1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder PbP- Way of the Wicked- Knot of Thorns

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Vesvius, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Typhon, you're cool. I'm not naming names right now, but everyone who that was aimed at knows it.

2. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Roland glances around, looking both bemused and confused at the situation.

"Right in that case I'll put some of that armor on too, or at least what pieces I can. However it might be best if I wear a helmet or something, not too many Tiefling guards I wager."

Looking around and glancing at the Hobgoblin and Half-Orc he adds, "Both of you as well, you're not exactly inconspicuous."

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Ahh. Okay. Umm... yeah.

Brukel
    Cast Message (in Common)
    "Perhaps I can get you to be my voice instead: I tried to speak through Ruby, but she has plans of her own it seems, because she had been silent since. I will simply say to you what I said to her:

'With that in mind, I have some ideas and requests that I would like you to consider and verbalize, as the ogre's presence essentially mutes me. First, I think that only you, I, and the human, and perhaps the half orc, should dress as guards. The rest should pose as prisoners. That splits the garrison evenly here even, hopefully keeping the upper echelon of the prison from sending reinforcements to the guards here and catching us. That also handles the poor armor fits. Additionally, see if you can talk Grumblejack. Convince him to stay here; tell him that these little ones will send him more guards to smash soon. He is simple; he'll never realize we're leaving him behind as a vanguard. If I can create paperwork requesting a move, I will, That's my new task, least. If you have any questions or alterations, just speak them aloud, and I will reply like this.'"

4. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

"We have to leave quickly before someone comes upon this scene. Place the bodies in the cell and lock it behind us. I would do it myself, but I am far too weak."

To Lexi:
    "Lead on."

5. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

"If anyone can, perhaps we can disguise the guards to look like us and leave them here. As for the rest, Hadzan, Kevdak and myself are the best to pretend to be guards, considering the size limitations and the rest of you look decidedly unlike our departed friends. Zardok too, possibly." Roland frowns his forehead creasing as he considers his next words.

Roland turns and looks at Grumblejack, pausing a moment to consider his words.

"My friend, you have been sorely mistreated by the other small ones. And while we all share their size I can assure you that there is no love between us. However if you wish to repay the jailer small ones for your confinement then I am sure that there will soon be many small ones coming this way. Surely you wish to get your revenge on them for poisoning you? In fact we will leave now and find more of them to send to you while you wait, isn't that great?"

Roll for a diplomacy check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4433705/ = 13+3= 16

Quietly to the group

"Let's do this quickly and leave, we don't have much time."

6. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

7. Vesvius

Loot: Every guard had a club and a longsword on them, as well as chainmail armor. One of them carried a brass signaling horn, thankfully unsounded. None of them have any gold, though one does have a wooden holy sunburst of Mitra.

So that's 6 Longswords, 6 Clubs, 6 sets of chainmail, and 1 wooden holy symbol of mitra.

Roland's Bluff: 16+2(Dominic asissts)
    Grumblejack's Sense Motive: NATURAL 20!

Grumblejack looks at you all, and sneers.

"You must think Grumblejack is stupid. You must think Grumblejack not know what you're doing. You try to leave Grumblejack behind! Grumblejack has seen these walls for too long!"

Grumblejack growls slightly.

"Grumblejack is willing to help. Grumblejack is willing to be a..." He scratches himself idly, trying to think of the words. "... a TEAM PLAYER! But if little ones think they will leave Grumblejack alone in his personal hell, instead of taking Grumblejack, then-"

He glares at Roland again. "Then you not too different from other little ones."

Grumblejack shifts his stance again, and steps on the other guard's head.

8. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

"We simply thought you would have more fun smashing any guard that come through. My apologies, Grumblejack."

I grab the holy symbol, to be burned at a later time, and stay far away from the troll.

9. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I finish dressing up like a guard.
    "Well, let's get this show on the road."

10. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

11. Vesvius

"Good." Grumblejack stomps over, ignoring any weapons pointed at him. He stops, and looks at the unconscious female guard.

"Are we done with her?" He asks, and without waiting for a response, puts a fist through her skull.

"Thought so."

Ok. Is this settled?

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

"Grumblejack, sweetie, we have a problem. I'm planning to take these guys and walk out the front door looking like this guard. I'd love to take you with me... but there's a problem. You're much too... big and dangerous for us to feasibly be transporting you on our own. We're gonna have to find you another way out."

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Perception 20 to scan the room for any other helpful items. Barring any, I grab the rest of the items Dominic's benefactor produced and wait for everyone else to be ready. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4433802/

Ves: what does wearing chainmail do to my casting? I honestly can't remember, and I'm on my phone. Oh, and I am right to assume he'll (Grumblejack) recognize my voice, right?

14. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Lexgud shrugged, unravelling the rope from the headless corpse of the female guard. What a waste of a perfectly good slave.

"Ah well. There's more where that came from. Shame, she could have fetched a nice price.
    " Lexgud said before putting on the chainmail shirt and clipping the longsword's hilt. "Let's get out of here before more guards come then."

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

16. Vesvius

Ruby's diplomacy check: 25
    Grumblejack's Sense Motive: 14+0
    Ruby's successful!

As she talks, Ruby moves around the rest of the group, changing things and altering them, trying to make some party members look like guards and some dead guards look like prisoners.

As she speaks, Grumblejack's face falls.

"But... but Grumblejack wanted to..."
    The ogre looks away. "Grumblejack leave at separate time. But Know that Grumblejack only doesn't start squishing because he doesn't want to attract more little ones."

"If Grumblejack sees any of you again, being a team player is last thing on Grumblejack's mind."

With that, Grumblejack storms back towards the two headless bodies outside his cell, sits down, and pulls off an arm. He starts gnawing on it, staring at you all intently.

Typhon: If you talk, you'll find out!

And also, chainmail provides a 30% spell check failure. So every time you tried to cast, you'd have to roll a d20. On a 1-6, you'd automatically fail.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Nothing on perception?

18. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Before we leave, I cast detect magic on the symbol of Mitra.

19. Vesvius

Oh, sorry. Nope. Nothing.

20. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

"Hey, sweetie, come here."

Ruby pulls out her letter.

"You keep this. You see the directions it gives? If... no, WHEN you get out. I want you to meet me there, ok?"

Ruby will reach up on tip toes to pat him on the head.

"Now be a good boy and squish some little one skulls for me, kay~?"