1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Night ends!

Prophylaxis was attacked in the night, but survived!

Day lasts for 60 hours, etc.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yay.

Lynch Vote: Font.

I've outlined my reasons already on Font. If it's not her, it's either Blab or Dermon.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ahahaha, fuck you scum. That's what you get for trying to use Proph to shoot me.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote fontisian

choo choo

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

btw, 7 alive, 4 majority, 5 day ending super majority.

6. fontisian

OK, my mafia induced high is now replaced by sheer disbelief. What the hell, Proph? You are the claimed DOB, and I was your strongest scum read. The scum just fucking tried to kill us both, and you're voting for me?

7. Vira

High Score:
    That's a good point, actually.

Rescind Vote.

8. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

My Oracle powers have activated. Only one Witch remains.

Now, who originally claimed to be the Gambler? We need to look into that, because I am weirded out that Prophylaxis claimed to be DOB but somehow survived. Unless Angels were at play. Fontisian is a good default lynch because she is smart enough to anticipate the town's reaction to a Prophylaxis NK, but we'll see how this discussion rolls.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Unvote

If/when I get motivated I will PoE this game out but my brain is turned off right now and has been since the end of Day 3.

10. Vira

High Score:
    I can't see how scum!Font would predict that Proph would be protected by Angels, and therefore make an indirect attack on herself. That has so many ways of backfiring. If she did do that, then I dunno guys, I think we're doomed.

Proph, who was your DOB target?

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

My DOB target was font.

12. Vira

High Score:
    Alright. I remember the day before Chocolate Pi got killed that there was some kind of plan to use Assassin!Moridin to kill the most scummy people? What ever happened to that?

Until Blab visits the thread:

Lynch Vote: Blab.

13. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Yeah, but he also told us that lynching Moridin to get that effect should be a point of last resort.

---------- Post automerged at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

If Zeit's telling the truth (which I am inclined to believe), we have plenty of room to figure things out ourselves.

14. fontisian

Zeit, I wouldn't have had to worry about everyone's reaction to a Proph night kill, because I'd be dead.

Hey Dermon. I think we were discussing how you misrepped me before we got cut off yesterDay.

15. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Yeah, I was going to start attacking you again, but you made a pretty damn good point about Proph being killed to get a 2 for 1.

---------- Post automerged at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Of course, scum could have just hit Proph early, so he would have the maximum number of people to choose from when arranging his DOB kill.

---------- Post automerged at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

But that also brings into question why they didn't hit Zeitgeist, if they knew that he would get the "1 witch" popup at the beginning of the day?

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I feel like the last scum is trying to play some last-minute desperation WIFOM gambit that probably won't work.

More news at 11.

17. Zeitgeist

I'd be okay with a blab lynch. The probable townspeople are me and Proph, so that leaves blab, Moridin, Vira, Dermon, and fontisian as our main suspects. Now that BD and Luckylee are most definitely Witches, we have a lot more material to work with.

Honestly, I was convinced that fontisian is the last Witch, but the last Night's events changes a few things. I guess we have some time to discuss and work things out. Vira, why were you so quick to vote for fontisian and then blab? What do you think of Dermon?

18. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Okay, so the only way Font's scum is if she's in the same scumteam as Zeit, which I don't really see, so I think she's significantly better now.

I am somewhat surprised that Zeit wasn't hit, but I guess suppressing the information he gave wasn't as lucrative to scum as getting rid of the DoB and another town simultaneously, bringing us down to 5 people.

Proph similarly feels town as I don't think he'd go for such a dangerous gambit, unless he lied about his role which I don't think works.

So that leaves blab, Vira, Dermon, Zeit.

Can we get a role call, just to have it in one place?

19. Zeitgeist

I don't know why you mentioned me in the list of possible Witches, considering that we have already discussed why I am probably town. I agree that fontisian and Prophylaxis are probably town, however,

Blab, Vira, Moridin, and Dermon are our avaialble choices. Although Dermon's interactions with fontisian don't look particularly good, the last Witch must have known that if fontisian dies and is innocent, Dermon would automatically implicated as a murderer. That makes him slightly better. Moridin is not super likely to be a Witch, because he would have Assassin-killed everybody by now. That leaves either Vira or blab, and I'd prefer a lynch on the latter, mainly because he has been super-lurking and we can always lynch Vira after blab.

20. blab

blab Second Year

@Zeit: Nobody claimed to be the gambler.

Okay, because of what Zeit said, (and if you trust my unaligned pairs) (and if you trust town!Proph, town!Moridin) we're in one of these worlds:

Zeit!scum:
    1.LuckyRubiconZeitVira
    2.LuckyRubiconZeitDermon
    (3.LuckyRubiconZeitblab)
    Bill!scum:
    3.LuckyRubiconBillFontisian
    4.LuckyRubiconBillDermon
    (5.LuckyRubiconBillblab)

(If you don't trust the pairs, add:
    6.LuckyRubiconZeitFontisian
    7.LuckyRubiconBillVira
    8.LuckyRubiconBillZeit)

@Vira:
    The assassin plan as fontisian suggested was -town at that point. If you need me to I can elaborate. I don't remember any other.
    I guess, since the survivor doesn't exist anymore and we are 99.99% sure of Proph=town it makes a tiny bit more sense now. It's actually not totally stupid if we can be sure that Zeit is the Oracle even if scum.
    Moridin would basically kill everybody starting with Zeit (since all 2-man teams include him) Problem is that scum still wins/ties if it's one of the last two targets and fakeclaimed.(depending on if it's recluse/gambler how we use my extra life, if we put Dermon last).
    The result would look for example (let's go with ChoPi's reads) like this:
    If Zeit is the oracle: we win if Dermon isn't scum, loose if Dermon is scum and fakeclaimed, tie if Dermon is scum!judge.
    If Zeit isn't the Oracle we sacrifice Moridin for the knowledge that Zeit is scum

Now:
    Does it make sense for scum!fontisian to target Proph? I don't know.
    If scum!font is the gambler it's from her perspective:
    1.either this situation, or
    2.one where Proph died and nobody else died
    3.one where Proph died and somebody else died.
    I guess the situation 2 is not that much worse from her perspective than the situation if she had killed somebody else, 1 wastes a kill for Wifom and 3 is favorable.
    If she isn't the gambler it makes slightly less sense given that case 2 changes to scum instant-looses (if you discard Rubicon/Lucky/Zeit/fontisian)
    I guess it's possible. How likely is it that the Angels would protect Proph if the Demons curse Moridin? If she can bank on that it might make sense to sacrifice a kill for the long-shot to "town-firm" herself, given that she would be likely lynched in all other cases.

On the other hand it makes more sense for every other possible scum to kill Proph, given that that's one town!firmed and a rather good chance at loosing another town, especially given that Proph needs to be killed anyway a some point. But wouldn't scum have cursed Proph then? I frankly can't imagine any scum wasting a chance to kill proph and town!font for .....confusion I guess? I mean even if we lynch fontisian now, that's a net loss for not!fontisian!scum vs. actually killing Proph. It's actually more likely for scum to just have messed up.

---------- Post automerged at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Seriously?

Why? I don't see it.

btw, we now have reverse confirmation on the signal.

---------- Post automerged at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

@Zeit: Tell me how a Lucky/Rubicon/Vira/Bill team makes sense from your perspective?

I'm frankly baffled that you're considering anything but Lucky/Rubicon/Bill/(font/Dermon/blab)

---------- Post automerged at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

@Moridin: Elaboration: What's your reason for dismissing Rubicon/Bill/Lucky/Font.