1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder PbP- Way of the Wicked- Knot of Thorns

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Vesvius, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Marcinus, seeing the other guards at the end of the room hunches his shoulders and looks down at the floor and continues to shuffle on with the group.

2. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Dominic realizes he should probably be silent in the presence of other guards, as it would be strange for a prisoner to be talking somewhat amicably with guards.
    Not that he was talkative before.
    Seeing Marcinus' actions, he does something similar.

OOC: More dead guards = more loot, ya? Ya.

3. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Roland looks at the ground and concentrates on making himself appear as close to human as he can.

4. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The group shuffles down the hall, the ones with dressed like guards surrounding those still in rags, Ruby in the lead. One guard, the one who is not swaying, steps forward.

"Sgt. Kylpha! What's going on? What're you doing with those prisoners?"

Ruby, give me Bluff. Bonus for RPing. That's going to be a thing now.

5. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Marcinus turns his head away from the guard and tugs on the ends of his sleeves. Attempting to project the atmosphere of a beaten down prisoner.

6. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hadzan straightens, becoming the ideal of an attentive guard, while readying Acidic Ray in case things devolve to combat.

7. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Ruby will give the guards behind her a hold sign and walk forward to the man

"There's been an issue down in the prison. Apparently some of the prisoners were taunting Grumblejack and he broke out and crushed all their skulls. I managed to get as many of my guards and prisoners out safely as I could, but there was no way I could stay there and deal with that rampaging ogre. I came looking for help. I'm taking the prisoners as far away from that monster as possible. We can't have them getting themselves killed before they have a chance to see the Axe, can we?

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4437448/

8. Vesvius

Ruby's Bluff: 29+5*=34!
    Guard's Sense Motive: 17+2**+5**=24!
    Bluff successful!

*+5 for believable story
    **+2 for skill bonus
    ***+5 for suspicious around prisoners

A look of horror passes over the guard's face. "Oh no! Not the ogre! You know what it took to get him caged last time!" He spins to face his companion.

"Harold! Alert the-" He stops and looks at his partner again. "Oh, for all of Mitra's love..." He looks back at you. "Harold was at tonight's game. He never could hold his drink." The guard reaches toward his partner's belt, which has a large, brass, signal horn hanging from it.

Do you stop him?

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Bluff check 30 (rolled an 11; as per Numerological Gift, I can take that as a nat 20 once daily, and choose to do so here). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4437496/

"Wait! If you blow that horn right now, Harold is done for. Drunk on duty? He'll be discharged from the guard if he's lucky - if he's lucky. And that's if he survives facing a rampaging ogre while drunk. The Sergeant and the rest of us have seen enough lives wasted for one night. Instead, why don't you take your friend and join the guard on the prisoners, and let our newest fellow (indicate Kevdak) and myself take your spots at the doors. We were partially responsible for the travesty upstairs as it was; we shouldn't have let the prisoners talk. We'll blow the horn when you're out of the line of action. Save Harold's life, for Mitra's sake! Anything less is basically executing him. The ogre can be handled with care, we just needed more men. With the garrison at our back, we can handle it without you."

Still ready acidic ray, against the sober guard

10. Vesvius

Hadzan's Bluff Results: 30
    Guard's Sense Motive: 17+5*

*The story going against several facts the guard knows and believes.

The guard freezes, but thinks for a second. "The horn would call the warden, and he'd be none too happy about Harold's state. But Captain Blackerly would have our hides if-"

Harold stumbles over, and throws an arm around his partner's shoulder. "So, dude. Did you hear about Kristoff's whining earlier?" He slurs, seeming not to have heard a word any of you have said. "He's all 'The Woman couldn't have, but then the Captain said that she-"

The guard grabs Harold, and begins walking him to one of the doors on the left. "You have a point. I'll go put Harold to bed and go barricade the door to the cells. Get to the gatehouse! Captain Blackerly's running a game there. He'll have the Nose and a few men. Don't worry about the horn. We don't want the wizard coming down unless absolutely necessary."

The guard half turns back. "Thank you...." He squints, trying to place you.

Guard makes a perception check!
    Guard's Perception= 14+2=16
    VS Hadzan: 16 vs 31 FAIL
    Vs Roland: 16 vs 35 FAIL
    Vs Zadok: 16 vs 23 FAIL
    vs Kevdak: 16 vs 23 FAIL

Ruby, make a disguise check. With your disguise bonus and your +10 from disguise self, you can only fail on a nat 1. Let's see if one happens.

11. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Derp ten char

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

13. Vesvius

27+10*=37
    16 vs 37 FAIL

*+10 for Disguise Self

The guard's face clears and he nods, before he continues half-dragging, half-carrying Harold towards the Barracks.

You find yourselves alone in the entry hall. There are two doors to your left, one on your right, and a large set of double doors before you. There's also the door to your back, that would lead you back towards the cells.

What do you do?

I know you said you wanted to do things on autopilot for a bit, but here, we need to make a decision.

---------- Post automerged at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Oh, and

You gain another 65 XP for getting out of that without fighting!

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Common, to group

"What say you to following these guards and killing them in the barracks to tie up a lose end, then gearing our fighters properly to assault this wizard? Or simply quickly going to kill the wizard and then hurrying out? Our charade is going to collapse in the guardhouse; there is essentially no reason for guards to bring prisoners there, that close to escape. I'd rather a wizard not come crashing down us while we're fighting our way out. As long as we pick the terms, we stand a much better chance. Additionally, it sounds as though the guards are away from the barracks and the tower, so we can grab the items needed to properly equip ourselves for the fight to come. And most likely acquire Zadok's map."

15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Lexgud shook his head, taking his hand away from the pommel of the sword. Always better to be prepared than not.

"The only thing I could get from the barracks would be a shield. Not worth the risk, you pointy hats seem intent on making a quiet exit, so lets get to it." Lexgud said, trying to ignore how ridiculous his comment sounded to him. A Hobgoblin with no interest in fighting? Ridiculous!

At this point though, he was more driven by curiosity about the future power he could receive than running around trying to kill everyone. When he had the power, he'd lay siege to this prison and take everyone inside prisoners, turning it into a private fortress, but until then, he just wanted out.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Wildfeather, you were actually who I had in mind. You're currently equipped as a prisoner.

17. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

"Hadzan makes a valid point. If we deal with the wizard now, it's also one less person in Mitra and the king's service. Despite this, searching for this wizard in an enemy fortress is not the brightest idea, not when we are so close to escape. If we must fight, we should fight where we can easily retreat to freedom."

18. Wildfeather

High Score:
    No I'm not. I'm wearing chainmail and a longsword, do you really think a guard wouldn't notice that underneath prisoner rags? Or do you really think I'd agree to being a prisoner as one of the two martial classes actually playing in this campaign, as a former military member of separate societies?

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

You had a body type unsuited to human armor (or at least to passing yourself off as a human under said armor), so I assumed you agreed to be a prisoner for that reason. Lexi didn't roll a disguise check for you, and Ves didn't roll a check for you just now either, so I don't think I'm the only one who thought that. I don't know, though, maybe I'm misinterpreting.

20. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Yeah, not sure what that's about but as long as I still have my chainmail and sword I don't really give a damn. It's a bit OOC but not enough of a reason to throw a hissy fit given the circumstances.

Also my build isn't such that armor needs to be specially modified or anything.