1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP Santa 2013

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Midknight, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Does anyone know if Promethieus is out on holidays? I wont have internet access after this Thursday until Next Tuesday.

2. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Steamgifts took forever to load for me, last night; when it finally did, it gave me some garbage about how it couldn't synch with my Steam account, but that seemed to have sorted itself out after a bit.

3. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Steamgifts has difficulties pretty regularly; generally reloading a few times fixes things, otherwise try back later :p

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The assigned stuff is done. I handed off the remaining like 40 games that I was keeping track of to Z to distribute, as I'm exhausted of looking at them. Steamgifts has trouble during the sales sometimes, just reload a few times or try again later and it's usually fine.

5. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Thanks for Darksiders, Middy!
    (And cheers to Ashan too!)

6. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Middy, next year, you should totally delegate a portion of these stuff to a staff member or something. I mean, honestly, you do a lot for DLP, you set aside your free time (time better spent doing stuff, I'm sure) assigning us games and stuff.

Seriously, you should get a couple minions and be done with it. You have the power.

USE IT

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It was only 287 lines to sort through and assign, ...wait.. yeah that was insane lol. I'm going to have help next year instead of slogging through 85% of it then asking for help. The biggest thing to help:

WISHLISTS

Don't wishlist everything, but have 10-20 games on your wishlist. AND ACTUALLY HAVE ONE! Out of the 200+ members we have in the steam group, there was at least 100 of them that didn't have wishlists. Around 90 people got games, several opted out, several had everything. The other 100 I cbf to ask them what they wanted, because it got stupid with me asking so many times for folks to make them. The other thing is to make your profile public, so I can use the wishlist app to sort through them all.

Banning bundles and the most seen games will help a ton too. I wanted to do it last year, but I didn't want to come off like I was slapping folks in the face if they only bought cheap games. I'm going to HAVE to do it for next years, because lets face it, if the game is on sale for 2$, anyone who wants it, is going to have it. If it's a bundle package, they're going to spend the 1$ and get the steam keys. Spend 7$ and get a AAA title during the Spring, Summer, Fall sales, instead of buying multiple 2$ indie flash sale games.

8. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Thanks Middy and Ashan for the copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown from steamgifts!

Whoops, sorry buddy :(

9. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Thank to Jon for the copy of the Darkness 2. And thanks to Middy for putting this together.

10. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ohm, I still have a few games in my inventory that haven't been given away. What to do with them?:)

11. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

Thanks again for organizing this Mid and thanks Big Z for the game.

Aside from that I think for games still left either create a group giveaway or post here to see if anyone is interested.

I still have Terraria here and my giveaway spots are occupied by Yak so... anyone?

Also I never bought any of the bundles(not having a credit card cuts me off from most sites really) so if anyone has one bothering them I am here. ;)

12. KGB

KGB Headmaster

You should give them away to a good home. My library would be a good place. Plenty of space to run around and play with other games. :p

Same here. If people have extras I would love to grab some.

13. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  14. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

So I sent a pm to some of you. Please reply, thanks.

15. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

16. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

It's ok since you've already done it and I was planning on letting you put both on SG anyway but for everyone else, would you please hold off on putting games on general callout/steamgifts until I post something to that effect? There is still some last minute assigning going on which should be done soon.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  17. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

In this exact case, I didn't even list GCII with my original short collection of things I had to offer. And everything else was given out as per Midknight's pm ;D

But yeah, sorry for rushing a bit.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  18. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Well, now that distributing is done, if anyone still have some extra games they want to give out, that'd be cool :p I didn't reach the 100$ limit to use steam gifts, so unfortunately haven't gotten anything yet :(

19. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Please do not make giveaways on SG for the games you've promised for DLP Secret Santa until I personally pm you or post here to give the ok. There is still some game distribution going on.

20. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Thanks to Gizmore for the Borderlands GOTY. Also Middy, Big Z and everyone else that contributes to these Secret Santa giveaways.