1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The MORNING THUNDER approves.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    BIGGU THUNDER SENPAI I COULDN'T READ YOUR EPIC ADVENTURE DUE TO FEAR OF SPOILERS, HOWEVER I AM SURE THEY WERE AWESOME. I WANT MY PAYCHECK D8

3. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Just started a brand new game on X.

I'll be doing a wonder trade nuzlocke however I'll only be using 5 pokeballs to get my pokemon plus starter to wonder trade. So big possibility of not running a full team. If by some chance I don't receive a pokemon that can use an HM needed to move forward in the game I WILL supplement an HM slave for that specific part. Even better if something dies I can just wondertrade it away for a new nuzlocke pokemon.

First person to ask gets my charizardite X.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  4. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Hey, I'll take it if we can ever manage to meet online <_<

5. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

We're both online right now I'll give you my first one if you see this before you put pokemon away. My player name is NTD Prime.

Also for those that thought using wondertrade would be a bad idea... HA!
    I started out with a Chespin, Pidgey, two Fletchlings a Pansear and a Pikachu. After I caught the final Pokemon I immediately said my goodbyes and wondertraded them away to their new masters to most likely sit in a box for eternity.

In return however I received
    Scyther LV1
    Rotom LV1
    Eevee LV1
    Lunatone LV17
    Weepingbell LV34
    and a LV1 Magikarp

I could easily see taking this team all the way to the Elite four and that is now my goal!
    These thrown away pokemon, not even worthy enough to reach their old trainers standards, will be hailed as the team of a Champion!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  6. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Seriously.

You know... you're right. Probably take Flareon as your Eeveelution and you've covered practically every type you realistically can within one team. And Gyarados for Megaevolution.

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  7. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Thanks! The froakie I sent over should have 4 perfect ivs and protean if you want to start breeding it.

8. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

HP, ATK, DEF and SP DEF are maxed its modest nature can carry the SP ATK but speed can become even greater, I have a friend thinking of running a jolly Protean Froakie so he can always have the type advantage over everything but priority moves. Thanks though, once I get a good Ditto or another Froakie with SP ATK and SPEED IVs I'll try and breed this monster.

9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I've used the Blastoise I got from Sycamore as my HM Slave all game. Rock Break/Strength/Surf/Waterfall ftw.

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So, I finally broke down and shelled out for a 3DS with my huge overtime paycheck and bought me an X to go with it. Now watch the system go obsolete within a year.

Anyway, I'm going to do the obvious thing to do. Nuzlocke this bitch 100% blind. Whoever cares can chime in on whether that's good enough, or whether I need to do it even more hardcore and do a Blind Nuzlocke Squared. I'll start whichever in the morning, I do believe.

11. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They're the easiest pokemon generation yet. By a long way. I did a cutesy playthrough with the bunk gimmick pokemon - like Dedenne, Klefki, etc, and it was still piss easy. Although Vivillon turned out to be a beast.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I didn't even think it possible to make the series easier than Black/White in any significant way.

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Just be sure to turn EXP share off. I think it's a great tool, especially since you need to remember this is a game designed for 6-10 year olds.

But it makes it easier than an infinite audino hack.

14. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    With a team of six, battling only npc trainers, you'll end up a few levels above the gym leaders. Lol. Who all have like 3 or below Pokemon. It's gen 1's exp all, but now automatically active key item! Controversial to use in any sort of challenge. I don't consider it cheating, like some people (lol retards), but it does make the game very, very easy.

15. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

To be honest, I'm kind of enjoying the exp share >.>

But my aim in this first play through is kind of more about discovery and evolving everything I catch, since I haven't seriously played since... like ruby and sapphire I think? So a good number of the pokemon I come across, even though they're not part of the new 79 or whatever, are still new to me. :b

I think after this time around (if pokemon bank is open by then) I'll try a nuzlocke.

Btdubs, I don't know if anyone has tried the chain fishing method to catch shinies, but I can report that it does actually work. I've caught a shiny skrelp and horsea so far :D

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So, I started. Going back to look up the names of all these places will be the first time I've researched a thing about this game.

Starting off in Vaniville Town. Introductory blah blah with the mom, and some other neighbor girl. Not bad, not bad.

I want the Rhyhorn, mom. Can I have the Rhyhorn? No? The eat a dick, woman.

Route 1 has nothing, so into Aquacorde Town.

So, two girls, a nerd and a fat kid who likes to dance. Bump that iron, brah. Lose weight, son. You want to give me a nickname? S-meister? Wanna die, bitch? The others aren't much better. Fuck y'all, I'm picking.

Pimp Daddy you shall call me. Except the game doesn't let me enter that. Fucking G-rated bullshit. Fine. Fine. You can call me 'God-Emperor.'

And they do start calling me that, appropriately. Starter time. I do at least know what the starters are due to all the pre-release things I've stumbled upon. I took the toad.

Lord Ribbet the Froakie added. Have to go home and give the mom a letter from that fabulously gay-looking professor from the intro. Except that girl in the Gothitelle shirt wants a battle. Lord Ribbet drowns her little Narutard fox thing with Bubble.

I spent a minute riding the Rhyhorn around the lawn, and then tried to leave with it like a boss but it wouldn't go. Fine then, miss out on the crowning of a new legend, dumb ass rhino. I can find a better Ground type elsewhere, I'm sure.

Pick up some dem Pokeballs in Aquacorde. Digging the specialized shops.

Two steps into the grass on Route 2, I ran into Marcello the Pidgey and caught him. That brings back memories. At least it wasn't a rat?

Other Prospective Harem Girl wants to teach me how to catch Pokemon. Already caught one, babe. Free Pokeballs, though.

Spent a little time on Route 2 leveling Marcello up enough to not be useless, and then dropped into Viridi...Santalune Forest. Gothitelle girl wants to tag along. Magnetic heroes get all the girls. And she even wants to be somewhat useful by giving free healing.

Now, I wonder which generic Bug type I will get in here?

It actually isn't one. It's a Panpour, which could have been pretty awesome had I not used Froakie. Oh, well. Simeon the Panpour added. Cut slave ahoy, matey.

Beating up a bunch of weak Trainers and abusing the free healing to level gets both Lord Ribbet and Marcello up to Level 10, and then it's out the other side of the forest.

Route 3 gives me...a Dunsparce? That's odd, I don't think I've ever had this before. Xenovia the Dunsparce added. Not unique enough to make me willing to use Dunsparce, mind thee. Boxed.

I almost went ahead into Santalune Gym once reaching town, but decided to head east (since some bitch is blocking the north exit) to do a little more training. I would have made my life a bit easier had I just hit the gym.

Tall grass on Route (I think?) 22 gives me Androssi the Litleo. Have to work my (potentially second) favorite Zahard Princess into the roster somewhere. Well, this thing is rather decent. Back into Santalune Forest to train her up, and then it's gym time.

Yeah, this is very obviously a Bug gym. The mook at the entrance goes ahead and outright says to, too, since I guess the kiddies might not be able to take obvious hints.

Androssi roasts a lot of insects, and then I reach Viola.

See, this is where my side trip made things more complicated. Had I not grabbed Litleo, I would have led with Marcello, which would have been a much better choice to deal with Viola's Surskit. As it happened, I had to switch and took an extra hit. Marcello's Gust dispatches Surskit without too much trouble.

And that brings out Vivillon. This thing is faster than me, and locks Marcello into the field with Infestation on its opening turn, preventing a switch. Careful healing allows Pidgey to win the day, but that extra damage against Surskit didn't help.

Bug Badge and Infestation TM get.

So, now I can head north from Santalune. Some of these trainers have Corphishes. I like Corphish.

Running into the yellow flowers sparks a wild encounter. A Combee. Male, of course, which here in the old South we like to refer to as 'more useless than tits on a boarhog'.

Drone the Combee boxed and neglected forever. Why couldn't you have been born female, asshole?

Two kids want to lead me to the Professor's lab. I kind of like that this game didn't have the lab be in some little hick town, too. This makes more sense.

The other little Planeteers are there too. I had better be Earth or Fire because fuck all the rest.

Professor Sycamore wants to fight. He loses. Lord Ribbet evolves to Frogadier as a result of the battle. Just helping the good doctor's research by whipping that ass.

OMG Kanto starters.

I want Charmander so bad here, but I have a Fire type already so I reluctantly take the smarter play and add additional coverage by picking Percival the Bulbasaur.

After some more scenes, including one with Rufus Scrimgeour. Seriously, I'll eat my hat if this Lysandre guy isn't either the Champion or the game's designated Team Mook Boss.

Route 5 gives me Scias the Furfrou. Don't think I'll be using this either, but we'll see. Battle against fat kid, blah. And then I take to leveling Percival. Switch tactic makes this somewhat easier (I turned off the Exp. Share the moment I got it, screw that game breaking BS).

Percival evolves into Ivysaur and Marcello evolves into Pidgeotto during this little stretch.

And that's where I'm at. Still whole, with one close shave at the first gym.

Team

Lord Ribbet (Frogadier) - 17
    Marcello (Pidgeotto) - 18
    Androssi (Litleo) - 17
    Percival (Ivysaur) - 16

Box

Simeon (Panpour)
    Xenovia (Dunsparce)
    Drone (Combee)
    Scias (Furfrou)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Didn't do too much today. Discovered Super Training and played with that a bit, progressed into some town with a castle. Found the road past there blocked off by a Snorlax, which I hope I will be allowed to catch soon.

Went past Route 6 to some palace, and then leaked back out to get to the tall grass. Found that awesome-looking sword Pokemon. Rule of cool more or less dictates that I will be using this.

It's female, too, so there's but one thing it can be. Black March the Honedge added. Spent the rest of the limited time I had for Pokemon today training Honedge. Doubt I'll do much tomorrow either. Sunday is for Tower of God and Saints football.

Team

Lord Ribbet (Frogadier) - 21
    Marcello (Pidgeotto) - 19
    Androssi (Litleo) - 19
    Percival (Ivysaur) - 19
    Black March (Honedge) - 16

Box

Simeon (Panpour)
    Xenovia (Dunsparce)
    Drone (Combee)
    Scias (Furfrou)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Team Progress

Lord Ribbet (Frogadier) - 21
    Marcello (Pidgeotto) - 19
    Androssi (Litleo) - 19
    Percival (Ivysaur) - 19
    Black March (Honedge) - 16

Made good progress today (first and last day off work in awhile). Several close brushes with disaster, but still trucking on. Tower of God was amazing, the Saints blew out a division rival in a huge game, and shit has been good in every way. Except in my luck with encounters in this game, but we'll get to that.

Once I got tone catching Black March up to the rest of the team, which took a little while because of a rather crappy moveset, I went back into Parfum Palace and completed all the events there. The chase and corner game was better in Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Also picked up the Venoshock TM while exploring Route 6. Taught that to Percival.

Pokeflute obtained, and back to Route 7 to wake up that Snorlax. I used Percival to battle it, and relied upon Sleep Powder to keep it from healing itself with Rest. Took a little while to wear this tub of guts down, but I do eventually catch Barnabas the Snorlax. Terrible Nature (+SpAtk, -SpDef) will prevent me from using it for now, but it's something.

Lots of Artists with terrible Smeargles along this route. At the end, Double Battle with cute Rival girl against Nerd and Fat Kid. Easy win. I tried the northern cave first, but that leads to a dead end due to a Strength hole I can't cross yet. So, into the southern cave.

Encounter in here yields Marzipan the Whismur which I do not want. Later encounters with a Medidite and a Zubat would have been much better to have, but it is what it is.

Route 8 is outside. In the grass, I encounter a horde with four Zangoose and one Seviper. I tried to get the snake, but the Zangoose crowd beat it to death (LOL) and I had to settle for one of those. Big Z the Zangoose caught and boxed, because Big Z is a useless shit and I blame him for errything. Including the fact that the game continues to give me lame Normal types.

And then I ran into an Absol. Fuck. You. Game.

More events in Ambrette Town.

OMG Rhyhorn ride. Stepped on Hildegarde the Hippopotas out here and caught her. Might use, but I want to see what I get in the cave beyond before I commit to leveling the hippo.

That place is Glittering Cave, and it gives me Mr. Universe the Machop. Not bad, but again it has a scrubby Nature. And I don't think I need a Fighting type since I have Black March to troll Normals with.

First encounter with Team Flare. Fabulously gay is definitely a thing in this game. Oh, Japan. Those stereotypes.

The double battle at the end was a pain. I almost lost Androssi due to the Scraggy's Brick Break (left her at critical). And then the thing killed Rival Girl's Fletchling and got a Moxie boost. Lovely. I was able to win the battle with Marcello, but that Scraggy managed to take out another of my partner's team (don't remember what it was now).

Anyway, I came out of it alive. Team Flare busts and runs. I took the Jaw Fossil. No idea what this will be and I'm sure the other one will end up being a better pick, but I'm committed.

I get a clue back in the Fossil Lab that I can go Rock Smashing to get some Old Amber. It's a though and Aerodactyl is always a boss, but I'm going to roll the dice. Jaw Fossil revives into Laharl the Tyrunt. No name could ever be more appropriate. Meteor Impact!

At this point, I booted Marcello into the box. Never did plan on using Pidgeot since it kinda sucks, and I'm too lazy to level it any more.

Into Cyllage City and then the gym, after tracking down Grant. Lord Ribbet handles all the business here, though I have several things that can do it.

Grant leads with an Amaura, whatever that is. I know at least it's part Rock. A couple Water Pulse shots take that thing down. Rock Tomb does some damage in between, but Frogadier is quick enough that I'm not concerned with the stat drop.

Next is a Tyrunt. So, at a guess, Amaura is the other Fossil. Lord Ribbet serves Tyrunt the same as the other, though the Dragon typing reduces Water damage to normal. Bite reduces Frogadier to critical in between, but it doesn't matter. Next time I'll bring a Fighting Pokemon in here. Seems like that's the best play, but I didn't know better this time.

Cliff Badge and Rock Tomb TM get.

Route 10 gives me another horde encounter. This time it's a bunch of Nosepass. Last one caught, Moai the Nosepass added.

More Team Flare battles. Beatdowns ensure. Into Geosenge Town. Not much to do there, and as I try to leave, Korrina shows up.

Ah, shit. Lucario is a Pokemon I am not well equipped to deal with and she has two. The only thing I have that can do it is Black March, so in she goes. Swords Dance to boost attack and Aerial Ace to handle the damage. This thing is such a boss. Honedge has bailed me out of more than one sticky situation with its typing and immunities. Love it.

Route 11 next, Don Fernando the Stunky added. I would use this, except I have a Poison type in Percival. But it's a good reserve, since the Fairy addition has made Poison somewhat viable.

Reflection Cave at last gives me a legit good wild encounter, Lachesis the Solosis. Now occupied with training him up.

Team

Lord Ribbet (Frogadier) - 28
    Androssi (Litleo) - 28
    Percival (Ivysaur) - 28
    Black March (Honedge) - 28
    Laharl (Tyrunt) - 28
    Lachesis (Solosis) - 24

Box

Simeon (Panpour)
    Xenovia (Dunsparce)
    Drone (Combee)
    Scias (Furfrou)
    Barnabas (Snorlax)
    Marzipan (Whismur)
    Big Z (Zangoose)
    Hildegarde (Hippopotas)
    Mr. Universe (Machop)
    Marcello (Pidgeotto)
    Moai (Nosepass)
    Don Fernando (Stunky)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  18. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

:(

Blaming others for your bad luck!

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Haha, on the subject of bad luck. I started over a few days ago. Fuck you wild Wobbuffet with Shadow Tag. Just playing standard though. I wasn't really enjoying the game as much as I think I should have been anyway, restricting myself on the first playthrough. Maybe I'll try again some other time, but I just want to chill and have fun with it right now.

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There is no bigger Nuzlocke boner kill then those Wobbuffet's.