1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aerylife, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Lutris, and others that care, yes all weather abilities now only last 5 turns like when used as an attack.

2. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Same. I'm tempted to buy a 3DS, but I don't think I will until at least the holiday season. Still can get the Torchic download until January.

3. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

GAMESTOP OPENS IN THIRTY MINUTES.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have gotten my hands on them.

Goodbye, world.

Edit: Holy shit I love this fucking game.

Also, the Save Game is almost instant, and I can't tell you how impressed I am about that.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  5. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

KK dead to the world.

Starting with Y and then I'll nuzlocke the X.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    IT'S HERE AND IT'S MINE.

I'll be back in a week. D:

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

JESUS THE ROLLERSKATES ARE S FKIN AWESOME!!!

Pokemon I've noticed early: First forest has the three elemental monkeys and pikachu available

8. Vira

High Score:
    THE GRAPHICS ARE SO GOOD. There's nothing like commanding my fire starter to use Flame Charge and have the opponent Pokemon die in an explosion of fire. Though, the movement in that huge center city is really annoying. I keep changing directions randomly.

What does everyone's team look like? I have the evolution of the fire starter, and my new butterfly (High Plains version). I think Struggle Bug got a power boost because I'm killing everything with it. It's very satisfying. :3

9. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Sure, I'll take you up on that.

Bourbon
    0344 9898 6243

Offering the same to anyone willing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Cool, so I can start talking about it.

Did anyone else use Pikachu in the forest and then fight 50 of the little fuckers in a row?

11. Vira

High Score:
    Nope, skipped Pikachu, but I did find a horde of Psyducks and made them faint all at once! They have the best defeat animation.

I just got my ice dino and I'm heading across the beach at the moment. Hm, I wonder if I can catch my new seahorse here. <_<

12. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I fought like 3 gulpin hordes but only killed one. Without an AOE, it's just annoying.

It's cool that litleo has a high female:male gender ratio. Flabebe (nicknamed Titania) just evolved, got my water starter, a farfetchd that's my cutter/future flyer, and Honedge I just got. I'm not sure what all I will keep on my team as I continue.

Also, why the FUCK does Frogadier learn fling? Such a shitty fucking move. I threw my amulet coin and it's gone. I thought it would return at the end of battle. Fuck.

13. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Got it, and loving it so far. This game is just great looking, and the gameplay (from what I've gotten to) has been great. With the EXP from capturing, I've been doing it a lot more, leading to some pretty weird early teams. Can't say I've ever used a Combee before, but I have now and it's strange.

I love the change to Exp Share. It just feels like they just made it a lot easier to get EXP, not that I'm complaining.

My team right now is just Quiladin and Squirtle, but I have a revolving team of extras taking up space.

Last but not least, I thought it was hilarious and great that the first forest was just Viridian Forest again, with the new graphics. Then I felt weird because I noticed. Then it became great again.

14. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I'm in Route 5 now (just after Paris). So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying this. The sheer choice of Pokemon available before the first gym is astounding. I can foresee this generation getting a great many replays with no crossover in teams.

As Vesvius said, the first forest is almost a perfect rendition of Viridian Forest. Not sure what I think about that yet.

At the moment, I have Froakie, Charmander, Vivillion, Pikachu and Fletchling (all between 12-16). I was raising Litleo until I replaced it with Charmander. I'll likely replace Vivillion and Pikachu for something else soon.

No hordes yet.

15. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Absolutely loving the game, although the second gym feels like it's much too far into the game.

Current team is a Frogadier L32, Fletchinder L28, Honedge L32, and an Amaura L28. I'm trying to only use the newer mons for the actual run-through, but I'll definitely be using the Torchic/Bulbasaur at some point.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Finally got my Mega Evolutions on. That was a pretty cool moment, but what really stood out to me was this: you don't actually fight Serena until right before the third gym, and she - for whatever reason - doesn't have a full party yet. By that point I had fully evolved my Chespin and Bulbasaur (though thanks to the way this game handles EXP, I'm pretty dramatically overlevel at all times, so that's not surprising.)

That's nuts.

17. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Blah, blah blah, bla-

W-what?

18. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Hawlucha on route 10 with all the rocks/stones.

Supertraining is pretty easy. Be sure to do one of each type of super training and you unlock the next level. Level 1 gives +4 EVs, level 2 gives +8 and level 3 gives +12. I think that level 1 would be the fastest (I can complete it in under 4 seconds) except the starting animations take too long to spam it out as quickly as just doing a slower level 3.

Got my level 37 Greninja, level 31 Flabebe evo, level 32 litleo, and I've also added a Golurk/Hawlucha but I'm not sure if I'll keep them. I'm really tempted to use one of the cubones I caught in glittering cave, but none of them came with a bone club.

Also, I had a level 27 farfetchd but I can't use it in sky battles??

19. Vira

High Score:
    I hate the Paris city soooo much. I keep getting lost, then I end up going round in circles until I get dizzy. In other news, I got my seahorse Pokemon; it's cute as a button, if a little fragile. I still haven't found any wild Eevee. I think I missed it, but oh well. Other than my seahorse, I have my fully evolved fire starter, my butterfly, my ice dino (still hasn't evolved), and Lucario. I think my last Pokemon will be an electric-type, but we'll see.

20. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is one of the few times I've ever had a problem actually choosing a team. There's so many Pokemon to catch, and I'm grabbing every one of them, and I just can't even figure out who I love most.

I'm kind of tempted to actually fill the Pokedex during this generation.