1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aerylife, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Pokemon X acquired. TIME TO GET ALL THE THINGS!

2. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Location of the move deleter guy? Fuck cut.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    He's in the snowy town, in the house to the upper right of the Pokemon Center, aka, the town after the sixth gym.

4. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

And goomy?

I spent too much time playing the supertraining games. They were a lot of mindless fun, but I'm at like 14hrs played and only at the 4th gym now.

edit: found him

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  5. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

Brilliant game, but I'm starting to really hate the special attack super trainer.

6. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

4th gym? Pshhh, I'm 13 hours in and only recently beat the 2nd gym...

Though I already filled 2 boxes with pokemon and I'm currently halfway through the 3rd. I'm rolling around the tall grass trying to find every pokemon and loving every second. It's pretty fun playing the game blind without looking up encounter rates/locations and stuff.

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

What I've found easiest is using someone like floette who has the "multi-attack" form. If you clear all the targets, new ones appear. If you clear 3 sets of targets, the balloon gets a single target in its chest/center that is relatively stationary and stays for a long while. Then you can unload with a few dozen charged shots.

The multi-shot works best for me because you can just spam attacks to take the targets out to get to the stationary easy to charge up on one.

8. Vira

High Score:
    Annnd I'm done. It took nearly twenty hours of gameplay, but I did it. The ending was unexpected, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get teary-eyed.

The team I beat the Champion with:

Allen the Delphox (lvl65, caught at level 5). Psychic / Will-O-Wisp / Mystical Fire / Flamethrower.
    Chalky the Vivillon (lvl62, caught at level 3). Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz / Stun Spore / Psybeam.
    Aurora the Aurorus (lvl65, caught at level 20). Thunderbolt / Return / Ancient Power / Ice Beam.
    Steel the Lucario (lvl65, caught at level 32). Extreme Speed / Dragon Pulse / Aura Sphere / Strength.
    Elle the Dragalge (lvl63, caught at level 25). Thunderbolt / Dragon Pulse / Sludge Bomb / Surf.
    Red the Yveltal (lvl60, caught at level 50). Fly / Oblivion Wing / Phantom Force / Dark Pulse.

I'd rate this game 11/10. It punched my expectations so hard it rocketed into the stratosphere. Would play again.

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    So I can't come into this thread until I beat Y ;_;

10. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

That moment when Lysandre's Gyarados uses outrage and you immune it with your floette.

11. Vira

High Score:
    I've been playing with the Friend Safaris, and these are the types people have and the Pokemon they produce:

Dragon / Menace, Walrus (Noibat, Fraxure, ???).
    Flying / Jon (Swanna, Farfetch’d, ???).
    Psychic / ChaosGuy, Vesvius (Espurr, Grumpig, Duosion).
    Grass / 9TailedDestroyer (Pansage, Sawsbuck, ???).
    Fire / Poytin (Magmar, Larvesta, ???).
    Rock / Scaryisntit (Dwebble, Corsola, ???).

Beating the game will add an extra Pokemon, and I'm interested to see what the zones will produce. Hopefully the DLP Pokemon community is big enough to get all eighteen types. Anyways, since I now have access to Noibat, Larvesta, and Magmar, feel free to ask me for one, if you're still playing through the main storyline.

12. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

You got Corsola in a rock safari?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  13. Vira

High Score:
    Yup, it's water-rock, after all.

14. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Apparently the shiny encounter rate is bumped up for pokemon you encounter in a horde. The masuda method looks to still be around too. Get your foreign Dittos my brethren!

15. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God, I loathe Lumiose City. The more I have to deal with the place, the more I hate it.

It's like they purposefully made it as frustrating as possible to navigate.

16. Vira

High Score:
    Just get a cab, and never go looking for things on foot ever again.

I finally got into the clothing store in Lumiose. The tux shirt and tux pants combo I want costs 300k. A hat alone costs 80k. I know in my heart I'm going to waste all my money on this store, and I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad. D8

17. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

lol
    At least you didn't fling away your amulet coin.

I picked up a lucky incense to replace it later but I missed out on about 150k.

You were totally right about the team flare plot. I can't wait to finish the rest of the game. Is Goodra the psuedolegendary?

Also wtf is a cab?

I'd like to say: water starter looks great but its moveset is so-so till late game. The signature move is water shuriken and despite his high special attack, is a physical move. It can be a really good STAB quick attack, but I'd rather have aqua jet. The animation leaves something wanting.

He also learns fling at 30 something and that's *it* for dark type moves until you hit level seventy for night slash. Which is still physical. You can make due with the Thief TM somewhere in between, but it's still physical.

His animations are pretty great though but his moveset combined with the relatively amazing water types available otherwise make me feel like delphox or chesnaught are better options. Even if I'm not a huge fan of their looks compared to Greninja's.

---------- Post automerged 10-15-2013 at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-14-2013 at 07:40 PM ----------

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/gamebreaking-save-bug-found-in-pokemon-x--y-22061

Don't save in paris

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Goodra is indeed the pseudo-legendary of this gen. Cab in Luminose is a taxi, basically. Zzzz. And I had to restart due to the save bug :/ pretty bummed out.

I should try to fit a Mega evolution into my team, but it's impossible if I want to avoid multiples of the same type AND keep good coverage.

19. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I've got two Swift Swim Polis in the Daycare, which means Drizzle Politoad for those who want one. I'd be trading the egg however.

20. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    CareOtters had over 14 Squirtles when I last talked to him about a day ago, I can only imagine how many he has now D8