1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"A Song of Ice and Fire" stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by purple, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

"The only thing Robert Baratheon can claim is the itch that fishermen's wife gave his cock at the Stony Sept!"

I'm done

2. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

The Open Way has grown a bit since I last mentioned it, and Tywins plotting has driven Rhaegar right into his plans.
    I am looking forward to what will happen next in this story.
    By the way if you like Rhaegar, you might not enjoy the story. he is portrayed as a bit of a douche in this story.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Isn't that kind of his thing?

4. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

The Open Way is pretty good. Very enjoyable as an AU and has some interesting changes to the timeline. Whent is pretty well done I think, a bit more complex than most people often go when writing about characters that don't have any canon presence.

As far as Rhaegar the douche, it's more justified here than in canon, the new chapter shows that off pretty well.

The Targaryen in the Stepstones do you think it's Duncan the small? I can't think of anyone else whom it might be.

5. Hal

Hal Professor

Lover of the light
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10253630/1/
    Not quite a love story. "Spring had come, or so they thought..." Ashara and Brandon and a tourney, a whirlwind romance and the Knights of Summer; and everything that came after. Written for got exchange; canon-compliant, one shot.

6. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

A Charge of Wolves by christah88
    Well written fic, a continuation of the series with a focus on the remaining, scattered Stark children. 4/5

7. Aggrocrag

Aggrocrag Second Year

8. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Great update, I think Catelyn has finally seen the resemblance between Jon and Rhaynerys thanks to Jamie. The next chapter should be good.

9. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Any other note-worthy stories out there worth reading besides the usual, crossovers included?

10. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

A Secret of Spells updated for those still interested. Not much happened except finding out Harry and Hermione's animagi forms.

11. Hal

Hal Professor

I guess Hermione will get to ride him.

12. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

That's just... how long did it take them to do this? Didn't this take James, Sirius and Peter at least 2-3 years? And Harry being a Thestral is just... I don't know. It's not like it's one of the magical creature forms that's been overused, like the Basilisk or Phoenix, but still...

Also, Hermione nerf when? Seriously, at least chop off her wand-hand or something (I'd suggest her head though), make her mute, just do something to equalize the disparity between Harry and her in this fic. I don't know why, but it just irks me.

13. Golgar

Golgar Second Year DLP Supporter

So the Phoenix feather wand does not work, because there are none in the world. But the Thestral form is possible.

Maybe he can use his hair as a wand core.

14. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Just read Disengagement. It's pretty good, maybe even library worthy, although it takes time getting used to, specially if you have just read any of the books, because the writing styles are so different.

Is there anything new to read? The books and the show have left me hungry for more, and I keep hoping cxjenious decides to finally update his story.

15. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Darkest Evening of the Year is a rather lengthy one-shot, with numerous divergences from what we all know about ASoIaF (Jon isn't Ned's bastard, but that has no bearing on the plot in the usual sense, Robb however is a bastard). I could probably try to summarize this on my own, but fuck it, I'm awful at telling summaries without spoiling too much shit, so take a peek at your own volition.

Personally, I liked it, but hey, it was just something to pass a small portion of the afternoon after a hearty meal.

16. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Another one worth mentioning is the Return of the Direwolves series, which is an unimaginatively titled peggy sue. After ADoD four youngest of the Stark children return to the beginning of the first book. Reads like a fix-it at the beginning, but soon (relatively, at least it doesn't take 50,000 words to do so) deviates and works towards its own plot.
    My main problem with it is that it creates some extremely random events in order to advance the plot
    like Ned Stark seemingly drowning during a storm at sea and Lysa Arryn being accidentaly killed by her own son
    It felt a bit forced and came out of nowhere, also the second character mentioned in the spoiler is incredibly psychotic and irrational.
    A decent fic and a nice peggy sue that doesn't follow the standard cliches. For example the kids don't change their personalities at all, they are still mostly faithful to the last book.

17. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Just got finished reading it, and it's pretty good. Not the greatest, but a good way to fill time. Robb being a bastard didn't really change as much as I thought, and I really expected it to come back on them more than it did. The ending was rushed and could have included more detail, but for a fixit fic it was pretty good.

18. bastur2

bastur2 DA Member

Cxjenious just posted a new snipet from his story on his group asking for some fresh imput.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  19. psychobob35

psychobob35 Fourth Year

Knowing that this snippet is out there and I can't read it makes me hurt inside, but it's doubtful that I would have any real advice to give.

20. cash0maker

cash0maker Third Year

Why couldn't you read it?

Just click here