1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

@Titus:

1)I have no clue as I'm not scum. All I know is I have two gold because I was sick last night with minor food poisoning, forgot to audit and woke up this morning Vanilla-ized with two random gold, which really sucks.

2) Rubi claims to be able to send messages like ika was. Ika was Mafia Goon. If Citrus is the town equivalent, then that'd be a Town Vanilla who can send messages. Why have that when we have a journalist AND jail-chat? Also that was really not the focus of that point.

3)I think I missed that so I'll concede that point but that pales in comparision to

4) Are you really ignoring the huge missing piece where Citrus made a claim to throw people off his trail and than never backed it up? Are you so insecure in your town status that even a small mention in which I actually state that I'm not focusing on anyone else until Citrus responds feels threatening to you? Over-react much?

Fine. Concerns:
    1) You are literally the loudest voice, but you keep ending up being wrong.

And

2) People seem to be following your lead for the most part. Citrus keeps acting at odds with you but continually follows you vote leads. I think you might be an aligned pair. For that reason, I'm leaving you as a leaning Scum but focusing on Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

*Not Rubi claims, "Citrus claims to be able to send messages"

2. Titus

Titus Squib

Riley, I am not ignoring anything.

Citrus did fake executioner in jail. My biggest concern with his fake was it would likely work only on me and ika, as we are the only ones who have likely seen an executing jailor. Of course, I can't rule out theatre until I really get into he jailchat.

It is not an overreaction to highlight vague assertions of doubt considering the degree you were apparently townreading me yesterday.

I am asking you to put down initial gut reasons.

Are you aware your scumteam needs a roleblocker and a vanillaizer? Why have both?

3. Riley

I am aware. All I can say is I don't know what's happening. Literally all I know is that I was made vanilla. I can't really explain it any clearer without copy-pasting my QT which is against the rules. I don't know where the Roleblock came from, I don't know who or what made me vanilla.

All I know is that I am Vanilla and that asking me anymore questions will be like drawing blood from stone because I don't fucking know who has what anymore. All I know is that A) Citrus claimed a PR but never specified. B)Claimed to have a way to prove me as scum but never enacted it AND C) I did put down gut reasons, they're labeled 1 and 2.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Thing I thought would catch someone:

You said vanilla's had 3 gold. I had 0, thus you lied. However, OP said vanillas have 3. Also, I'm a jailed vanilla so wasn't sure if I had different flavor (hence why I held off on revealing)

---------- Post automerged at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Explained, already revealed to Zennith info and have outside confirmation I have 0 gold (trusted Titus/Rubicon to reveal no gold received cus I had none), was waiting for Ika to die before I utilized the jailchat (Titus can confirm as he can read the jailchat)

No good reason to reveal it as I was wrong (due to OP). Thus basically me role claiming for no reason, did not think it was a good idea though Titus dropped the ball anyways

I wanted to buy stuff from Maiden but couldn't without money. Also can't use payback/last will without gold which I may have wanted to communicate with

Also, Riley that entire readwall is from a perspective of I have to end up scum. You either say "scumslip/scummy" or "Wifoming/faking town." That's not a readwall, that's an attempt to convince someone I'm scum. A readwall should be objective/neutrally show someone's scummy, because yours doesn't mean shit when it's written to call me scum no matter what I said

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Since Riley's claimed he's been vanilla-ized:

3) If Riley lied, he is scum. If he didn't, scum have a role blocker.

4) If Riley told the truth, I sincerely doubt Titus has the role blocking ability on top of everything else. Assuming she's town, Blab or Moridin is the scum role blocker.

5) Role blocks and kills occurred on the same night. Since one player can only perform one night action according to the setup, it means they're two different players.

QED

Lynch in Moridin / Blab (I would prefer Moridin). If they flip town, insta-lynch Riley tomorrow. Else, lynch the other tomorrow for gg.

At the least, further confirmation Titus isn't part of a 4-man scum team (sounds really OP with number of abilities). That said I really don't buy the vanilla-izer argument, but if Riley's telling the truth there's 4 scum practically confirmed.

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Vote: Moridin

For now

Others' input on this please

5. Riley

I wasn't asked for a neutral read-wall. I was asked for my case against you. Duh.

As for voting. You realize that it's extremely dangerous to vote at this stage with only three needed to lynch and still some uncertainty as to whether there's two or one scum?

---------- Post automerged at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

And just as confirmation that I'm auditor wouldn't have confirmed I'm town to some, you're 0 gold confirmation only confirms 0 gold, not alignment. Also, again how were you confirmed to have 0 gold?

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It could have caused a gold cc between you and another player, which is useful

7. Riley

I sincerely hope you're not avoiding my two points.
    1) Voting is dangerous, why cast one so soon into the day.
    2) How were you confirmed to have 0 gold? I still don't get this.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

1) I thought the fact that I posted after your most recent post was clear acknowledgment of your point
    2) Because I know I have 0 gold? And no, I don't have the ability to send messages etc.

9. Riley

Ok then, how does having 0 gold confirm anything other than 0 gold. And I get that you know that but the rest of us don't.

Your response to my first makes no sense. Voting is dangerous now because we only need three to lynch. What does that have to do with gold counterclaiming?

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The only situation where my vote is dangerous is in the case of a Blab + Riley scumteam. Right now I'm very doubtful of that

11. Riley

Uh no, it's also dangerous in a Titus+Anyone Not Moridin, or a Citrus+Anyone not Moridin or a Blab+Anyone not Moridin.

You should be accounting for yourself in the vote. It's definitely dangerous and your cavalier attitude only adds to the problem.

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Seriously, it doesn't even have to be Scum that adds the second vote. It could be a towny who's in agreement with you to add a second vote and then scum hammers and we're done. Do you really not understand how danger a vote on anyone is right now? Until we hear more from Moridin, Sloth, Titus and Blab you should be holding off if you really are town.

Sloth, you've been in thread for a long time. You gonna post or keep lurking? Blab too.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm positive enough of Titus not being on a 4-man team to risk it. The only thing I'm risking is you + Blab

---------- Post automerged at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Sloth is dead, and you know that

---------- Post automerged at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Someone would have to be incredibly stupid to put a second vote on someone this early in the day. And I'm experienced enough to understand what's involved in voting in 5-way possible LYLO thanks

13. Riley

Whoops, I saw his name and instinct took over. I'm pretty sure days and stuff are blending together in my head.

That said. If you're well aware of the dangers then why tempt fate?

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I still want to hear from Moridin and Blab before I do any kind of vote.

14. Titus

Titus Squib

Regardless of case, no vote until Saturday from me . Skimming, saw some stuff about ppl voting.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fine by me. I've voted Moridin

---------- Post automerged at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I would be very intrigued if you or anyone else did vote at this point

16. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Citrus, you seem to agree with a 4 man scumteam if Riley is town. In that scenario, lynching a townie is an instaloss, so I don't see how the 'if they flip town' in your QED works.

Sloth seemed pretty insistent we lynch between Titus and Citrus today. Personally I'd pick Riley, but I'm going to need to reread to nail down exactly what to do from this point forward in light of Irdium's flip.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If Riley is town and scum have a 4 man team, you and blab are mafia. Thus if you flip town, Riley lied about his feedback/role change. If you flip mafia then lynch successful, and if the game continues its a guaranteed 4 man scum/non town team

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

@Titus

Can you receive payback when commuting?

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

@moridin + blab

1) scum team size?

2) thoughts on my plan

3) who do you want lynched today? Or what do you think is best for endgame?

18. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

See, the thing is, that discounts the idea that Riley is part of a 4 man scum team. In that scenario, we lose the game by lynching me. Given that I'm relatively certain of 4 scum, I'm not too happy with that plan.

1) and 2) as above. 3), this is endgame, imo. Lynch Riley, tomorrow lynch blab. Alternately, lynch blab first, then Riley tomorrow - relatively more suspicious of Riley, though.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You're pretty unconcerned about the fact that my vote is currently sitting on you.

20. Riley

And if you follow Moridin's Plan I guarantee it's gonna be game. At this point I'm all for ending game, but goddamit this is the largest Mafia game of the forums and if we let this end in a Scum win I'm gonna be fucking pissed. Especially since I've lived till the end. This is literally the furthest I've gotten and I'll be fucking raging if we lose.

---------- Post automerged at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Also imagine this scenario:

Imagine I'm Town (which I am) and you're Scum. Who's the one player you'd focus on to try and get rid of at the end game based on the playstyles and circumstances we've seen?

If I were scum I'd totally set about trying to get a player who played like I did lynched too becuase that's the obvious thing to do at this point if no one else thinks I (the hypothetical scum) am Scum. Especially considering the two consecutive shitstorms that went down.

---------- Post automerged at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

False Bravado and a decent Mislynch target go a long way towards confidence Citrus. I'm willing to set aside the case against you (again) in light of Moridin's play here. However it's going to take a lot more than this to make me vote for him. Do you think you could build a case against him?