1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder PbP- Way of the Wicked- Knot of Thorns

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Vesvius, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Well damn. I had hoped Lexi would have time to drop by first, and then I managed a shit roll. :facepalm Hadzan says this contingent on Lexi not coming back first. If she speaks, use the bluff check as an aid another roll and ignore the message.

Loudly enough the guard can hear, Common
    "Wait! I'm sorry, but wouldn't it be better if Sgt. Kylpha delivered the news herself? It was on her watch that these things happened, and it was her decision to bring the prisoners along. It might be best if she tells Sargeant Blackerly herself; we will keep the prisoners out here under guard while they talk. Is that acceptable, or would you prefer to simply tell him yourself?"

Perception Check 23 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4444536/

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm assuming that by perception, you meant bluff. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Bluff check: 23
    Sense Motive: 15+10*=25

Bluff failed!

*+10 for already being suspicious, and wanting to report this to his superior ASAP

The guard doesn't even pause to acknowledge your call. He half-walks, half-runs into the guardhouse.

3. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

"We may have a battle on our hands, it might be best if we remove these shackles from everyone."

4. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

"And get ready to find a better position, or prepare to bust our way out." Roland adds wryly.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I did mean bluff, sorry.

Quietly, Common
    "Wait. Make sure the shackles are loose enough to be disposed of quickly, but leave them on for just a moment more. We might as well try this the easy way first."

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Lexgud shrugged, looking around to get an idea of the courtyard.

"What will come, comes." Lexgud declared, checking for places to hide. "If it comes to battle, I would prefer to be the one making the first move, so those of us who can benefit most from the element of surprise should."

Perception ( I think) check to find places to hide, out of sight. Also keep in mind that when making stealth checks we all take the highest of all possible rolls because of my teamwork feat.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Quietly, Common

"Perhaps the fighters amongst you could go hide, and Marcinus could place an illusion to make it look as though the prisoners were still with us? That might be the best compromise, to both increase our fighting odds and give us a chance to avoid the fight altogether."

8. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Marcinus

Marcinus tugs at the scratchy material of his prison-issue rags and nods his head very slightly at Hadzan. He takes a deep breath in through his nose and out through his mouth and gestures sharply with his left hand.

"Illusere," he speaks firmly.

There's is a ripple in the air as the magic twists and turns the light forming it into illusionary doubles. The shadows twist and give the image some substance and life. Although no sound is present form the shifting forms the illusion is complete.

"Get into position. Once the jig is up, I'm dropping this completely," Marcinus says quietly and calmly.

Cast: Silent Image

9. Wildfeather

High Score:
  10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Quietly, Common
    "Excellent. Thank you, Marcinus. Everyone who would benefit from hiding get into the best ambush position. Quietly! We'll try diplomacy, and if that fails you get do do what you do best."

Stealth Roll for synergy's sake: 9 (sorry!)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4446777/

11. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

I quietly make my way around the group and cast Virtue on each of them, "May you each have the blessing of my Lord."

Virtue: Grants 1 temporary hitpoint for 1 minute. No save, not that you'd want to.

12. Vesvius

Vigor cast on everyone!

Silent Image cast!

Perception (Luxgud): 17

Luxgud takes a look around. He doesn't really see many places that would be good hiding spots. He does see two though. The first is in the shadow of the fountain. He could definitely hide there, but he would be too far away to engage anyone near the gatehouse door. There's also the wooden enclosure, which is much closer, but reeks of dog.

13. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Lexgud spotted the wooden enclosure and headed towards it, attempting to discern if the smell of dog meant there were actual dogs inside, or that was just where they resided. That would be the better of the two hiding spaces he could find, but if entering the enclosure meant that dogs would bark, it'd give away their chance of surprise.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4450204/ Nat 1 on perception check (-1 for a roll of 0, amirite?) lol :(

14. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Seeing Lexgud look in the direction of the wooden enclosure I try to figure out what is so interesting.

Rolling perception, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4450241/=13 still better than a 1 I guess...

15. Vesvius

Luxgud
    Everything seems clear! The dogs must be gone.

Kevdak
    You spot Luxgud sneaking towards the wooden enclosure next to the gatehouse door. You're unsure why he's heading in that direction.

16. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Ves
    I was rolling perception for the enclosure and not Lexgud who is hard to miss.

17. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

"Well, best be prepared if worst comes to worst." Roland mutters, glancing around.

Perception check to find anything that might be useful or serve as a distraction should we have to fight our way out.

rolled a 9 link

18. Vesvius

Kevdak
    Sorry. You don't see anything. There are too many shadows to make out anything in the enclosure

Roland
    You can't make anything out in the darkness.

The door swings open in front of you, and the same guard from before steps out. He gestures toward the gatehouse behind him.

"Captain wants to see you. Bring the prisoners."

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Ruby will lead the way/

20. Vesvius

Alright, guys. I'm thinking this isn't going too well.

I think the problem is the pacing. So with that in mind, I've got 3 choices.

1. Transition to a more traditional chat game.
    2. Keep soldiering on, and hope it improves.
    3. Scrap the whole thing.

Thoughts?