1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Its really not that bad, after all Graves relies on winning his lane to do anything, and this doesnt really help that much with that. Oh wait, I just looked at the numbers.

HAHAHA

I was a graves main all of s2. Its time, bring back the shotgun

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Basically all they did here was make it so that if the explosion or the projectile hits you, it does the same damage (at 6 at least, the projectile has a 1.4 scaling vs the explosion is 1.2) . This doesn't really add anything to Graves except slightly more power, and all the issues that already exist that make Graves a bad marksman still exist. Just adding numbers to a character to make them viable or better is the lowest form of balance.

So lazy LOL balancing at it's best.

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I like Grave's kit though. Maybe a slight buff to the passive would have been better, make him shine more at what he does--those balls-deep up-close skirmishes. His ults have the potential for hilarity now.

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Graves is my favourite ADC but I don't go near him because he's a shadow of his former self in this meta and it's disgusting that his ult is so weak in comparison to pretty much everyone's. You can have 2 - 3 items by the mid-game and your ult does nothing to the enemy team.

I feel like they really need to up his attack range ever so slightly, and maybe his base AS but they won't touch that because that's what made him such a monster way back when; that and his burst.

Now he's plagued by immobility (his E really doesn't count given his god-awful attack range) and alongside Jinx and Ashe, probably one of the easiest ADC's to gank/kill in lane respectively. I miss the days of Graves, but I suppose I don't miss the holy-trinity albeit you could argue a new trinity has formed between Lucian, Sivir and Caitlyn.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I would replace Caitlyn with Vayne. After testing Caitlyn for a while [Sivir being my norm] she's honestly a dumpster compared to Vayne, and her late game is god awful. The one huge pro she has going for her is that her early harass is incredible.

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The problem is that Cait shits all over Vayne for most of the game, so playing Vayne in solo queue is just painful, because she will probably get kills and snowball head and your team will rage and blah blah blah. Lategame Vayne crushes a lot of people, but people know how to play her counters better than teams know how to deal with those counters.

7. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

... Caitlyn's late game is hardly terrible. While it is true, when compared with Vayne/Tristana/Twitch it doesn't measure up, but her late game is by no means bad. With range + traps+ net, she is probably one of the safest adcs in teamfights.

8. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

This. She might not scale as well as Vayne/Trist when it hits 45+ minute games but come 6 items, her passive and her kit plus her range, she's one of the most difficult ADC's to catch and can consistently lay down damage throughout a fight.

This relies on her being played correctly, which means your positioning has to be godlike and even then you need a front-line. I'd love to see the likes of Genja play Caitlyn as at least in teamfights for the most part, he's the ADC I tend to notice the most in the Western scene who's positioning correctly every fight though obviously he isn't without his own faults.

Vayne as part of the trinity... Maybe, I wouldn't say she's common enough yet in the pro scene though she's definitely top 4 by a long way and to me at least she seems like a bad pick given the current meta revolves around mobility (which she has plenty of + stealth, great for her) and big bruisers who can get on top of her; that and she has to be in the middle of the fight or going around the outskirts to really do her job - too risky an ADC for my playstyle, but ADC's also my 4th roll and Cait's just a point & click bot for beginners. So a very contradictory paragraph.

Certainly a coin-flip between Caitlyn and Vayne in my eyes as to who gets 3rd spot for different reasons.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Doublelift uses Vayne quite often to huge effect and she's a regular pick in Korea alongside Sivir.

10. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I doubt anyone would say Vayne isn't used/ popular. I was simply contesting the fact that Caitlyn has a bad late game.

Either way, Vayne's popularity is usually heavily dependent on the meta. If strong early game adcs are being played along with aggressive supports (Lucian, Cait, Leona, Annie), then his popularity goes down. If champions that are less aggressive such as Ezreal, Jinx, Janna, Sona are played, then Vayne's popularity goes back up.

Edit: Xiph, do you play on NA? If you are, I don't think I have you added. If you don't, than nvm :p

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I do, Wulfetone, go ahead and add me.

Edit: Also every Ezreal and Jinx I run across are the most aggro fucks on the planet.

12. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

13. The Berkeley Hunt

Vayne is only played in Korea by a select few who use her as a niche pick. Caitlyn's late game is pretty meh, she does get outscaled by most popular carries.

14. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Omfg, that CLG vs TSM game today was amazing.

Go watch it, everyone!

15. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Have to say, that was one of the most entertaining games I've watched in the LCS. Seeing Dyrus get shoved off three times mid-ult was ridiculously hilarious. That whole game was a good showing from CLG. Mad props to them.

16. The Berkeley Hunt

KT Rolster Arrows 2-0 SKT T1 K and knock them out of group stages in OGN. World Champions who?

17. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

URF mode has just made me love Syndra more.

18. TSN

TSN Auror

? spell spam akali/kat, and shroom vile teemo

19. Torric

Torric Third Year

So uh. The last game I played was to get into my Plat I promos.

I went and played Renekton because I'm super confident at wrecking anyone who isn't Ryze at top. What actually happened was that I went 0/3 against a Gold I Lee Sin. I ended the game 3/10/13 having been completely carried by our late game Vayne.

I'm just posting this because I am at a complete loss. I haven't lost lane so bad ever since I was a noobie silver and I've never had someone just put me in their backpack where all I contributed was being a meat shield.

I don't know what to think of this. So yeah, I dunno why I posted this, maybe to just get it off my chest. I feel very strange right now.

20. The Berkeley Hunt

I had a strange run of games with a guy called Best Nidalee OCE (possibly a girl, said they were on periods). Anyway she wrecked face every game of the three we played.

Not open for further replies.