1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Lol Heimer in competitive.

Haven't touched LoL in over a week, and haven't played seriously in twice that. GTAV and AC4 does that. Fuck I've missed ALL the changes.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Unless there is something I haven't seen yet today... Last I saw yesterday was WotA becoming 50 AP, with a touch of mana regen(10?), 10 cdr, 20% spell vamp, albeit personal only. Fair bit less expensive, as well.

So, WotA still exists, it's just not an aura-vamp item anymore.

As for Heimer, maybe it's just been my experience, but R-Q has generally served me more good than R-W when it's come to damage output. R-W is technically a stronger burst, but is more restricted in it's application, and R-Q actually does rather hefty damage over a few seconds itself. I was amused to drop R-Q inside Jarvan's ult when he ganked me a few times to devastating effect.

Note, I've only played him twice in normals, and once in Dominion, but he does seem generally more effective, albeit just as kill-able once you're in his face, of course. Somewhat easier to get a stun off on an attacker, I suppose, but otherwise even worse escape, since his ult turret only does 25% slow, compared to his old setup. Discounting his E's slow, since it's little consolation to missing the stun.

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think they edited the article I was looking at, correcting some spelling, punctuation, and fact errors (when I looked at RoG it said "removed aura" but did not mention the item itself having any spell vamp anymore). Not sure if i'll still go gunblade in the face of this new wota, but probably considering it's basically the old spellvamp jungle item minus the spirit stone passive.

4. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Will of the Ancients got changed. It's now the selfish spellvamp item. Tones him down since he can't get that AND Wraith anymore... but I think that's probably a good thing. Vlad's frustrating as hell to fight and anything that hurts him makes me happy.

New Sivir is so much fun to play. I think I like her more than the old one.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  5. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

You know, when you put it like that, and considering the cost change... it really did just become the current Spectral Wraith, plus 10 AP, and minus the Spirit Stone passive. Actually just a nerf, really. Albeit, only around 60% of the cost of a Gunblade.

6. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Come to think of it...Is there anyone who actually builds spell vamp that uses mana? lol always seems like a wasted stat when I see it on spell vamp items.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I was going to say Ryze but then realised visage isn't spell vamp but healing done via any source - which amplifies the built-in spell vamp that Ryze gets with his active ult.

Could be why they're so very few, in this case now down to 2. The jungle change for wraith is an interesting one, aimed I imagine at slow clears/weak early game, though it's all very up in the air with the PBE only just going up.

Definitely going to be paying close attention to how jungle paths will change following the nerf to exp across the board from camps (and the nerfs to exp required to level up) but with a general gold buff following the initial clear or 2, as well as the new 'level' system jungle camps will have. That and the vision changes are far more interesting to me at least, when compared to say the change to Baron buff or the way the objective focus may shift play.

8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Some of the sustained damage mages build it sometimes, karthus, anivia, cass etc.

9. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

That seems like the plan. The trouble is you need to struggle through that weak early game until you can afford to buy it, at which point you don't really need it anymore because that weak early game is over. It'd be a decent item for junglers like Maokai, Nautilus, Amumu and Sejuani... except that they're tanks who want to buy durability, not rush an AP item. If they're having mana problems then Glacial Shroud or Catalyst the Protector are way more attractive.

10. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Reginald retires and is going to be coach of TSM.

11. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Liked not because of Reginald hate (i love the dude and respect the massive amount of work he has to do daily) but because I like Bjergson also. I don't think they're interchangable though, it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Fun fact: Only the oddone was part of the original roster now. Guess he really is an oddone.

12. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Xpecial was part of their season 1 team wasn't he?

It'll be interesting to see how Bjergsen does against all the NA mids. Looking forward to some great mid plays in the next split.

13. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Not according to this.

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I now like all of the TSM roster. Awesome.

In other news, was playing 5-man premades with some friends yesterday when we were matched against Millenium's top-laner Dogby and his friends. Needless to say, we were shat upon.

Dat matchmaking. XD

15. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I don't like the region swapping. I didn't like it when CLG picked up Locodoco as support, I didn't like it when Edward went over to Curse and I don't like that Brokenshard and Bjergsen have been picked up by TBD and TSM respectively. And I fucking hate that Quantic grabbed 5 Koreans to make a challenger team.

NA teams need to produce their own top players, not buy them from other regions. It's going to lead to the same bullshit that happens in the Premier League. Home grown NA talent will have no chance to break through because all the starting positions on top teams will be held by foreign superstars.

Of course in Bjergsen's case it doesn't matter. Reginald will have changed his mind by next week, just like he did last year.

16. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

The fans seemed to be fairly mixed around it, similar to you ElDee. I'd say that it may very well be good for the NA scene, though I haven't paid much if any attention to the promotional qualifiers so I've no idea what the batch of NA talent that's currently fighting for a chance to get into the LCS looks like.

As for Quantic... Well, we'll see how they do as they're all effectively Korean b-teamers, so they should be equal, if only slightly better at first but we'll see.

Mixed feelings about TSM, on the one hand I feel like Xpecial needs to sit down and realise he was the worst player on his team at Worlds despite hie blame falling on others - I don't tend to watch his Vlogs as Xpecial has a weird way of talking where I either can't hear him or understand him initially. If his opinion has since changed then fair enough, but I feel like he needs to get back to how he was in the early summer split to really hold his spot, he seems like the weakest link in TSM for their last few games though obviously that's not enough to replace him; or maybe it will be with the recennt retirement of Regi, who knows.

Also rather excited for who Lemondogs will pick up to fill out their roster now that NiP have picked up everyone barring Dexter and Tabbz, alongside making Kev1n homeless again.

17. TSN

TSN Auror

Jack (Noble Swordsman) Passive: each attack grant 5 additional damage per strike. (stack 5 time) -

Blind strike; dash toward a target blinding yourself for .5 second dealing (40/50/60/70/80 + 50% bonus damage). (8s cooldown). -

Double Slash: Slash a small cone in front of Jack for 4% total life + 100% total damage. activated once more for 10% missing health + 50% total bonus damage. (12 second cooldown) -

Tenacity/execute: passive gain 5/10/15/20/25% attack speed/Active deal 1/2/3/4/5% total life per attack. for 10 sec (20s cooldown) lose passive when on cooldown. -

HaraKiri: Passive. upon death Jack defeat shame him. After 2 sec ritualistically suicide for 50% of his total life as magic damage to all enemy within 550 range.
    (140/120/100 sec cooldown)

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What?

10char

19. TSN

TSN Auror

I wanted to see what would be the reaction to it.

Obviously its not real.

the blind effect on blindstrike would be akin to Nocturne short vision effect on his ultimate. While Jack ult would be a passive effect that would act like Nunu or Galio ultimate. My original idea for Jack ultimate would have been a passive/active the passive would have a 2 second delayed activation while the active would be a 1 sec cast suicide.

20. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

There is a thread for champion creations, you know.

Not open for further replies.