1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommendable Worm Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by NoxedSalvation, Nov 12, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Which begs the question of how GU managed to kill him.

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

She doesn't have to touch people to kill them...? He could still die, but his shard would reset him back to life. She kills him with some sort of ranged attack and steals the shard. Ez pz.

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

She can't harvest shards from a living person without touching them or killing them, meaning she either touched him or used her other minions to kill him, which seems equally unlikely given his track record.

4. Hello

Hello Professor

She or Foil are probably the worst match up for him because of their shard fucking up powers. I imagine that short of some dimensional tinkertech there would not be much to stop him.

5. frantic

frantic Boosted

No. I will fight you.

We're going to talk about my favorite character in Worm now. We're going to talk about the unsung fucking hero, the man who did everything because it was right, the most noble motherfucker in the entire universe.

Fucking Legend.

Legend isn't party to the entire scheme of Cauldron with Alexandria and Eidolon because he's "Too noble", and they were worried about his reaction.

But when the Protectorate broke the Triumvirate up, did Legend give up?

FUCK NO.

Legend still did the right thing, he still saved and protected people, because it was what he knew he had to do. Legend is the most heroic character in all of Worm.

Alexandria and Eidolon kept doing what they did because it was helping Cauldron, it would keep up appearances. Legend did it because it was right. When Chevalier needed a second in command, did he even think for a second about it? Did he ask himself, "Who is the bravest, most noble, most heroic person that I could ask to help me?"

He didn't. He had no reason to - it's always been Legend. And when Legend says yes, its twofold; he's been accepted by the people who had mistrusted him once more (and he's the only member of the Triumvirate that is), and he can be part of something greater then him, something that can save more lives.

Legend is one of the few, if not the only heroic character in Worm. And of them all, he's the most fucking heroic. When I compare Legend to Superman, I don't do it lightly or because I have a raging erection for Legend (I totally have a massive hardon for Legend), it's because I know that it's fucking true.

tl;dr 1v1 faget legend is true hero

6. Oz

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Nope, Aegis is better.

8. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Seriously. The Defiant & Dragon interlude? She shows inhuman levels of nobleness. Pretty much my favorite character in all of Worm, outside of Taylor. (She totally surpassed Taylor for a moment when she gave her that hug, after Skitter became Weaver.)

9. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

People seem to have pretty high standards for heroes. I personally consider the whole Triumvirate as such. Just showing up for every Endbringer attack and every other big calamity and risking their lives again and again is more than enough.

I also don't consider Cauldron to be the bad guys. They knew that an extinction event was coming not just to their Earth, but to all Earths. They also had Contessa who can literally see the path to victory.
    Generally we say that "the ends justify the means" is a bad norm, but that is because people are really bad at making that judgment. This doesn't really apply here. If there is one person who actually can make that judgment, it's Contessa.
    She also succeeded in the end. Arguably without what they've done, the world would have ended.

That's probably a point that could be disputed. Was, what happened, Contessa's plan being successful? Humanity was saved after all.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, all of Cauldron's plans failed. It was only an eleventh hour save from Taylor and Lisa that stopped Scion.

11. Oz

Without Cauldron Scion most likely would have won, though.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    True, but the same can be said for lots of others as well. Still, Cauldron did not save the world. It tried and it failed.

The ones who truly saved the world were Taylor, Panacea, the Undersiders and the Simurgh.

13. Doctor Nero

Doctor Nero First Year

Against Scion they contributed quite a lot, though let's not forget that Eden was even more dangerous and that if Doctor Mother hadn't encouraged Fortuna to kill the entity Earth would've been quite the bad place to live in.

14. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

How do you know?

That's the problem with Contessa's power. You can't be sure that it wasn't all just part of an even bigger plan. Doctor Mother thought all her plans failed. Maybe exactly that was necessary to drive Taylor far enough to the edge so she would do what she did in the end.

15. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Considering Contessa's power was explicitly impotent wherever Scion (as well sa the Endbringers, Shards, and, technically, Eidolon) was directly involved, you can't really make that statement with any degree of certainty.

For any other goal, I would agree with you. PtV is just bullshit like that, but when your end goal is killing something that is a literal blindspot in the power, it falls apart. It still comes down to people making the exact same judgment call of "Will X be enough?" without any way to know whether or not it is.

In my view, Cauldron was not evil so much as arrogant. They trusted PtV far too much, and used it to rationalize their actions as being "for the greater good", when they all knew it was unreliable at best wherever Scion was involved.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  16. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Couple questions:
    Did Legend and Hero have an affair going on?

Also is the Sleeper's power ever explicitly stated?

17. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

May I inquire from where, exactly, did the first question come?

As for the second one, I don't think so.

18. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Haha well I don't know, but in the Legend interludes he seems to think about Hero an awful lot. Combine that with Legend being gay and it's not a huge stretch.

19. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

1) As far as I know, even the possibility of such is never raised in canon. It almost certainly never happened.

2) No. All anyone knows about his power is that Khepri saw him and could have taken him but judged him as (if memory serves) too dangerous to bother with.

20. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Not open for further replies.