1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

@Stojil: I think one of us (Probably me) got confused in our communications. Anyway, my comments were in response to:

So, may I ask what exactly you meant by that? Why did it stand out to you?

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah I'm going to a party now so I won't be around tonight. White Boi out~

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

In what are their actions different? Define "flailing".

No. That isn't nearly enough. Even if it's just a feel (and that somewhat sucks), you need to explain where exactly you're getting it from in that post and to try to put a finger on why you got it. Also, is "trying to look townish" a townie or scummy thing?

Oh. Now I get it.

"His supposed belief that a lynch (against him) was coming when nothing of the sort was in sight about it."

Now do you get it?

KaiDASH: what's up with Wetnurse?

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Stojil: Well, considering that I argued Typhon --> Rubicon and not the reverse, Typhon would work on his own. That aside, I didn't like BillDoor's one-line-posts and his vote on Aekiel, but to be fair, that's exactly how he played last game too when he wasn't Mafia. Additionally, one of the few things he did was defending Moridin's readwall, which I thought was rather silly, so eh. I'd like more from him than responses to questions and minimalistic posts, at any rate.

On the flip side, fontisian isn't really playing like she used to (or maybe just not present enough?) and Wetnurse and Zeitgeist's turbolurking is hugely annoying (as is that Luckylee needs a handful of votes on him before he starts playing).

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yo. Why aren't we lynching anyone?

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

We have 1 hour and 4 minutes, right? Not just 4 minutes, no?

7. Sesc

Because people keep extending the day. Why are you an absolut zero in my notes?

8. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

In response to your question, Luckylee, right now my second highest scumread (discounting the lurkers) is Aekiel, for hypocritical posting, switching votes without explanation or justifications, and using roles in order to keep himself from contributing.

And even though I would like very much to lynch you today, I doubt that we are going to get another extention. Therefore:
    Vote: Aekiel

9. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

@Stojil: Ah, yeah, that makes sense. At the time, I was kind of depressed, because I've been haphazardly trying to figure out my preferred playstyle and it was backfiring by making me look scummy. It wasn't so much that I expected to be Lynched today, but I know that If I survive, I inevitably will be.

Though I've tried to turn down my aggression, and am now playing a bit more conservatively.

10. fontisian

Have you read Aekiel's posts?

Aekiel

Post 9: Generic voting advice.
    Post 39: A random question for Zeit about Mori
    Post 42: A claim that there are no mechanics tricks to pull or even discuss
    Post 45: A random question for Luckylee about Caesar
    Post 48: Spelling out the Garcia rule
    Post 76: More questions and a vote on Zeit, along with a leading question for Stojil that reminds me of one of Kalas' questions for me in a Super Highschool Level Mafia:
    It both implies that there's something wrong with Mori's post and excuses Aek form explaining it.
    Post 105: A confession that he had no town reasoning behind asking Zeit a question earlier, a weird follow-up question for Luckylee and a request for scum reads from Wetnurse
    Post 107: A claim that he "I also asked questions, pressured and got discussion going," which is a major reach for a description of his play, more defensive bull, and a completely OMGUS vote for Typhon:
    Aek skipped over Typhon's point: that he was only attacking weak targets (Zeit, Lucky, and Wetnurse) in order to get them to slip up and form a mislynch. The only good part of the post was the end, where he asked Stojil about worlds.
    Post 127: Answers the bare minimum to my question about his reasons for voting for Typhon. Bullshit outrage about people pressuring his "scumhunting," when it's clear that he was going after easy lynches. A complaint about our inability to read his mind. Scum reads on Mori and Zeit without any reasoning. The Mori read in particular comes out of nowhere. Aek does not mention Typhon as a scumread despite the fact that he was voting for him.
    Post 145: Extends time. Null.
    Post 150: More justification of his early questions and a hypocritical demand to Typhon for more info on his reads. When asked to expand on his reasons for voting Typhon he says "I swapped to you because this is D1 and votes are the main method of applying pressure," which misses the point entirely.
    Post 174:
    The "someone" is way out of place, because that person was Typhon, this sentence was addressed to Typhon, and Aek apparently voted for Typhon because he made that accusation. The rest of the post is more defense.
    Post 177: Argues against roleclaiming.
    Post 179: A readwall with a bunch of statements that seem completely unsupported.
    Post 198: In which Aekiel ignored my many question about his readwall.
    Post 230: A bullshit response to only one of my questions, that basically says he voted Typhon for pressure and because Typhon's attack on him was weak. The bit about the vote on Typhon being partly for pressure should not be used that close to deadline. The post is ended with Aek saying he has a roleread of Zeit for no reason.
    Post 245: Self-preservation vote switch to Luckylee, who he had as a null read. Comes up with an Archangel plan, contradicting his earlier statement that there are no mechanics tricks.
    Post 247: Acknowledges a problem with the Archangel plan.
    Post 249: More defensiveness.
    Post 258: Addition to the Archangel plan.

Why haven't we lynched Aekiel already?

---------- Post automerged at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Apparently, that was unnecessary. Ah well.

---------- Post automerged at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Rubicon: Why were you voting for Luckylee?

Stojil: I don't think Kai will count this vote.

Because you need to take better notes. Why aren't commenting at all on Aekiel? You're not the type to miss this level of scumminess.

---------- Post automerged at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Don't do this. Agression is rarely a bad thing.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Rescind
    Lynch Vote: Aekiel

Goddammit.

12. Sesc

Yes. You showed exactly what I said: Too many questions. Aekiel is by no means the most suspicious person in this thread, and that's why I fail to see why we should be lynching him right now.

That aside:

13. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

fontisian, post #217, please.

14. Sesc

Posted before the addon. Comment on Aekiel is in this post, in the one you quoted, and in a few others.

15. fontisian

Wat. No. That's not what I was saying at all. Aek is scum because he:
    1. Only attacked easy targets, and those attacks were weak
    2. Contradicted himself multiple times
    3. Refuses to answer questions addressed to him
    4. Gave no reasoning with his vote for Typhon
    5. Talks about mechanics bullshit instead of reads or pressure

Did you even bother to read my post?

16. Sesc

I read what you were saying. I just didn't agree with it resp. with the interpretation of it.

But at least you are about the only person who even bothered to list reasons, so that's something, I suppose.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

“I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.”
    -- Pearl Jam, I Am Mine

Current Vote Total:

Aekiel (8): Bill Door (#84), Typhon (#99), Luckylee (#120), Zeitgeist (#140), Probellum (#170), Fontisian (#213), Dermon (#268), Uncle Stojil (#271)
    Luckylee (3): Moridin (#79), Rubicon (#225), Aekiel (#245)
    Typhon (3): Sesc (#72), Kalas (#131), Caesar (#171)

Abstaining: Wetnurse

It requires 8 to lynch, 10 to auto-hammer.

As always, updated information can be found in the status document.

Day has 17 minutes left.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Wetnurse voted Aekiel (#71)
    Sesc voted Typhon (#72)
    Aekiel voted Zeitgeist (#76)
    Probellum voted Moridin (#77)
    Uncle Stojil voted Fontisian (#78)
    Moridin voted Luckylee (#79)
    Bill Door voted Aekiel (#84)
    Fontisian voted Moridin (#85)
    Caesar voted Zeitgeist (#87)
    Rubicon voted Sesc (#91)
    Dermon voted Sesc (#96)
    Luckylee voted Sesc (#97)
    Typhon voted Aekiel (#99)
    Aekiel voted Typhon (#107) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist
    Luckylee unvoted Sesc (#108)
    Dermon unvoted Sesc (#109)
    Wetnurse unvoted Aekiel (#114)
    Luckylee voted Wetnurse (#116)
    Luckylee unvoted Wetnurse (#118)
    Luckylee voted Aekiel (#120)
    Uncle Stojil voted Rubicon (#130) | Previous Target: Fontisian
    Kalas voted Typhon (#131)
    Rubicon voted Kalas (#137) | Previous Target: Sesc
    Zeitgeist voted Aekiel (#140)
    Probellum voted Aekiel (#170) | Previous Target: Moridin
    Caesar voted Typhon (#171) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist
    Fontisian voted Aekiel (#213) | Previous Target: Moridin
    Dermon voted Luckylee (#215)
    Uncle Stojil voted Luckylee (#217) | Previous Target: Rubicon
    Rubicon voted Aekiel (#222) | Previous Target: Kalas
    Rubicon voted Luckylee (#225) | Previous Target: Aekiel
    Aekiel voted Luckylee (#245) | Previous Target: Typhon
    Dermon voted Aekiel (#268) | Previous Target: Luckylee
    Uncle Stojil voted Aekiel (#271) | Previous Target: Luckylee

18. fontisian

Stojil: Damn, knew I was forgetting something.
    I'm ignoring the begining because I'm not going to talk you into agreeing with me, and anyone in the thread can see my point by looking at the orginal points. Turning the issuing into a circle jerk won't help anything.

The phrase "don't exactly look scummy for how they handled the whole thing" leaves room for backtracking. "Exactly" is the worst word in there, as it weakens the entire statement. Again "didn't have scummy reactions to Moridin's readwall" is a straight up statement, while "dont exactly" is somewhere between calling those reactions scummy and not-scummy. The word "exactly" even has a slight implication that you were looking (or hoping) to call those reactions scummy, but couldn't find a justification to do so.

I wasn't creating an analogous statement. It was meant as a hyperbole to emphasize the problem with your original statement. I cut out the context to show what your post was actually saying about our alignments: that you couldn't exactly call the reactions scummy, but they might have still come from scum. Surely you see how that says nothing.

---------- Post automerged at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

That doesn't explain your statement. If anything, I'd say Aekiel had too few questions. He certainly didn't ask many scumhunting ones.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Gah. No time to properly answer. Stupid semantic argument, anyway, and I always win those. :)

More seriously, though, I thought you had some sort of follow-ups to your questions. Nevermind, then.

20. Sesc

That are too many questions for my taste, especially early on, and especially after the game had finally started. I hugely dislike questions as a means to generate discussion. It's too easy to do, so there's no real way to tell whether it's Mafia or Town doing it. Questions are for when you want something clarified, not a self-purpose tool to get the thread moving.