1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

2. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

They're the same thing. and it would be cheaper to buy the revised price listing on amazon. Which I won't. I'll just hope the winter sale has it for as cheap.

3. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

It probably won't. I'd be surprised if Skyrim LE went above 66% or $20.39 until 2014 or the individual dlc going above 50% off like in the BF sale.

4. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

5. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Anyone manage to get the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass price error? If so, I'll buy a copy off you.

6. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

Don't have a credit card here and it doesn't accept my international debit card... I really should be used to this by now. :(

7. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Just thought I'd throw this in. Microsoft really wants people to use Bing, so you can get about $5 a month in Amazon credit if you switch to Bing. http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?

8. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

I'm not sure if anyone else cares about their steam level but if you do now is a great time to work on raising it. You can use http://ehsankia.com/steam/cards/ to find the cheapest badges to craft(you don't need to own the game) and sell the snow globes from the winter sale as their price is fairly high compared to most cards. Each time you craft a badge you get another snow globe to sell.

With this method you can currently craft about a badge a day by selling both the craft reward and the reward for voting three times.

9. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Far Cry 3 Deluxe is currently $7.49 on Amazon. It's probably a price mistake so I'd hurry.

10. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Relevant in every sale.

11. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

What was that program that would get cards for you from the games in your steam account? Does anyone know?

12. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

13. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

14. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

Enemy Within is marked down 50% off as part of the flash sale on xcom enemy unknown. It only lasts a bit over four more hours. After that it'll probably go back to just being 33% off.

Edit:I finally found a use for all of those worthless emoticons. tremorgames has a bot that takes them and gives you tremorcoins on their site, which can be exchanged for free games or TF2 items. Its not much but its better than them sitting in your inventory or attempting to sell them for one cent and wasting one of your 200 sales per year.

It also takes cards, TF2 items, and CS:GO items at a slightly worse rate than you could sell them on the market but this can still be useful for lower value items if you're someone that has a lot of sales and are worried about wasting any on things that aren't worth it. The downside is that the number you can trade in per day is limited by your tremor account age and the total number of coins you've earned. You will also need to link your steam account to your tremor account under settings.

You can also do offers but I don't like giving out personal information or downloading junk that's likely infested with malware. Watching the videos can be nice while reading fanfiction or browsing other web pages as you don't have to keep it as the active tab and can position it on another browser page so that you see when the video finishes. I usually stick with the v11 videos.

normal link: tremorgames.com
    referral link:http://www.tremorgames.com/?ref=207775
    link to page with trading bots(they're in an odd place):http://www.tremorgames.com/index.php?action=tremorbots

If you all want me to delete this I can as I realize that it may annoy some. That said I've gotten a few games off of it for free without wasting much time at all and cleared my steam inventory of some clutter so I thought that others may find it useful as well.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  15. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  16. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I've got one extra copy of God Mode free for whoever wants it.

On a side note, I was doing some cleaning and found a card for a digital copy of Skyrim for the 360 also free for whoever wants it.

17. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Looks pretty fun- if no one else wants it, I'm sure I'd enjoy it :)

18. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I already have it and it is fun! :)

19. Solomon

Solomon Heir

La Mulana is $1.50 right now (as part of the current flash sale) and also a very good game. You should buy La Mulana.

20. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

L4D2 is free today on Steam!