1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. blab

blab Second Year

Yes. Then they could have killed 2 townies (if the judge wasn't dead), though, and as I already said, I didn't fancy our chances winning then.
    I argued this yesterday

2. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

I also found these:
    It reads like Font is making excuses for Luckylee. Additionally, the wording about "the pros and cons of bussing" puts her entire altercation with Luckylee following Zeit's reveal into question.
    In one sentence, she attacks him, while still casting doubts as to his competence, all without calling him scum.

3. blab

blab Second Year

So Probellum/Me is not aligned with Rubicon because Probellum said that he confused Rubicon with Kalas???? That's kinda weak.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Basically, /barn this.

I'm fine with lurking out the rest of the Day/fastforwarding Nights if Luckylee, then font ends the game.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Did you just admit to not reading my opening wall on Day 3?

If that's true, then why didn't you bring it up earlier? Why would scum not having daychat stop them from attempting to regular lynch Lucky?

Oh, and Dermon, why are you misrepresenting my interactions with Lucky?

You were worried about us being 6-3, with both Dermon and Lucky as scum, correct? With Dermon judgekilling a townie and the night kill, we would have been at 4-3 toDay, with a survivor!Lucky to deal with. Alright, I see your point.

6. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Firstly, she's more apathetic than usual, with no particular regard to whether she is night-killed. My past Mafia experience with Vira reminds me that she only reacts like that if she has an element of safety. Furthermore, her apathy is more emblematic of a "passive" role, one that does not entail active night actions. These two criterion match Recluse rather well.

Not particularly, maybe admittedly mainly to your questions. My objective is to lynch a Witch, and unfortunately, I have a feeling that you might be one. My methods could probably do with some tweaking, but I have you and Dermon as an unaligned pair. If you could maybe give me a good case as to why you think Dermon is more scummy than you, I'll consider backing up and lynching Dermon instead.

The lack of doubt-casting and pleading. Witches usually squirm more when they are under the microscope, and as CPi pointed out, Dermon exhibited signs of frustration but not pleading or doubt-casting. Moreover, many of his posts, such as #727, reminded me more of townie who was trying to self-rationalise why he had become a victim or come to terms with why he had become a target.

A Witch who could fake that level of genuine misunderstanding has to be a consummate actor, and Dermon is no Ashaya. Only somebody like her or Palindrome's pedigree in HoT could fake that. Nevertheless, I am not entirely convinced that he's a townsperson, although I am leaning towards it. Since you and Dermon are unaligned pairs in my charts, I'm only willing to lynch one of you. I'll back off your case if you could adequately explain to me why Dermon is more problematic than your own interactions with Luckylee so far.

7. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Think about it - if you were scum, you would be looking at each and every post that your partner makes, trying to make sure that you don't align yourself with them, or trying to distance yourself from them. A scum player would not simply "confuse" his scummate with someone else, as they would be aware of them at all times.

8. blab

blab Second Year

ARGH!!!!!!!

ZEITGEIST STOP IGNORING ME. WHY DID YOU ASK THE VIRA+ZEIT SCUM QUESTION, WHAT POST WERE YOU REFERRING TO; WHY DID YOU JUST REPEAT A QUESTION LUCKY ASKED ME? IF YOUR GOAL IS TO MAKE ME SUSPECT A LUCKYLEE/RUBICON/ZEIT/VIRA TEAM CON_FUCKING_GRATULATIONS!!!!

You're still taking his word for it, that was my point.

9. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

No, I hadn't gotten that far. But after reading this, I did take a look at it, and I don't see this interaction mentioned at all.

10. fontisian

Zeit: I don't understand what you mean about Vira. I expect a townie with immunities to night kills on half the days to act as towny as possible to draw a nightkill. Aparthy stemming from a role is far more likely among scum recluses and gamblers, because their role becomes useless.

Actually, we must be using a different meaning of apathy here, because I don't see how a lack of fear of nightkills is in any way apathetic or vice versa.

The part of Dermon's defense that had me willing to lynch him was this:
    This is something I've seen from scum, including myself, before. He attempted to attack CPi's credibility by pointing out an inconsistency and then weakly implying that CPi was scum over it.

Proph: It's really difficult to show you that I'm town when I don't even understand why you think otherwise. Do I need to claim JoaT to get you to do some scumhunting? More seriously, if I'm lynched toMorrow, will you start scumhunting afterwards or just collapse into a puddle of self doubt?

11. blab

blab Second Year

Yes, kind of, the only difference is that we wouldn't have known who the survivor is, ergo both scum killing Moridin and lynching the survivor would have been possible.

12. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Because it doesn't tell us anything. If we accept that there was no scum plan to keep Lucky alive, it doesn't discount scum on the vote wagon for normal purposes of distancing. Or there might not be any there at all. As to the second question, they wouldn't be able to coordinate a move like that (ie. Lucky's self-hammer).

13. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

I was getting to yours, blab. Considering how long my readwall was getting, I wanted to keep your section separate.

Yes, you mentioned it as one of several possibilities. I wanted to see your reaction to fontisian's Vira/Zeit allegations and whether you were actually listening to her.

I have classes, so I can't comb through the entire thread and find all of them, but mainly, I didn't like the posts which listened to fontisian after I role-revealed. You're not as suspicious as her, though, and even if she makes a good case for her innocence, I am starting to believe that Dermon will be the one we will be lynching.

The one thing I will note is your case of capslock. In many cases, scum fake anger in order to seem town-aligned in their genuine frustrations. Little Knee used that gambit in TinyHunt #1, and I somewhat did it myself as scum in Gotham. While I acknowledge your frustrations, could you at least understand my point as to scum who fake anger?

---------- Post automerged at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Fontisian, Vira likes active roles, or roles which ask her to submit night actions. When she does not receive a role like that, she understandably becomes more reclusive. In a way, she is the opposite of Sesc, who doesn't balk but instead relishes the freedom offered by that sort of role. Vira, on the other hand, doesn't feel particularly emotionally invested in the game and also doesn't mind if scum night-kills her, which indicates a possible town!Recluse.

If she were a scum!Recluse, she'd be baiting more responses because she'd be playing more actively and enthusiastically.

14. fontisian

Did you not notice these other two post either?
    Again, why would the inability to coordinate stop them from adding to Lucky's wagon?

15. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Oh, crap. How did I miss that? And no, I didn't get far enough down the thread to read the other two posts.

Nothing would prevent them from adding to the wagon, but they wouldn't do so in a coordinated fashion. They wouldn't all get the same idea (regular lynch Luckylee because he'll survive) independently.

16. fontisian

:/ If you think I'm scum and Dermon's town, then push that.

Ah. To clarify, you think Vira is not emotionally invested in this game and that makes her more likely to be town, correct?

My problem with that is Vira must be aware of her own meta, and thus able to fake it, and, well, that the defense comes from you.

---------- Post automerged at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

The point is that this has already been a topic of discussion, which is why your claim to have just found it reads like you weren't paying close attention to the thread previously.

1. I think that you, blab and Vira are more scummy for adding those votes. You especially, because you had no reason to worry about the judge not killing Lucky. 2. You are implying that you know there is more than one scum (besides Lucky) left. 3. Why wouldn't they get that idea independently, and why couldn't they have discussed it beforehand?

17. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

It probably got overshadowed by everything else that happened early D3, like Zeit's roleclaim.

How am I doing that?
    I don't think they would have discussed it because a Luckylee lynch did not look probable going into D3.

---------- Post automerged at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Crap, meant to say D4.

18. fontisian

Oh, it was defintely overshadowed. That doesn't explain how you missed it completely.

The "they" and the comment about coordination refers to multiple scum and doesn't make sense if it refers to Luckylee, as he would only have to pick up on the fact that he was close to a lynch.

You didn't answer the first part of the question, nor is the part you did answer convincing (Rubicon didn't look like a probably lynch going into Day 2, and the Priest didn't look particularly likely to reveal, but the scum team either had a plan in place or reacted well).

19. blab

blab Second Year

Ok, thanks.
    This doesn't make sense? Why do you think I would put anything about whatever fontisian says in my response when you ask me:
    blab: Why did you say that Vira and I were Witches?
    You claim you know that I didn't say this...Why would I say something else except "I didn't say this?"
    Now: Yes, I was actually listening to her. I also think sounding me off like that is suspicious, I can see the scum-motivation more clearly than the town one.

As a sidenote I misremembered the question Lucky asked.
    I probably conflated this one with yours because they were both leading as fuck. (I said neither of these things)

Why? And that kinda contradicts what you said earlier:
    Why do you phrase this as if my understanding of your point is some kind of concession I can make? And yes I understand the point.

Could you then at least understand that you're very frustrating, giving three different answers to the same question on three different Days, selectively not answering questions, not spelling out your suspicions so I can actually properly answer them?

20. fontisian

So, this died.

Dermon: Are you ever going to follow up on my comment about you misrepresenting my interactions with Lucky?