1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft FTB - New server!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Alindrome, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I haven't played since that one day. D:

The day I was killed by mobs while fetching my gear about 15 times. >_>

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wisps at spawn make me a sad panda.

3. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

As soon as you spawn go South, aiming for the redwood forest. At least three bases located there.

Also, somethingsomethingchef tried to log in just now. Whoever you are, make sure you have all the correct mods enabled. If you did it right, you should have only 3 disabled.

4. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

We get random people trying to connect every now and then; I suspect they're people who used to play on our current server's IP address before we got it.

5. IdSayWhyNot

So the server crashed.

[​IMG]

That's it for me. Even if I were to go on creative mode it'd still take me hours to re-build. The most annoying part is that only my shit seems to vanish. Kalas built a starting hut literally 20 minutes ago and it survived the crash. The stuff I built yesterday is gone.

No more please. Whatever of my stuff that remains is up for grabs.

6. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Yeah, what the hell is up with the server?

I have the IP and was thinking of joining but the server issues are worse than one would ever expect...

7. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

Id, shit man. That really sucks, who am I going to help make curves anymore?

8. Koalas

High Score:
    The hut survived? :D

9. AceOfSpades

Server went down at 5:02 EST, I was in the middle of organizing my loot... :(

10. Koalas

High Score:
    I've been playing most of the day and haven't had any issues. Id, if you want any help rebuilding I'm your man.

11. IdSayWhyNot

Thanks, mate. Much appreciated. Problem is the chunks on my base are clearly corrupted as they keep resetting. I'd have to tear it all down -- a massive task since rockwool can't be destroyed easily with pick, shovel or axe -- and then rebuild from scratch somewhere else.

I might build something else soon. My Sidney opera house rip-off will have to wait.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How tough is rockwool? If it's similar to stone the Wand of Excavation might work.

13. IdSayWhyNot

Whatever indicator ores, stone, bricks, etc. have that classifies them as "break with pick", rockwool doesn't have it. I can only break them by hand. Or with any tool, but it's as slow as by hand.

There's some sort of force armor that makes you break stuff quicker with your hands. That's the only thing that works, but I didn't get into magic.

Anyway, I downloaded a new texture pack. My previous one was very much incomplete, this one has everything. It looks so awesome that it made me wanna build again. I highly recommend it if you're still messing with vanilla textures. It's called Soartex and you can get it in the FTB launcher. Make sure you add Optifine to go with it.

I'll probably be on later tonight when I get an idea. Feel free to keep taking stuff you need from my base, just don't take the machines please. (Or every single ore). I'm gonna need some of those.

14. AceOfSpades

I can break down your rockwool for you Id if you want me to, also your slag production complex was creeper bombed. I put your machines into a chest next to it.

15. AceOfSpades

For anyone joining the server, I have recently vacated my first home, The Ranch over the River, and you may use it as a temporary place of residence.

I have moved into the basement of my cathedral and that is where you may now find my abode.

Of great importance to the server, I have opened a portal to the End. You may find a small platform on the surface of the water to the north of the Redwood Forest of DLP (Where most of us live ATM). On this platform there is a ladder which descends to the sea floor where I found an End portal some time ago. It is now open and awaits a raiding party to plumb its depths and make of with the womenfolk. Who shall join me on this epic (or maybe not) quest?

16. IdSayWhyNot

Sounds good. I'm up for it if you can wait till Friday.

17. AceOfSpades

Depends on when on Friday, I'm pretty busy after 12 noon EST

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In some different news, I've spent the last hour working out the Mystcraft basics and have succeeded in making a new dimension. I haven't explored very far, but the spawn is scrubland with a few small trees, but there looks to be a jungle or forest nearby as well.

Also spiders. Spiders everywhere.

My first attempt at a world ended up with exploding snow and floating islands of rock. Not the most stable of worlds.

Anyway, the book is on the bookstand in the north easternmost tower of my fortress. I'll probably be using that world for mining and the likes since it's mostly flat.

19. AceOfSpades

Awesome, I'll definitely be checking that out

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

So I may have accidentally fallen into the End portal, and I may in fact be stuck in the End for the moment. So I may have to kill the Ender dragon alone unless one of you comes through. Bring arrows, lots and lots of arrows.

20. IdSayWhyNot

I'm coming.

Also, what are arrows? Gravisuit, baby.