1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Exactly. I think he's town but I have a mental image of font raging at us from obs if he's scum, lol.

I hope Lucky isn't scum.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

Alpha Baker is just for mod and player ease of understanding. Beyond that, no significance.

3. Rubicon

font definitely had a last will, this is mechanically proven or you guys wouldn't have received gold. And font would have been worried enough about dying N1 to make sure she had one.

You think Riley's scum for not realizing that?

Can't remember which one I meant to link to, but here's another example.

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I can't help but think Lucky's power is too powerful to actually be true or work for us this way.

Mafia might have a roleblocker or something.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

No. Riley's scum for not leaving a last will n1. Every town should leave a last will n1.

Random note: Why is no one objecting to the vig plan?

5. Rubicon

Meh.

I'm wondering that too. Especially Moridin, who seems oddly focused on talking about Custer and not the fact that he himself is going to die tonight.

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Does having confirmation that other day powers exist affect your view of Riley at all?

---------- Post automerged at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Anyone have anything to add before I vote us to L-1 and let ika hammer himself?

6. blab

blab Second Year

Well, I think
    a) scum is targeted, doesn't think it can prevent it from happening but doesn't want to be scummy for objecting
    b) Lucky is scum
    c) scum can counter: roleblocker, bulletproof, etc.
    d) scum thinks it can convince consensus to not kill them.
    e) scum is quiet.

I have trouble even ranking the possibilities (c,d,e,b,a?), much less get conclusion from that, other than that I would watch lucky, had I gotten to buy the watch (<=hint)

Rubicon yes

7. Titus

Titus Squib

What about f) scum are not in the options? Kinda longshotish though.

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

What are you talking about confirmation of other day powers Rubicon?

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Go ahead and vote it Rubicon. We can hammer before ika gets back btw.

8. Rubicon

ika must have had a day power or you couldn't have gotten his message at the start of n1.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Maybe only scums have a day power. The slips Riley has made are more damning. The hyper defensive attitude at the start was also scummy.

I cannot come up with a legit reason to check Fonti and play like he had.

---------- Post automerged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

@Blab, hint noted. Blab and Custer likely cannot tell time.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hmm. Depending on how proph set this game up, there's a possibility Riley is actually scum AND I can prove it

11. Rubicon

Explain?
    /10chars

12. Titus

Titus Squib

Try fast. I won't be here to help though. If you succeed, we might keep Zennith.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I was debating whether to bring it up at all, but I think it'd be better if I saved it for tomorrow. Sorry to mention it and then just withhold the info, but short of being killed I should be able to present the info

---------- Post automerged at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

If I die tonight, tunnel the shit out of Riley tomorrow please. If I'm alive I can immediately explain the slip I saw. I'll send all my gold to a combination of Titus/Rubicon depending on how I see fit for tonight's last will.

---------- Post automerged at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I'll also explain it to Zennith and see his input, but I'd rather wait til Ika is gone, so expect Zennith to explain it for me if I'm dead.

14. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    By the way, if we're worried about who has to hammer Ika, I'm willing to do it. I'm going to die this evening anyway, most likely, so I'll take the chance that he could have the power to kill whoever hammers him.

Although maybe then I wouldn't be able to jail titus. It all depends on order of operation.

---------- Post automerged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

And sure, Citrus, tha tmakes sense to me, on the off chance I live tonight and you don't.

15. Titus

Titus Squib

Zennith, I don't want you or Citrus hammering in case of Supersaint.

16. Zennith

High Score:
    Fair enough. /tenchars

17. blab

blab Second Year

re: analysis of Sloth
    Eh, Sloth has probably best meta ever suited for scumplay.

if I attribute the following traits/playstyle-traits to him:
    1. arrogance (only going to justify if Sloth denies it),
    2. desire(or maybe rather (because 1.) expectancy) to be part of the in-group (post-whoring, excessive use of we (speaking for the entire group), birthday-congratulations to people he doesn't really know, claiming familial relationships, slipping into voice of authority, etc.)
    3. exaggerated posting style
    4. focus on Mafia as a game traps and deceit, has a "game-persona"
    5. is still a mostly a newb (not even 2 full games)

then I can explain away basically every scumtell I have found, for example:
    telling Zennith how he was doing=> 1.+2.
    response to fontisian riddled with AtE => 3.+ 4.
    rubbing me the wrong way (a.k.a. gut-reading) => 3. + 4.
    everywhere where there is a disconnect between the intelligent way he's arguing and the blatant oversight of arguments => 1. + 5.
    argument ad nauseam (bspw. denying defense of Zeit even though he should have understood it)=>1.+4.

or a chronologically later example:
    operating under the assumption that scum have daychat => 1. + 5.

So let's look at interactions, given that we have 2 confirmed scum:
    well, given the amount and quality of posts there is not much to analyse:
    Sloth => conf!scum
    1.he was defending Zeit and he was defending ika.
    conf!scum=>Sloth
    2.ika mentioned Sloth a lot in his first post, even though the content didn't really call for it and it can't be easily explained (mentionings of Titus obvious, Zeit scum, fontisian for the arguments in dead-chat the game before)
    3. Zeitgeist making that either or case with Rubicon

Regarding 1., I don't want to fall in the "scum wouldn't be so obvious" trap, but well, you can make that argument.
    2.+3. maybe level out to a null-tell.
    2. can also explained by chance (you would expect outliers if he answered townies randomly)
    3. can be also explained by Zeitgeist just scum!derping or using his weird logic

How does his play match previous games?
    I agree that his style matches Avatar closely, but then again, we don't have a scum-game to contrast. Plus, his posts read as very "prepared". It's easier to stay true to your voice if it's "fake?" in the first place.

Conclusion:
    I have thought too much about this and have no idea anymore.
    I don't really want to make a trend out of loosing because folding to majority opinion, though.
    I am naturally inclined to rather mislynch town!Sloth then let scum!Sloth get away, not only because the latter is more damaging, but also because I'd rather blame font then be blamed and because I'm the only one left who has scumread him, which makes me uneasy (esp. if we kill Custer and he turns out town).

---------- Post automerged at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I can also hamer, bt no later than in ~3 hours

18. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Who will die? Who will live? Who will hammer?

19. Zennith

High Score:
    Ika, you're just annoying at this point. Shut up.

20. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

If you guys want me to hammer, I'll still be on for 45 minutes