1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #2 - Return to Basics

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, May 4, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

You did read 1630 where I pressed Atum further, replied to the first half of your responses on my case, and then told you what you did wrong in the second half while answering some of them, right? This is the third time you're clearly showing the answer is 'no.'

Also, my NK analysis.

---------- Post automerged at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

...Do you not realize that basically everyone was poking the inactivity?

This is going to sound like a defense, but I forgot about this: Why wouldn't I know my partner's experience?
    Why would I try to pair him with Citrus, if the idea took off?

For that matter, given his lack of action in this game, why wouldn't I bus him for the Towncred?

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

@Sloth just saw your post.

If you are town then it is Rubicon. Period. Atum is town.

3. Sloth

...how did you JUST saw this post? You replied to it in #1631. Explain yourself.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

...Right, but I mean, this is explaining why the Delphine kill makes sense for Sloth. But it also makes sense for literally everyone else, which I feel like you're missing. (It's the only kill so far that DOES make sense.) We're all at each others throats.

5. Sloth

Argh. I've been trying to ask this question for the past 10 minutes and DLP won't let me post:
    ...how did you JUST saw this post? You replied to it in #1631. Explain yourself.

And please. Tell me. Why.
    I restated my case on 1630, on 1632 I brought up the VERY IMPORTANT POINT of the dermon/atum connection you should not be ignoring, on 1635 I question you on your past reads and the frame theory, and in 1641 I again point out my NK analysis.
    Stop saying "he's Town" and give an ACTUAL reason why he would be.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I did take long to answer but before your push I said I was AFK responding to your Atum comments. I may type fast but I am NOT that super human. I think it is you that ignored that AFK and pushed and by the time I saw there was 4 minutes left.

Right now my top three are Sloth/Rubicon/Atum. I'm giving you Atum to prove it. You believe Atum/Snow/Others??....Prove it. This doesn't prove jack shit to me.

If you are pressuring him and it's not your analysis, how do I know what to believe?

And yes it would suck if my town reads are scum. That is WHY I'm pushing you because I believe you are scum. EVERYONE had you as town. THIS IS BAD IN MAFIA. Hell people should have pushed me more. I'm proud of Atum for pushing my conf!bias because it was the right townie play. If there wasn't the Dermon flip I would have rode that to kingdom come. But with knowing one partner my reads change.

I'm telling you what I'm doing in End Game. I know this seems fucking crazy to almost anyone out there but please REEVALUATE. If you think Sloth is town, then don't do it...But I think you are seeing the pieces come together or at least why you should QUESTION him? Really no one has poked him from what I see except day 1...WHY? Why did the team kill Lyrium? I believe Sloth did it more than just random sheer dumb luck.

If I pretend it is you, then Rubicon MUST be scum. This is Atum's first game. Newbies can be very indecisive both I and Snow have pointed this out. The amount of belief you're asking me to have with already posted arguments is too much for me to have. Atum's activity is a lot lower than most.

And yes we have one mislynch and I'm giving it to you on a platter. I'm not STOPPING you but I am posting my arguments.

The smart play for Atum/Snow scum would have been to kill me. This would have framed you for being scum. I know it's WIFOM but it is the only argument that makes sense. This would be the first concrete evidence against you. You would have easily been able to brush it off and go it's someone just being a dick (paraphrasing) and then go onto the Atum kill. So if you are town Rubicon is the only thing that makes sense. Atum just either derped on the last kill or is so magnificently brilliant I don't mind giving it to him.

However I'm giving you a chance to prove I've derped. I'm done going in circles with you. I've read the posts and I'm not convinced to waste my breath with scum. And if I lose it's a game and it was fun.

---------- Post automerged at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

Atum is town because he may have been wishy washy his posting may have sucked he may have been inactive but he questioned me. He wondered why I was so damn confirmed in people's heads. There was no way he'd get a lynch on me and scum go after lynches.

Please if you still think he is town go for it. I'm going to quit posting so we aren't at each others throats. It's one am and I gotta give you a chance to succeed and/or sleep for your job. Back and forth is pointless.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Look through my posts if you really want to. My cases aren't very well put together, and I doubt you'd get much out of reading them.

That, and paranoia. The longer he stays alive, the more I feel like he's scum. I'm working mostly with assumptions + PoE here. I get nervous when really good players are still alive close to endgame because they're either scum or scum are purposefully allowing them to live for a specific reason.

Do you remember what post it was? You have a lot of long posts and a lot of them talk about Atum.

Also I notice MathBlade is willing to lynch Atum to prove you're town. This is practically a proposal, say something.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Grrr the board didn't post this.

1) Lyrium night kill -- Points out Sloth as potential scum. She dies.
    2) Titus dies -- Sloth believes she's strong player. He lies and says she is a weak and controllable player into tunnel lynches. But then argues that she's a strong player to Rubicon. He's banking that you think my arguments are shit and the way too long a ramble I did will cause you to vote her out. This was the good opportunity to vote Titus as we had the flame war going on.
    3) Terraine - Again he's preparing for the end game. No one suspects him right now so it looks like free reign to do as he likes so he kills a person who suspected him in the early game to try to prevent any potential recollection of him being scum.

This is a very SIMPLE explanation for the night kills...I know it relies on an undetected Sloth.

//Sorry just realized this didn't post.

9. Rubicon

Can you give quotes for this?

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Absolutely. :)

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=725632&postcount=1582 – Provokes Rubicon implying that Titus is a strong player.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=725552&postcount=1551 – Suggests as Scum he’d keep her alive that she’d be easy to put into mislynches.

---------- Post automerged at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

And as a present for Sloth to prove I'm damn serious.

VOTE ATUM

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Really I ought to quit posting...You have what you need to make up your minds...I'm getting to the point where my brain is about to be useless due to needing sleep.

11. Sloth

UNVOTE. RIGHT NOW.
    Jesus, Mathblade. L-1.

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

(writing response)

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Why? You want the Atum lynch....? I'm giving you it? What the hell?

13. Rubicon

Erm you know you can unvote if you don't want him at L-1, Sloth

14. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Good point Rubicon *high fives*

---------- Post automerged at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Devil's advocate where is Atum??!

15. Sloth

...Every time I read one of your posts something it becomes more and more clear that you're not reading mine.

I already said where my reads stand at 1567. I reiterated that in 1635.
    I explained why those reads are such in 1532 (pay close attention to the Dermon/Atum section) and strengthened with 1554, my NK analysis.
    You countered my argument, and I countered your counter in 1630, showing you why it's wrong.

My reads have been clear. My reasons for those reads have been enumerated. You either didn't read my posts or are seriously trying to doubtcast me by claiming that my reads are all over the place. I don't know which is worse, but how about you tell me?

The next section of your post basically says I'm the most towniest player in the game, that I'm so town none of the experienced players have scumread. Which means I have to be scum. That's your argument. That's what convinces you. ...Yes, mathblade, that is crazy. -__-

I do believe Atum could be our scum, even if newbie. He was wishy-washy. He was inactive. He's played the card several times. But he's clever. And Fonti would give him general advice that he'd make good use of. He played it quiet and well enough that he was mostly dismissed as Town till now.
    He attacked you, yes, but that was suddenly after backing off from TerRaine - his options are you, Rubicon, mbond (his partner in a scum!Atum scenario), snow, and delphine.
    Mbond's out, obviously. Delphine too, too little reason, too much attraction to mbond. My play is too solid and I was the one pressing him on TerRaine too, so there was a bit of OMGUS there. I already pointed out his very waffley reads on Snow so to scumread decisively would raise suspicion.
    That leaves you and Rubicon. Given your style, you already know how easy it is to target you.

Finally, killing you would not have been smart play at all. Are you kidding? With Delphine being conf!Town, killing you would reek of desperation, and I doubt anyone here would believe me to fear kill. If anyone proposed it, I could point out it's obviously a frame, and why would I do it when your argument was weak and no one was listening. Think.

And none of my questions I threw at you are answered. You simply say 'nope, we're done. This is pointless.'
    It's not untrue, but I at least respected you enough to engage you. (not AtE, has nothing to do with the game)

---------- Post automerged at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Eh, true. Was too focused on writing this.
    UNVOTE
    And we've been over this, mathblade. We have 48 hours, why should we early hammer?

---------- Post automerged at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Ah this is what you meant.
    No, this is not a contradiction.

I said Titus is a strong player, because she's a deeply analytical thinker that tries to see deception.
    But she has a weak point. Everyone does. Titus is good, but if she locks on to something she'll tunnel it to 'kingdom come' until it's dead or she is. Only then she'll believe she's wrong. You know this, you're her sister. Hell, she says it like once a game.
    That weakness can be exploited. Anyone that knows her would try to use it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

I'll be around for 15 more minutes, guys. Then bed.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'd just like to point out that if Rubicon or I were scum, one of us totally could have hammered Atum and won the game.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

VOTE SLOTH

Asked answered and explained it's the same questions except the Atum...Rubi or Snow if you see something that Sloth has posted that I haven't answered let me know. I have posted detailed arguments as to what I think and why.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Buzzword calling it OMGUS doesn't make it so. I'm asking you to prove me wrong. It would be great if I am. I am playing chicken with you. I will follow your request and do it Wednesday but come on...Rubicon made more sense to target. And given my playstyle in this game I'm a hard sell because I'm so town I might as well have a town tattoo.

---------- Post automerged at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Exactly Snow ;) This leaves it between Atum and Sloth...Ya'll are understanding what I am doing and why. So lynch Atum. I'll help if I need be. Now we can see the plays coming together.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh no wait, there's only one scum left. Ignore me.

19. Sloth

? Won the game?
    1 scum vs 4 town
    1 ML + 1 NK
    1 scum vs 2 town

How would hammering do anything but ensure you're tomorrow's lynch?

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Because then going into the final three, the last scum would be the really obvious hammerer. I got excited there for a second.

---------- Post automerged at 02:49 ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 ----------

I can count I swear.