1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

This:
    Read "last Night."

MORIDIN DID NOT TARGET ANYONE ON N2. (Prophy words it as "did not take an action.")

As stated above, yesterNight Proph confirmed that NKs are considered individual targets of all Scum, even if they're a group decision rather than the result of some sort of strike/ability.
    Meaning that if you had been Scum, Rubicon would have been among your targets. He wasn't.

Before Proph confirmed this, I was working under the opposite assumption and was struggling to find the best use for my ability, to be honest. I considered targetting people that had called their targets during Day and see if I catch them targetting someone else.

2. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Unvote

That's really useful.
    One consideration: Titus postulated the different flavors indicate that one could be a strongman kill. Does it work the opposite way too, in that if a special strike was used, all scum still ping?

3. Sloth

STOP EVERYTHING.

Just got a message from Proph on my QT. There was another misunderstanding. -__-

Working out the specifics, but for now disregard that whole 'Moridin + Blab = Conf!Town" bit.

...Sighhhh. Hold for more info.

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    /me rolls

Yeah I did a lot of shit worthy of being lynched. So I can't even complain, however I propose you let me shoot one of blab, or Ird tonight as they are the only ones I can. Or don't and lynch me.

5. Sloth

...yeah, lynch you sounds about right to me. But we'll see what the rest say.
    Again, this relies on letting both the most likely scums (Lee+Ird) get another free ride, conveniently. Pass.

Ugh...anyway, guys, update: Just talked it over with Proph and the issue has been cleared up. NKing is not a group move in this set up, only one scum shoots, and unless I choose them to investigate, I don't get them as targets.

Meaning Blab and Moridin are not conf!Town as I believed, as they could have just not been the one to shoot the NK.
    I do think there's a Townread in them, given their past actions. Blab more than Moridin, but it's no longer certain.

This is specially annoying as my ability is now useless and I had hoped to at least leave Town some useful definite information...ugh. What a mess.

Still, I believe Lee and Ird are the scummiest right now. If neither flips scum...which I REALLY doubt, I'll revisit everyone else

Blab, unless you're against it, I'll declare what your Night Action on N1 was soon.

6. blab

blab Second Year

alright, first of:
    request item 04:12 PM US EST

sure, Sloth, that's fine.

@Lucky: How come you can shoot one of two people now?

7. Titus

Titus Squib

Hmm, I am noting this for now. I will be back later to see what happens. Lucky is looking like defeated scum here.

8. Sloth

@Lee
    Wait...blab's right.
    What do you mean blab or ird? Just yesterday you were saying you can designate one player at Night. After you said you can only shot one per night, by the by.

@blab
    BLAB DID NOT TARGET ANYONE ON N1.

...Sigh, so yeah I used up all my gold without getting anything of use for Town. I was glad I at least Townfirmed two people and then Prophy cruelly stomped on my dreams like an angry god. XD

@Maiden, hold off on giving anyone the cop thing until near Nightfall, please.
    Also, is the BP still on sale? Since I don't think anyone got it. If so, hold off on that too.
    Also also, possibly dumb question: Does the gold used to buy items go to you or do you never see it?

9. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

@Lucky So if your designations carry over, why didn't you shoot blab yesterday instead of designating me?

Why does it feel like half of this game is made of vanilla roles?

10. Sloth

What makes you think his designations carry over? He's never said that. I was waiting for him to, but he never actually said.
    I'm going over his posts right now to make sure. That's an interesting assumption for you to make at this point.

...wait...what the hell. Post #1380:

Post #1405, 2 pages later:
    ...I don't even know anymore. -__-

11. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Assuming he's telling the truth now, and he currently has two people he can shoot, and he designated me last night . . . wait. He'd have to designate both me and blab last night. Nevermind, I read that as blab being from a previous round.

I'm going to go pass out. Goodnight y'all

12. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

-I'm leaning toward lynching Luckylee, though I'd like to hear why he didn't shoot. He's feeling more and more scummy to me lately. First he lied, and then he didn't shoot on N3. Not to mention that he's been lurking. I feel like if something doesn't get done about him, then he's going to float on through this game.

-Moridin feels slightly scummy, but I can't fault her for voting for MathBlade. It was between her and MB, and obviously, she didn't want to be the one to go.

-I didn't tell Prophy in time to sell something on D1. For some reason, I thought that I could pick 2 things to sell, so I picked Watch and Bulletproof. (Keep in mind that this was before Luckylee's big reveal.) Because I could only sell one, Watch got picked at random, so Bulletproof went on for D3. I didn't sell Rolecop on D2, because I didn't know about all these crazy roles. The few roles I did know about were fairly obvious. (Like Titus' double vote.)

-I agree about Citrus/Titus being fishy. I think whoever buys Rolecop should look into Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Why are they the only ones you can shoot?

---------- Post automerged at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

And why shoot blab? He's got more towncred than a lot of other players at this point!

---------- Post automerged at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I plan to do so. BP is not for sale anymore. These things are a once a day thing. I could have put it back up for sale, but Rolecop seems more useful than BP.
    And yes, the gold does go to me, but I can't buy my own products.
    Also, I can only sell one product to one person once a Day.

---------- Post automerged at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Did you send your request for Rolecop to Prophy? (He hasn't updated the QT yet, letting me know this.)
    How do you have gold to buy these things? Are you VT?

Lucky, I really want an explanation. Until then:
    Vote Luckylee

13. Sloth

L-2. No one else vote Lucky.

14. blab

blab Second Year

Sloth's info (regarding me) is correct. No target N1.

So we have a gold cop claim, which is basically a very weak cop.
    And we have a "late tracker" claim, which given its delayed nature, is also more cop-py in its nature than a normal tracker.
    Both weaker than a real cop, so both as town can work.

re: Sloth's second-last post:
    That post is missing night 1, so is probably counting pregame=>N1, first night=>N2, second night=>N3

Designating me the first night checks out with Lucky's #207 (D2) at least. (but doesn't check out with his 164# (end of D1), where he put me at nullish, but he later explained why he thought that me scumreading him was scummish in #303)

What doesn't check out is Lucky lynch-voting me when I was the only one he could shoot (because why would the town-vigilante want to lynch the only person he could shoot? If he doesn't shoot me, he has to re-designate and can shoot N3 at the earliest, and town-vig should be afraid of getting lynched/nightkilled) and then his claim makes no sense for reasons Moridin stated.

@Maiden: I wrote a request in my QT. I'm not going to claim, but I tried to buy all 3 items now. I have gold because I had gold in the beginning and got 1 extra, and obviously didn't payback N1.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Count 3.0
    (5 to lynch)

Luckylee (3): Sloth, Moridin, Maiden
    Riley Poole (1): Titus
    Moridin (1): Titus

Abstain (5) blab, Citrus, Luckylee, Irdiumstern, Riley Poole

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Ird, I am pretty convinced that Lucky is probably guilty too with Sloth's claim.

For the record, are you thinking Lucky is innocent or are you merely playing devil's advocate to ensure no rush to judgement?

Either way, would you mind me putting questions to you and Lucky to see if there is any scenario where Sloth tells the truth and Lucky is innocent?

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    …Are you serious. Ugh. I've had blab designated since night 2. My designates don't fade :|

At this point, idgaf, if you wanna lynch me, lynch me. But if you think Ird is scummy, I can shoot him, then you can lynch me tomorrow. Or don't.

---------- Post automerged at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Ugh. Sequence of events for my abilities if I didn't explain them well.

Designate. The designation doesn't fade. Cost 0 gold.

I designated Fonti pre game since cause.

Designated blab night 2 because he seemed scummy at the time.

Designated Ird because Zennith recc'd it.

Night 3 didn't designate since I was gone. Wait to lynch me until tomorrow at least if you're gonna lynch Ird anyways :|

18. blab

blab Second Year

@Titus:
    Why do you need permission to ask questions?
    Also, can you explain the connection between Sloth's claim and Lucky's alignment?

@Riley:
    I looked at the fontisian situation again.
    Do you know exactly which gold count you received? (at the start of the night, after sending/recieving gold, after using abilities?)

Modgaming: Nobody has cc'd Lucky. And given that scum possibly have dayvig+nightkills, I'm inclined to believe in the existence of town!vig rather than not. Maybe the wish is the father of the thought, though...

Lucky: let's say I believe you: explain what you were thinking at #618, #621, #627, #641, #643, #677.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Eh. No. Thats way to much work. I'd rather be lynched at this point then forced to go back through the thread.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

@Luckylee, why not designate everyone?

@Blab, I don't feel the need. Honey works better than Vinegar. Attacking people isn't always the best approach. I've tried yelling and it just makes people think prob!scum is town.

Wouldn't it be more likely that Lucky is SK and we have no townvig and Lucky is procrastinating on shooting as SK?

@Maiden, I agree that checking Citrus would be helpful, if not to stop this pointless doubtcasting on us. No one is actually saying why, but gee I agree they're scummy. Check us and move on. That's my biggest issue with Riley's claim is that he did NOT check Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

@Lucky, how could you designate pregame?

@Whoever, Sloth not really pushing things and then comes out and clears a bunch of people and pushes LuckyLee.. I would suspect opposed alignments here.