1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

Modkilled again?

2. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Also

Lynch Vote : fontisian

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Last game he made a post like 3 hours after day ended and got modkilled for it.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah I'm here.

Content incoming.

5. EricF

EricF Muggle

Benefits of scum read summary post:

Players who only check in occasionally get a good grasp of what is going on and can act accordingly.

Zeitgeist knows he's under pressure tomorrow, and can make a defense

People who are suspicious of Rubi and I know they are not alone.

We have an easy way to track opinion changes by doing this multiple days in a row

After the night kill, it is clear who they were suspicious of

-in summary, it makes things easier on everyone, and since more players are town than scum, easier information benefits the town more than the scum.

6. Bill Door

I'm not sure that this is a good thing, or that we should be accomodating for people only checking in once in a while. We should be encouraging them to be here more often.

Unless he's got some very selective reading he probably already knows this.

My concern is that it makes it very easy for scum to fit in with everyone else. They can just sort of give reads without having to really justify them or pressure them, so they are less likely to make a slip. It can also lead to apathetic town who think that this is all they need to do to contribute. Also making it easier for scum is never a good thing, they have enough advantages as it is.

From what you say the only real benefits for town are things people should know anyway just from reading the thread, but it gives scum some nice benefits in being able to hide among the crowd. If you weren't already high up on my scum list you would be now.

7. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, yeah, sorry I haven't said much today, but I haven't really had much to say.

@Wetnurse
    : I can't see fonti being scum with either Luckylee or Rubicon. It may be distancing, but it doesn't strike me a such. I feel it would have happened later in the day, if it were distancing and they wouldn't sacrifice one of their own D2.

Doesn't mean neither luckylee or rubicon are scum and may have potentially goaded us all into Lynching Fonti, of course.

But then, I'm new to this whole thing, so I may be wrong.

8. EricF

EricF Muggle

Bill: my baseline is that the burden of proof is on not sharing information. Soup is a good reason, so we don't share role hints. I haven't heard a good reason for not sharing.

I don't think its at all bad to help out the town members who can't be here all the time. Scum can already get a thread summary in their private chat.

Scum can already pool knowledge in their private chat, so the marginal gain of them having access to the town knowledge pool is minimal compared to the gain the town gets from having a shared knowledge pool.

9. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Probellum

Fonti admitted it herself that she would have done that as scum. In a 3 scum scenario, it'll be okay to sacrifice 1 witch if it townfirms the other 1 or 2 witches.

@Prophylaxis

We're still waiting for your incoming.

10. Titus

Titus Squib

Eric, don't think so. The burden is on the illogical action. I could insist on massclaim now by you standard and we would have to go along with it because its better for town due to shared knowledge. Hell we cannot massclaim due to soup.

Here we tabulating reads publically doesn't help town. It doesn't help the clown pie, the cop check or anything else.

You derived no content from that.

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Oh my god. I've read through this thread multiple times and I have no idea what's up with this mechanics talk/fonti ragequitting and it's making my head spin. I feel like I'm terribly disconnected from the game.

I'm sorry for not providing content but ugh I'm just reading all of these posts and not getting /anything/ from them. I feel like I'm knee-deep in molasses, and I'm not sure where we're at.

I feel like I need to reread and build a solid reads list, then go from there. I'm just confused by the replacements and the fact that I've been away for the past couple of days.

12. Titus

Titus Squib

Prophy, if you are stuck, please ask questions. What confuses you? What assumptions don't make sense.

13. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I feel we should figure out who the Clown pies and who Spiritcaller selects.

My (Clown/pie) vote is for Zeit.

---------- Post automerged at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

You know, if he doesn't pop in with something to disprove either Rubicon or Ruckyree's claims.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah I'm working on a post right now, give me a moment.

I feel like I need to articulate my thoughts in words to get a better feel for the game. All of my games have (mostly) been closed with flips and the uniqueness of TinyHunt is starting to get to me now.

15. Bill Door

You want us to tell the scum who the spiritcaller is going to target? That's a bit counter-productive. I'm really hoping you meant the Oracle? I think the clown and Oracle should both target ericf.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Mhm Clown/Oracle Zeit or Eric please.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

People we need to keep an eye on, part one: EricF

We already went why these questions are bad. His question to me is absolutely useless and I refused to answer it (notice how he doesn't follow up on it!) and he also never follows up on the Zeit question as well, which indicates a lack of caring about the answers (PointlessQuestioning or QuestioningToLookTown)

Aekiel's next few posts are all mechanics talk and more public coaching/useless stuff.

Note: I don't agree with this statement.

See look these are more useless stuff.

Does the "second person you would give Lump to" question to Zeitgeist read like Aekiel is trying to get insight into Zeit's alignment, or is it a question to look more town? (Spoilers: It's the former)

Questioning as town gives you answers, which you should analyze. How does Aekiel's question have anything to do with him caring about Zeit's alignment?

Proudboar's question reads like public coaching.

blab answers the question but Aekiel has never shown a concern for Rubicon before. I think he replaces out at this point.

~random thought:

Said every scumbuddy ever. "I think A and B are scum but I'd rather vote for A" when B is his scummy.

~endrandomthought

EricF's posts aren't much better.

This might be a good post at first but when you really look at it then it's just mostly mechanics talk and a hop on the font wagon. It's virtually empty except for a few words about Rubicon being +town and font being -scum.

I dislike the bolded. They're /your/ reads, why are you open to challenge them?

GEE WHAT A SURPRISE

This is just nothing.

*skims an EricF ISO*

Yeah there is just absolutely nothing in here. It's all just minor nitpicking and.. words. He's saying a lot but actually saying nothing.

Do you guys have a "BEWARE OF LISTMAKERS" scumtell on here? Because it's very prevalent on my home site.

EricF: You have done absolutely nothing on replacing in. Give me a t/s list before you go.

tl;dr: EricF's posts are 100% useless and he needs to die soon. In fact, here's a symbolic vote since the font wagon has run it's course:

Lynch Vote EricF

I built a barn big enough to barn this post.

18. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Urgh, yes meant Oracle. Sorry, I'm sleepy. Just took my meds.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Probellum I have shown. Pressure me or something.

The bolded makes me cringe a bit but I don't like to form connections before we know alignment stuff.

20. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Idk man, I'm new to this stuff. I have no idea what questions to ask. I have no idea what entails being scummy or not. Like, the whole list thing. Didn't think it was scummy at all? I'll admit, I basically only mentioned you, cuz It was the first name that popped in my head.

That probably sounds bad, but I'd rather be upfront about it. And all I meant by the second bolded part is that I don't know Aekiel and his playstyle as well as the rest of you. I kind of have to base my assumptions of what I hear.

I also don't particularly know an example of a pressuring question. It's not that I don't care, it's that I just have no fucking clue what to ask. It doesn't help that most of this day has been semi-what wasted on mechanics discussion/theorizing and I don't have many example to pick from besides those from D1.

I seriously feel so lost, the only reason I haven't thought about getting replaced is that we've already lost Stojil and Aek. (And might lose Zeit, if he's not lynched/dead soon)

Uggghhh, I may be rambling again, because of tiredness >.<