1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft FTB - New server!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Alindrome, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

We'll be updating to the latest version.

2. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Hiya. Like Jon said, I've been snowed under with stuff to do this week - on Saturday I move back to uni and I've been running around like a crazy person sorting stuff out.

All's going well now, so on Friday afternoon I'm going to restart the server.

Make sure you're ready by then - I'm not yet :p - keep poking me if the server's down on IRC by pinging me.

After Saturday I might not have internet access for a time, but all should be good by then for a while.

This is my current subscription list about the server - please post or message me if you're not on this when you should be:

Castiel, SmileOfTheKill, Luckylee, Bill Door, CheddarTrek, Aekiel, Athanatos, Calz, CareOtters, enembee, Gizmore, IdSayWhyNot, Jon, Kalas, Kensington, Luckylee, Minhoto, Mknote, Rents, Tomster10010, All-Powerful-Oz, TSN

EDIT: A question to you all - would you like the next world to have BoP worldgen in the overworld or not? BoP makes things a little messy, but it is pretty cool to have and gives the world a lot of flavour. Just sticking with vanilla generation is a lot neater and potentially less hard to build in, though. Lemme know what you think.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

As long as it doesn't affect the running of the game, I'm all for BoP.

4. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

Meh, I still prefer ExtraBiomes. It may have fewer biomes than BoP, but I think they're more fleshed out. Plus I like EB's acacia wood. But, barring EB, I'll take BoP.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like BoP when it isn't giving me unnamed items. I'm cool with it.

6. Alindrome

Okay! We're now running the latest recommended version of FTB Unleashed, version 1.1.3.

Installation instructions:

1. Hit 'edit modpack' on the launcher and open up the interface. Enable everything EXCEPT EnchantingPlus, NetherOres and Vending.
    2. Launch that sucker up and connect.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I have been trying it again and again for the past 2 days but it just refuses to work. Whenever I try to "Launch" the modpack in FTB, the console says "Logging in..." for a few minutes and then gives an error about being unable to connect to Mojang. I can login and play via the vanilla launcher fine. I have tried re-installing Java several times, turned of my firewall and don't have any antivirus.

Anyone faced this? Any idea how I might be able to fix this?

8. Jon

Delete all your feed the beast files and redo.

9. Jon

So.

I've lost every single item I've placed down on the new server from a chunk apparently resetting.

I lost my ME system, 15 HV Solar Panels. All my machines. 24k UU matter. I'm done.

I'm done with the server.

10. IdSayWhyNot

I had a similar thing. Nothing I build stays there after a server crash. I've taken to carrying around the ME hard drives just in case.

Hold on for a bit, see if it can be fixed. I've more than enough stuff to get you started again, from metals to machines, etc. I even have a second ME system you can take.

Maybe Katie has your character file saved, too? Unless it got overwritten when you played on the new thing... Yeah, out of my depth here.

11. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

So I looked around and mined a bit on the last FTB server we had and was thinking of having some fun with this one, but is it really that common to lose all your stuff like Jon?

Also the link for fixing the BoP mod is telling me the site ran out of days paid for? What's up with that?

12. IdSayWhyNot

No, it's not that common. To be fair though, we have no idea why the chunks reset.

Athanatos started playing today. He built himself a hut and that hut is still there after the server crash. Meanwhile, the stuff Jon and I had is gone. The only difference between the houses that I can think of is machines and ME system, which we had and he didn't.

As for the link, I can mail you the file if you want. It's only 4.75mb. PM me an address.

EDIT: I'm leaving in like 5 mins. So make it quick if you want it now!

13. mknote

Wait.

Why the hell did you take out one of the best and most useful mods in all of FTB?

14. IdSayWhyNot

You might be playing FTB rather superficially if you think enchanting plus is anywhere near as useful as Buildcraft or even Modular Powersuits.

In other news, I started my base. Hopefully the chunks won't reset before I'm done with it.

[​IMG]

Not very pleased with the middle part. Will remove the black part there :S

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's fucking AWESOME looking IMP :3

16. Alindrome

I've got your old player.dat file, I'll switch your inventory out if you give me the say-so.

You do not need that file anymore, since we're now playing on the latest stable release. Don't install using that file.

It's not that frequent; we've had a fair amount of times where the server has crashed seemingly for no reason and when this happens some chunks get reset to a few hours back. I've been trying to fix it, and it's infuriating. Next thing I'm going to do is move hosts and see if the next is more stable, I reckon.

Because it's too easy to break, and cheap, and we all ended up exploiting it.

Damn, man that is one sexy looking base. You're awesome at building. All I have so far is a dirt hovel.

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have 1/3 of a castle!

18. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

Damn Id, you made some sweet progress since I was on. I lava failed in the nether and rage-quit. Probably won't be on in a while either, midterms week :(

I was watching a Lets Play on the HermitCraft server and apparently upgraded Force Armor is ridiculously OP. You can upgrade a pick to grind and smelt ore at the same time. Something to keep in mind for anyone who joins the server with a fresh start like I did. Once you have an ME system and a quarry its kinda obsolete though.

19. IdSayWhyNot

I went through a portal, got stuck in the ground and suffocated. Then I went back to pick up my items only to get stuck in a different spot. But this time I didn't die and I couldn't get out. Not even relogging helped.

Watched my gear despawn from 10 blocks away. It's like Lion King all over again.

20. mknote

But it makes one of the most random, grinding, and annoying parts of vanilla into something that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out!

Alas, you're the boss, and regardless I have all of my enchanted gear on me, so as long as I don't die with it... It isn't that big of a deal I suppose, though I will miss it.

Don't know when I'll be on the server again... Shit has got real in grad school this semester, so I'm finding myself with a depressingly small amount of time to play as of late.