1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommended VI

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Feb 9, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Boogeyman, in the vein of Insurgere. Not sure if it's library worthy but it's at least mildly interesting.

2. Photon

Photon Order Member

I would consider it library worthy but unlike most people I like oneshots.

3. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Hey, that was fairly nice. Good find!

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Now we just need to see Riddle Sorted into Gryffindor to complete the trifecta.

5. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Or Hufflepuff, because he is loyal to himself you know!

6. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

yeah I did stupid twice

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  7. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    See, whenever I see a post like that, I can't help but want to know what was said.

8. Henry Persico

Henry Persico Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

He posted a fic with Hufflepuff!Riddle. No idea why he edited it, though.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The author of which is actually a treasure trove of decent fics from various fandoms.

10. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

11. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

I edited it because I was thirty hours past my bedtime, and I saw insurgere mentioned at the top of the page and went, "Whoops, someone has already recommended this story within the past three days!"

And then I went to bed.

12. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

Harry Potter and the Untitled Tome
    By: Ihateseatbelts
    Little Harry Potter's always been able to do things others couldn't. Now that he's being sent to a school with kids just like him, he can finally let his imagination run wild. But when he learns the truth of his parents' legacy, Harry realizes that he has some giant shoes to fill. Very AU First -Year fic.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Fantasy/Supernatural - Harry P., Albus D. - Chapters: 2 - Words: 11,698 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 15 - Follows: 15 - Updated: 11h ago - Published: Mar 23 - id: 10210053

This is a far too early suggestion after only 2 chapters but the quality of the writing deserves attention.

13. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It's alright, beyond the whole power level over 9000 crap. You are right that the writing is better than most, and it is still too early to recommend, not that I would at the way it's going. Have to wait and see how far the author is willing to take this super-powered angle, atm it is toned down, but it definitely is there, and considering it is only 2 chapters in that is not a good thing.

They are deviating from canon majorly so they get some bonus points for that. No mention about Voldemort at this point, Grindleward is the one who killed the Potters. It also looks like they reclaim muggleborns into pureblood families. So nothing original with any of this, but if the author can pull it off kudos to them.

It also looks like whoever the author is, this is a second account created only 3 days ago on FFN. They are also a DLP lurker at the least looking at their favorites list. So, anyone wanna put their hand up? Samkar, maybe?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  14. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

I love the way he writes the summary of the 2nd chapter. Very Top Gear.

15. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

Not me. I don't have the necessary writing skill to produce this.

16. ihateseatbelts

ihateseatbelts Seventh Year

Er... hello there. As you can probably tell from my username, I'm the author of the Untitled Tome. (As a side note, I know this looks a little suspect as it's my first post disregarding the spambot thing, but I am a pretty serial lurker... searched for another intro thread and couldn't find one, probably my own fault though...)

In any case, having the fic even being mentioned here, especially this early, was very unexpected. I was informed about this in a review, so err... here I am, with an account and all that. Now would be a better time than any to leave my shell.

To address Harry's magical aptitude without explaining too much, the nature of magic itself in this universe will be covered in greater depth come Chapter Three, and when they actually get to Hogwarts, of course.

Should anyone be inclined to follow this story, the results of the Augo Profile, as well as what makes a wizard 'powerful' or 'talented' will be addressed very soon.

Once again, I genuinely apologise if I'm speaking out of turn by posting here before anywhere else, though I honestly did look first. Many thanks. :)

17. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Iridescent
    AU; No Magic. Tom Riddle: A mob boss. Draco Malfoy: A vengeful prick. Harry Potter: Stuck as a cleaning boy for Tom's office as a way to make up for something Draco claimed he did. Bottom Line: Damn all rich people to hell.

Quite interesting. Updates regularly. Lots of reviews for the short amount of time it's been out.

Warnings include non-Slash (Hetero), Abuse, AU, anything else [the author doesn't] consider worth warning you over…

18. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Non-magic? For real? Got anything else to say about it other than, "quite interesting?"

19. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    yeah it's a really great fic where everybody walks all over harry and treats him like shit

20. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

What's the point then?

Nope'd so fucking hard.

Not open for further replies.