tell me again?

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The walls drown everything :(

@Lexi: Is LL still a superior lynch then Sacrifice? A little reasoning plox

16. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

LL is completely a superior lynch to Sacrifice, because I'm not sold on Sacrifice being scum.

17. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Why, exactly?

@font: rereading now. Will answer later.

@Kalas: Thank you. Just wanted something to contrast my own analysis with.

18. Sesc

Err. Now I do get that there are a lot of quite long posts, and that's a little tedious. That was one reason I didn't really want to wade through Sacrifice's nonsense. But can anyone explain to me how playing the game works, if you don't read ALL the posts?

For instance, I would be much obliged if everyone could read this post.

Also, @Rents you promised a real vote. Time is ticking away.

I can't even comprehend the thought process that goes into this reasoning. Why would anyone even ... But fine, your "top three suspects" are ... two. Now, look here:

BEFORE:
    DURING:
    DIRECTLY AFTER:
    LATER AFTER
    LATER LATER AFTER

Keep in mind that I made my post asking fontisian between #1 and #2. In #2, you call her "pro-town", as in, whatever I posted had had zero influence on your opinion. Then you tag that line onto your post, reversing what you just wrote, still without taking into account my post.

Then, you explicitly proclaim either Luckylee or fontisian to be my team mate and settle on Luckylee. In every rational world would what you just wrote would mean that fontisian is cleared. But instead, you next bring up a team of me/fontisian, forgetting all about Luckylee ... and then in your latest read, you proclaim fonti Null again?

You can't keep your targets straight, dude.

And no, no that does not follow. You can't claim it could be this, that or nothing of the sort, and then base your reasoning as to why I appear scummy on the 'this' part of it.

If you want to find me suspicious because I keep working with fontisian, then SHE is suspicious too. If you DONT think she's suspicious, then you don't get to say I am suspicious for working with her. You create scenarios that cover everything in existence, and the pick one of it to prove I am suspicious while still maintaining everyone could be everything. It doesn't work like that.

19. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

*shrugs* I like to keep an open mind. I am posting scenarios in order for players to reference with because I want to know what everyone thinks and see which scenarios are not that possible. This way I get to check if I have any flaws in my thought process, and correct them along the way.

So are you telling me the way I am playing this game wrong, or what? :confused: I haven't played a closed setup before, and based on my prior game experiences, what I did was coming up with various different viewpoints so that we can seek out the truth as to what happened, and see if we can catch anyone redhanded.

You could be making it SEEM as though you are working with fontisian while you are actually working with Luckylee or the other way round so that if you get lynched and flip scum, we don't know which one to go after next.
    That's what I thought could happen, which will explain

Also, that isn't the only reason I find you suspicious, I have explained quite a lot in my previous posts, and I don't feel like going through them again.
    I didn't vote fontisian because I think she was scum. I did it to pressure her in response to that statement she made, in which she gave a rather satisfactory answer. I attempted to continue the pressure and she calmly replied me. I did not know if it would be a good idea to reveal Fishy's protection target, so I made use of the chance to ask. At this point I was going to unvote fontisian anyway, but I decided to wait a while for more posts so I can see who to pressure next. Then you showed up with your lynch vote on me. I'm not going to go through all that again, I think what has been clarified has already been clarified.

---------------------------
    It is already well into the Day. Since Fishy's protection target did not reveal him or herself, either
    1) Fishy ate a direct kill
    2) Fishy protected scum, and he/she is keeping quiet for whatever reason
    3) Fishy protected town, and he/she is keeping quiet for whatever reason
    Again, this is fairly obvious but, you know, I am posting it because I am still as of now unsure if Fishy protected anyone, and not sure if that matter is important.

---------------------------

Part 2 of read-wall coming up in a while

---------- Post automerged at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Continuation of read-wall

guljons -> Lexicat

guljons: Made 5 posts in total, mostly discussing game mechanics. Vote lynched fontisian. (I don't have much to analyse here)

Lexicat: Jumps into the thread and posted a case against Luckylee immediately. Does not think that VCA works in here. Declares that she plays aggressively. Wants Luckylee dead, to the point that she completely ignores all other reads and tunnels on Luckylee alone. Refuses to discuss town reads and explained why in #307.

Note her out of nowhere "Oh yeah, and the most town player in this game currently is Caesar." and "Also, Lungs is p. town atm for me."

She has a "I don't care what you think and I am definitely right" attitude, until #316 where she posts a question to Lungs.

Analysis:
    Lexicat is null leaning scum. She attacks Luckylee like a homing missle, right off the bat. Did nothing much to contribute to discussion other than something like "Luckylee is scum, lynch him guys! Why are you people not lynching him?" Also, seems to be rather insistent on not talking about anything else other than lynching Luckylee.

@Lexicat maybe, you should elaborate more on one person compared to another, so you could persuade us to lynch Luckylee instead of anyone else. I don't really like the way you answered Kalas in #356.

Kalas
    After RVS, posts a question to Caesar regarding who he is worried the most as scum. Does not appear to have his own stand regarding any players. Brief discussion about no-lynch with fontisian and guljons. Later on,
    Hmmmmm, his wording "with guljons as a back up" strike me as odd.
    Later on calls me out on my "definitely avoid a no-lynch" stance, which sounded like an accusation to me.
    He explains later on in Day Two that he thinks it makes no sense that I unvoted Sesc to avoid a no-lynch situation. After I explained that my vote actually did break a tie, he did not follow up.

Analysis:
    Kalas is scummy. He never placed himself in a position without leaving a way to back out from. It seems as though he is playing rather cautiously and "testing the water" in his posts.
    Scum is naturally more cautious when playing since they are doing their best not to get lynched, while Town are generally less so since they are seeking scum to lynch them. Some sort of a natural instinct thing. Also, his post that says guljons is his backup lynch just completely sounds scummy.

Luckylee
    Day One, Luckylee posted
    Which seems like he is simply trying to add content to the thread. Posts for the sake of posting, just so because
    and then he posted

which once against appear as though he is simply trying to add content, without the intention of catching scum.
    He reads font and Lungs town. He finds the lurkers scummy. Posts a read-wall after pressure from Lungs (who asked for a read wall)and Sesc (though Sesc told him to post a case against 1 player instead of a read-wall).

Vote lynches Vira, a lurker. Later on said
    from Sesc's pressure before Sesc unvoted.

Day Two, he gets confused on why didn't the Day Start post say that the players were Lynched instead of Killed. This seems to be a new player mistake. After Lexicat's post, he got super defensive, which seems scummy to me. Now that I re-read that very post, I have a question.
    @Luckylee, you used the word "Although", I cannot comprehend what you mean.

Later on he made a case against me. In which his part about me being meta-gamey made no sense. I already replied to him regarding his case, and he hasn't replied yet.

Analysis:
    Luckylee is either scum or derpy town, with a higher chance of being scum thanks to his outburst at Lexicat. Day One he is posting for the sake of posting, instead of seeking out scum. Makes no effort to scumhunting. He either doesn't know what to do(derpy town), or he is scum and is not helping out in taking out one of his scumbuddies.

Lungs
    Refer to #285.

Analysis: Lungs is towny for actively contributing to the thread, posting reads and while asking others to post more. As mentioned earlier, his drunk post might be faked. Then again, real life stuff shouldn't be questioned, if I recall correctly it's mafia ethics.

Rents

What the fuck am I supposed to analyse?

Analysis:Null

Sacrifice

I'm not doing this shit

Sesc

Refer to my entire exchange with him, go figure.

Analysis: Sesc is scum. Reasons: Go read the thread.

Wetnurse

Another What the fuck am I supposed to analyse?

Analysis: Null
    ----------------------------------------

Did I miss out anyone? If I did, say so.
    The timer is ticking down and Day ends in early morning for me again. I'm keeping my vote on Sesc. I'll stick around for one or two more hours before going to sleep. Maybe, just maybe I might wake up in time before deadline to see what's going on.

I don't want a no-lynch no matter what. Preferably the one lynched isn't me.

---------- Post automerged at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

edit: How the heck did that colour on Rents read fail? -_-

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    VOTE TALLY

Votals:
    Sesc (2): Wetnurse, Sacrifice
    Kalas (1): Caesar
    Sacrifice (3): TMNTurtwig/Sesc, Lungs, Luckylee
    Luckylee (1): Lexicat/Guljons
    Caesar (1): Fontisian

Abstaining (2): Kalas, Rents

With 10 alive, it is 6 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch.

Time To End Of Day: 6 hours and 6 minutes.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013