1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: Redemption - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

During this time, you can use House QTs but no 1on1s or Alliance QTs. Also, Ravenclaws who haven't submitted yet can submit too.

---------- Post automerged at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Oh fine, everybody can submit and you can submit multiple attempts. I'll be back here in eight hours to check.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  2. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    ChessGame Attempt #4

3. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

This feels fair.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    That tag tho.

5. Schrodinger

High Score:
    I swear to god, Lexicat, I'm gonna figure out an 8 move checkmate if it take me all goddamn night and failing my Discrete Math final tommorow morning.

I will not yield to kiss the ground before the Raven's Claw,
    Or to be baited with a House Cup Loss.
    Though Womping Wood may come to DLP,
    And though opposed, being a butt chugging skank,
    Yet I will try the last. Before my finals, I throw my worthless time.
    Lay on, chess board,
    And damn'd be him that flinches at the Badger's Roar.

6. Caligula

Caligula First Year

What I wish would happen to Claire:

[​IMG]

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    ChessGame Attempt #5

8. Caligula

Caligula First Year

On my umpteenth attempt to defeat Claire in less than 8 moves, and this is how she reacts to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

>_>

Screw you, Claire. You're as about as slippery as a bar of prison soap.

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

ChessGames Attempt #1

9. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ChessGames Attempt #1 :\

10. Schrodinger

High Score:
    mate in 8 is impossible, I'm done. Goodnight, hufflpuffs, I'm sorry.

11. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

ChessGames Attempt #1

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

ChessGames Attempt #4

While I don't believe for a second that you didn't get an 8 move mate, you better hope you did, because I got it.

13. Zeitgeist

ChessGames concludes. The scores have been submitted...

The following are the best and successful attempts logged against the ClaireBot by the castaways.

RAVENCLAW
    Vesvius: No logged attempts.
    mishie: 58 moves.
    1and1is3: No logged attempts.
    BitMyFinger: No logged attempts.
    Bill Door: No logged attempts.
    Anya: 47 moves.
    Lexicat: 8 moves.

HUFFLEPUFF
    CrackedMind: No logged attempt.
    Lyrium: No logged attempt.
    Riley Poole: No logged attempt.
    Schrodinger: 8 moves.
    Caligula: 10 moves.
    Republic21: 8 moves.
    Zenzao: No logged attempts

3rd place - Anya, 2nd place - Caligula, 1st place - Lexicat, Republic21, and Schrodinger.

[​IMG]

WE HAVE... A TIE!!

Neither Tribe wins Immunity, which means that both Tribes also lose this Challenge... And somebody must go home, as stipulated in the previous post... I have thought long and hard about this, and there's only one solution...

14. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We interrupt your regular reading to bring you this filler post.

Read my stuff. Go on. Do it now.

15. Zeitgeist

[​IMG]

Welcome to Tribal Council

Welcome to Tribal Council. This abandoned grotto is where Castaways without Tribal Immunity go to cannibalise one of your own.

Grab a torch and light it in the fire pit. On Survivor, fire represents life. It is what hastens in the dark. Your aim in Survivor: Redemption is to keep your torch from being snuffed out by those around you.

As the rules of Survivor clearly state, all Tribes without Tribal Immunity must go to Tribal Council in the Pre-Merge Phase. And since both Houses failed to defeat the opposing House and obtain Tribal Immunity, consequently both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff must attend Tribal Council, where one person from each House will be going home.

That's right: it is a double elimination. In order for this game to finish on schedule, the rules of Survivor clearly state that Houses without Tribal Immunity, which can only be obtaining by defeating the other House, must attend Tribal Council and vote out a player. For that reason, both Houses, in the event of a tie, must vote out one of their own.

This is how Tribal Council will work. Firstly, both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw cannot post in their House QTs while Tribal Council is commencing. You will also be given a series of questions which you must answer, in order for Tribal Council to conclude. These questions are designed with observing your performances at the Immunity Challenge and any fractures within your House.

At the end of these questions, you will submit a vote via your private QTs. How you submit a vote is "Vote Out: [PLAYER NAME]". You should also append your vote with a short voting Confessional, which is a sentence or two (or more, if you feel passionate) explaining your vote.

However, since this Double Elimination was not foreseen, the Gods of Survivor are fair. In order to give each and every player an opportunity to scramble and save themselves, for this Tribal Council only players will be allowed to use 1-on-1 QTs and Alliance QTs. The idea is that 1-on-1s will allow you one more chance to entreat and plead to your fellow castaways in order to save your skin. This freedom to use 1-on-1s and Alliance QTs is a form of consolation.

Moreover, the two faster castaways from both Houses to submit the top score of 8 moves will be Immune from being voted out, as further reward for their valiance. Since this double elimination is unforeseen, it is only fair that these hardworking players are not penalised for their efforts in the ChessGames. That means nobody can vote for Schrodinger or Lexicat. Everybody else is vulnerable.

This is a controversial decision, but one that is dictated by the rules and with precedence from the television show. I will not be faltering on this ruling, and it is only fair, since a Tie means that both Houses must be equally treated and somebody must go home by the end of Dusk 3, in order for this game to finish on schedule.

Tribal Council 3 (Dusk 3) has started.

Posting is now permitted in this thread until all Tribal Council questions have been answered. Votes can be submitted once everybody has answered all their allocated questions. If you know that you won't be online at this point, you may submit a vote early, but once a vote is made, it cannot be retracted. Tribal Council will always go for a maximum of 24 hours, so if you haven't posted your TC question answers or cast your vote by this time, you might incur the wrath of a Purple Rock Tiebreaker

Everybody may currently post in this thread.​

Apart from Zeitgeist, only the following (16) individuals are allowed to participate:

RAVENCLAW:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Vesvius//mishie//1and1is3//BitMyFinger//Bill Door//Anya//TMNTurtwig//Lexicat

HUFFLEPUFF:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CrackedMind//Lyrium//Prophylaxis//Riley//Schrodinger//Caligula//Republic21//Zenzao

If you have any question about Tribal Council, ask me in your QTs. Once all the votes are counted, I will then account for any Hidden Immunity Idols that have been played. Refer to post #1 to know how to play an HII. If you know you'd want to use the HII, please let know in your personal QT BEFORE Tribal Council ends. Thank you.

Here are the Tribal Council (TC) Questions for Dusk 3:

These questions are for Hufflepuff to answer:

1. What is your opinion on Caligula and on CrackedMind?
    2. What is your view on this phrase: "Actions speak louder than words"?
    3. Is this the time to be removing non-aligned players?
    4. In one word with no explanation, who is the most dangerous player on Ravenclaw?
    5. In one word with no explanation, who is the weakest player on Hufflepuff?
    6. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to the rest of Hufflepuff?
    7. What is more important: Alliances made before a potential switch or Alliance made after a potential switch? Is it important in this game to renege commitments in order to adapt?

These questions are for Ravenclaw to answer:

7. What is your opinion on Lexicat and BitMyFinger?
    4. In one word with no explanation, who is the most dangerous player on Hufflepuff?
    5. In one word with no explanation, who is the weakest player on Ravenclaw?
    6. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to the rest of Ravenclaw?
    7. What is more important: Alliances made before a potential switch or Alliance made after a potential switch? Is it important in this game to renege commitments in order to adapt?

16. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

7 - Lexi is a cat, BMF has an edible finger.

2 - Actors speak words so I don't know what I'm saying.

3 - This is the time for removing stuffs.

4 - Lolnoone

5 - Cho

6 - Wassup yo?

7 - Constant vigilance.

I may or may not be still a bit drunk.:cheers:

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Yo, I asked this in my QT but I ask here as well. Are we allowed to bullshit our answers like BillDoor did? I thought we were supposed to be at least somewhat sincere, or at least give answers that could be taken as sincere.

18. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

1. What is your opinion on Lexicat and BitMyFinger?
    Lexi's a tough competitor who really, REALLY wants to win this. I respect that. BMF is.... well, see #5

Actions normally do say a lot, but words can usually be said a helluva lot louder.

No. Now is the time to trim the dead weight.

4. In one word with no explanation, who is the most dangerous player on Hufflepuff?
    Zenzao

BMF

Well, let's get this show on the road.

Both to me are equally important. They're both alliances, and to me there are only a few reasons why you can't uphold both. And sometimes, yes, in Survivor, you've got to know when to go back on your word. That's something I think we all know.

19. 1and1is3

1and1is3 First Year

1. What is your opinion on Lexicat and BitMyFinger?

Lexi's my fellow determined resourceful cat that wants to win. As for the other, who's that?

If you strike a balance, you can do less, and your words can cover up for you.

It depends on who you are talking about.

Blond

Hurts.

The outcome of this challenge is bs.

Whatever it takes to win \o/

20. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

So yeah, charger doesn't work for my laptop anymore, so we have to use my phone now. THE MOHAWK IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS SHIT.
    1: Lexi is apparently awesome at chess and is very committed to Ravenclaw. We honesty know nothing about BMF.
    2: The Mohawk has no need for words, only proper hair care products.
    3: It all depends in the verdict of the Mohawk.
    4: BEARD.
    5: VICTIM.
    6: Send help, charger broken \o/
    7: Yes.