1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

To create as much content before whomever we decide to lynch actually does get lynched so we have more to analyse. The more real info we have the better our chances are. Analysing RVS is better than sitting with our thumbs up our asses Lungs.

2. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Hmm. Riley does have a point about actually playing the game rather than faffing about in RVS.

Fishy: When do you think would be the optimum time to implement font's massclaim?

Blab: How would you decide on who should claim first?

Riley: Analyse one of the answers.

3. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

@Caesar: That is highly conditional. As Font said, it's only a better form of mass claim, the problem comes down to whether or not to actually mass claim.

As a previous example, Mini Mafia 4, there was almost a definite three man scum team. One scum was dead, you outed a second scum, Lungs revealed Kalas' role, and my death as a bodyguard implied a lack of a doctor. All these factors made a town mass claim relatively harmless.

A lot of stars aligned for that possibility. This is a closed set up, and it's the third page of the first day. We know next to nothing, and anything can happen. So I don't know when the best time to do so would be, or if such a chance will even come about.

That's not even bringing up activity levels. Since the very method discourages discussion during that claim time, if one player takes too long to claim for some reason that's a problem.

So simply put, Font's suggestion is a method to keep in mind. A method we can use if, and only if, we come to the conclusion that a mass claim is a good idea.

4. Caesar

Caesar First Year

@Fishy: Phrased that question poorly. I meant what circumstances do you think make a mass claim practical. Sorry.

5. blab

blab Second Year

Well, we would probably vote on it. I really don't see any other way to make those that seem scummy at that moment claim first. Probably the best way to do it would be that everyone gives 3 points to the one he thinks is scummiest, 2 to the second scummiest, 1 to the third. Claiming in order of points.
    Maybe if we are pressed for time and have a town-firmed player, that one could decide.

Unvote
    Vote: Lungs

do something helpful instead of prolonging silliness

6. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

@Caesar: Same answer. Because this is a closed set up there are a lot of unknowns.

As a general rule of thumb, it would be a time in which a mass claim is unlikely to do much if any damage to town. This could happen if enough roles are revealed through death or claims, or if enough of the right scum are dead. (Preferably scum with powers as opposed to goons) Or if we're feeling pretty confident (I'm talking an info role reveal here) in the scum faction's fate.

It's impossible to say when or how these conditions can be met, but there they are.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Break time again!

I think its probably a good idea to actually start playing properly now.

On that note:

Caesar - How would you propose determining if we have a third party in this game? Also how would you determine the size of the scumteam?

Fishy - what's your take on Riley so far?

Sesc - who do you rate as the most suspicious at this point in time?

8. Riley

For Caesar: Fishy answer was extremely pro town, and also extremely logical. The fact that Fishy was able to respond to both angles of the same question made me feel a bit less paranoid around him.

Blab's silence when I know he was in the thread is deafening to me.

I have one specific question for anyone who wants to answer: How is my play style so far? Am I scummy or townish or an derp?

9. blab

blab Second Year

What silence?

10. Riley

No questions for others. You answered the one posed to you and that is good, but not asking questions is kind of stupid when the whole point is to generate momentum. Your lynch vote is somewhat good though as Lungs HAS done nothing but derped around.

Do you have anything to ask anyone? Or do you prefer to lurk for the most part?

11. Caesar

Caesar First Year

@Fishy, Blab and Riley: Thanks guys.

@Aek: I generally prefer leaving speculation about potential third parties until at least Day 2. Then at least we have the number of night kills and the identity/allegiance of those killed to work off.

As to the size of the scum team, Eid likes to mix it up from time to time. Hmm. Aside from the standard three-man scum team, I could see a four man scum team, or three and a serial killer type third party. Four and a serial killer would be pushing it. I know this is a somewhat mod-gamey answer but I don't have a lot to work from and this sort of analysis isn't a strength of mine. Sorry. Hope this is what you're looking for.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Goddamnit, Riley. Why must you always be scummy ;_; Post #15. WHAT.

@Aekiel: Everyone asking questions and talking about mass claim mechanics. Is there any particular reason I get that question?

@blab: Is this your first game of Mafia, or have you played before?

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    Sesc: I don't think you had posted at that point. Also you're generally pretty good with gut instinct stuff, in my experience.

14. blab

blab Second Year

@Riley: I don't want to lurk. (And I do want to generate discussion, though others apparently pose better questions.)

Though here, have a question:
    Of the random votes on page 2 (since Prophylaxis said RVS is over), do you feel any one there could be there to deliberately sabotage discussion?

@Sesc This is my second game, the first one was live in Highschool (~8-9 grade). So basically fresh meat.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    Also, now that I'm back on my computer.

Sesc: Could you give me a single answer rather than a brush off?

16. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Yo dawg, we heard you like discussions, so we're going to have a discussion about discussions.

No, but seriously though, Aekiel, changing your play style from seeming scummy to making a super scummy first post is not applause worthy. In fact, it looks sorta like scum defending, that is if you tilt your head none.

Okay, Riley, what's with the aggro against Caesar? And then you just forget about your lynch vote and your declaration that he was scum, and go right to being discusso-buddies.

And since asking questions seems to be the shiznit around here, have a free one on me blab: Why is Prophylaxis the sole authority on when we can and can't place random votes?

17. Caesar

Caesar First Year

I see you browsing the thread TMNT. Anything to add?

18. blab

blab Second Year

He isn't, the only reason I mentioned his post (the last one one page one) is because you don't have to view the thread with 20 post/page. (Well, and because it's ironic)

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    You've only played with Riley once. You don't understand how big of a change this is. He has NEVER came off as town. Ever. So while it's metagaming in the biggest sense imaginable, I'm willing to wait and see if this new approach gives us a better read on him beyond derp scum. Because seriously, it's getting really annoying lynching him only to find that he's town.

As well as that, day one scum hunting isn't that important. There's very little info to go on and the first lynch is either random or based on who's derped the most in the first five pages. What is important is getting people to put their opinions out there and getting a lynch that we can use to decide what happens on day two.

20. Caesar

Caesar First Year

While I disagree with Aek on the importance of Day 1 scumhunting, he's right that it's important for people to express their opinions and contribute to the discussion. With that in mind: Lungs, TMNT and Bill, please post something. (There are others, those three were just the first to occur to me.)